You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time-out

13»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Yes ive played most of the 7pm freerolls, yes ive registered and not turned up to a few, yes ive been at a table with 5 aways, yes ive cashed in some, i even came 4th for £30 in one, im easy weather its a full table half empty or just me on my lonesome, as for others getting chipstacks while you just pick up the blinds on an away table, i used to think this was a hinderence but not now, it only takes 2 bad hands to go from chip leader to out the door and the same for underdog to big dog!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out:
    Yes ive played most of the 7pm freerolls, yes ive registered and not turned up to a few, yes ive been at a table with 5 aways, yes ive cashed in some, i even came 4th for £30 in one, im easy weather its a full table half empty or just me on my lonesome, as for others getting chipstacks while you just pick up the blinds on an away table, i used to think this was a hinderence but not now, it only takes 2 bad hands to go from chip leader to out the door and the same for underdog to big dog!!
    Posted by loonytoons

Don't bring me into this :o)
  • edited August 2010

Emilyegg 5

Meresnooty 0

Result was NEVER in doubt ;o)

• edited August 2010
    how did i miss this thread?

Welcome to the forum Timmyy

Freerolls are notorious for "away" players, not just on Sky, on all sites. I agree that if there was a method of ensuring that if you register you have to play, that it would be more realistic and like a regular tournament.

But, there is no way of enforcing this. Freerolls are free, daft point i know, but because they are free, some people are not bothered if they don't turn up.

I, like Emilyegg, will only register for a freeroll if i intend to play, but not everyone does this. I know it can be frustrating but If you are on a starting table of "away" players this is a good way to accumulate chips, then, when you get moved you can use your chips to get a nice cash.

Good Luck and please stick around...

Hoggers

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : emily, for a girly you seem to have lots of testosterone.  chillax babe.
    Posted by aussie09
    that she is a he called Rob
  • edited August 2010
    Just an idea with people being away, play through the first round of blinds and then remove any players that are still away. This will give all players 5mins to log on etc and allow more enjoyable play. Not sure if this is something that Sky could program in but as i said its only an idea.
  • edited August 2010
    Just an idea with people being away, play through the first round of blinds and then remove any players that are still away. This will give all players 5mins to log on etc and allow more enjoyable play. Not sure if this is something that Sky could program in but as i said its only an idea.
    Posted by drvod1968
    and it is a very good idea. Have a chat with Sky Rich or Sky Jordan and see if they can put your idea forward to Sky mods
  • edited August 2010

You can't do that!! lol

What wud Phil Hellmuth do if he intentionally turned up 3 levels late and realised he'd been withdrawn? 

• edited August 2010
    You can't do that!! lol What wud Phil Hellmuth do if he intentionally turned up 3 levels late and realised he'd been withdrawn? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol, i think you are secretly in love with Phil Hellmuth
  • edited August 2010
    You can't do that!! lol What wud Phil Hellmuth do if he intentionally turned up 3 levels late and realised he'd been withdrawn? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I was only suggesting this idea for freerolls not paid tourney's.

As I doubt very much that Phil enters Sky freerolls he shouldnt lose out :-)
  • edited August 2010

Just got out of bed , so pls excuse me if i have missed something . Played a few free rolls in the past and i found  the many away players a real pain.Why cant the registration for them open 1 hour before they start ?
  • edited August 2010
    If you were against five "away" players you would have 18K chips after 45 minutes with no risks assuming that you remember to raise each hand. That is plenty to be able to win the tournament. Having one other player makes it slightly more of a challenge. Just be thankful.
    Posted by MereNovice
    It seems as though there is some history with you and egg?whatever,you seem to miss the point! the whole idea of playing 'holdem' is for the challenge/gamble is it not??? why spend all that time clicking the mouse for a few points,or all the points come to think of it. Do you not understand it's about gambling with other people not avatars who are away. Tell me, why should anyone be thankful !!! . Are YOU aware how condescending your post is??? take that from an expert ME.      Kind regards
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : It seems as though there is some history with you and egg?whatever,you seem to miss the point! the whole idea of playing 'holdem' is for the challenge/gamble is it not??? why spend all that time clicking the mouse for a few points,or all the points come to think of it. Do you not understand it's about gambling with other people not avatars who are away. Tell me, why should anyone be thankful !!! . Are YOU aware how condescending your post is??? take that from an expert ME.      Kind regards
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    The OP said "which ultimately means i haven't a chance of winning the tournament because i cant make enough chips in the first hour".

I pointed out that this was not the case and that he should be "thankful" for the chance to take that many chips uncontested. It is fairly clear from my earlier posts.

So, I would say that it is you that has missed the point.
  • edited August 2010

emilyegg and alivehat could look again at nerenovice's initial response with less accusing eyes.  the OP certainly concluded that the events left him with no chance of winning which is incorrect.  offering a better conclusion is fine.
  • edited August 2010
    Battle of the Eggheads!! Merenovice Or EmilyEgg My monies on CJ you sexy C***
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    2nd best show on telly.