You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLayers Away

13»

Comments

• edited September 2010

All understood Batman, that explanation makes much better sense to me. Maybe I read the first one too early in the morning!

Whatever way it's looked at, Sky Poker are trying very hard to improve the product, & deliver Client Satisfaction, which might just be a clue as to why the graph continues to head north, & not south, as so many others are at present. 
  • edited September 2010
    Tikay, when I read some of your earlier posts on this thread I thought you were being somewhat tongue in cheek.  After reading your last few posts I see you are serious and the Sky suits really do want to investigate this.

I have a theory as to why so many of the new players Sky has got to come and try Sky Poker for the Freeroll Festival and been upset by the away players.  And that reason is... Facebook!

I would think the average Sky Sports viewer who may see the Thursday show or be exposed to advertising to come and play on Sky Poker fits the demographic for Sky Sports and Facebook perfectly.

Why is Facebook involved, well Zynga Poker is the most popular game on Facebook, 36 million monthly active users, and what 'rules' does it play by?  Tournament wise they only have SnGs, but after 3 time-outs you are automatically ejected from the table and the chips are removed from play.  I think a good percentage of players new to Sky Poker gained their knowledge of poker from Facebook and along with it the 'rules' it plays by.

Just a thought.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: PLayers Away:
    Tikay, when I read some of your earlier posts on this thread I thought you were being somewhat tongue in cheek.  After reading your last few posts I see you are serious and the Sky suits really do want to investigate this. I have a theory as to why so many of the new players Sky has got to come and try Sky Poker for the Freeroll Festival and been upset by the away players.  And that reason is... Facebook! I would think the average Sky Sports viewer who may see the Thursday show or be exposed to advertising to come and play on Sky Poker fits the demographic for Sky Sports and Facebook perfectly. Why is Facebook involved, well Zynga Poker is the most popular game on Facebook, 36 million monthly active users, and what 'rules' does it play by?  Tournament wise they only have SnGs, but after 3 time-outs you are automatically ejected from the table and the chips are removed from play.  I think a good percentage of players new to Sky Poker gained their knowledge of poker from Facebook and along with it the 'rules' it plays by. Just a thought.
    Posted by Machka
    Thanks Aaron.

I was 100% serious, for it was relatively new, or brand new, players who were complaining, & it was frustrating to see so much angst, especially to those of us who have played the game for a while, & we were genuinely perplexed, & trying to get to the root of the problem.

Sky Poker can't & won't change the Rules of Poker, but I think they have found a way to help alleviate the problem, by not opening Freerolls for Registration so early. A very odd problem to solve, but at least they tried.
  • edited September 2010
    One major point tikay that the suits must bear in mind - the freerolls are rebuys so it has absolutely no positives for sky poker if players are away, they need all players present so more will rebuy - away players will NEVER rebuy!! 
  • edited September 2010
    One major point tikay that the suits must bear in mind - the freerolls are rebuys so it has absolutely no positives for sky poker if players are away, they need all players present so more will rebuy - away players will NEVER rebuy!! 
    Posted by loonytoons
    well all that time i took to write those posts--

and the 'joker' hit's the nail on the head--

smart 'rse--

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: PLayers Away : Yes, that all makes sense Lewis, but it misses one central point. You cannot have one set of rules, & one set of software, for Freerolls & another for normal "paid" Tourneys. It's simply not possible. So it's one, or the other. The reason I have engaged in debate on this thread is because to arrive at the best, & correct, solution, for the Sky Poker Clients, Sky Poker need to understand the problem. They sought the view of myself & others, but I was, & am not, able to grasp the problem. And as yet, nobody has explained to me why it exercises people's minds so much.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi i'm new 2 to your site,i've watched a few tv shows(great stuff by the way).I've been playing poker about 18months now & whenever i sit down @ a table with evry1 sat out i clench my fist,punch the air & shout yeeessssss lol.Y r people moaning?there's no better way 2 start any tourny its FREE CHIPS,have these  people heard of chip preservation & building a stack slowly.The only people who'll b above u on the leader board after 1/2hr of this is the maniacs who think its a race,the people who got lucky & good players & it only takes a couple of hands 2 work out which category they fall into.good luck @ the tables evry1 cu about
  • edited September 2010
    shhhhhhh don`t tell anyone i`m not here !
  • edited September 2010
    majority of the time though the players aren't deliberately sat away it could be for various reasons why they away you mainly notice that they have registered for the free roll then forgot and not come back or even where it can take a long period of time every now and then for a game to load.... durin the premier league game the other day i was on my own with 5 players away didnt bother me raise raise raise by all them players being away it helped me to get an extra 10k without any worries of losing a chip..... away players are the best players to have on your table wouldnt mind being put on a table of aways every thursday at 8pm lol