You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker is rubbish

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker is rubbish:
    But what if .......
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    Quite right Gav.

Just because you're paranoid? Don't mean Sky aren't after you. Murdoch's in league with Google. That's all I can say before my life becomes endangered ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    Read this, I'll be asking questions in the morning.
  • edited August 2010
    explanty!!!

Machka is the grandmaster of all mods.

I'm on your side explanty. But don't be surprised if I mysteriously disappear by the morning. I'm too old and Sky have sussed out that I know what they know explanty. Keep this fire burning. Don't let my death be for nothing.

exxxxpllllannntttyyyyyy! Don't let this be in vain. Arrgghhhhhhh, Tikay, I, I loved...

• edited August 2010
    Well, Rumbling in this thread tonight. So I will add my thoughts here. I love Sky Poker and the general layout the community feel everything. However, it just does not matter how big a favourite you go into a hand, you always get outdrawn in big pots, or that is just my experience anyway.

Just now, at a cash table 20p/40p blinds i come with £11, work myself up to £66. I am on the button and get pocket 10s, raise to £2, small blind and big blind both call. Flop comes down Kc, 10d, 5c.

I bet £3, small blind raised to £10. I re-raise to £30, small blind shoves all in. I quickly think to myself, well if he's got pocket kings fair play to him that's just unlucky, he could have a flush draw but I can't lay this down. I call so its a £132 pot.

Small blind turns over Ace, King. No flush draw at all.

Turn As,

River Ac.

Now to say I was left speachless was an understatement. Firstly it's awful play to go back in over the top a second time with a pair of kings when you been raised pre-flop, continuation bet, re-raised but then to reward that bad play with Ace, Ace as the two runner cards is just too fishy.

I would like to reitterate, I don't claim to be an amazing player and I know that Poker is just based on probability but since last Friday it just seems that no hand holds up to bad play. Pretty much in a deck of cards their was 5 cards to hit on the turn and then 4 on the river, hitting 1 on either the turn or river would have been a miracle let alone 2. Fed up of no matter how well you play on this site nothing holds up. 

Plus I also got a parking ticket today, brilliant!
  • edited August 2010
    Sky is brilliant.

Sky rules.

What have they done to me.... Zap!!!!

Machka isn't a mod, nor is Dohhhhh. No chance. Phil2UK wins all the time coincidentally. Tikay and Orford bubbling all the time isn't a smoke screen.

But wait a minut.... Zap!!!!

Sky is brilliant.

Sky rules.

Skkkyyyyyyyy.
  • edited August 2010
    4:45am, I'm going to call it a night now. It is only Poker, but at the end of the day sometimes you feel like the whole world is against you. If people make Royal Flushs then i guess people are gonna be just as lucky to hit a gut shot 1 in a million shot against me for £130!

Hope the next time I'm on here I am not coming across as a moaner!
  • edited August 2010
    4:45am, I'm going to call it a night now. It is only Poker, but at the end of the day sometimes you feel like the whole world is against you. If people make Royal Flushs then i guess people are gonna be just as lucky to hit a gut shot 1 in a million shot against me for £130! Hope the next time I'm on here I am not coming across as a moaner!
    Posted by Colly87
    The person you were called by is a well known loon :) Just try and play them more often at the tables :)
  • edited August 2010

Random Number Generator Certificate

Sky Betting and Gaming's RNG is audited by the 3rd party company Technical Systems Testing (TST), who are global experts in the analysis of RNG's used for online gaming purposes. TST are approved by our regulator, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, to conduct compliance testing.

For more information on TST and their credentials please click here:

TST conducted an audit of Sky Betting and Gaming in September 2009. Their results confirmed that our RNG is completely fair, random and unpredictable, within the degrees of freedom used for statistical analysis. Please see a copy of the certificate below:

• edited August 2010
    IRISHROVER is a 'sky mod' in disguise who really lives in a basement below the 'sky poker hq' BUT is also a very very good deepstack player and a very good guy so 1 offsets the other ;o)))
  • edited August 2010
    what does it mean" within the degrees of freedom used for statistical analysis" what about outside  the degrees!!!. they can be dodgy as ell outside them degrees !!!
  • edited August 2010
    what does it mean" within the degrees of freedom used for statistical analysis" what about outside  the degrees!!!. they can be dodgy as ell outside them degrees !!!
    Posted by pod1
    You could well be right 'to a degree' ;o)
  • edited August 2010
    Well, as long as they're quick with any increased level of shuffling. I don't want to be sat waiting around for the dealer all the time.

Maybe if each table had two dealers....with one sat at the side shuffling away getting ready for the next hand. This seemed to work well on the Durr challenge recently. Sky just need to employ some better dealers. Some of them can be both nice and efficient. The ones we've got now are obviously not doing the job right.

I've never had much luck with AK. Now I know why.
  • edited August 2010
    The problem is.- Too many Sky dealers are drunk most of the time.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to sky poker is rubbish:
    i have never had so many ak , aq etc and only got small cards out on flop turn and river. beat on aa kk  on nearly every hand, this is not realistic , if you play normal cards this does not happen on so many occurences, you need to sort out the dealing
    Posted by explanty
    You're lucky, you can actually play the games you enter!!!
    When it takes 1hr 30 to get onto your table, you've been blinded out, maybe played A hand before being "disconnected!", that is THE reason skypoker is rubbish!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    SKYPOKER! CAN YOU PLEASE SORT THIS FECKIN' SITE OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 
    EITHER MAKE IT DOWNLOADABLE OR SORT OUT THE SOFTWARE AND SERVER SO IT CAN HANDLE THE TRAFFIC!!!!!
    I AM SO SICK OF WASTING MY TIME "TRYING" TO GET ON THE FLIPPIN' TABLES!!!
    POKERSTARS AND FULLTILT CAN DO IT,WHY NOT SKY?????????
    AND BY SORTING THIS, MAYBE THERE WOULDN'T BE SO MANY PLAYERS "AWAY"!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    i think 4srus is playing outside the degrees, and that is danger danger!!!
  • edited August 2010

bailey69 Small blind  150.00 150.00 5270.00 igimc Big blind  300.00 450.00 2015.00   Your hole cards J A       debzio2227 Fold     tiggertoo Fold     bailey69 Raise  600.00 1050.00 4670.00 igimc All-in  2015.00 3065.00 0.00 bailey69 Call  1565.00 4630.00 3105.00 bailey69 Show K Q    igimc Show J A    Flop    10 J A       Turn    10       River    10       bailey69 Win Royal Flush 4630.00  7735.0
    skypoker in a nutshell

• edited August 2010

Well that would be impossible anywhere but Sky Poker ;-) ..... unlucky.

• edited August 2010
    I agree something certainly not right here can you imagaine my shock when maxally cashed in a stt 10 seater. Cmon sky its time to look in 2 this
    Posted by Ozzie08
    one word....

Variance..
  • edited August 2010
    I just decided to put a post on here without saying anything useful at all--- how random is that?
  • edited August 2010
    I just decided to put a post on here without saying anything useful at all--- how random is that?
    Posted by oynutter
    Not very.

!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    PROOF AGAIN THIS POST CAN ONLY COME ON SKY POKER ;O)
  • edited August 2010
    bailey69 Small blind   150.00 150.00 5270.00 igimc Big blind   300.00 450.00 2015.00   Your hole cards J A       debzio2227 Fold         tiggertoo Fold         bailey69 Raise   600.00 1050.00 4670.00 igimc All-in   2015.00 3065.00 0.00 bailey69 Call   1565.00 4630.00 3105.00 bailey69 Show K Q       igimc Show J A       Flop     10 J A       Turn     10       River     10       bailey69 Win Royal Flush 4630.00   7735.0 skypoker in a nutshell
    Posted by igimc

while its harsh you lost to a royal flush you were only a slight fave pre flop

kq 44.1%

aj 55.9%

not a bad beat atall.

• edited September 2010

Replying to the first thread if ur ace kings always get taken down play low cards! U cant expect to win if ur holding and ace king at the start of the hand, ur odds are better but not by much!! And the chances of ur aces and kings coming down on the flop are the same online as live there are still 52 cards! If u play low stakes tho ppl will constantly call hoping for flushes or draws so that myt be where its going wrong for ya!

• edited September 2010
    Maxally won the Deepstck Premier League as well - How fixed is that??????????
  • edited September 2010
    Maxally won the Deepstck Premier League as well - How fixed is that??????????
    Posted by POKERTREV
    lol
  • edited September 2010
    this site is a rubbish site the nrg is very poor and theres alot of donks on the site last time i play on here i think  the whole thing is just a joke
  • edited September 2010
    this site is a rubbish site the nrg is very poor and theres alot of donks on the site last time i play on here i think  the whole thing is just a joke
    Posted by stackmeup1
    go stack go stack go stack go stack 
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to sky poker is rubbish:
    i have never had so many ak , aq etc and only got small cards out on flop turn and river. beat on aa kk  on nearly every hand, this is not realistic , if you play normal cards this does not happen on so many occurences, you need to sort out the dealing
    Posted by explanty
    been there done that they just dont care m8ty simples, there is no rule to say u cant tell your cards b4 the hand is over but they say if u do u can be chat banned if there isnt a rule then how can u be chat banned doesnt make sense, and they say it is against the ettiqutte so is in fact a rule work that one out
  • edited September 2010
    Sky poker is not rubbish--- Honestly it is'nt---- my old mans a dustman, and he says he's never found anything like sky poker in the bins, although he did find a tigers head one day, nailed to a piece of wood