You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SITTING OUT SOLUTION!?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
I joined sky poker a few days ago, was given 2 quid to start playing, i was greatful!

Played 3..... 30p double ups ...lost all 3...lol

Then decided to have a go in a mini bounty hunter, again only 30p

I knocked out 3 players ..."blimey" .....BUT ...when there were 6 players left at 1st 4 suddenly sat-out !!

then a little later ...1 rejoined!

I eventually came 2nd, but the match took ages for these players to get blinded out!

My point is ....why sit-out at that point!

SOLUTION..

1 site is dealing with the sit-out problem in this way!

EVERY PLAYER IS ALLOWED 6 MINS SIT-OUT TIME...THEN FROM THEN ON IF THEY STILL SIT-OUT THEY ARE HIT WITH BIG BLIND EVERY HAND!

Funny how suddenly sitting out was virtually stopped dead in its tracks over night on that site!

I call sit-outs "POKER PARASITES!" They are a real pain in the neck!
I was delighted, so got intouch with support, and they said!

"we feel that 6 mins is enough time to answer the phone, answer the door, do a poo, ect"

Any thoughts folks?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I agree with you. Or if big blind is missed 3 times then get booted off!
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    FFS.....this topic has been regurgitated so many times, no solution is needed because its not a problem.

Just nick their blinds. EZ game.
  • edited September 2010
     I have no problems with others sitting out but Im stubburn and dont like giving up my chips without a fight!
     With my network provider my connection as been down for more than 6mins so why should I be punished unduly for things out of my control? Plus also there is the chance of an Adobe flash error which can take more than 6mins to sort out! Plus you have got to think about those people that cant make it home for the start of a tourny but still want to play in it which if you think about it if they then dont decide to enter your are cutting down your potential winnings.
     At the end of the day people pay their money and chose how to play or not in some cases.
  • edited September 2010
    Well done with coming up with a solution to something that isn't a problem

perhaps you should go on Dragons Den
  • edited September 2010
    Hi

I never find it a problem with players sitting out, it is thier money, they can play as they wish, I just nick thier blinds, I think it could bring up so many issues, especily if some one pays to play in a tourny, whether away, or not, if they get kicked out, and lose there buy in, I think they could challenge it, it may turn into a minefield.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!?:
     I have no problems with others sitting out but Im stubburn and dont like giving up my chips without a fight!  With my network provider my connection as been down for more than 6mins so why should I be punished unduly for things out of my control? Plus also there is the chance of an Adobe flash error which can take more than 6mins to sort out! Plus you have got to think about those people that cant make it home for the start of a tourny but still want to play in it which if you think about it if they then dont decide to enter your are cutting down your potential winnings.  At the end of the day people pay their money and chose how to play or not in some cases.
    Posted by Donut64
    Dodgy online connection...then dont play ...why should i suffer with your problem!
  • edited September 2010
    Well done with coming up with a solution to something that isn't a problem perhaps you should go on Dragons Den
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes, i want 50k to design a online cork ...And i know where im going to put it!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : Yes, i want 50k to design a online cork ...And i know where im going to put it!!!!!!
    Posted by FR4NK
    I dint come up with that solution dip-stick cant you read!
  • edited September 2010
    FFS.....this topic has been regurgitated so many times, no solution is needed because its not a problem. Just nick their blinds. EZ game.
    Posted by yb
    Not by me pal....FFS back
  • edited September 2010
    Hi I never find it a problem with players sitting out, it is thier money, they can play as they wish, I just nick thier blinds, I think it could bring up so many issues, especily if some one pays to play in a tourny, whether away, or not, if they get kicked out, and lose there buy in, I think they could challenge it, it may turn into a minefield.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Or sign a new set of rules and regs.... Then no excuse...eh?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : Dodgy online connection...then dont play ...why should i suffer with your problem!
    Posted by FR4NK
     No need for that! I dont have a dodgy connection all the time but when I do it is me that suffers not you! If I can accept the problem is going to crop up now and again I have as much right to play as anyone else!
  • edited September 2010
    Hey

Please refrain from name calling, it is against the forum rules and keep this post civil.

Thank you for your understanding

Sky Mod
  • edited September 2010
    Hey Please refrain from name calling, it is against the forum rules and keep this post civil. Thank you for your understanding Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod1
    I found FFS offensive, did you warn that player to ....
    Ok point taken!
  • edited September 2010
    Well done with coming up with a solution to something that isn't a problem perhaps you should go on Dragons Den
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     Couldn't have put it better myself hoggers, I can't believe there isn't more important things to post about!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : Or sign a new set of rules and regs.... Then no excuse...eh?
    Posted by FR4NK
    why do we need new rules?, nicking blinds is not a problem.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : I dint come up with that solution dip-stick cant you read!
    Posted by FR4NK
    Sorry for calling you a terrible thing! But try to read and understand b4 you reply! Thx!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? :  Couldn't have put it better myself hoggers, I can't believe there isn't more important things to post about!
    Posted by mmmchips
    You read it then posted ...or is it that important to you ...lol lol lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to SITTING OUT SOLUTION!?:
    I joined sky poker a few days ago, was given 2 quid to start playing, i was greatful! Played 3..... 30p double ups ...lost all 3...lol Then decided to have a go in a mini bounty hunter, again only 30p I knocked out 3 players ..."blimey" .....BUT ...when there were 6 players left at 1st 4 suddenly sat-out !! then a little later ...1 rejoined! I eventually came 2nd, but the match took ages for these players to get blinded out! My point is ....why sit-out at that point! SOLUTION.. 1 site is dealing with the sit-out problem in this way! EVERY PLAYER IS ALLOWED 6 MINS SIT-OUT TIME...THEN FROM THEN ON IF THEY STILL SIT-OUT THEY ARE HIT WITH BIG BLIND EVERY HAND! Funny how suddenly sitting out was virtually stopped dead in its tracks over night on that site! I call sit-outs "POKER PARASITES!" They are a real pain in the neck! I was delighted, so got intouch with support, and they said! "we feel that 6 mins is enough time to answer the phone, answer the door, do a poo, ect" Any thoughts folks?
    Posted by FR4NK
    I would guess the sitting out stopped because the players left the site in their droves!
  • edited September 2010
     Maybe if you are not good enough to beat players that are away then maybe its you that shouldnt play! Just saying! :)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : I would guess the sitting out stopped because the players left the site in their droves!
    Posted by mmmchips
    Never guess what others do or think.....you may be wrong ...toodle pip!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : I found FFS offensive, did you warn that player to .... Ok point taken!
    Posted by FR4NK
    FFS Means For Flip Sake and is not offensive or swearing in any mannor.

Theres only one solution required for "Sit Outs" and thats NICK THEIR CHIPS!!!!.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : Never guess what others do or think.....you may be wrong ...toodle pip!
    Posted by FR4NK
    You asked for the forum's thoughts, and you got them.
    Don't be surprised that most disagree with you sir.
  • edited September 2010

Greg got it, no need for a solution unless their is a problem. 

I'll give u a problem, the away guy sit's back in and raises every single hand pre flop when you are 3 handed - figure that one out.....
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : FFS Means For Flip Sake and is not offensive or swearing in any mannor. Theres only one solution required for "Sit Outs" and thats NICK THEIR CHIPS!!!!.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Except when it is me that is sitting out, in which case you should fold to my big blind EVERY time:))
  • edited September 2010
     Maybe if you are not good enough to beat players that are away then maybe its you that shouldnt play! Just saying! :)
    Posted by Donut64
    4 players dint beat the sit out ....lol wonder how they feel...as for my game...as you will know ...ya only as good as each other...or how kind the RNG is to you ...hahahah get my drift ...ive been playing poker for 30 odd yrs, and 10 on line...i still damm well lose no matter how clever, careful, aggresive, lose, tight, and pathetic i may be! Why do you think i play at the micro levels...am i scared, or sensible....I could quite easily challenge you to £100+ heads up ...but does that really prove you are better than me ...or me you ...it would have to be over 50 games to settled that argument! Get my point chap!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : Except when it is me that is sitting out, in which case you should fold to my big blind EVERY time:))
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    lol
  • edited September 2010
    In thatIn Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!?:
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : FFS Means For Flip Sake and is not offensive or swearing in any mannor. Theres only one solution required for "Sit Outs" and thats NICK THEIR CHIPS!!!!.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    In that case ... ***** FFS
  • edited September 2010

to be fair he never said he can't beat them, or that he wasn't just taking their blinds.

His point was that it takes a while with them only losing 1.5 big blinds every orbit, if they had big stacks it could stretch your game out for longer than it should. Which could be a problem if you aren't into sitting on your computer clicking.

this idea would be a solution to that as they would be losing 6 big blinds every orbit.

Also, i do think more people should call others dip-stick more often.

• edited September 2010
    WishIn Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!?:
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : why do we need new rules?, nicking blinds is not a problem.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Wish i could nick yours....
    lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: SITTING OUT SOLUTION!? : 4 players dint beat the sit out ....lol wonder how they feel...as for my game...as you will know ...ya only as good as each other...or how kind the RNG is to you ...hahahah get my drift ...ive been playing poker for 30 odd yrs, and 10 on line...i still damm well lose no matter how clever, careful, aggresive, lose, tight, and pathetic i may be! Why do you think i play at the micro levels...am i scared, or sensible....I could quite easily challenge you to £100+ heads up ...but does that really prove you are better than me ...or me you ...it would have to be over 50 games to settled that argument! Get my point chap!
    Posted by FR4NK
    No!
    Deviation, I think.