You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HI GUYS/GALS SOZ TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT 35SUITED..........

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Dont know him ...never will either!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: HI GUYS/GALS SOZ TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT 35SUITED..........:
    Dont know him ...never will either!
    Posted by FR4NK
    i dont think he,ll lose any sleep either you dont sound like a very nice bloke m8 with all your age and experiance
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry to hear this Gareth

Top bloke. 
  • edited September 2010
    I ain't shaving or getting a haircut until he comes back.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey everyone 35suited (Gareth) is on my facebook mates list and asked me to paste this in from him.....

Hi Guys,

As rover has reported, On Saturday I self excluded myself for 5 years, at the time I was drunk, id just done my roll (only small) on the horses again, was on mega tilt and clicked it. I regretted it within 3 seconds but unfortunately it was too late. I do think its far to easy to self exclude only takes a couple of clicks, anyone could easily do it after a few drinks.

I’ve since tried to get this overturned customer services weren’t no help, a forum member has contacted sky Bernie for me no response yet, ive even sent tikay a message on facebook not that he will be able to do anything.

To say im gutted is an understatement, I can play poker anywhere but it’s the community I’m going to miss, might actually have to start spending time with the wife now

Thanks for the kind messages im sure most of you are just gutted that your not going to be able to take my money anymore.

Anyway guess ill see you all in 2015 unless someone can overturn this for me,

Gareth
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: HI GUYS/GALS SOZ TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT 35SUITED..........:
    I ain't shaving or getting a haircut until he comes back.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Ok, Chewie
  • edited September 2010
    I have just covered my head in immac to give me some breathing space.
  • edited September 2010

Not spoke to you much Gareth but you have my very best wishes  - think I may have been where  you are now and you can beat them demons

• edited September 2010

Just make a new account mate, like u say, u can play poker anywhere, so just make an account to use on the forum, and don't play poker. 

Is multi-accounting on the forum illegal? Even if it is, so what. 

U'll be back in time to post Saturdays losers, TC, JJ
  • edited September 2010
    Hey everyone 35suited (Gareth) is on my facebook mates list and asked me to paste this in from him..... Hi Guys, As rover has reported, On Saturday I self excluded myself for 5 years, at the time I was drunk, id just done my roll (only small) on the horses again, was on mega tilt and clicked it. I regretted it within 3 seconds but unfortunately it was too late. I do think its far to easy to self exclude only takes a couple of clicks, anyone could easily do it after a few drinks. I’ve since tried to get this overturned customer services weren’t no help, a forum member has contacted sky Bernie for me no response yet, ive even sent tikay a message on facebook not that he will be able to do anything. To say im gutted is an understatement, I can play poker anywhere but it’s the community I’m going to miss, might actually have to start spending time with the wife now Thanks for the kind messages im sure most of you are just gutted that your not going to be able to take my money anymore. Anyway guess ill see you all in 2015 unless someone can overturn this for me, Gareth
    Posted by BananaDog
    Thanks Narna. I`m missing him BIG TIME already! : ( xxx
  • edited September 2010
    Yikes mate!!! Take care!
  • edited September 2010
    Miss ya Pal!

The very best of luck to you Gaz...see you when i'm 43!!! xx
  • edited September 2010
    I think Sky aren't allowed to over turn it because of the Responsible Gambling rules.

However, maybe if we all did it they would have to, come on! who's with me?
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry to see you go 35suited, MVP for Silversharks in team event.
  • edited September 2010
    I think I saw 56suited playing on the tables earlier, hmmm.
  • edited September 2010
    Mate I have u as a friend on fb and if I can do anything to help please contact me there.

You will be sorely missed if this cannot be overturned but I sincerely hope something can be done.

Chin up and take care buddy!
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry to see you go Gareth.  Hope you can get the exclusion overturned.  Silversharks will miss you.

Take care and Good Luck
    Jan x
  • edited September 2010
    What have you gone and done Gareth? ...... hope you get back on m8.
  • edited September 2010
    Hope you're okay man - best wishes from me.
  • edited September 2010
    Gareth sorry to hear about the self exclusion, hopefully something can be done to get you back, hmm a Free 35Suited T-Shirt campaign?

All the best sir.

Ross
  • edited September 2010
    OMG the demon drink strikes again! Hope you can sort it out and get back on here very soon mate! Good luck in your quest or, alternatively, see you again in five years!

All the best bud!

Chris
  • edited September 2010
    Get your  lass to open an account, then you can still chat on here.see women can be useful!
    good luck Gareth.
  • edited September 2010

As has been Posted above by at least one Member, Gareth contacted me privately & asked if I could assist. I replied to him stating the facts as I saw them.

I have never once known a Self-Exclusion to be overturned - it's just not done, because of Sky Poker's responsibility to "Responsible Gaming". The Policies are in place to protect Clients, not benefit the Business, but it's taken very seriously by "Compliance".

I did, however, write a long & good Character Reference for Gareth, & sent it to Suit-ville.

I explained all this to Gareth.

Sadly, even the infinitesimally small chance there was of perhaps overturning the Self-Exclusion went up in smoke once the news became public, as I'm sure all of you will be able to figure out. Gareth's Self-Exclusion will now have to run it's full term - 5 years. 

It's all very sad, really, but each of us, as individuals, have to be responsible for our actions, & Gareth understands that.

If ANY of you ever consider, at any time, Self-Exclusion, please think it through carefully. Not because it's wrong, but because as far as I am aware, it's wholly irreversible.
  • edited September 2010

How about making a new account just to use the forum tk? - surely that wud be okay as long as he doesn't play cards?
  • edited September 2010
    As has been Posted above by at least one Member, Gareth contacted me privately & asked if I could assist. I replied to him stating the facts as I saw them. I have never once known a Self-Exclusion to be overturned - it's just not done, because of Sky Poker's responsibility to "Responsible Gaming". The Policies are in place to protect Clients, not benefit the Business, but it's taken very seriously by "Compliance". I did, however, write a long & good Character Reference for Gareth, & send it to Suit-ville. I explained all this to Gareth. Sadly, even the infinitesimally small chance there was of perhaps overturning the Self-Exclusion went up in smoke once the news became public, as I'm sure all of you will be able to figure out. Gareth's Self-Exclusion will now have to run it's full term - 5 years.  It's all very sad, really, but each of us, as individuals, have to be responsible for our actions, & Gareth understands that. If ANY of you ever consider, at any time, Self-Exclusion, please think it through carefully. Not because it's wrong, but because as far as I am aware, it's wholly irreversible.
    Posted by Tikay10

I'd just like to reiterate tikay's points...

We take responsible gambling very seriously here at Sky and have a strict set of rules that we have to uphold to keep our responsible gambling license.

We have a set of tools in place to protect you, our customers and to revoke any customer set exclusions would be very irresponsible of us indeed.

I know Gareth well, he has been a fantastic member of the community since it's early days so this is very sad news to me. However, as explained we just have to go by the book on this one.
    Hopefully you all understand the situation we're in here and the standpoint we have to take.

Thanks everyone.
  • edited September 2010
    so sorry to see gareth go i allways thought he was one of our top players.
    and 5 years is a very long time but i totaly understand hes decision :(

gl for the future gareth and hope to see u back here with us in five years
  • edited September 2010
    How about making a new account just to use the forum tk? - surely that wud be okay as long as he doesn't play cards?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi Dohhhhh,

Again i'm really sorry to have to post this but we simply can't allow that either.

Responsible gambling is one of our founding company values and measures are taken to ensure this is upheld. To allow customer's who have self excluded to play again would be extremely irresponsible of us.

kind regards,

Rich
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I don't have either the remit, or know-how, to answer that question JJ, but thinking it through logically, I doubt it very much. Creating an Account means the Account-Holder can play any Sky-Bet Site, as there is no such thing as  "Forum/Community Only" Account. So I'd suggest "no" would be the formal answer, but really, he needs to discuss that with Customer-Care.

There is a very clear logic to the way Self-Exsclusion Rules are framed. This does NOT apply to Gareth, I'm sure, but addictive gamblers are very resourceful, & when they need their "fix", they go to extreme lengths to find a way round the Rules, & try to be very persuasive with the Suits. I have never known a single instance where a Self-Exclusion has been reversed by the Company.

I can only - & strongly - remind everyone.....

1) If you need to self-exclude, please do so. The System is there to protect you.

2) Think very carefully before self-excluding, because it's irreversible, afaik.

3) If you do believe in miracles, & think you have a tinsy winsy chance of overturning a S-E (& personally, I don't think anyone ever has, can, or will), then never ever EVER make the Self-Exclusion publically known. If these kind of things get in the domain, then there is no chance of sorting it.  

A quite seperate issue, (not a Self-Exclusion thing) involving another popular Member, arose over the weekend. That one is being handled optimally. He made some of us aware under the radar, and he insisted it not be made public, & as a result, very good progress is being made to restore his status quo. I personally wrote 7 or 8 e-Mails about it yesterday, & as many PM's, & had 4 or 5 long phone-calls about it.

I can almost guarantee his position will be improved or solved, & I & others are continuing to work to that end. But that's ONLY possible because it's not in the domain. Once Forum Threads pop up announcing his problem, as well-intended as they undoubtedly are, we are holed beneath the waterline.

Honestly, please think these things through. I'll try to use the contacts I have to help anyone, at any time, but I'm beaten all ends up if the stuff goes public. 
  • edited September 2010

Apologies to Sky-Rich, our Posts sort of crossed - though I'm glad to say, the message was identical.
  • edited September 2010

I HOPE TO BE SPEAKING WITH GARETH TONIGHT ON FACEBOOK  ,

AND I WILL PASS ON ALL YOUR GUYS/GALS BEST WISHES !