You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

**YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!**

Comments

• edited October 2010
    The Yellows
    ALDO327                      2pts
    ALEXYIDO                     1pt
    BOBBEL                       9pts
    DARNTOOTIN               1pt
    DOBIESDRAW              1pt
    GILBER1955                 1pt
    JON1977                      2pts
    LEEDS06                      4pts
    MERENOVICE              5pts
    NOELY7529                 7pts
    QUEENIE13                  2pts
    SENIOR03                    6pts
    TELLO-210                   4pts
                            TOTAL           45PTS
  • edited October 2010
    Oh Dear Sky, what are you gonna do now, I have just checked and you have QUEENIE13 in both yellow and Orange teams
    As I have pointed this error out and I am in the Yellow team I claim the points Queenie won for the Yellows  we therefore drew with the Oranges not lost.
    Regards Wiganese
  • edited October 2010
    HI YA I AGREE WITH CHEW07 (MICK) RE DISCONNECTIONS I LOST LOTS AND CHIPS AND TOURNEYS DUE TOO THIS AND WAS TOLD IT WAS MY END THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. ALSO I HAVE JUST STARTED PLAYING DEEPSTACK AND LOVE IT AND ENJOY SKY POKER FOR FUN AND THE ABUSE PEOPLE GET FROM OTHERS RE BAD BEATS WE ALL GET THEM AND IT IS A DISGRACE AND SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE BY SKY STAFF 
  • edited October 2010
    Was thinking about private tourneys that  you could only have your mates in sky could charge their usual 10%. I personally know about 15 people who would love to play against each other on a regular basis, but only 3 have an account with sky so they would have to open an account, thus giving sky the chance of more money, either that or rent the tables out . Dont know any other sites that do this, just a thought. 
  • edited October 2010
    Hi, i did post something along these lines in SPT thread but now this section seems to be looked at again, i'll post here (!).

When you have play satellites for the site's main tournaments would it be possible to win a token to use when you want to? My original example was with the £5.20 SPT qfinals, often I have not entered an afternoon qualifier because i can't be on the site later the same day for the semi, and similarly i am often on the site at the time of the semi-finals but can't afford to buy in direct and haven't been able to be online to play a £5.20 qualifier earlier that day.

It could be used for primo qualifiers, SkySports BH qualifier etc as well and would probably increase numbers.

A second suggestion/query:
    When you have money in your account a good idea would be to have the facility to section money off to different parts of Sky...Poker/Vegas/Bet or even Bingo!! I have an account on another site and you can transfer money to other sections of the site and is stays separate. On Sky it is too easy to have a 'quick go' on Sky Vegas and before you know it, your Poker bankroll has vanished. I know to a llarge degree its a matter of self control and there is the facility to self-exclude from certain areas but if you had to actually transfer money from Poker to Vegas and specify an amount and confirm this, it might stop some people from doing it?!!

A third suggestion:
    Echoing thoughts of other people, the possible introduction of 10 seater tournaments which aren't necessarily deepstacks. Even if it was on a trial to see the take up it would be nice to have the option.

• edited October 2010
    Hi Wiganese,

All the problems with the Sky Poker Premiership (scores and players in 2 teams) should all be sorted now. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused you.

fr4nkie- We do try our best to deal with any abuse that occurs on the poker tables, however if you see any abuse of your own we would be very grateful if you could forward the details onto customer care at help@skybet.com and we can look into it further.
    If you are still experiencing technical problems, please fill in the details on this section: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3a0b0e8696-8d64-4a56-8a74-73ba61953ec6Discussion%3a07c892df-88c5-49ab-9f11-d0269c0f3262

docden22- Unfortunately we cannot offer you private tournaments for you and your friends as we do not want customers to feel "left out" as it were and it would not be cost effective in the long run.

Brrrrrrr- We have recently launched a token system for free games here: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/free-poker-play
    However I understand this is not what you are after. It may be hard to facilitate your suggestion as it would require somebody to enter the players manually as and when they request a seat which would not be cost effective, however I will pass your suggestion forward.

Your balance is a balance for the whole of Sky Betting and Gaming. If you deposit £10 it is available to use on Sky Poker, Vegas, Bingo and Bet. There are a few promotions which mean you can only use it on one platform however.

Finally, we have limited our seats for finals and major tournaments to ensure that everyone can get the most out of Sky Poker. If this is due to change in the near future I will let you know.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Jordan
  • edited October 2010

Hi Jordan

How about running a £1 buy in pyramid sit & go. 5 levels with the winner getting a place to the next round.
    (or first and second get a place in next round)

Then play the last table on tv.

also

1. should'nt the sit out be sit out next hand, this would make it better then trying to catch it if your in a hand and don't want to play the next hand.

2. is it just me or do's anyone else have to click the i'm back about 18 times to stop the software mucking my cards.

3. if you press fold be mistake you can only check or fold. there should be a x in the right corner to close it so you can still bet.

• edited October 2010
    Hi,

Any chance of adding satallites to the main live events such as EPT/WSOP etc?
  • edited October 2010
    PUT MORE 5 POKER POINT GAMES ON FOR THOSE WHO CAN ONLY AFFORD A FIVER A WEEK TO PLAY.......I ALWAYS END UP WITH AROUND 5-8 POKER POINTS WHICH ARE USELESS AT THE MOMENT I BET IM NOT THE ONLY ONE EITHER
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Troggers,

Due to the nature of Sit N Go's we don't feel it necessary to bring in a tournament structure. You can always satellite your way into some of our main events for only a small price.

We don't offer the option to sit out next hand I am afraid to save confusion and people missing hands they may want to play etc.

You shouldn't have to click "I'm back" numerous times, you may want to download Mozilla Firefox and use that as your browser when playing Sky Poker.

Hi Venomgg,

We will be running satellites into the WSOP nearer the time as we did last year.

ade20-Unfortunately we cannot add more at the moment for business purposes, however you can earn poker points in the Sit N Go tournaments if you want to earn more.

Thanks,
    Jordan

• edited October 2010
    how about sng satalites?? im sure there would be a high demand for them
  • edited October 2010
    Hi bigflop1,

This has been suggested before but it is not something we are putting into place as yet.

I will forward your comment on however to add weight to the plea.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jordan
  • edited November 2010
    Jordan,

I would like to see tournament tokens rather than auto entry into a specific tournament

I.E you could play a 3 open satalites in a day and each one you place in would give you 1 entry into any open YOU decide to enter (for the same monetary value of course) there are often times when i may not be able to play that nights Open but i would still play a satalite if i was sitting around and bank the token for another night. Or to pass the time i may win entry into the open but would play another satalite if i could bank the entry for the following night.

I think the intorduction of this would be well supported (there was once a poll on here which showed overwhelming favour of it) and can't be that difficult to do as many sites have tournament tokens / money that is ring fenced to be spent only on site tourny's (therefore not taking money out of sky) but can be used at winners discretion.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for that ACEOVER8s,

I will pass your suggestion onto the management team to see if there is anything we can do.

I will be in touch if we can facilitate this.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited November 2010
    Apologies if this is a re-ask but I've had a little read back over the forums (never touched the forums until today!) and can't see any real answer to the question, though it's definitely been asked previously:

What are the chances of getting some form of memorabilia for Sky Poker? 

Whether this is a poker points being exchanged for prizes thing or something that more tournaments can offer as a prize for coming in certain positions, any reward system would be very nice. From previous posts I've seen people are open to all sorts of bits and pieces, from pens to poker chips to clothing as prizes, but "winning" something via placing in a tourney or exchanging points definitely appeals to many of us!

Thanks,

-S
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to **YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!**:
    Hi Everyone, I realise that this section of the website has become a bit stale in recent months (through no fault of your own!) so I am going to give it a full revamp! The section will soon have specific areas of discussion, from the types of tournaments you enjoy playing to what you like seeing on the website! Feel free to post some topic suggestions below and I will sift through them and get this section up and running properly! Sorry if this has taken a while but, rest assured, it is soon to change!! Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    hi there.

I dont' know if this possible but alot o the site's i play poker on accept Ucash vouchers which is great for me as most of my earnings are cash jobs so it's alot easier for me to get a ucash voucher from my local co-op. if sky offered this service then i would play fulltime on sky as i love the site and the forum but i find it hard o put cash in my bank as i work monday to saturday 8 till 6.

just a thought maybe.

kind regards

chris wilson

AKA Craftycarp
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Jordan i have posted on this subject a couple of times in different threads ,is it possible for Sky to slow down the cards on the flop,turn and river after an all in call . The cards come down so fast that it is hard to work out where you are in the hand .
     If this was done it would give all players on the table a chance to follow the hand rather than just looking for the WINNER marker to pop up .
                                          Kind Regards  Mick .
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Jordan any idea when these suggestions will be answered ????
  • edited November 2010
    id like to see some tables were people could play for there poker points so that the small bankrollers get a chance to move up the leaderboards if this can be done.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Halfworld and welcome to the forum.

That is a good suggestion. We used to offer prizes like this for people finishing in the top 20 or so in the league table at the end of the month. To be honest, it didn't prove too popular but I will pass on your comment. If you manage to play in the Sky Poker Tour live event we often give out t-shirts and other goodies there as well.

Hi Chew07, I have passed this type of query on before, however, there were so many calls for it to be spead up that it is not something we are doing at the moment. If anything changes, however, I will post it on here.

xDJSIGNx, we do have freerolls running every day which you buy-in with just your poker points. Details can be found here: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/five-freerolls

However, the league tables are for those cash games which are listed I am afraid.

Hope that helps. Keep your suggestions coming!

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Jordan thank you for getting back to me on this matter ,you say that Sky had so many calls to speed this up.I find it quite strange that players would want that ,in fact i have never seen a post on the forum asking for this .
           If there have been so many could you please direct me to where these posts are as i must have missed them all and i would be very intrested to read some of these many posts.
                                                    Kind Regards   Mick .
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: **YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!**:
    Hi Jordan thank you for getting back to me on this matter ,you say that Sky had so many calls to speed this up.I find it quite strange that players would want that ,in fact i have never seen a post on the forum asking for this .        If there have been so many could you please direct me to where these posts are as i must have missed them all and i would be very intrested to read some of these many posts.                                                 Kind Regards   Mick .
    Posted by chew07
    He doesn't say post's?

Not checked back to read your question but if i remember rightly it was slowing down the community card deal on all ins? don't know why you would want this as when multi tabling it would just get annoying
  • edited November 2010
     Thank you Aces for your input but as i do not multi table then it would not be annoying for me , i really cant see why adding on a few seconds to a hand would be so annoying but as this is a community forum everyone has there own thoughts on what they would like to see on Sky Poker .
               Which is why i find it strange that all these people have rung Sky Poker rather than posting on the forum , i thought this was the place to air our views on poker matters,still its only a suggestion after all.
                                               Kind Regards   Mick .
  • edited November 2010
    id like to say  my little piece
    ive been on this site for about 4 yrs   and i loveit     but just lately   you have started doing rebuys   i think this is rubbish   if your out   your out    ive just been in a tourny  and some bloke rebuyed  about 9 times    thats a joke    i get to the final table on buy in    and he got there with muti add ons    its just sooo wrong     its not like you do it on a few tournys    you do it on loads    big ones too    i think its a total joke   if you lose all your chips   you should be out     its only been the last few months    and i think you have got it totally wrong     does antone think this too??   i bet its all the poo  players  who like it     i never rebuy  on princeble     please get rid of them     but i guess not  as it makes sky more money     but im most upset by it     can you do it in the world finals     i think not    
    thanks for the chance to rant
    i wont holod my breath for a change      just get rid of it on the open  and verlos  and the main tournys     make it a rare treat   not always
    thanks
    poppy111
  • edited November 2010
    Hellooooo Sky_Jordan, What a thankless task you have here ;o)

I posted this on the spt 10/11 thread but then it got all squabbily and i think my post got overlooked...

I noticed at 09/10 DTD SPT final they had an undercamera final table..is there any was we could utilise this for the SPT final ths year?

It would make a fantastic stand-alone....

xx

• edited December 2010
    OK, since the questionairre you guys sent me you have acted on the demand for a downloadable client, this is the reason why I am back playing on this site.

some further improvements you could make to your software that would deffinitely help you guys increase traffic and make the client much more user freindly are:

- more note space *
    -colour coded notes***
    -fold to any raise button
    -auto-top up feature

• edited December 2010
    Sky Jordan - I see that Sky now has the ability to award tokens for tournaments (as per the bonus screen and the forum comments from members who have had them). Are these Tokens to be restricted to Bonus offers given by Sky or will (as per my previous suggestion you kindly forwarded) these now be awarded for satalites won to allow us to buy into the tournament of our choice?

Regards

Chris
  • edited December 2010
    Just want to add my support to last post, i've made a suggestion before about tokens and was told it wasn't possible but it would be good if that has now changed.
  • edited December 2010
    While i'm thinking about it i just want to bring up the issue of poker points and what we can or more to the point can't do with them.

At the moment it seems that you can use them for some tournaments which need 20 points to enter but what about maybe having a bigger value freezeout tournament where it cost say 250 - 500 or even 1000 points to enter?

They would be a useful way of using up points and prizes could be cash or even tokens to some of the site's main tournaments if that is now possible?!

Would be interested to see what people think of this..
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Jordan
          What has happened to this thread ????as it is called "Your suggestions will be answered" i think it would be nice if someone answered .
          I know that you are around on the site because you keep popping up on other threads but the last time you posted on your own thread was 20/11/2010.
          This thread was and is a good idea but it can only work if the suggestions are answered.
                                          Regards  Mick .