You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

**YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!**

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hi Mick,

Apologies, as the main team have been a little busy with the new download and game changes I have been advising them when posts needed looking at and unfortunately this thread seems to have slipped through the net.  I have just PM'd Jordan to advise him of the latest posts on here.

Sky Mod4
  • edited December 2010
    Ok thank you Sky Mod 4
  • edited December 2010
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay in replying here. As I am sure you can understand, it has been a pretty hectic week with the download going live.

Ok, here goes...

Trip5- Thanks again for the post. Unfortunately, a lot of our players are multi-tablers and they want things spead up and people who play single tournaments want them to be slowed down, therefore we have met you in the middle with the speed it is now.

Poppy1- I am sorry you feel this way about our rebuy tournaments, however there are still plenty of tournaments that don't offer these, including the majority of our 8pm tournaments, you should be able to keep occupied. Rebuys and add-ons require a different type of skill and therefore we like to give this as an opportunity to our players.

Trip5-This is a very good suggestion. I can only think of cost as a reason it would not be done. I have forwarded it to our marketing department so once I have a response I will let you know.

Adam5lad-I have forwarded your comment to the team who created the download so we should get a response next week regarding these new suggestions. Thanks.

Acesover8s-These tokens are still not available for satellites, however I have asked the marketing department the reason for this so I will let you know what they say.

Brrrrrr-I see your point with this, however it was decided a while ago that this was pointless as if you have that many points spare, it was better for all to take advantage of the Cash for Points promotion we run at the end of every month.

Again, apologies for the delay, hope that answers your questions.

Regards,
    Jordan
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: **YOUR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!**:
    While i'm thinking about it i just want to bring up the issue of poker points and what we can or more to the point can't do with them. At the moment it seems that you can use them for some tournaments which need 20 points to enter but what about maybe having a bigger value freezeout tournament where it cost say 250 - 500 or even 1000 points to enter? They would be a useful way of using up points and prizes could be cash or even tokens to some of the site's main tournaments if that is now possible?! Would be interested to see what people think of this..
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    I think the answer provided to this in the last post is a total cop out!

Other sites give cash for points and have a variety of games you can buy into with points - sky off 10 and 20 point buy ins - It surely wouldnt be too difficult to run 500 / 1000 buyin games once a week with a larger prize funds.  I read elsewhere that there is a fund for freerolls (in one of Tikays posts) perhaps the distribution of the fund should be looked at?  After all the freerolls could be a brilliant marketing tool.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi everyone, Apologies for the delay in replying here. As I am sure you can understand, it has been a pretty hectic week with the download going live. Ok, here goes... Trip5- Thanks again for the post. Unfortunately, a lot of our players are multi-tablers and they want things spead up and people who play single tournaments want them to be slowed down, therefore we have met you in the middle with the speed it is now. Poppy1- I am sorry you feel this way about our rebuy tournaments, however there are still plenty of tournaments that don't offer these, including the majority of our 8pm tournaments, you should be able to keep occupied. Rebuys and add-ons require a different type of skill and therefore we like to give this as an opportunity to our players. Trip5-This is a very good suggestion. I can only think of cost as a reason it would not be done. I have forwarded it to our marketing department so once I have a response I will let you know. Adam5lad-I have forwarded your comment to the team who created the download so we should get a response next week regarding these new suggestions. Thanks. Acesover8s-These tokens are still not available for satellites, however I have asked the marketing department the reason for this so I will let you know what they say. Brrrrrr-I see your point with this, however it was decided a while ago that this was pointless as if you have that many points spare, it was better for all to take advantage of the Cash for Points promotion we run at the end of every month. Again, apologies for the delay, hope that answers your questions. Regards, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Please see the post immediately below yours regarding brrrrs suggestion
  • edited December 2010
    Hi everyone, Apologies for the delay in replying here. As I am sure you can understand, it has been a pretty hectic week with the download going live. Ok, here goes... Trip5- Thanks again for the post. Unfortunately, a lot of our players are multi-tablers and they want things spead up and people who play single tournaments want them to be slowed down, therefore we have met you in the middle with the speed it is now. Poppy1- I am sorry you feel this way about our rebuy tournaments, however there are still plenty of tournaments that don't offer these, including the majority of our 8pm tournaments, you should be able to keep occupied. Rebuys and add-ons require a different type of skill and therefore we like to give this as an opportunity to our players. Trip5-This is a very good suggestion. I can only think of cost as a reason it would not be done. I have forwarded it to our marketing department so once I have a response I will let you know. Adam5lad-I have forwarded your comment to the team who created the download so we should get a response next week regarding these new suggestions. Thanks. Acesover8s-These tokens are still not available for satellites, however I have asked the marketing department the reason for this so I will let you know what they say. Brrrrrr-I see your point with this, however it was decided a while ago that this was pointless as if you have that many points spare, it was better for all to take advantage of the Cash for Points promotion we run at the end of every month. Again, apologies for the delay, hope that answers your questions. Regards, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan

Sky_Jordan,
    I think you are missing the point if you pardon the pun. I have been playing on the site for over two years and have only once managed to reach the lowest 500 point threshhold. I play £2/3/5 mtt and sngs and play most days of the week and usually get nowhere near the requirements to benefit from the points promotion. I have a poker points bslance of 5000+ but there is nothing i can do with them at all. Unless of course i want to pay 20 points to enter a REBUY freeroll tournament and play for hours against 1000+ players to win £1.50 or so?!!

If you can't have a higher value freeroll using more points like the 500 - 1000 i suggested why not have a way you can exchange your points for an entry into a tournament of your choice ie.

300 points = £2.20 tournament
    750 points = £5.50 tournament
    1500 pts = £11 tournament
    3000 pts = £22 tournament
    5000 pts = £33 tournament....

And (tounge firmly in cheek) when you adopt this fantastic idea, a free entry into a £33 + tournament of my choice would be very welcome, thank you very much!!

• edited December 2010

Hi guys, I believe Jordan is out of the office for a day or two but have left him a message concerning your posts.

• edited December 2010
    i want a free entry in to a big tourney sky jordan give me a ticket NOW lol as im a poor pesant who can hardly eat let alone play poker! no only kidding joined the other week and sky has to be the best poker site ive been on head hunters ive missed and the gteed tournies are better plus all british players or near enuff please please never merdge with another site as they have all been spoilt !!! hope to lose lots of my hard earned cash here  go go go from outr
    Posted by outr
    dont you worry mate this site will easily take your money with out blinking lol
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Brrrrrr,

The poker points do not have any monetry value unfortunately and unless you hit the 500 mark in a month, they will remain on your account. You can use them in the 5 daily freerolls we run but also, at the end of the year, we will be running our vegas points fest promotion where you can buy in with a large amount of points to win cash rewards.

Hope that helps,
    Jordan
  • edited December 2010
    you should make it known that if you win a seat into a tournament play it because if you unregester you get nothing because i won a £12 game which won me into a £50 game but i left the computer and the bairn unregestered me so i got £12 back bit unfair i think
  • edited December 2010
    not to mention all the times you lose connection during important times of play
  • edited December 2010
    you should make it known that if you win a seat into a tournament play it because if you unregester you get nothing because i won a £12 game which won me into a £50 game but i left the computer and the bairn unregestered me so i got £12 back bit unfair i think
    Posted by greg1979
    Try speaking to customer services. they might be able to sort something out for you and get you registered for next weeks game.
  • edited December 2010
    not to mention all the times you lose connection during important times of play
    Posted by greg1979
    Let customer care know if this is happening to you on a regular basis as they can then pass the details on to the tech team.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Greg1979, I'm afreaid that I have had to delete one of your posts as it is in breach of the forum rules.

SkyMod4
  • edited January 2011
    poker points transfer between players would be nice. i am sure some of the more top players on this site dont even bother using there poker points for anything. maybe this has been brought up before if it has i apoligize.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi

Played a £2 omaha hi lo pl hu the other day and it took an hour to play as the blind levels we 10 minutes long.

This was a long time to play to win £1.90 and i wondered if it would be better to make the blind levels 5 minutes instead.

Cheers

achill
  • edited January 2011
    Hi all, only just joined the site, via Tikay at his other port.

One suggestion. Please auto end the Double your money games once the last 3 are reached. No point playing on as everyone getting equal payout.
    This will enable to people to play more games, and rake more   ktksbye
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Ironclad,

Unfortunately, we would not offer the chance to transfer funds between players as this would almost defeat the point of earning poker points altogether. There are freerolls available which only cost points to enter and you can earn poker points in most of our tournaments.

Hi Achill, I have passed your suggestion forward as it seems like a viable query, although I can't speak for the team as there may be issues with cost etc. Once I have a reply though, I will post it on this thread.

Hi Hagisboy and welcome to the forum. The suggestion you make has been raised before and we made changes on the top of that. Unfortunately, it is not how you describe but this thread may help.

Thanks as always,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011

Would it be possible to try and promote fixed limit poker as to not loose as much money or omaha hi lo

• edited February 2011
    Hi stueee000,

We tend to promote the big tournaments as a point of reference, however I will bear this in mind when we put an image on the home screen after 8pm.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    is it possible to do a iphone app so we can use sky poker when we are out and about and away from our pc's, be great to play online from asda when the wife has dragged you out shopping
    Liam
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Liam,

I like the idea behind your suggestion, that would be handy!

Unfortunately, this is a very big job at a big cost so it is not something that will be coming soon. Don't rule it out though, it may be here but I would be surprised if you see it in the next few months.

Sorry about that. You can always feign an illness to get out of the shopping!!

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    Can you run a comp for the world series of poker europe, like the viva las vegas comp, i think it would be great to have a team of us sky player in our home event, thanks Liam
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Liam,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are looking at promotions for a lot of live tournaments coming up.

Unfortunately, we will not be running anything for this particular tournament this year but may be in the future it is something we will look into.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited April 2011
    Please could you tell me what happened to Tikays generous and brilliant offer of helping out NEWBIES TO LIVE POKER (or nearly new).
    I remember that there was alot of interest and i for one would still love to get some good advice on Live Poker from someone who has as much experience as Tikay.
    Any help would be most welcome.

Many Thanks Steve..(STEVEMAX).
  • edited April 2011

Hi Jordan,

You may be aware that I am an avid player of Tournamnts and have recently had a Thread going regarding the average standard or play.

In my humble opinion, increasing the blind rate from 5 minutes (obviously excluding fast promoted torneys) is an excellent improvement however by increasing from 5 mins to 10 mins you have effectively doubled the length of the tournament.

I playd a 30 seater today and final tabled at 3 hours. It then took a further 1hour 20 mins to win, purely down to blind rate and the amount of chips people had in front of them.

May I suggest that most people don't wish to play 4.5 hours in a torney therfore a Blind rate increase to 7.5mins may be more appropriate.

I don't need a reply as I am sure you guys are monitoring it and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards

Harvey
  • edited April 2011
    Hi

Any chance of a decent hand hisory converter, so we dont have to post players names, and also our reads on them? You have to post reads to get decent replies and also its not fair to badmouth players on a public forum, or to tell the better players how you perceive them
  • edited May 2011
    where is my reply
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Sky Jordan,

What I would love to see on site is a timebank option. Sometimes the time allocated
    is just not enough for making key decisions in big hands. Personally I think this
    simple option would add a lot.

Cheers

Glimby
  • edited May 2011
    Somethings that might be easy to add to the site.
    I'd like coloured notes at the moment I have to open my note to remind what the player was about, good or bad. If it was a different colour I may not need to open all the notes.

Also a running total of all your poker winnings or losings.
    In my case it may read "today you have lost £20"
    I copy all the data in to a spreadsheet and I can work it out quickly but I thought it would be easy for one of the sky database folks to add it to the account page, then I might just learn some bankroll managment,

One last thing on my wishlist
    the ability to minimise the lobby sections so you could have 4 tables open and the lobby from a tourny your in down one side.

Hope these are of some use