You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

telling cards b4 the hand is over

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over:
    this is bizarre this thread is,how can someone crying their hand lead to solicitors being involved pmsl
    Posted by stokefc
    WOT R U ON ABOUT I AINT CRYING YOUR NOT ALOUD TO TELL YOUR CARDS SIMPLES I KNOW
  • edited September 2010
    aaaaaahahahahahahahahaha
  • edited September 2010
    Why is this in the clinic and not general chat, how does this thread help improve players poker however strong some parties feel about the subject?
  • edited September 2010
    erm, it is in general chat?
  • edited September 2010
    it is in general poker chat............................
  • edited September 2010
    Why is this in the clinic and not general chat, how does this thread help improve players poker however strong some parties feel about the subject?
    Posted by waynecure
    you been on dohhhhhhs strongbow???
  • edited September 2010
    i do think you need to chill a bit lucky!!

the guy told you you were dominating him so we all would of called!!!

what happened after is irelevent surely??
  • edited September 2010
    i do think you need to chill a bit lucky!! the guy told you you were dominating him so we all would of called!!! what happened after is irelevent surely??
    Posted by donkeyplop
    YES AFTER BUT MY POINT IS NOT ABOUT AFTER 
  • edited September 2010

Don't worry about it Lucy......It's gone now.

Theres always another tournament.

Btw, if he hadn't said anything, would you have still got your chips in with the AQ? Just curious as weather his chat influenced ur decision?
  • edited September 2010

No wonder solicitors make so much money!

People use them for such trivial matters, when with a little thought about the right course of action, matters can be resolved quite simply.

I work for a complaint's department and the customers who go direct to solicitors rather than speaking with us end up wasting more time and costing themselves more money! Whereas a simple phone call to my department could have resolved it in a few minutes!

FWIW, l always thought it was improper to announce your exact hand during play.

• edited September 2010

on  cash table yestaday and a guy did it  u just dont do it bad table manners players could be chasing cards u told them u had  then know less chance winning the pot so then fold

• edited September 2010
    i agree lucky he shouldnt of said it.

but i think you may be over reacting getting solliciters involved!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Don't worry about it Lucy......It's gone now. Theres always another tournament. Btw, if he hadn't said anything, would you have still got your chips in with the AQ? Just curious as weather his chat influenced ur decision?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ok dohhh ill answer your question yes i would of still called so feel free to push me wen u got aj i got aq feel free
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : ok dohhh ill answer your question yes i would of still called so feel free to push me wen u got aj i got aq feel free
    Posted by lucky77777
    this is now 3 posts and counting since you said you weren't gonna post anymore.....
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : ok dohhh ill answer your question yes i would of still called so feel free to push me wen u got aj i got aq feel free
    Posted by lucky77777
    Therefore, the chat did not influence the outcome. You would have lost the pot regardless.

Your solicitor will be struggling to win your case methinks...

What exactly do you expect your solicitor to do anyway Lucky? Now its me who is curious.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : Therefore, the chat did not influence the outcome. You would have lost the pot regardless. Your solicitor will be struggling to win your case methinks... What exactly do you expect your solicitor to do anyway Lucky? Now its me who is curious.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    well i have emailed sky so ill see what they got to say then ill decide from there answer
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : well i have emailed sky so ill see what they got to say then ill decide from there answer
    Posted by lucky77777
  • edited September 2010

• edited September 2010
    lucky 7777,why not go the whole hog ,and write a letter of disgust too David Cameron at number 10  ,,or better still too the general of the British army ,if u put your case forward ,im sure he would lend you some  troops to clear up this  matter ...or better  still write too Washington ,maybe obahma will lend u a couple of b52s,and some cluster bombs
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by lucky77777
    haha quality ;o)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : I WIL NEVER SPEAK WITH CS ILL SPEAK TO MY SOLICITOR
    Posted by lucky77777
    I'm considering changing my vote for contribution of the year award after this post. :)
  • edited September 2010
    its speech play--
    no matter what way you look at it--

its speech play -the offending player should be warned at the very least -if not maybe even chat banned --
    this hand is irrelevant to what is right and wrong-- speech play is cheating in any situation--

its hardly the way to encourage players to this site if this becomes the 'norm' in the chat box--

however 77lucky77 hardly a case for solicitors to be involved--
    it may end with not only with you getting forum banned --
    but also having your account closed--

everyone should know its wrong but because all the 'faces' are ridiculing you and the talk of solicitors they wont admit your right--

good luck--
  • edited September 2010
    its speech play-- no matter what way you look at it-- its speech play -the offending player should be warned at the very least -if not maybe even chat banned -- this hand is irrelevant to what is right and wrong-- speech play is cheating in any situation-- its hardly the way to encourage players to this site if this becomes the 'norm' in the chat box-- however 77lucky77 hardly a case for solicitors to be involved-- it may end with not only with you getting forum banned -- but also having your account closed-- everyone should know its wrong but because all the 'faces' are ridiculing you and the talk of solicitors they wont admit your right-- good luck--
    Posted by batman4
    speech play certainly is'nt cheating...the top players use it as a powerfull tool to wind up/get info off their opponents,

i think the majority of posts actually agree that it is not right to announce what hand you have its just that lucky decided to take advantage of this info then went nuclear when he lost....
  • edited September 2010
    omg i dont care about losing the hand. its the point of telling his hand when players to act ok

and i play alot of live games never once have i come across one person who told his cards in play
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    omg i dont care about losing the hand. its the point of telling his hand when players to act ok and i play alot of live games never once have i come across one person who told his cards in play
    Posted by lucky77777
    So you would have been making the same fuss had you won the hand?

And its very simple, if you've got a problem talk to customer care, all this talk of solicitors over a 2 quid tourny is pretty pathetic tbh and just makes you look stupid.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : speech play certainly is'nt cheating...the top players use it as a powerfull tool to wind up/get info off their opponents,  Posted by DAVEYZZ
    ok--so  as far as you and  skypoker are concerned --

i can declare my cards any time i bet --  fair enough--

as long as we are all playing on an even playing field  i know now--
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: telling cards b4 the hand is over : So you would have been making the same fuss had you won the hand? And its very simple, if you've got a problem talk to customer care, all this talk of solicitors over a 2 quid tourny is pretty pathetic tbh and just makes you look stupid.
    Posted by yb
    omg did u read my last post just above yours i dont care about losing the hand do u understand
  • edited September 2010

SENT U A PM LUCKY CHECK YOUR INBOX BUD !
  • edited September 2010
    its speech play-- no matter what way you look at it-- its speech play -the offending player should be warned at the very least -if not maybe even chat banned -- this hand is irrelevant to what is right and wrong-- speech play is cheating in any situation-- its hardly the way to encourage players to this site if this becomes the 'norm' in the chat box-- however 77lucky77 hardly a case for solicitors to be involved-- it may end with not only with you getting forum banned -- but also having your account closed-- everyone should know its wrong but because all the 'faces' are ridiculing you and the talk of solicitors they wont admit your right-- good luck--
    Posted by batman4
    I trust you are not including me in that, Batman?

I've tried to be constructive & helpful throughout, & advised the OP of their correct course of action, & not once have I ridiculed the OP.