You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CARROTS and SUCKERS!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS!:
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : SOZ M8Y , THE SKY RIVER DOOM SWITCH HAS BEEN PRESSED & THERE IS NO GOING BACK FOR YOU KNOW !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I'm fairly sure it was pressed a long, long time ago Dennis.

:-)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : I agree with this one fully
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    Yip.

Or it could be random. Which would result in the same.

But, no. Although Sky only make money out of the rake I'm fairly sure they design all sorts of fancy algorithims that favour the slight possibility of shorter games.

The government's after you too guys. Shhh. I know things.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Yip. Or it could be random. Which would result in the same. But, no. Although Sky only make money out of the rake I'm fairly sure they design all sorts of fancy algorithims that favour the slight possibility of shorter games. The government's after you too guys. Shhh. I know things.
    Posted by bandini
    Do you not think it may have to do with somthing that there on TV! 8pm till 12am just happenes all the big tounrys finish around the 12 mark, do a little test yeah 3 sunday see what time primo finishes and right it down. bet its 12:00 or around that number
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Do you not think it may have to do with somthing that there on TV! 8pm till 12am just happenes all the big tounrys finish around the 12 mark, do a little test yeah 3 sunday see what time primo finishes and right it down. bet its 12:00 or around that number
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    It'll be roughly 12 most times I'd imagine. I've seen it finish before. I've seen it finish later. I'll guess they worked out the average for the program. I wouldn't want to pay Orford overtime either.

You're winding me up, aren't you?
  • edited September 2010

i think your missing something here.. Root.

A little thing called blind structure.

• edited September 2010
    FR4NK .. cann you limmit yorsef too just fiffty spilling misteaks perr post plees ?

TH4NKS
  • edited September 2010
    Also I made heads up on one of the thursday night bounty hunters a while back.

The tournament finished at around 11:30, the program finished at 12.

I'm sure this is regularly the case, but thats the whole point of having the producers and other fancy people, to stagger the hands to produce a show that goes right down to the wire.

So dont buy into the 'all the tournaments finish at 12 for TV'.

Its simply the Sky production team doing a great job.
  • edited September 2010
    i think your missing something here.. Root. A little thing called common sense.
    Posted by SNOWY37
    I agree.
  • edited September 2010
    Also I made heads up on one of the thursday night bounty hunters a while back. The tournament finished at around 11:30, the program finished at 12. I'm sure this is regularly the case, but thats the whole point of having the producers and other fancy people, to stagger the hands to produce a show that goes right down to the wire. So dont buy into the 'all the tournaments finish at 12 for TV'. Its simply the Sky production team doing a great job.
    Posted by SNOWY37
    This.

I cashed in a BH and still had the lobby open. Was a crazy one and it finished just shy of 11. But they span it out to 12. The swine. The cheats.
  • edited September 2010
    FR4NK .. cann you limmit yorsef too just fiffty spilling misteaks perr post plees ? TH4NKS
    Posted by inka2003
    pmsl
  • edited September 2010
    FR4NK .. cann you limmit yorsef too just fiffty spilling misteaks perr post plees ? TH4NKS
    Posted by inka2003
    If the wit that is fr4nk doesn't come back with something better I'll be flabbergasted.

Fr4nk FTW.
  • edited September 2010
    I want to know what it feels like to be a deluded paranoid crazy mad man like fr4nk. Do people like you really believe this cerrrrap or do you just do it to get a lol reaction.
  • edited September 2010
    well thats me convinced--fr4nk is

nikola tesla ---  reincarnated
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by inka2003
    Some time ago my wife wanted me tested and the results were that i suffered MILD DYSLEXIA.....this is age apparenty...it may well happen to you ....you made me laugh...i always take the things that are said to me in the spirit that they are meant!....Added to that...i get on my high horse sometimes and try to type as fast as i can and in a dimly lit study....as i dont like bright electric lighting...i often miss hit keys!

DID IT ACURR 2 EWE THAT I MAY BE DOCKLISTUCK...oops DECKLUSTIC..oops LOCKDISTISH...oops JESUS CHRIST ....  DYS F****** LEXIC! ..

I never embarrass someones spelling as i know this can be hurtfull but as long as i understand what the person really means ....thats the important thing!

YOU UNFEELING BAR STEWARD!

I KANT HILP TIE TIN HERROWS!......lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to CARROTS and SUCKERS!:
    I expect you have all been there! Ya in a turney...or sit and go....ya short stacked....And this is what happens! You are dilivered ....9-9 or 10-10 or J-J or Q-Q... Ya in a situation....where you dont really have a choice...but to go all in! Only to find another player...has been dilivered K-K or A-A or A-K suited! Flop comes always with the over card that favours the other hand even if its not as powerfull as your hand! Why is this...????? Ill tell you why i think think this happens...well pretty much know why it happens! These are poket cards are what i call the "CARROT or SUCKER" cards! " DANGLING THE CARROTS YOU SUCKER" They are deliberatly deat to encourage you to bet...and its prob your big blind anyway!....This is that the softwhare wants to eliminate players asap...and this is and opportunity to do just that!...Mean while the softwhare is giggling away to its self knowing ya going to be stiched up!...Now sometimes the softwhare just hasnt got the cards to do that so waht happens is..."SPLIT POT"...And now its just given you a stay of execution!...Its happened to me several times! And while we are on about cards ...Can any of you answer this question! WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 1ST CLASS PROFFESIONAL LIVE DEALER....AND AN ELECTRONIC DEALER... I already know the answer to this question....and if you can get it right ....You sort of blow the lid off online poker! I would be intrested in what you have to say ...and you answers!... Frank!
    Posted by FR4NK
    OH i dint even mention "JUICED" CARDS...
    Ill explain!
    In the world of online poker there is a thing called "JUICING UP THE CARDS" This is to ENCOURAGE BETTING!
    How ...lets say i get JJ ....and the flop comes down   3 Q J ....turn junk river junk...i have JJJ ...only to go all in...and some mellon turns over pocket QUEENS!
    how can i possibly put him on QQQ

So the SOFTWHARE is clever enough to do this ...."DEAL WELL AND TRULLY JUICED CARDS"
  • edited September 2010
    See ya in AREA51 in about 5 mins time ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    Why not put in planning permission ...and build a bloody home there!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : If the wit that is fr4nk doesn't come back with something better I'll be flabbergasted. Fr4nk FTW.
    Posted by bandini
    In truth im actually quite a mild pleasant bloke...id do however punch folk when they really get to me ...which is a mistake really as i then usually end up eating hospital food!...hahaha
  • edited September 2010
    I want to know what it feels like to be a deluded paranoid crazy mad man like fr4nk. Do people like you really believe this cerrrrap or do you just do it to get a lol reaction.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    If you think im deluded ...then i think you are a little thick....did both you brain cells have a fight .....and one winner left you with one! and that one is suffering from concusion!

I suggest you go back to the car boot sale where you bought the first 2 ....
    I would have wanted my 20p back as you were cleally RIPPED OFF!

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Why not put in planning permission ...and build a bloody home there!
    Posted by FR4NK
    Luv it,i think i may well build a home there for the deluded conspiracy theorists.Would it be possible for you to perform the cuttin of the ribbon to open the said home.In your hounour i will then name it 'ffranccs homme fforr fore the konspiracy feowrists' lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Luv it,i think i may well build a home there for the deluded conspiracy theorists.Would it be possible for you to perform the cuttin of the ribbon to open the said home.In your hounour i will then name it 'ffranccs homme fforr fore the konspiracy feowrists' lol
    Posted by dav1964
    Hmmm There are worst places to live, the differance between you and i....i designed and built my own home here!
    Can you design and build your own home....im quids in then as you have to pay for labour!

Anyway ...lol to you chap! As im slightly blind ...what colour is area 51
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Hmmm There are worst places to live, the differance between you and i....i designed and built my own home here! Can you design and build your own home....im quids in then as you have to pay for labour! Anyway ...lol to you chap! As im slightly blind ...what colour is area 51
    Posted by FR4NK
    Haha wish i knew but im in fact 'colour blind'
  • edited September 2010
    So you can design and build a home but you can't understand the concept of a RANDOM number generator.

Online poker is not rigged in any way in anyone's favour. It's a game of cards, no more, no less. Until you understand this, i would rather pay the labour charges for a proper builder.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Do you not think it may have to do with somthing that there on TV! 8pm till 12am just happenes all the big tounrys finish around the 12 mark, do a little test yeah 3 sunday see what time primo finishes and right it down. bet its 12:00 or around that number
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    GOOD POINT ...but i have already done this study!....Ya right....and i will time it again...but now sky may alter things to make it last 3 hours or 6 hours...we wont know i guess!
    MOST ONLINE TOURNEYS ARE AROUND THE 4 HOUR MARK....wich make a mockery of random number!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : If you think im deluded ...then i think you are a little thick....did both you brain cells have a fight .....and one winner left you with one! and that one is suffering from concusion! I suggest you go back to the car boot sale where you bought the first 2 .... I would have wanted my 20p back as you were cleally RIPPED OFF!
    Posted by FR4NK
    Brilliant insults there... you definitely make it into sky poker's top 10 morons hall of fame :)
  • edited September 2010
    i always wondered what happened when one " spoke to Frank ".......................

now i know.

lol
  • edited September 2010
    So you can design and build a home but you can't understand the concept of a RANDOM number generator. Online poker is not rigged in any way in anyone's favour. It's a game of cards, no more, no less. Until you understand this, i would rather pay the labour charges for a proper builder.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Oi, u muppet i said the whole of online poker SOFTWARE IS FLAWED .....NOT RIGGED..Please try and understand ..AND as for electronic random number generators ...

DO YOUR RESEACH ..... YOU WILL FIND ITS IMPOSSIBLE....no matter what they or you say ....A COMPUTOR JUST CANNOT PERFORM THIS TASK!

What it can do is ...do what it thinks is RNG ...god ya a dope ....happy reloading pal!
  • edited September 2010
    i always wondered what happened when one " spoke to Frank "....................... now i know. lol
    Posted by mrBEN485
    I dint realise you spelt MRBEAN485 like that mate!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: CARROTS and SUCKERS! : Brilliant insults there... you definitely make it into sky poker's top 10 morons hall of fame :)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Well welcome me into this exclusive club then ..ill soon be up there in the top 5 with you!
  • edited September 2010
    i always wondered what happened when one " spoke to Frank "....................... now i know. lol
    Posted by mrBEN485
    YOU EVEN LOOK A BIT SIMPLE!
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Hmmmm....i have to say chum...that i used to go fly fishing....my flys are better looking than you !