You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just a cooler???

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
did i give vil good odds to chase straight or was i just coolered by a fish here???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx
Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £15.93
jackl Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £9.29
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

donkeyplop Raise   £0.40 £0.52 £7.44
SALSACITY Call   £0.40 £0.92 £4.98
xxx
Call   £0.36 £1.28 £15.57
jackl Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • A

xxx
Bet   £0.08 £1.36 £15.49
donkeyplop Raise   £0.80 £2.16 £6.64
SALSACITY Fold        
xxx
Call   £0.72 £2.88 £14.77
Turn

• K

xxx
Bet   £0.08 £2.96 £14.69
donkeyplop Raise   £2.36 £5.32 £4.28
xxx
Call   £2.28 £7.60 £12.41
River

xxx
Check        
donkeyplop Check        
xxx
Show
  • J

donkeyplop Show
  • Q
  • Q

xxx
Win Straight to the Ace £7.03   £19.44

Comments

• edited September 2010

Yeh, if the guy wasn't so bad it wud have cost u 4 more beans !!!!

Nice check behind on the river.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Shove river imo!
  • edited September 2010
    no way shove river!!!

do you like the min donk bets on flop and turn???? loool

i checked river as had feeling they had hit better!!!
  • edited September 2010
    vul, dont think you gave him the odds but tbf no-one plays odds at that level, just chase your draws and he got lucky. very Gut check on the river donkey :o)
  • edited September 2010
    readless id jam river all day
  • edited September 2010
    Played it well just unlucky, You have got nearly 90 blinds in the pot, id be happy to take that and not risk them rivering the flush.

Nothing more you could of done imo, played it uber aggro which u need to do at this level, just didnt come off this time. (Nice river check BTW)
  • edited September 2010
      In reply to the odds question.
      Your raise on the flop gave him exactly 3 to 1 to make the call. An oesd on the flop is about 2 to 1 to hit by the river so you gave him better than great odds to make the call. It is very difficult to take away the odds for these big draws and even a shove at this point is liable to be called with you not being as big a favourite as you would like despite your monster hand.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: just a cooler???:
      In reply to the odds question.   Your raise on the flop gave him exactly 3 to 1 to make the call. An oesd on the flop is about 2 to 1 to hit by the river so you gave him better than great odds to make the call. It is very difficult to take away the odds for these big draws and even a shove at this point is liable to be called with you not being as big a favourite as you would like despite your monster hand.
    Posted by Talon
    you're looking at odds completely wrong, as there is betting left the villain has no idea he will be calling this raise and then seeing both the turn and the river. he can only really consider his 8 outs on the turn, so he needs to be getting approx 6/1 to hit. ofc u can then consider implied odds.

i appreciate i have explained this horribly, but i've only just got up!!

also fwiw i'm jamming river
  • edited September 2010
    so would you jam the river to rep the flush????

i see what you are saying but at this level i dont think they were ever folding here!!!!

to be honest i thought they had hit there flush on the river!

seing they called me down until the river!!!!

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Why do we need to rep the flush?? We have a set.

Jam and get called by an ace/2 pair etc.

Btw this is why you shouldn't include results in your post.
  • edited September 2010
    well i had a feeling my hand was no good so i checked river.

yes i had a set on a straightening and flushing board and imo i saved myself by not betting.

yes im a nit lol.

• edited September 2010

The hand he shows at the end, will allow you to work out whether your check behind on the river was right, or wrong.

If he showed ace queen, then you definitely missed a bet.

If he shows the straight, flush, or higher set, then your check behind on the river was correct.

......Which it was, well played. 

• edited September 2010
    You played the hand well, but the villain should of got all your money on the turn when you were pot committed !!

Thank your lucky stars lol !!
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    The hand he shows at the end, will allow you to work out whether your check behind on the river was right, or wrong. If he showed ace queen, then you definitely missed a bet. If he shows the straight, flush, or higher set, then your check behind on the river was correct. ......Which it was, well played. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    looool

WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST A RANGE OF HANDS!!!! If we have a winning hand 80% of the time and he has the winning hand 20%, we are printing money by shoving every time (assuming he calls a decent amount of the time when he's behind which he will because an 8NL player who min donk bets twice is never folding an ace here).

Honestly the way you think is going to lose you so much value in the long run.
  • edited September 2010

Nah ur playing against 2 cards - 1 hand, I will bet you your whole bankroll that I am right in saying that. it's a fact.

• edited September 2010
    i see what you are saying but it did look like they had hit there flush here imo.

and i just love your comebacks dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Nah ur playing against 2 cards - 1 hand, I will bet you your whole bankroll that I am right in saying that. it's a fact.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In terms of doing whats best to get us most money we are playing against a range of hands that the villain might hold, thats a fact.

But if you want to p 1ss about trying to pick what exact hand your opponent has this time and acting accordingly then good luck with that.

Seriously do you actually not put people on ranges? Wow.
  • edited September 2010
    yb man you seee why you shouldn't have laughed at me when I had these shenanigans going on.

he's yours to tutor 

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    loool

half the time I still think he's on a massive wind up though! I mean how can you crush 30NL for 5 years and still not learnt something so basic :S
  • edited September 2010

Ur wrong. 

If you could see his cards, and he has 2 black aces, wud you still say "well, even though I can see you have 2 black aces, from the way you played the hand, you could possibly have 7-2 off suit a good percentage of the time.....So I'll shove on you this time, and if those aces you are showing me really are 2 black aces, and not an illusion, then you will get my stack this time, but long term I will beat you"

Warra loada rubbish.

It's possible for you to make 100% perfect decisions, so why don't you aim to do so?
  • edited September 2010
    5 years of 3 tabling sir.

3 hours a day ~ 400 hands a day. 

4 days a week 1600 a week

3 weeks out of 4 4800

9 months out of 12 43200 hands

5 years= 216'000

I've played 25k hands in a day before playing FR loooool

considering it's possible to go 200k be as a winner and for lp's to have big heaters over 150k hands who knows.

one word to sum it up though

DOHHHHHHhhhh  (as in homers phrase not the poster) loooooooool
  • edited September 2010
    Ur wrong.  If you could see his cards, and he has 2 black aces, wud you still say "well, even though I can see you have 2 black aces, from the way you played the hand, you could possibly have 7-2 off suit a good percentage of the time.....So I'll shove on you this time, and if those aces you are showing me really are 2 black aces, and not an illusion, then you will get my stack this time, but long term I will beat you" Warra loada rubbish. It's possible for you to make 100% perfect decisions, so why don't you aim to do so?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

you're such a numpty my heart goes out to you
  • edited September 2010

I only been playing seriously (for a living) for like 8 months.....before it was just pocket money.

Ive won at every level Ive played other than nl200, which Ive played like 3 times.

Sharkscope me, Ive been on sky 10 months, look at my results, my ROI.

Im 13k up this year.....plying mtt's and low stakes cash.

U can laugh at me all u want dude, but time after time u try and argue with and make fun of me, and facts. 

The fact you even give me the time of day, is a compliment in itself.

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    OH
    MY
    F'ING
    GOD

If I could ask my opponent what he had before every decision and then he'd politely show obviously I would. But I can't. So all I can do is narrow his range of hands down to a small number that I think he would play the same way with.

And w tf do you mean its possible to make 100% perfect decisions? Poker is about educated guesses as we can't see our opponents cards. In your hypothetical example AA is the only hand in the villains range making this a fold. Normally there is more than 1 hand in the villains range so we do the best with the information we have. Simples.
  • edited September 2010
    Ur wrong.  If you could see his cards, and he has 2 black aces, wud you still say "well, even though I can see you have 2 black aces, from the way you played the hand, you could possibly have 7-2 off suit a good percentage of the time.....So I'll shove on you this time, and if those aces you are showing me really are 2 black aces, and not an illusion, then you will get my stack this time, but long term I will beat you" Warra loada rubbish. It's possible for you to make 100% perfect decisions, so why don't you aim to do so?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this is totally insane Doh.

• edited September 2010
    I only respond because it's so fun to hear what you have to say lol.

winning money means nothing yet you dont understand that because of stupidity

if you open jam 72 get snapped by aces and hit, are you a winning player? is this a good measure?

no but your dumb so w/e

next, 10 months of results IS NOTHING LOOOOOOOL try to read up/learn about/ take a slight interest/have even a basic understanding of sample size/statistical analysis/standard deviation etc

if you're 1000 up this year after 1 hand of 5 10£ where you got it in bad are you a winning player. 

We do laugh at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dont argue we laugh and try and give you pointers, you say stupid things cant back them up and then get more stubborn when you're told how wrong you are. this is why it becomes so much fun to read your posts. thats why so many competent players read your posts and put lol. 

Feeling sorry for someone/thinking they are a level is not a compliment loooll

• edited September 2010
    I only respond because it's so fun to hear what you have to say lol. winning money means nothing yet you dont understand that because of stupidity if you open jam 72 get snapped by aces and hit, are you a winning player? is this a good measure? no but your dumb so w/e next, 10 months of results IS NOTHING LOOOOOOOL try to read up/learn about/ take a slight interest/have even a basic understanding of sample size/statistical analysis/standard deviation etc if you're 1000 up this year after 1 hand of 5 10£ where you got it in bad are you a winning player.  We do laugh at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dont argue we laugh and try and give you pointers, you say stupid things cant back them up and then get more stubborn when you're told how wrong you are. this is why it becomes so much fun to read your posts. thats why so many competent players read your posts and put lol.  Feeling sorry for someone/thinking they are a level is not a compliment loooll
    Posted by beaneh
    You're in the wrong game pal.
  • edited September 2010
    :D
    Posted by zing

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE