You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just a cooler???

13»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    mystic meg must be a great player then..............................................

• edited September 2010
    don't listen to 865 and watch your bankroll increase
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: just a cooler???:
    In terms of doing whats best to get us most money we are playing against a range of hands that the villain might hold, thats a fact. But if you want to p 1ss about trying to pick what exact hand your opponent has this time and acting accordingly then good luck with that. Seriously do you actually not put people on ranges? Wow.
    Posted by yb
    He put him on a hand, he thought he had him beat with the flush so he checked the river, its a good play and a good read as he was beat.
  • edited September 2010
    they dont earn that much money i wouldnt even say they where gr8 players
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Batkin I've never said I'm a great player and am deffo not (although I want to be thats why I'm learning). Whats happened to Ricoramb's post btw? He made some really good points......

Anyway to answer it, I've never once said checking behind on the river is terrible, just that I wouldn't do it without specific reads. I disagree with you that the average 8NL player would regularly fold an ace/2 pair here. The reason why we were laughing at Dohhh wasn't because of this one hand in particular though, its how results orientated he is in general. He seems to think that if you make the right play this time based on what you know afterwards about your opponents cards you played it great, but obviously when we make our decisions we don't know the exact hand so can only do whats best in the long run against what we think is the villains most likely range.
  • edited September 2010
    what yb means is hes one of those internet whiz kids who doesnt have the ability to soul read people like every single 40+yr old live person obviously does. so he makes up something called a 'range' and just guesses.
  • edited September 2010
    loooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    what lolraise says is true

last time i soul read a guy for ace high and he showed a full house

:(
  • edited September 2010
    what lolraise says is true last time i soul read a guy for ace high and he showed a full house :(
    Posted by yb
    U were there the last time I tried to do it!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't all there at the time! D'oh !!

Im online playing all afternoon fellaz if you fancy another go?

Someone put a hand up ;)
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: just a cooler??? : U were there the last time I tried to do it!!! Unfortunately I wasn't all there at the time! D'oh !! Im online playing all afternoon fellaz if you fancy another go? Someone put a hand up ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Loool I remember!

I'm just about to finish a session now but I'll be on again later. What stakes are you playing?
  • edited September 2010
    $10/20 dyms !! $11 180 sngs, any mtt i fancy, anddddddddddddddddd sum other stuff. 

Im in the big bounty hunter on sky tonight though, and Im telling ya now, Im gonna take a bounty !!!

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    The bounty hunter has valooooo then lol :p

I'm in!