You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S MULTIBALL

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Week 2's league table is here!:
    I fuly agree with Diggsy too. As a Sub-Franchiese for a local poker league i know exactly how points based systems work too and it does make a differance. Although MickJenn would still be a massive leader. If you say you based it for say 200 points per person and 50 points for everyone who fails to cash and then the rest is dived between those who cash. although say an event like this cashing in more than one that week should have a "bonus" points system? What do people think of that, i know it cant be changed for this event but could easily be used for  future system.
    Posted by The_Don90
    You make a valid point and it'd probably suit serial min-cashers like me to adopt a scoring system more akin to the one used in the Omahartigan league, but this is a different format and equally fun. Fun is the watchword here. I think these "leagues" are really great and am delighted to hear that there's another on the way!
  • edited November 2010
    Even on a point scoring system it would be probably harder to catch up. The benefit of the cash system is that each week the amounts change due to the number of players that enter. Enter this weeks was far less than last weeks. Next week may be more to give a lower person on the table a chance of catching up. For example someone may now have 30 quid. If theres a prize of 70 next week for first place (if we're lucky lol) and the current leader scored none then he would instantly be taken over even if its just by 1 pound :P And anyone who keeps cashing every single week deserves his place. Just my opinion.

• edited November 2010
    Even on a point scoring system it would be probably harder to catch up. The benefit of the cash system is that each week the amounts change due to the number of players that enter. Enter this weeks was far less than last weeks. Next week may be more to give a lower person on the table a chance of catching up. For example someone may now have 30 quid. If theres a prize of 70 next week for first place (if we're lucky lol) and the current leader scored none then he would instantly be taken over even if its just by 1 pound :P And anyone who keeps cashing every single week deserves his place. Just my opinion.
    Posted by Razbo
    Yes i agree and thats why i suggested my system. 200 per player x amount is give to thse who cash, again bigger percentage for winner working down and then say 50 points for those that dont cash, say take a look at this system. - this is based for a local pub poker league so would need % modification.

200 points for every player that play.

This is split as below.

1st = 30%
    2nd = 20%
    3rd = 13%
    4th - 10%
    5th - 9%
    6th - 7%
    7th - 6%
    8th - 5%

50 points for all other players

Again this is based for a local poker league, so its heavy advantage for final table, rather than top 10% So what i would suggest is modifying it to suit top 10% with small amount of points awarded for playing. 

Again this can change based on number of players. For example in the league player a won first two weeks at pub a - it attracted 6 players both weeks. On week 3 pub a attracted 17 players and player b won. Player a came 8th, Player b now leads the league table because of the amounts of points avalible  
  • edited November 2010
    15th November

Hi all,

So- here's where the real fun begins! After easing you gently with 2 and 3 tables- this week we get medieval on your *ss!

It's FOUR TABLES AT ONCE!!!

The question is....CAN YOU HANDLE IT??????

Yes, this Wednesday night at 7.30- FOUR £2.20 NLHE freezeouts will begin at the same time.

Anyone can play, and you can play as many of those tourneys as you like. BUT- the more you cash the further up our leaderboard you'll go. And whoever's in the top 3 spots at the end of Week 5 will win.....THIS!!!

3rd- Entry into a rebuy Open

2nd- Entry into the new and improved £55 Primo!

1st- A free seat to a Sky Poker Tour leg of your choice!!

Even if you haven't played yet- get a solid cash in one of the four tourneys and you'll be right up in amongst the leaders for those prizes.

Here's the current leaderboard with 3 weeks and FIFTEEN tourneys to go...(Thanks to Vince aka Mere Novice for this)

REMEMBER YOU CAN ENTER THIS COMPETITION ANY TIME YOU LIKE OVER THE NEXT THREE WEEKS.

Name

MB11

MB12

MB21

MB22

MB23

Total

“Cashes”

mickjenn1

JARON

mr_mc

Darlomike

MAXALLY

halfdraper

stapes34

goodylad21

ramages

darich

jonrhino26

diggsdream

lordbobby

SoLack

tempusfuge

Razbo

jamielou

MICKYBLUE

Metrix

mrhappy38

SolidStan1

waller02

chippy283

The_Don90

LEEDSHX

dylan12

THECHIMP

Kadoom

ladywinner

porter1989

M4VERICK

lucky77777

RICHORFORD

MeloPete

kennybad

phil12uk

zxghostxz

VIRUSXXX

tikay1

THEGUV60

Ploppy33

chrisbhoy

Quietman

pomfrittes

Ozzie08

mm12

gillespie

FINS

BIGSHANN

Next Wednesday (the 24th)- it's  FIVE tourneys and then, on the final Wednesday- 1st Dec- it will be SIX tourneys to multi-table!

The buy-in is £2.20 per tourney- so it's cheap and cheerful and they're freezeouts not rebuys. You can play as many or as few as you want, but obviously the more you play the better your chance of cashing the most over 5 weeks.

The tourneys are clearly marked: Multiball 1, Multiball 2, Multiball 3 and Multiball 4. And of course I'll be playing every one of them. It's a good laugh and a great way to build your multi-game skills by adding one extra tourney every week.

And for those worried about whether their computer can handle it, I've been assured that by the time we get to the final weeks the download software will be freely available and will be able to handle 6 tables with ease.

So- even if you missed Weeks 1 and 2- you can still easily win the league- we've only played 5 games out of 20!

All you have to do is turn up and play and if you cash you'll be automatically entered into the league- which I shall update every week on this thread.

Good luck!!!!

STOP PRESS- The tourneys are now available in the lobby. So register now- and make sure you enter all four if you can!

• edited November 2010
    Don't you think the League table should be a points scoring system rather than how much you have cashed?? I think this would be fairer to the ones playing week in and week out over the month that its being played and who are more consistant playing the multi table format over that time. For instance if you cash in one game where there are lots more players playing you may not have to play again to win or finish in the top 3 as it stands now! If there was a points system the same for each tourn then everyone that plays is on a level playing field over the weeks the multis are increased??
    Posted by diggsdream

Good point diggs, but then on the other hand- it's much harder to win an MTT of 114 runners than one of 47 runners and that should surely be reflected in the awards?

It seems to me that the amount you cash is the fairest way to decide who's done the best as it accurately reflects the size of the competition you had to beat. As some fo the others have pointed out, whichever points system you used- MickJenn would still be well out in front.

I don't think any of this would be a major issue, had luckbox MickJenn not won two tourneys on consecutive weeks! Other than that, it really is all to play for still. I'm sure there are plenty of players capable of winningor FT'ing 2 or 3 of the remaining games.

We've played 5 games out of 20. I really don't think Mick's got it wrapped up quite yet. The four winners from this Wednesday for example, will have him under pressure if he doesn't cash himself.

• edited November 2010
    Dont think i'll bother - 4 tables plus my usual two? my computers got no chance, maybe try this if you run it again when the download is available.
  • edited November 2010
    Registration is off and running for Week 3.

Early doors we have the Fab Four!!!!
    JARON2000  
    JUDGE542000  
    MICKYBLUE2000  
    RICHORFORD2000

Look for Multiballs 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the tournament lobby
    !
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: This Wednesday night at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER!:
    [QUOTE]Dont think i'll bother - 4 tables plus my usual two? my computers got no chance, maybe try this if you run it again when the download is available.
    Posted by loonytoons

Hi Loony- I'm told the download software is days away.

Also, how about not doing your usual two- going mini view on all 4 tables and closing all the other applications on the computer? You should be ok then.

:)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: This Wednesday night at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER!:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: This Wednesday night at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER! : [QUOTE ]Dont think i'll bother - 4 tables plus my usual two? my computers got no chance, maybe try this if you run it again when the download is available. Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Loony- I'm told the download software is days away. Also, how about not doing your usual two- going mini view on all 4 tables and closing all the other applications on the computer? You should be ok then. :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Ha ha, i couldnt do without those vids lol
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: This Wednesday night at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER! : Hi Loony- I'm told the download software is days away. Also, how about not doing your usual two- going mini view on all 4 tables and closing all the other applications on the computer? You should be ok then. :) Posted by RICHORFORD
    Ha ha, i couldnt do without those vids lol
    Posted by loonytoons

LOL! And that's your problem then, young man.

You're going blind! How are you supposed to follow poker action if your eyesight is failing you and one hand is already out of commission?
  • edited November 2010
    im gona miss it this week, flying back up to manchester at time of kick off! :(

• edited November 2010
    22 hours to go, and at the starting gate...

8!

darich2000  JARON2000  JUDGE542000  Machka2000  MICKYBLUE2000  pomfrittes2000  Razbo2000  RICHORFORD2000

Get on to it!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Couldn't handle 3 so might as well sign up for all 4 like a complete muppet
  • edited November 2010
    Couldn't handle 3 so might as well sign up for all 4 like a complete muppet
    Posted by Ploppy33

Obv Ploppy! ;)

Good effort mate

:)
  • edited November 2010
    N-n-n-n-n-nnnn....

9!

darich2000  JARON2000  Machka2000  mickjenn12000  MICKYBLUE2000  Ploppy332000  pomfrittes2000  RICHORFORD2000  scotty772000

• edited November 2010
    Who has the testicular fortitude to slam dunk MJ this evening?

Multiball 1 = 14 Runners
    Multiball 2 = 12 Runners
    Multiball 3 = 12 Runners
    Multiball 4 = 12 Runners

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Week 2's league table is here! : Good point diggs, but then on the other hand- it's much harder to win an MTT of 114 runners than one of 47 runners and that should surely be reflected in the awards? It seems to me that the amount you cash is the fairest way to decide who's done the best as it accurately reflects the size of the competition you had to beat. As some fo the others have pointed out, whichever points system you used- MickJenn would still be well out in front. I don't think any of this would be a major issue, had luckbox MickJenn not won two tourneys on consecutive weeks! Other than that, it really is all to play for still. I'm sure there are plenty of players capable of winningor FT'ing 2 or 3 of the remaining games. We've played 5 games out of 20. I really don't think Mick's got it wrapped up quite yet. The four winners from this Wednesday for example, will have him under pressure if he doesn't cash himself.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I agree with you there about it being much harder with more players especially as the multi table format goes up each week, Having to concentrate with 4-5 or 6 tables with 114 runners would be very hard and yes id say the winners deserve the cash points system... BUT its kinda the wrong way around. For instance mickjenn...(who i totally agree would be top anyway with any scoring system)...has cashed well on the opening day where maybe its been slightly easier and thats not being disrespectful to mickjenn at all but hes had the opportunity to cash high while the format is slightly easier. Would i be questioning if i were in mickjenn's position i hear you ask..hahaha..maybe not but i would still agree with what i say..
    As it stands now its looking like the fields are going to be much smaller as the weeks go on so you would have to maybe win 3-4 of the Tourns in one week to stand a chance of catching the leaders and still i bet youd be short of the leaders, and the chances of doing that are Id say quite low! Hence the drop in numbers to me..To me if everybody scored points regardless of the size of the field you would have higher numbers playing as the weeks go on giving everybody a chance AND A LOOK AT THEMSELVES ON THE LEAGUE LADDER tempting them back the following week.. Even if the numbers did drop there could be a percentage points system to even things out maybe taking advice from the_don90 who has experience in running a points scoring system by the look of it.
    I think the Tourn is great,good fun and really keeps you concentrating. We have all known the rules from the off but in my opinion if there are future Tourns held similar i think there should be some kind of percentage points system worked out taking in to account however many runners there would be as the weeks go on to make more of a level playing field.

See you tonight and good luck!
  • edited November 2010
    And then there were:

14!

darich2000  GREGHOGG2000  JARON2000  JUDGE542000  Machka2000  mickjenn12000  MICKYBLUE2000  phil12uk2000  Ploppy332000  pomfrittes2000  Razbo2000  RICHORFORD2000  scotty772000  tempusfuge2000

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Week 2's league table is here! : I agree with you there about it being much harder with more players especially as the multi table format goes up each week, Having to concentrate with 4-5 or 6 tables with 114 runners would be very hard and yes id say the winners deserve the cash points system... BUT its kinda the wrong way around. For instance mickjenn ...( who i totally agree would be top anyway with any scoring system )...has cashed well on the opening day where maybe its been slightly easier and thats not being disrespectful to mickjenn at all but hes had the opportunity to cash high while the format is slightly easier. Would i be questioning if i were in mickjenn's position i hear you ask..hahaha..maybe not but i would still agree with what i say.. As it stands now its looking like the fields are going to be much smaller as the weeks go on so you would have to maybe win 3-4 of the Tourns in one week to stand a chance of catching the leaders and still i bet youd be short of the leaders, and the chances of doing that are Id say quite low! Hence the drop in numbers to me..To me if everybody scored points regardless of the size of the field you would have higher numbers playing as the weeks go on giving everybody a chance AND A LOOK AT THEMSELVES ON THE LEAGUE LADDER tempting them back the following week.. Even if the numbers did drop there could be a percentage points system to even things out maybe taking advice from the_don90 who has experience in running a points scoring system by the look of it. I think the Tourn is great,good fun and really keeps you concentrating. We have all known the rules from the off but in my opinion if there are future Tourns held similar i think there should be some kind of percentage points system worked out taking in to account however many runners there would be as the weeks go on to make more of a level playing field. See you tonight and good luck!
    Posted by diggsdream

All really good points diggs- appreciate you taking the time and interest in getting this comp right. Yes, admittedly I did not take into account an inevitable dropping off numbers as the weeks wore on. And I will certainly try to incorporate a system next time in which nobody goes surging away early on.

That said, I STILL think this is down to a freakish situation- i.e MickJenn winning outright almost HALF the tourneys so far! This wouldn't normally happen and things would be a lot tighter right now.

Well, you never know- let's see how the next 3 weeks shape up. Funny things happen in poker.

But Tikay was right, and I appreciate your acceptance of this- we can't change the rules midway through now- it would unfair on the leaders.

But I think they'll be a re-think for next time.

Glad you're enjoying it though! I'm fascinated to see if I can cash in 1 tourney tonight let alone 4- with FOUR tables running at once!  Men from the boys time!

PS- You've provided an excellent example of how you can 'disagree' with something on Sky Poker or offer 'criticism' but make it good-natured and constructive. Fair play to you.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Week 2's league table is here! : All really good points diggs- appreciate you taking the time and interest in getting this comp right. Yes, admittedly I did not take into account an inevitable dropping off numbers as the weeks wore on. And I will certainly try to incorporate a system next time in which nobody goes surging away early on. That said, I STILL think this is down to a freakish situation- i.e MickJenn winning outright almost HALF the tourneys so far! This wouldn't normally happen and things would be a lot tighter right now. Well, you never know- let's see how the next 3 weeks shape up. Funny things happen in poker. But Tikay was right, and I appreciate your acceptance of this- we can't change the rules midway through now- it would unfair on the leaders. But I think they'll be a re-think for next time. Glad you're enjoying it though! I'm fascinated to see if I can cash in 1 tourney tonight let alone 4- with FOUR tables running at once!  Men from the boys time! PS- You've provided an excellent example of how you can 'disagree' with something on Sky Poker or offer 'criticism' but make it good-natured and constructive. Fair play to you.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I disagree
  • edited November 2010
    the don reporting for some duty tonight :)

• edited November 2010
    Ok I'm in a lot of tournies online tonight.  So even with 2 quite large screens I'm gonna be struggling with screen space.

So my strategy is to play the multiballs very very loose and fast in the hope that I get an early chip stack in 2 of them while busting out of the others.

Basially what I'm saying is.  If I have JTsuited, that chips are going in :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Tonight at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER!:
    Ok I'm in a lot of tournies online tonight.  So even with 2 quite large screens I'm gonna be struggling with screen space. So my strategy is to play the multiballs very very loose and fast in the hope that I get an early chip stack in 2 of them while busting out of the others. Basially what I'm saying is.  If I have JTsuited, that chips are going in :)
    Posted by scotty77

Nowt new there Scotty. LOL
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Tonight at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER!:
    Ok I'm in a lot of tournies online tonight.  So even with 2 quite large screens I'm gonna be struggling with screen space. So my strategy is to play the multiballs very very loose and fast in the hope that I get an early chip stack in 2 of them while busting out of the others. Basially what I'm saying is.  If I have JTsuited, that chips are going in :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Is this meant to be something different to usual??? ;)
  • edited November 2010
    An hour to go

Multiball 1 = 23
    Multiball 2 = 20
    Multiball 3 = 21
    Multiball 4 = 20
  • edited November 2010
    And we're up to 28. Can't wait now- it's going to be carnage! 

Anyone else up for the challenge of trying to cash in all 4 comps at once??? You know where to go to sign up! Multi 1, Multi 2, Multi 3 and Multi 4. 

40 minutes to go!

cummins2000  darich2000  Darlomike2000  diggsdream2000  g-master2000  GREGHOGG2000  HMS_Amazon2000  JARON2000  JUDGE542000  karlluke2000  lucky777772000  Machka2000  MAXALLY2000  MeloPete2000  mickjenn12000  MICKYBLUE2000  penguin72000  phil12uk2000  Ploppy332000  pomfrittes2000  Razbo2000  RICHORFORD2000  scotty772000  SoLack2000  SolidStan12000  tempusfuge2000  The_Don902000  Wacko902000

• edited November 2010
    Posted by scotty77

I've added that to my notes on you Ryan.

Always call with Q-high or above

Ty.

;)

Although tbf, these are now my ONLY notes on you- other than maniac and is still holding a grudge ever since I cleared him of cash at Luton ;)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Week 2's league table is here! : I disagree
    Posted by Ploppy33
    Lol- the perfect riposte!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MULTIBALL: Tonight at 7.30pm it's FOUR TABLES!!!!! AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY NOW TO REGISTER! :      Nowt new there Scotty. LOL
    Posted by pomfrittes

Agreed- if he'd said he plans to play these tourneys ultra-tight, I think there would have been complaints to customer services that the fourm was playing up and that weird comments were being attributed to the wrong players...
  • edited November 2010
    the don reporting for some duty tonight :)
    Posted by The_Don90

Good luck mate!