You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RIP Super 6......

Comments

• edited November 2010
    i agree alan, to make another point on this subject, as a general rule  the  freerolls are newbie based and if they are " learning" the game do they need to be learning in a rebuy tourny!!. most complaints on the forum are "donk" based ie "cant believe he called with".... and "that fishing fracker did this" like it has been put before on this thread rebuys do encourage looser play, surly as a site (and as semi experienced player) i dont want new players playing any looser than is needed. and before some smart ar se says you want to play up against loose new players, yes you do but you dont want to be sat on a table with 5 of them!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Freerolls should be free.

Nothing wrong with rebuys but - see above.

Opinions will differ, people will moan and Sky will do what they think is best for the site, but most importantly, Dohhhhhhh is slowly changing into Margaret Thatcher, Greg will always shop at Sainsbury's, and Alan will moan at Olympic standard about rebuys.

Love this site. :o)
  • edited November 2010

So....1244 runners. Top 140 paid. (81st is 50p, decreasing to 38p for 140th)
    At the end of the 1st break, there was only @ 350 players left. I departed after my 5 x BB raise with 99 was busted by Q3 O/S. LOL.
    Rebuys (77) & Add-ons (52) equates to an extra £64.50 which was ADDED! to the prize pool.Not being a rebuy expert like some on here, is this correct or an oversight by Sky?

Anyway, off out to let some real fireworks off and do my late night shopping @ ASDA ! :))
  • edited November 2010
    Thats four supermarkets mentioned in one thread...

I am getting a lidl fed up now:)

• edited November 2010
    even morrisson to keep it going...

xx
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6......:
    So....1244 runners. Top 140 paid. (81st is 50p, decreasing to 38p for 140th) At the end of the 1st break, there was only @ 350 players left. I departed after my 5 x BB raise with 99 was busted by Q3 O/S. LOL. Rebuys (77) & Add-ons (52) equates to an extra £64.50 which was ADDED! to the prize pool.Not being a rebuy expert like some on here, is this correct or an oversight by Sky? Anyway, off out to let some real fireworks off and do my late night shopping @ ASDA ! :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sounds like it was a Value Added tournament, oh well "Every Little Helps"
  • edited November 2010
    Aldi better get in on this supermarket naming action.
  • edited November 2010
    So....1244 runners. Top 140 paid. (81st is 50p, decreasing to 38p for 140th) At the end of the 1st break, there was only @ 350 players left. I departed after my 5 x BB raise with 99 was busted by Q3 O/S. LOL. Rebuys (77) & Add-ons (52) equates to an extra £64.50 which was ADDED! to the prize pool.Not being a rebuy expert like some on here, is this correct or an oversight by Sky? Anyway, off out to let some real fireworks off and do my late night shopping @ ASDA ! :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I thought the same so did some sums £250+£64.50=£314.50,prize pool adds up to £322.48.Maybe making up for 56p lol. 
  • edited November 2010
    No add-onns or rebuys needed. Just a bit of skill and a LOT of luck!

Super 6 Freeroll

Finished at 19:36 - 06 Nov

• :
    • :
    • :

This is a TV-only game

Starts At
    Started At
    Buy-In
    Running For
    Prize Pool
    Registered
    1224 / 2000
    Players Left
    Chips
    Blind Limits
    Blinds
    Current
    Next
    In
    Stacks
    Largest
    Average
    Smallest
    andrew2727 - £66.05
    Donut64 - £36.80
    villain101 - £25.16

• :
    • :
    • :

This is a TV-only game

• edited November 2010
    you jammy donut
  • edited November 2010
    you jammy donut
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
     A little bit Jammier and my AQ would have stood up against thier QJ on the last hand and I would have won it! LOL
  • edited November 2010

aisle be having a donut for seconds...

xx

• edited November 2010
    I love you Donut!

QUOTE " no add-ons or rebuys needed"

Well played and you have proven that it is a FREEROLL! (it cost you nothing to win c. £30!)

I wish we could all be so Co-operative around here...:)

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... :  A little bit Jammier and my AQ would have stood up against thier QJ on the last hand and I would have won it! LOL
    Posted by Donut64

I'm sure i told you before to fold AQ pre
  • edited November 2010
    I love you Donut! QUOTE " no add-ons or rebuys needed" Well played and you have proven that it is a FREEROLL! (it cost you nothing to win c. £30!) I wish we could all be so  Co-operative around here...:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     Dont forget the £6.80 thats at least 3 tourneys or sit and gos at the level I play at! :)
  • edited November 2010

I always knew that Sky Poker was...

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... : I'm sure i told you before to fold AQ pre
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
     Its pocket Qs I normally need to fold but they were good for me today! When I hit quads with them in the first hour and got paid I thought I could be in with a chance! :)
  • edited November 2010
    I love you Donut! QUOTE " no add-ons or rebuys needed" Well played and you have proven that it is a FREEROLL! (it cost you nothing to win c. £30!) I wish we could all be so  Co-operative around here...:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Spare us the puns.
  • edited November 2010
    Even though I'm not a lover of re-buys, I played the super 6 this afternoon and managed to finish 82nd and pocket a full 50p without re-buying or adding on. As Tesco would say "every little helps".
  • edited November 2010

Congratulations to the couple of people who posted on here who cashed without any rebuys or add ons.
    I don't think many others would come on here saying ' I did 3 RB and 1 AO and cashed for 33p! ' LOL.

Like others have said, I shall be playing FREErolls on other sites now and those who wish to play them on here......GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

As a foot note, I wonder how many players reg without knowing it was a rebuy due to Sky not having the finance/ability to add a 'R' to it in the lobby?? :))
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to RIP Super 6......:
    Yes folks, that nice Saturday afternoon tournament a few of us liked to play has been transformed into a dreaded rebuy!!! Thanks for that Sky. So in the 1st hour a maniac who will call with any two can still do their normal play, but if they miss, rebuy and do the same again! probability says they will hit one out of two times. Is this a way to attract new players to deposit and play for real? Are some of the upcoming passwords going to be 'suckers', 'bingo', 'tax the poor' ?? And before all the normal brigade come on here to berate me moaning about a free roll, the micro players will understand my point whereas the bigger BR players will just not get it as they don't need to. Very disappointed in this but I know nothing will change as Sky need to come up with more and more ways to finance the 'improved'  structure and TSP.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    totally agree,sick of sky taking an established tourny and turning it into a rebuy......why dont they just put a new rebuy tourny on with the same struture?(because the majority of players dont want them so they have to remove a existing game)
  • edited November 2010

Personally, I don't play re-buys and I don't really care either way whether someone wants to throw money at something after being put out.

But surely when an offer says free, it means in the eyes of trading standards, that no fee is applicable and also if you do not say at the outset that there is a charge, you cannot, in the eyes of the law, charge?

Maybe I'm being pedantic but it just seems that regulars on here are getting stiffed all the time

Keith
  • edited November 2010
    BUMP

AM NOT , REPEAT , NOT A REBUY HATER

BUT I DO THINK FREEROLL REBUYS ARE    HORRENDOUS
    STILL WAITING FOR A POST THAT EXPLAINS THIS TO ME

OK, I AM READY FOR THE HATE

• edited November 2010
    BUMP  AM NOT , REPEAT , NOT A REBUY HATER BUT I DO THINK FREEROLL REBUYS ARE    HORRENDOUS STILL WAITING FOR A POST THAT EXPLAINS THIS TO ME OK, I AM READY FOR THE HATE
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    It was explained on another thread that if anyone would like an answer on this then they need to contact customer care because it is their jobs to answer these questions and not sky forum staff I believe. 
  • edited November 2010
    BUMP  AM NOT , REPEAT , NOT A REBUY HATER BUT I DO THINK FREEROLL REBUYS ARE    HORRENDOUS STILL WAITING FOR A POST THAT EXPLAINS THIS TO ME OK, I AM READY FOR THE HATE
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    freerolls with rebuys are pretty standard these days on lots of online poker sites i think you will find
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... : freerolls with rebuys are pretty standard these days on lots of online poker sites i think you will find
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    HI GREG , I JUST DON'T GET IT !! SURLY A POKER SITE WANTS TO LOOK AFTER ITS NEW PLAYERS . FREEROLLS ARE ONE OF THE WAYS TO GET PLAYERS ON THE SITE . WOULD NEW PLAYERS EVEN KNOW WHAT A REBUY IS ? I DIDN'T WHEN I STARTED . WOULDN'T A REBUY MAKE NEW PLAYERS LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE ? IF THIS  IS  ABOUT THE MONEY ,IS IT SHORT TERM PROFIT BEFORE LONG TERM GAIN ?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... : HI GREG , I JUST DON'T GET IT !! SURLY A POKER SITE WANTS TO LOOK AFTER ITS NEW PLAYERS . FREEROLLS ARE ONE OF THE WAYS TO GET PLAYERS ON THE SITE . WOULD NEW PLAYERS EVEN KNOW WHAT A REBUY IS ? I DIDN'T WHEN I STARTED . WOULDN'T A REBUY MAKE NEW PLAYERS LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE ? IF THIS  IS  ABOUT THE MONEY ,IS IT SHORT TERM PROFIT BEFORE LONG TERM GAIN ?
    Posted by PILLOWMAN

New players aren't as paranoid about rebuys as some "experienced" players seem to be.
    If they are players who want to try a site for free then they probably don't have money in their account.
    VERY few players deposit £100 in their account just so they can play freerolls, I would think.
    If they have not deposited, then they cannot rebuy.
    If they have deposited then I think we should assume that they are sensible enough to uderstand the merits of rebuying in a freeroll.

With regards to people who have made a lot of money from tournaments on this site remarking that rebuys are killing a freeroll, that is laughable.

Nobody is forced to play rebuy tournaments and nobody is forced to rebuy in a freeroll. You are insulting the intelligence of poker players if you feel that they are being cheated.

These comments aren't addressed to you at all PILLOWMAN, I just replied to the last related post.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... : New players aren't as paranoid about rebuys as some "experienced" players seem to be. If they are players who want to try a site for free then they probably don't have money in their account. VERY few players deposit £100 in their account just so they can play freerolls, I would think. If they have not deposited, then they cannot rebuy. If they have deposited then I think we should assume that they are sensible enough to uderstand the merits of rebuying in a freeroll. With regards to people who have made a lot of money from tournaments on this site remarking that rebuys are killing a freeroll, that is laughable. Nobody is forced to play rebuy tournaments and nobody is forced to rebuy in a freeroll. You are insulting the intelligence of poker players if you feel that they are being cheated. These comments aren't addressed to you at all PILLOWMAN, I just replied to the last related post.
    Posted by MereNovice
    nice to have you back in forum vince ,
    your opinion whether agreed with or not ,
    is a valued one around the forum m8y .

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... : New players aren't as paranoid about rebuys as some "experienced" players seem to be. If they are players who want to try a site for free then they probably don't have money in their account. VERY few players deposit £100 in their account just so they can play freerolls, I would think. If they have not deposited, then they cannot rebuy. If they have deposited then I think we should assume that they are sensible enough to uderstand the merits of rebuying in a freeroll. With regards to people who have made a lot of money from tournaments on this site remarking that rebuys are killing a freeroll, that is laughable. Nobody is forced to play rebuy tournaments and nobody is forced to rebuy in a freeroll. You are insulting the intelligence of poker players if you feel that they are being cheated. These comments aren't addressed to you at all PILLOWMAN, I just replied to the last related post.
    Posted by MereNovice
    CHEERS VINCE , APPRECIATE YOUR POST . IM JUST TRYING TO SEE THIS THROUGH THE EYES OF A NEW PLAYER . LETS JUST SAY , I WOULD DEPOSIT A TENNER TO GIVE IT A GO AND KNEW THAT THERE WERE FREEROLS TO GET A LOOK IN . THIS IS WERE I AM COMING FROM.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP Super 6...... : nice to have you back in forum vince , your opinion whether agreed with or not , is a valued one around the forum m8y .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    +1