You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I bet no1 has ever seen this before...

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    you know they will never admit to it being a problem their end!

had several problems not being able to see my hole cards, not great in late stages on dyms!

reported to customer care, got the usual couldn't care less we're gonna fob you off with the standard response e-mail back, fair enough, i'll play elsewhere
  • edited November 2010
    Also this seem's to happen every time there has been a big upgrade the night before. Clearly there are some issues that need ironing out after updates have been done.
  • edited November 2010
    If our internet service provider can affect the action of who gets paid the pots at the end of the hand then that's great news. All I need to do is learn to hack and I'll win every pot I play.

So either admit it is at your end, or I would be seriously worried about the vulnerability of your site!

p.s FWIW I have no fears of hackers on Skypoker. I'm 99% sure its Sky's glitch.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: I bet no1 has ever seen this before...:
    Tbf Jordan I think it happens to more than just a 'few people', its just that it takes so much effort to report stuff to customer services that most people don't bother. A few months ago I had a disconnection issue that was no fault of my own and was due ~ £10 as a refund, I emailed customer services and followed the template shown in the technical queries section but then they emailed me back about 2 weeks later requesting loads more details, so I just gave up after that. Yesterday a few times I was dealt hole cards and couldn't see them, all I could see was the board from the previous hand still. And a couple of times there were pretty big pots that were then split 6-way when it was won without s/d.
    Posted by yb
    i`v had the same problem with disconnection, i got no refund, all i did was give all the info they wanted off me and yet i`m still waiting for reply 2 months later, at the time i was running hot but because off probs i ended losing between £30 and £40
  • edited November 2010
    Also this seem's to happen every time there has been a big upgrade the night before. Clearly there are some issues that need ironing out after updates have been done.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    EXACTLY THIS

Well said flash,xxx
  • edited November 2010

I bet no1 has ever seen this before...
    how much?
    Just b4 hi lo came in the same thing happend to me (in hold em).
    I ended up getting a phone call from dez (i think), telling me it was a mistake and it wont happen again.
    Things like this scares me, most of the time i dont see the end result of a hand and i deffo dont have time to see where the moneys is going

• edited November 2010
    I bet no1 has ever seen this before... how much? Just b4 hi lo came in the same thing happend to me (in hold em). I ended up getting a phone call from dez (i think), telling me it was a mistake and it wont happen again. Things like this scares me, most of the time i dont see the end result of a hand and i deffo dont have time to see where the moneys is going
    Posted by freechips1
    This
  • edited November 2010
    Sky's silence on this matter is doing nothing but harm to the reputaion of the site imho.

It could well lose regular customers over this and yet no one seems to care at all.What other little "blips" and "glitches" are in the system?
    How can anyone, for example, defend the rng as being straight when things like this happen on not too  infrequent basis.

Very poor customer relations imho
  • edited November 2010
    How about posting every hand history you can find this happening on?

It might get some attention then ranther than get fobbed of with, it's your browser, switch it off and on, etc etc.
  • edited November 2010
    You may experience a "brief blip"... they're getting all technical now!
  • edited November 2010
    sounds like they think it's just the cash tables affected. but it's tournaments as well, any disconnection, even for 2 seconds, seems to ruin the hand, and the next hand--- several times in a tournie my hole cards are face down and the previous flop stays on the table--- I have downloaded a full connection monitor, so I know the problem is in the software-- Its been happening for around 3 weeks now--- ridiculous carry on imo---- the download was "coming soon"-- two years ago!!!!

I have complained for 2 years about the competence of the technical team-- everyone thought it was funny!---
  • edited November 2010
    wow at last, the silence is broken!
  • edited November 2010

Hi All,

We have been looking at this issue reported by Flashflush today, it has been identified as a problem affecting a small number of cash table hands, which was introduced yesterday morning. The issue was caused by an obscure chain of events which resulted in this very small number of cash table hands being cancelled.

We have just released a fix for this, so do not expect anyone to experience this problem again, but if you do then please do not hesitate to contact C/Care so that it can be passed over for investigation.

Unfortunately in order for this fix to be picked up it was required to restart all cash tables which were open at the time, hence the lobby message we sent out, which may have caused a momentary blip for some of you. If you were affected by this then we apologise but it was absolutely necessary.

If you were previously affected by a hand being cancelled then please contact customer care who will handle your query and credit any winnings owed.

Sky Poker would like to offer our sincere apologies for those of you affected and thank you for your patience whilst we investigated.

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited November 2010
    Hi All, We have been looking at this issue reported by Flashflush today, it has been identified as a problem affecting a small number of cash table hands, which was introduced yesterday morning. The issue was caused by an obscure chain of events which resulted in this very small number of cash table hands being cancelled. We have just released a fix for this, so do not expect anyone to experience this problem again, but if you do then please do not hesitate to contact C/Care so that it can be passed over for investigation. Unfortunately in order for this fix to be picked up it was required to restart all cash tables which were open at the time, hence the lobby message we sent out, which may have caused a momentary blip for some of you. If you were affected by this then we apologise but it was absolutely necessary. If you were previously affected by a hand being cancelled then please contact customer care who will handle your query and credit any winnings owed. Sky Poker would like to offer our sincere apologies for those of you affected and thank you for your patience whilst we investigated. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    There has been a software glich on all of the tables for a few weeks--- as is obvious to anyone reading this thread--- A competent member of the tech team (if you can find one) should be made to play on the tables every day--- then these issues would be picked up before people consider leaving the site because of them -- innit?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: I bet no1 has ever seen this before... : There has been a software glich on all of the tables for a few weeks--- as is obvious to anyone reading this thread--- A competent member of the tech team (if you can find one) should be made to play on the tables every day--- then these issues would be picked up before people consider leaving the site because of them -- innit?
    Posted by oynutter
    THIS,well put my friend.I just cannot believe what sky adam has just posted as it appears they actually DO NOT have a clue as to what is really going on,xxx
  • edited November 2010
    erm - Think i,ll just leave it   - copied from technical area contact our customer carer team and have the following information to hand - ·          Username ·          Poker Alias ·          Time of disconnect ·          Hand ID (s) ·          Has this happened for you before? ·          If so when (approx) ·          Geographical location of the user ·          ISP ·          Browser ·          Operating System ·          Version of flash Player ·          Were you running other applications at the time? Once the customer care team have all of this information, it will be passed to our technical team for investigation.  They will also endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours.
    Posted by MP33
    lol, hand id is bad enough as these things happen quickly but all of the above? do me a favour!! lol

p.s., had hole cards face down for the first 8 hands in one tourney so had to reload, didnt affect my stack too much but pretty frustrating