You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!!

edited February 2011 in The Shed
Rite You 'Buffs' or 'wannabees', I've just seen in the paper two classics that will be on nex couple days!!

Might not be everyones cup'o'char but a must for your film lockers IMHO!!

Esp, you younger 'play station generation' love to hear your opinions on these two leaders in their genre!!

thurs 5.10 TCM, 'The Apartment'... classic sex-war comedy, Lemmon & Maclaine, at their best!!

sat 5.10 TCM, 'Kes'....Maybe the first look at the future 'underclass' in this way, Barnsley, I am from a long line of scu m, so not being snobby!!! Ken Loach doin it before others, classic footie scene in freezing cold too!! LOL

Quick set those recorders!!!
Enjoy!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    omg!!
    ch4 sat!!
    9.25pm to 4.05 AM !!!!!!!!

Slumdog Millionaire...........then...............Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon ..............then............................ Enemy at the Gates...!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!!:
    Rite You 'Buffs' or 'wannabees', I've just seen in the paper two classics that will be on nex couple days!! Might not be everyones cup'o'char but a must for your film lockers IMHO!! Esp, you younger 'play station generation' love to hear your opinions on these two leaders in their genre!! thurs 5.10 TCM, 'The Apartment'... classic sex-war comedy, Lemmon & Maclaine, at their best!! sat 5.10 TCM, 'Kes'....Maybe the first look at the future 'underclass' in this way, Barnsley, I am from a long line of scu m, so not being snobby!!! Ken Loach doin it before others, classic footie scene in freezing cold too!! LOL Quick set those recorders!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTPYfkIokbw
  • edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cayRMnVb8

"Im after a bird of mi own toneet. Only this un' waint ave feathers on. Well not everywhere any road" ----- LOOOOOOL Av found the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEK_bhjqpQ
  • edited December 2010
    Dead Mans Shoes

Watch this film at least once/month and this youtube clip about once/week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjNLAU7zLQ

amazing amazing amazing film

edit the link has some quite rude language so if your like Doh and easily offended then don't click
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!!:
    Have you seen the film "Threads" though ?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!!:
    Dead Mans Shoes Watch this film at least once/month and this youtube clip about once/week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjNLAU7zLQ amazing amazing amazing film edit the link has some quite rude language so if your like Doh and easily offended then don't click
    Posted by scotty77
    Love "Dead Man's Shoes"! Watched it at least 10 times.

Watching nothing but Asian films these days. "Oldboy" is absolutely brilliant and another one I've watched over and over. "Save the green planet!" is the latest one I watched and is highly recommended to those not scared of something a little different. "Survive style 5" is another one I enjoyed that bizarrely enough had Vinny Jones in it.
  • edited December 2010
    Dead Mans Shoes Watch this film at least once/month and this youtube clip about once/week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjNLAU7zLQ amazing amazing amazing film edit the link has some quite rude language so if your like Doh and easily offended then don't click
    Posted by scotty77
    Agreed, Great film!! Very Dark, with a twist!! [lol darntootin, ur so bossy lol]

What about Gary Streach, boxer turned actor, him and a few deserved awards in this!!!

anyway on a lighter [alot!!] note, did anyone watch 'The Apartment' ??
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Have you seen the film "Threads" though ?
    Posted by shelski
    No, never heard of it, if got time will look it up tomora, who's in it?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : No, never heard of it, if got time will look it up tomora, who's in it?
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Radioactive Yorkshire folk.
    Job's a good'un.
  • edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cayRMnVb8 "Im after a bird of mi own toneet. Only this un' waint ave feathers on. Well not everywhere any road" ----- LOOOOOOL Av found the clip  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEK_bhjqpQ
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes DOHHHHHHH, thats the one!!! LOLOL

They dont make teachers like that anymore!!

Do you all remember how cold your hands & fingers got in winter outside with the PE 'nutter' !!!!

ps QDMc, LOLOL Brill !!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Have you seen the film "Threads" though ?
    Posted by shelski
    Great Christmas Day film :)

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Great Christmas Day film :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    was also a defining point in this womans career

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : was also a defining point in this womans career http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/
    Posted by scotty77
    Hahaha, yes you're right :-D

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Love "Dead Man's Shoes"! Watched it at least 10 times. Watching nothing but Asian films these days. "Oldboy" is absolutely brilliant and another one I've watched over and over. "Save the green planet!" is the latest one I watched and is highly recommended to those not scared of something a little different. "Survive style 5" is another one I enjoyed that bizarrely enough had Vinny Jones in it.
    Posted by bandini
    Nice one Bandini, Save the Green Planet is top banana and I just rewatched Park's vengeance trilogy last week, simply awesome.

Here's some more Asian lovelies you might enjoy - Big Man Japan (2007) A lonely middle-aged guy becomes a giant to fight various absurd monsters when they threaten the cities of Japan. The last 5 minutes are probably the funniest thing I've seen in any film; A Bittersweet Life (2005) S Korean gangster/revenge flick, effortlessly cool and more straightforward than the Park films but no less gripping; the films of Johnnie To, he has many films in many genres (most of which I aint seen) but is probably the true heir to John Woo's crown as the king of stylish Hong Kong action although To's films have a more off-kilter, dreamy quality to them (and he uses the coolest blood squibs, just clouds of red mist). Look for Fulltime Killer (2001), Election (2005), Election 2 (2006), Exiled (2006), Mad Detective (2007) and Vengeance (2009).

And it's nice to see Hitman big up the oldies, last night I watched the Ealing classic Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) and Roger Corman's beatnik horror-comedy A Bucket of Blood (1959) which he shot for $25,000 in 5 days just prior to the more famous but inferior The Little Shop of Horrors (1960) so there you go fact fans. Yes kids, there's more to movies than cgi extravaganzas!

Take care all and apologies if I've bored anyone into a coma.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Nice one Bandini, Save the Green Planet is top banana and I just rewatched Park's vengeance trilogy last week, simply awesome. Here's some more Asian lovelies you might enjoy - Big Man Japan (2007) A lonely middle-aged guy becomes a giant to fight various absurd monsters when they threaten the cities of Japan. The last 5 minutes are probably the funniest thing I've seen in any film; A Bittersweet Life (2005) S Korean gangster/revenge flick, effortlessly cool and more straightforward than the Park films but no less gripping; the films of Johnnie To, he has many films in many genres (most of which I aint seen) but is probably the true heir to John Woo's crown as the king of stylish Hong Kong action although To's films have a more off-kilter, dreamy quality to them (and he uses the coolest blood squibs, just clouds of red mist). Look for Fulltime Killer (2001), Election (2005), Election 2 (2006), Exiled (2006), Mad Detective (2007) and Vengeance (2009). And it's nice to see Hitman big up the oldies, last night I watched the Ealing classic Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) and Roger Corman's beatnik horror-comedy A Bucket of Blood (1959) which he shot for $25,000 in 5 days just prior to the more famous but inferior The Little Shop of Horrors (1960) so there you go fact fans. Yes kids, there's more to movies than cgi extravaganzas! Take care all and apologies if I've bored anyone into a coma.
    Posted by Darntootin
    I'll certainly check these out when I've more time.

A Bittersweet Life was already on my Amazon list and I'm sky+ing The Good, The Bad and The Weird tonight. Amazing how many hours you can spend trawling Amazon once you get started on the Asian films. Loving the whole genre and have loads to watch yet.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : I'll certainly check these out when I've more time. A Bittersweet Life was already on my Amazon list and I'm sky+ing The Good, The Bad and The Weird tonight. Amazing how many hours you can spend trawling Amazon once you get started on the Asian films. Loving the whole genre and have loads to watch yet.
    Posted by bandini
    The Good, the Bad, the Weird is ok, well worth a watch, but I prefer Miike's Sukiyaki Western Django for a bit of eastern action.
  • edited December 2010

Just ordered dead mans shoes off ebay !!!

Anyone else know of good British films (the more obvious the better, I've seen nothing) - let me know !!!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : was also a defining point in this womans career http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/
    Posted by scotty77
    Errr...pmsl!
  • edited December 2010
    NoseyBonk , try to contain yourself... http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/602324/mega-shark-vs-crocosaurus.jhtml
    Posted by Darntootin
    Too late to contain myself - saw the trailer a few days ago! Apparently Mega-Shark is also visiting Malibu.

So much quality film to watch I don't know where to start....... so much stress.......

• edited December 2010
    Just ordered dead mans shoes off ebay !!! Anyone else know of good British films (the more obvious the better, I've seen nothing) - let me know !!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    "Nil by mouth" is on Film4 tonight. Great film.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : yeh, nice one hitman ffs
    Posted by OMahonyO
    lol, bit of a spoiler indeed.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : "Nil by mouth" is on Film4 tonight. Great film.
    Posted by bandini
    Kaffy Burke's got a filfy gob on 'er
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Kaffy Burke's got a filfy gob on 'er
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    She does that. I'm sure I read somewhere that the f word is used on average 3 times a minute in this film.

I'm surprised Sky's resident film expert presenter hasn't contributed to this thread yet. So come on Orford, what you watching these days?
  • edited December 2010

Cheerz mate, I did look at film4 tonight as I've got my new sky + toy to play with, 10 years after the rest of the world :)

Didn't recognise anything tho, so gonna record that n watch it tomorrow afternoon, hope it's a good hangover film.
  • edited December 2010
    Cheerz mate, I did look at film4 tonight as I've got my new sky + toy to play with, 10 years after the rest of the world :) Didn't recognise anything tho, so gonna record that n watch it tomorrow afternoon, hope it's a good hangover film.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Perfect hangover film. Makes you feel that your life ain't so bad after all.

"My Name is Joe" and "Sweet Sixteen" are a couple of other decent Ken Loach (Kes director) ones of the top of my head. Think he did that recent Cantona one too which is quite good.
  • edited December 2010
    Nice one Darntootin, will look a few of those up over xmas!!

Enjoy 'dead mans' D !!

After that get ....'GET CARTER'. & 'ZULU'.. More old skool English!
  • edited December 2010
    Nice one Darntootin, will look a few of those up over xmas!! Enjoy 'dead mans' D !! After that get ....'GET CARTER'. & 'ZULU'.. More old skool English!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Rinky dinky panther mate,

More would enjoy Dead Man's Shoes if you hadn't given away the twist in an earlier post?

Maybe an idea to delete the said part of post and ask O'Mahony to delete the part where he quoted it? The twist is only a small part of the film but it's far better if you don't know it in advance.

By the way if you haven't seen The Usual Suspects, Kaiser Souzi is.....

TIKAY!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : yeh, nice one hitman ffs
    Posted by OMahonyO
    LOL OK!! Have edited!! u better do same!! Sure it wasna end of the world!!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Aint seen a 'Film' thread for ages!! : Rinky dinky panther mate, More would enjoy Dead Man's Shoes if you hadn't given away the twist in an earlier post? Maybe an idea to delete the said part of post and ask O'Mahony to delete the part where he quoted it? The twist is only a small part of the film but it's far better if you don't know it in advance. By the way if you haven't seen The Usual Suspects, Kaiser Souzi is..... TIKAY!
    Posted by bandini
    Done!! lol!!

O yeah 'suspects' another great one!!

Storey on that one, think saw in an interview with one of the actors ages ago!!!

Apparentley in the one of the opening scenes, when they were all doin the 'I.D. Parade' at the old bill shop, [poster scene], one by one, the actors were asked, by a hidden cop to repeat a line........something like ....

" OK M-----R F-----S, hand over the Money!!"

.....if my memory is correct!!

Anyway, appparently they had not heard each other answer this question before the 'first take'!

So they went along the line, answerin, givin it the 'gangster large', till they got to Benicio del Torro!!! lolol

HE....then gives it.....THE MOST MAD Hispanic exaggerated rant...and they all crack up massiveley!!

Apparently, the director loved it and kept that first take!!!

When you see the scene, [great if someone finds it], you can see it may be a true storey, just by the way the scene breaks down!!

O yeah, theres a great twist in this too, it turns out that...............................................

................................and Jimmynoleg who always limps in preflop, aint much of a limper really, really in fact he's a really aggro LAG, so dont let him fool you, where was i, gone off on a tanjent sry!! geometry ppffftt!!

.......................................................................................great eh?