You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD TY MOD

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - (:
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : It's nothing to do with just the tokens m8, I hope everyone gets them, it's the whole attitude throughout the site atm, sky do a lot of good with various promotions, events and so on and just because people have not received a token for a £5.50 mtt it goes mental with people slagging sky for not appreciating their "loyal" customers - they reward the loyal players everyday of the week with free rolls, better structure mtt's, and so on - these were things loyal players wanted and they have got what they asked - I don't see the reason for turning on them for the sake of a token.I have no doubt sky will sort this out and if it is a case that these tokens go to people on a marketing list only this time, then so be it - I would hope that Sky would learn from that mistake for future reference. In hindsight im sure Sky would have preferred not to even give anyone a free mtt token if this was the reaction it caused. Whatever they do they can't win atm, they are making changes that people wanted and once they are implemented then people want more, go figure lol!! For a player like yourself waller without a massive BR perhaps, as you said, a £5.50 token would be gratefully received and I can see your frustration for not getting one, everyone likes a freebie and I truly hope you get one, as im sure you will, with all the changes happening atm I think Sky are catering for all levels and for the sake of a tournament entry I don't think so much fuss is needed tbh. Gl to those who have received one of the tokens and hope everyone who really wants one gets one as well,we just need to remember that only a few months ago, we didnt have half what we have now on this site, so maybe some gratitude should be shown at times instead of the constant mindset of "I want, I want I want". 
    Posted by dylan12
    I have nothing against sky rewarding there top earners or giving something to new players but to pick names out of a hat and have them posting on the forum don't you think that's going to cause friction.If you could get your tongue out of sky's a*se you might see that.And as for improved mtt and stt structure you keep going on about lol buy-ins sky rocket stt that were removed pre-download and promised to be looked at post missing in action.Small players can and will voice their opinions!!
  • edited December 2010
    Belsibub for the win. Sky have fuccked this right up and rightfully it is now biting them on the arsse.

Its a small time site which is ran and owned by a few who play and dictate what can and cant be done on the site/forum.

LOL SKY.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : I have nothing against sky rewarding there top earners or giving something to new players but to pick names out of a hat and have them posting on the forum don't you think that's going to cause friction.If you could get your tongue out of sky's a*se you might see that.And as for improved mtt and stt structure lol buy-ins sky rocket stt that were removed pre-download and promised to be looked at post missing in action.Small players can and will voice their opinions!!
    Posted by belsibub
    Re read my last post - I said sky would probably regret giving out these free tickets in the first place because people can be so childish if they don't get the same as others - nice gesture from them will obviously blow up in their faces due to greed from people like yourself!

That's it mtt's on sky have rocketed....oh hang on,didn't they introduce the TOT for more than affordable prices, didn't they introduce the 2.20DS that players called for during the day, didn't they just introduce these £11 mtt's that people wanted on early evenings? It's blinkered people like you who can't see the good progress that is happening throughout the sites at all levels that make me LOL!!

As for me with my tongue up sky's a*se - lololol!! Just because I don't shout out for things constantly and whinge when they try new things and because im grateful that they are slowly but surely growing as a site - my tongue must deffo be up their a*se - tell you what try this some time - email them your issues, pm them your issues, contact CC with your issues - I know this may be a new concept to you and many others who love a public whinge but it actually works - go figure that issues done in private gets sorted sooner!! 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : Re read my last post - I said sky would probably regret giving out these free tickets in the first place because people can be so childish if they don't get the same as others - nice gesture from them will obviously blow up in their faces due to greed from people like yourself! That's it mtt's on sky have rocketed....oh hang on,didn't they introduce the TOT for more than affordable prices, didn't they introduce the 2.20DS that players called for during the day, didn't they just introduce these £11 mtt's that people wanted on early evenings? It's blinkered people like you who can't see the good progress that is happening throughout the sites at all levels that make me LOL!! As for me with my tongue up sky's a*se - lololol!! Just because I don't shout out for things constantly and whinge when they try new things and because im grateful that they are slowly but surely growing as a site - my tongue must deffo be up their a*se - tell you what try this some time - email them your issues, pm them your issues, contact CC with your issues - I know this may be a new concept to you and many others who love a public whinge but it actually works - go figure that issues done in private gets sorted sooner!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    Ohhhhhhhh! Who took the jam out of your doughnut?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : Re read my last post - I said sky would probably regret giving out these free tickets in the first place because people can be so childish if they don't get the same as others - nice gesture from them will obviously blow up in their faces due to greed from people like yourself! That's it mtt's on sky have rocketed....oh hang on,didn't they introduce the TOT for more than affordable prices, didn't they introduce the 2.20DS that players called for during the day, didn't they just introduce these £11 mtt's that people wanted on early evenings? It's blinkered people like you who can't see the good progress that is happening throughout the sites at all levels that make me LOL!! As for me with my tongue up sky's a*se - lololol!! Just because I don't shout out for things constantly and whinge when they try new things and because im grateful that they are slowly but surely growing as a site - my tongue must deffo be up their a*se - tell you what try this some time - email them your issues, pm them your issues, contact CC with your issues - I know this may be a new concept to you and many others who love a public whinge but it actually works - go figure that issues done in private gets sorted sooner!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    THINK YOU MIGHT FIND ITS THE PRINCIPLE RATHER THAN GREED.
  • edited December 2010
    Well there is only 1 way to solve this .... Sky never give out any freebies ever again, and make you all pay your own way.

Sorted
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : Ohhhhhhhh! Who took the jam out of your doughnut?
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    I think it's quite obvious if you read up tbh
  • edited December 2010
    Well there is only 1 way to solve this .... Sky never give out any freebies ever again, and make you all pay your own way. Sorted
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1

The day I see loyal players like Acebarry10 posting on the forum asking for a free token will be the day I know that Sky aren't catering for all BR's!! 
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by dylan12
    Your definition at your bank roll of well priced mtt and mine at mine are NEVER going to see eye to eye.Nearly all mtt are £5.50 or above and most are little better than glorified stt.Before you say there are sat's i am a recreational player who does not have the time or inclination to play them.In the evening stt are my lot or play a 4 hour deepstack which pays top 8 if lucky.(don't even think about mentioning freerolls)
  • edited December 2010
    No offence intended to certain posts here but some of you are so snobby that it IS laughable ;o)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : +1 The day I see loyal players like Acebarry10 posting on the forum asking for a free token will be the day I know that Sky aren't catering for all BR's!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    lol he got one.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : Your definition at your bank roll of well priced mtt and mine at mine are NEVER going to see eye to eye.Nearly all mtt are £5.50 or above and most are little better than glorified stt.Before you say there are sat's i am a recreational player who does not have the time or inclination to play them.In the evening stt are my lot or play a 4 hour deepstack which pays top 8 if lucky.(don't even think about mentioning freerolls)
    Posted by belsibub
    I have no doubt that we have different views of mtt prices - if you aren't happy then get on Sky's case about it!
    Whenever I have had an idea or anything I don't agree with or certain changes I would like to see - I email/pm them and trust me - they do listen - if you can prove that there is a demand for a certain mtt at whatever price - they will put one on,so get in touch with them and tell them what your looking for - the forum I have found is no use when requesting things to be done quickly - go for the personal touch and I hope they put some well structured mtts for you! 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : lol he got one.
    Posted by belsibub
    he did, and my point is - have you ever seen him on any thread having a go about free rolls, promotions or games within his BR? He keeps his own counsel and if not happy deals with it privately with Sky. Privacy and no greed FTW! 
  • edited December 2010

Dylan wants biscuit tokens please sky...

Due to the snow, Wales has run out of hobnobs, please help him out! :)

• edited December 2010
    Dylan wants biscuit tokens please sky... Due to the snow, Wales has run out of hobnobs, please help him out! :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    ;)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : Your definition at your bank roll of well priced mtt and mine at mine are NEVER going to see eye to eye.Nearly all mtt are £5.50 or above and most are little better than glorified stt.Before you say there are sat's i am a recreational player who does not have the time or inclination to play them.In the evening stt are my lot or play a 4 hour deepstack which pays top 8 if lucky.(don't even think about mentioning freerolls)
    Posted by belsibub
    I thought you said you were a regular player and felt you deserved a hand out from sky?
  • edited December 2010
    Well there is only 1 way to solve this .... Sky never give out any freebies ever again, and make you all pay your own way. Sorted
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Such a (s)nob Charles.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to post up here if you have not recieved your token : - (:
      nope no token     :-(
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I received an e-mail with instructions how to get this bonus thingy, I clicked all links and was informed that I had got this bonus. I looked at my account/profile etc, and I have not received it, and probably won't, still it's not a big deal.

Kind regards
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : I received an e-mail with instructions how to get this bonus thingy, I clicked all links and was informed that I had got this bonus. I looked at my account/profile etc, and I have not received it, and probably won't, still it's not a big deal. Kind regards
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    It should be in "my account" under the promotion tab - if it isnt there then either email them back or get on live chat with cc - they should sort it out pretty quickly tbh :)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : I have no doubt that we have different views of mtt prices - if you aren't happy then get on Sky's case about it! Whenever I have had an idea or anything I don't agree with or certain changes I would like to see - I email/pm them and trust me - they do listen - if you can prove that there is a demand for a certain mtt at whatever price - they will put one on,so get in touch with them and tell them what your looking for - the forum I have found is no use when requesting things to be done quickly - go for the personal touch and I hope they put some well structured mtts for you! 
    Posted by dylan12
    I have tried as have many small player we do not have ears of the upper echelon.Threads go unanswered or fobbed off with we are always reviewing things and nothing changes for the better.You just have to look at tech queries or com suggestions posts as  examples big name players get a reply in hours others days if you are lucky. 
  • edited December 2010
    Sky Poker doesn't owe anybody anything. 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : I thought you said you were a regular player and felt you deserved a hand out from sky?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I play most everyday and i did not say i deserved a hand out from sky show me where i said that!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : he did, and my point is - have you ever seen him on any thread having a go about free rolls, promotions or games within his BR? He keeps his own counsel and if not happy deals with it privately with Sky. Privacy and no greed FTW! 
    Posted by dylan12
    Yes when the super 6 became a re-buy.
  • edited December 2010
    Sky Poker doesn't  owe anybody anything. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    i disagree, sky owe me some run luck? pleaaassseeee
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Gr8 idea

The result of that would be a mass exodus (prob spelt wrong)

There are many other sites out there and growing in  number all the time. Giving freebies as you call it are incentives to attract new players and keep existing ones.

All i,m saying if there were no incentives most ppl would look elsewhere and choose another site 
  • edited December 2010
    why would you want to play in $$

just a thought

xx

• edited December 2010
    Morning all,  I don't personally know how this promotion works so i'm afraid that I can't answer as to why some have received tokens and some haven't but I have PM'd Sky_Rich to ask him to have a look at this thread.

Comments have been made that posts have not been read or responded to and I assure you that all threads are read, at least by the Mods, and where appropriate details of those threads/comments are forwarded "up the ladder".  We aren't just here to delete inappropriate posts but to help the Sky Poker team build the best site possible.

If you have a problem that needs immediate or urgent attention then it is always best to contact Customer Services.  You may not necessarily get the answer you want, as some posters on here have indicated, but it IS the quickest way to get a response.

Sky Mod4
  • edited December 2010
    Sky Poker doesn't  owe anybody anything. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Quite right, they don't. But they could have handled this a whole lot better.

Website note or email to say they're giving out £??? of random free tournament entry's and everyone's happy. Those who get one are chuffed, those who don't think 'better luck next time'. Good publicity and general feelgood factor.
  • edited December 2010
    I was fortunate and got a token

Token states
    This week we're offering you a free £11 tournament entry - click the link below, log in and enter the code POKER11 to be instantly credited! Offer expires midnight on Wednesday 8th December, any unused tokens will expire 7 days after claiming. Tokens' value cannot be split to enter multiple tournaments

thought ide save it for later

Played a £1.15  SIT AND GO            which as far as ime concerned isnt a Tournament

Lost the £11 token

Customer service however doesnt see the difference beetween the two  as per answer to email below
    Hi Les,   Thanks for your e-mail.   Upon reviewing your account, I could see that you entered the promotion code POKER11 to your account and a £11 Poker Token was credited. However the reason why the full £11 Token was debited from your account is because the token covers entry into £11 Tournaments and Sit n Go's, however if you enter a tournament of less value you will forfeit the remaining value of the token. For example if you use this token to enter into a £2.20 tournament you will need to use the whole token.    Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.   Kind Regards   Dorianne Great except nowhere in the offer does it mention sit and goesWhat sort of fool would use an £11  credit on a £1.15 game perhaps this site is to sophisticated for a fool like me
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: post up here if you have not recieved your token : - ( : Quite right, they don't. But they could have handled this a whole lot better. Website note or email to say they're giving out £??? of random free tournament entry's and everyone's happy. Those who get one are chuffed, those who don't think 'better luck next time'. Good publicity and general feelgood factor.
    Posted by harding10
    I THINK HARDING HAS IT SPOT ON HERE  .