You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DOHH's 2.20 @ 2.20 Charity Challenge.- CONTINUES TODAY!!!!

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Dohhhhhhh i luv the charity bit as it will add even more fun into the game so i will certainly participate in this.

RIGHT LUCY WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comments

• edited January 2011

Here's the deal folks. 

After a year of highs and lows for myself at the poker tables, In summary I reflect on the year as abit of a waste.

I've had a great opportunity to kick on and develop my poker game, and although I've made a very healthy profit in all disciplines of the game, it's nowhere near what I could, and what I feel I should be making.

I've stood still, been a total bankroll nit, grinding the games I know I can win with my eyes closed, instead of challenging myself to go 1 better and improve my game, my attitude, commitment and most importantly the amount of money I win.

So my goal in 2011, is to play and/or study poker for at least 40 hours a week, currently I probably play 15 hours if that, and half of those are messing about in forum games etc. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help me focus, I'm gonna offer a challenge to all the regulars in the 2.20 @ 2.20 deepstack game. Many of them don't use the forum. I challenge you all to take part in a week of 2.20 games, with points awarded according to finishing position, and the leader at the end of Fridays game will be crowned the champion.

The winner of the competition will name their charity, and each participant will donate £5 (or whatever they can afford) to the charity of the winners choice.

In addition to this, each day there will be a £10 bounty on my head, whoever knocks me out in each tournament can also name a charity, which I will personally donate £10 to. So thats £50 of DOHHHHHH's cash in the kitty already.

The games will start on the first Monday of the new year. I understand people will be back at work and stuff, but there are normally enough regs that play it most days.

If I get at least 1 challenger, that's enough to run the competition.

(hopefully it will remind Lucy that poker is fun, and persuade her out of retirement, if only for 1 week) and I'm pretty sure that wacko, don, donkeyplopper will be up for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought of this challenge as I feel to take poker 100% seriously, I need to get into a routine, like people do in any other job. I need to have a time to "start work" with no excuses. So as I see the clock moving to 2pm, I know it's time to switch Jeremy Kyle off, and get the laptop out and load 4 tables (maybe more when I get my new 1 :)

2011 is gonna be a "make or break" year for me, I hope plenty of you fancy joining me to get it off to a fun and hopefully profitable start !!!!

Post here if you are interested, and tell your mates at the tables 

GL, DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :):):)

• edited December 2010
    love to mate, but some of us have normal jobs!! hope all goes well and you and lucky kiss and make up.
  • edited December 2010
    This is a great idea mate & if I didn't have to work a normal job I'd love to join in the fun.

Good luck with it though mate.
  • edited December 2010
    Im happy to take part in this dohhh :D though i cant play the 2.20 every day, but wel see, good look with your challenge mate, look forward to seeing you at the tables :)
  • edited December 2010

Cracking thread and idea JJ.

As you know, I work so can not join you in this but wish you well with it fella. Plus, I would probably win everyday anyway :))) 
  • edited December 2010
    See if i can make some mooola in the next week and if so ill join in
  • edited December 2010
    Gl to all those that participate - I aint gonna play so will give the Total entry fee for the week (£11) to the charity of the winners choice instead. 
  • edited December 2010
    IM in JJ.

although what week wil you be starting money a little tight just now as you know.
  • edited December 2010
    Mr Dohhhhhhh,
             I think this is a gerat idea,i will try to play as many of these as i can.Also if i only manage to play a couple i will still donate £20 to the winners charity.
             I know you would like someone to be able to play all 5 days but at the end of the day as long as the charity is the winner it dosent really matter. As you said im sure there are enough players on here who can play every day so good luck with your challenge.
                                                      Regards   Mick .
  • edited December 2010
    Hey all, thanx for the interest....

Theres still a few days before the start, so if anyone has any ideas as to how it can become more accessible to everyone, then fire away.

Maybe we could run it over 7 days, Mon - Sun......and the best 4 scores of any 1 player will win?

Maybe we could allow partners to enter? - So if you yourself are available to play Mon Wed Fri, and a mate of yours can play Sat and Sun, you can make a double, which will give you 5 scores to count towards the final league standings.

I'm happy to play all 7, and obviously take the competition down ;)

Spread the word at the 2.20 deepy tables this week if you can 

xxxxxxxxxxx

• edited December 2010
    Monday - Friday with best 4 counting?

just a suggestion.
  • edited December 2010
    Monday 2 Sunday with the best 4 scores counting sounds a good idea to me, it gives everyone a fair shot at it even if they have to miss a couple of games .
                                                   Regards   Mick .
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to DOHH's new year, 2.20 @ 2.20 Charity Challenge.:
    Here's the deal folks.  After a year of highs and lows for myself at the poker tables, In summary I reflect on the year as abit of a waste. I've had a great opportunity to kick on and develop my poker game, and although I've made a very healthy profit in all disciplines of the game, it's nowhere near what I could, and what I feel I should be making. I've stood still, been a total bankroll nit, grinding the games I know I can win with my eyes closed, instead of challenging myself to go 1 better and improve my game, my attitude, commitment and most importantly the amount of money I win. So my goal in 2011, is to play and/or study poker for at least 40 hours a week, currently I probably play 15 hours if that, and half of those are messing about in forum games etc.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ To help me focus, I'm gonna offer a challenge to all the regulars in the 2.20 @ 2.20 deepstack game. Many of them don't use the forum. I challenge you all to take part in a week of 2.20 games, with points awarded according to finishing position, and the leader at the end of Fridays game will be crowned the champion. The winner of the competition will name their charity, and each participant will donate £5 (or whatever they can afford) to the charity of the winners choice. In addition to this, each day there will be a £10 bounty on my head, whoever knocks me out in each tournament can also name a charity, which I will personally donate £10 to. So thats £50 of DOHHHHHH's cash in the kitty already. The games will start on the first Monday of the new year. I understand people will be back at work and stuff, but there are normally enough regs that play it most days. If I get at least 1 challenger, that's enough to run the competition. (hopefully it will remind Lucy that poker is fun, and persuade her out of retirement, if only for 1 week) and I'm pretty sure that wacko, don, donkeyplopper will be up for it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I thought of this challenge as I feel to take poker 100% seriously, I need to get into a routine, like people do in any other job. I need to have a time to "start work" with no excuses. So as I see the clock moving to 2pm, I know it's time to switch Jeremy Kyle off, and get the laptop out and load 4 tables (maybe more when I get my new 1 :) 2011 is gonna be a "make or break" year for me, I hope plenty of you fancy joining me to get it off to a fun and hopefully profitable start !!!! Post here if you are interested, and tell your mates at the tables  GL, DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :):):)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to DOHH's new year, 2.20 @ 2.20 Charity Challenge.:
    Here's the deal folks.  After a year of highs and lows for myself at the poker tables, In summary I reflect on the year as abit of a waste. I've had a great opportunity to kick on and develop my poker game, and although I've made a very healthy profit in all disciplines of the game, it's nowhere near what I could, and what I feel I should be making. I've stood still, been a total bankroll nit, grinding the games I know I can win with my eyes closed, instead of challenging myself to go 1 better and improve my game, my attitude, commitment and most importantly the amount of money I win. So my goal in 2011, is to play and/or study poker for at least 40 hours a week, currently I probably play 15 hours if that, and half of those are messing about in forum games etc.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ To help me focus, I'm gonna offer a challenge to all the regulars in the 2.20 @ 2.20 deepstack game. Many of them don't use the forum. I challenge you all to take part in a week of 2.20 games, with points awarded according to finishing position, and the leader at the end of Fridays game will be crowned the champion. The winner of the competition will name their charity, and each participant will donate £5 (or whatever they can afford) to the charity of the winners choice. In addition to this, each day there will be a £10 bounty on my head, whoever knocks me out in each tournament can also name a charity, which I will personally donate £10 to. So thats £50 of DOHHHHHH's cash in the kitty already. The games will start on the first Monday of the new year. I understand people will be back at work and stuff, but there are normally enough regs that play it most days. If I get at least 1 challenger, that's enough to run the competition. (hopefully it will remind Lucy that poker is fun, and persuade her out of retirement, if only for 1 week) and I'm pretty sure that wacko, don, donkeyplopper will be up for it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I thought of this challenge as I feel to take poker 100% seriously, I need to get into a routine, like people do in any other job. I need to have a time to "start work" with no excuses. So as I see the clock moving to 2pm, I know it's time to switch Jeremy Kyle off, and get the laptop out and load 4 tables (maybe more when I get my new 1 :) 2011 is gonna be a "make or break" year for me, I hope plenty of you fancy joining me to get it off to a fun and hopefully profitable start !!!! Post here if you are interested, and tell your mates at the tables  GL, DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :):):)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHH's new year, 2.20 @ 2.20 Charity Challenge.:
    Dohhhhhhh i luv the charity bit as it will add even more fun into the game so i will certainly participate in this. RIGHT LUCY WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Posted by debdobs_67
    i`llllllllll be there dohhhhhhhhhnut
  • edited December 2010
    as said in my final decision  thread im in
  • edited December 2010
    as said in my final decision  thread im in
    Posted by lucky77777
    N1 lucky,now on a personal note will you pm me another site you play on and in the new year i will sign up to it and then pm you back with my alias,all the best debs xxx

ps dav says hi as well
  • edited December 2010

Sounds like a good idea, and for a good cause.

I've had a huge break from poker, so this will help ease back into things. Won't be in them all but a fair few.
  • edited December 2010

Excellent idea JJ count me in
  • edited December 2010

Great to see people interested.

I think It will be best to offer a possible 7 games, Mon - Sun, with the best 4 scores counting. You don't even have to play 4, you can play 2 games, win them both, and win it in styleeeeeeeeee.

I will probably only make 6, as even DOHHHHH's need sundays off to watch eastenders. 

So that will be 6 £10 bounties, so AT LEAST 6 charities will benefit. 

If anyone wants to change the format at all, please speak up, and make sure you spread the word at the tables over the next few days.

Lets remember there's only 2 winners here, myself, and charity, so plz give generously. 

• edited December 2010
    Great to see people interested. I think It will be best to offer a possible 7 games, Mon - Sun, with the best 4 scores counting. You don't even have to play 4, you can play 2 games, win them both, and win it in styleeeeeeeeee. I will probably only make 6, as even DOHHHHH's need sundays off to watch eastenders.  So that will be 6 £10 bounties, so AT LEAST 6 charities will benefit.  If anyone wants to change the format at all, please speak up, and make sure you spread the word at the tables over the next few days. Lets remember there's only 2 winners here, LUCKY77777, and charity, so plz give generously. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    FYP ;o) xxx
  • edited December 2010
    This sounds like fun, you can count me in :) now just need to head over to the charities commission and register "lequinny's beer trust fund".....

Jokes aside, I tip my hat sir, and wish you luck for 2011. Hopefully will try and play all 7 (will probably be closer to 4/5, unless I cash in a few of them)
  • edited December 2010
    i think 7.15 or 8.15 deepies and best 4 of 7? although this is not early enough for u would get more runners

I will try back at work half way through work so will try to play first few days

Ralph ;-) lol
  • edited December 2010

As luck has it, im off work for the first week of Jan, so i might be about a little bit, and i will try to play most days.

In any case, i too will donate at least £10 to the winners choice of charity.

• edited December 2010

Play the first few days, and the weekend - and u have 5 entries Ralph.

Pointless me doing the evening ones - even I can get out of bed for 7pm, so I don't need any motivation.

Remember you can play partners, if young gun can play mon-wed, and hoggers Thurs-Sun - you can join as a double and have 7 scores to chose from.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry man won't be able to take part. Bad luck just won't leave me alone and ive lost what id intended to build off, not in the mood for poker at the moment. All the best guys.
  • edited January 2011
    Just a bump to remind everyone this starts on Monday.

The league will be decided by the best 4 scores of each person over the 7 day period, Mon-Sun. So if I win it 7 times, my total will be "4". If lucy comes 60th 3 times, and 50th 4 times, her score will be "200", as 50 x 4 = 200

Simplez :)

There's no need to post on the thread, everyone will be included, probably people who don't even know about it !

It doesn't really matter, as Im gonna win anyway.

Hopefully interest will grow towards the end of the week as the competition hots up.

Remember - £10 to a charity of your choice is on my head each day, so fIll ya boots. 

• edited January 2011

best of luck with this doh ,
    2.20 pm is a bit tough for me ,
    but will try join in .

• edited January 2011
    Play the first few days, and the weekend - and u have 5 entries Ralph. Pointless me doing the evening ones - even I can get out of bed for 7pm, so I don't need any motivation. Remember you can play partners, if young gun can play mon-wed, and hoggers Thurs-Sun - you can join as a double and have 7 scores to chose from.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    why does this sound like an unintentional dig at me
  • edited January 2011
    Just a bump to remind everyone this starts on Monday.

The league will be decided by the best 4 scores of each person over the 7 day period, Mon-Sun. So if I win it 7 times, my total will be "4". If lucy comes 60th 3 times, and 50th 4 times, her score will be "200", as 50 x 4 = 200

Simplez :)

There's no need to post on the thread, everyone will be included, probably people who don't even know about it !

It doesn't really matter, as Im gonna win anyway, unless Nova plays and is cute with me..

Hopefully interest will grow towards the end of the week as the competition hots up.

Remember - £10 to a charity of your choice is on my head each day, so fIll ya boots.

re-fyp - simples :-)