You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    The Tank ftw imo
  • edited January 2011
    Karluke and FINS the places
  • edited January 2011
    cannot believe i am saying this...

but..

SOLACK ftw!

2.shyboy
    3.scotty77

COME ON SOLLY TID!!
  • edited January 2011
    I peronsally see this as a very strong field.

My tricast would be:

1)  Solly
    2)  TheDart
    3)  Penguin

However I can honestly see at least dozen very strong contenders here.

GL to all
  • edited January 2011
    1. Penguin7
    2. Scotty77
    3. Fins/Solack

tough field for sure and i disagree with the chips deficit not being to bad eg. Shyboy will start with 75% more chips then scotty although still scotty's class can counteract that just gives shyboy extra life at the beginning so if he wants to be aggro why not.

Dont like concept that people start with different amounts, at most maybe half 5k starting and top half 10k but the scatters a bit silly. there could have been 10 points or less between 2 spaces and yet they still get 1k more

im sure it will be a good one anyways GL all
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders.:
    1. Penguin7 2. Scotty77 3. Fins/Solack tough field for sure and i disagree with the chips deficit not being to bad eg. Shyboy will start with 75% more chips then scotty although still scotty's class can counteract that just gives shyboy extra life at the beginning so if he wants to be aggro why not. Dont like concept that people start with different amounts, at most maybe half 5k starting and top half 10k but the scatters a bit silly. there could have been 10 points or less between 2 spaces and yet they still get 1k more im sure it will be a good one anyways GL all
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I agree. Im not going to critisie anyones game however ive played with Shy-Boy a number of times and compared to other names on that list i just cant see why people have him as highly rated. Maybe ive just seem him on off days, however i just think the likes of Scotty, Penguin, Fins, Solack, Sara36DD etc have to much ability and bad beat preventing should be able to at least final table 90% of the time.
  • edited January 2011
    Shy-Boy won more points than everybody else across the 3 month period, so he obviously knows what he's doing. Looking at my records I see I've played in 117 tournaments with him, he was a big winner over those and IMO he shouldn't be underestimated, particularly with a head start in chips. Shy-Boy is quite friendly at the tables and he's somebody I enjoy playing, so I hope he does well.
  • edited January 2011
    GL everyone, if I have to pick I think the top 3 will be
    Solack
    Shyboy
    Penguin7

xxx
  • edited January 2011
    Shy-Boy won more points than everybody else across the 3 month period, so he obviously knows what he's doing. Looking at my records I see I've played in 117 tournaments with him, he was a big winner over those and IMO he shouldn't be underestimated, particularly with a head start in chips. Shy-Boy is quite friendly at the tables and he's somebody I enjoy playing, so I hope he does well.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I disagree. There are many players on that list who I share a table with regularly and wonder how they ever have chips. A lot of players make money playing Sky mtt's with a terrible game.

Fwiw SB was -4 figs til he locked his stats. E iz nooo good. 

There are a few really good players in this 30 who I'd happily see in TSP, but the others would get ruined in the Cash 30 imo.
  • edited January 2011
    GL everyone, if I have to pick I think the top 3 will be Solack Shyboy Penguin7 xxx
    Posted by BananaDog
    the very best of luck julie .
    go get them girl .
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : I disagree. There are many players on that list who I share a table with regularly and wonder how they ever have chips. A lot of players make money playing Sky mtt's with a terrible game. Fwiw SB was -4 figs til he locked his stats. E iz nooo good.  There are a few really good players in this 30 who I'd happily see in TSP, but the others would get ruined in the Cash 30 imo.
    Posted by pryce6

I agree with this but didnt want to mention names etc. but i wont go into it further obviously as they still put the volume in and best of luck to them
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : I disagree. There are many players on that list who I share a table with regularly and wonder how they ever have chips. A lot of players make money playing Sky mtt's with a terrible game. Fwiw SB was -4 figs til he locked his stats. E iz nooo good.  There are a few really good players in this 30 who I'd happily see in TSP, but the others would get ruined in the Cash 30 imo.
    Posted by pryce6
    Fair enough, but the 117 MTT sample I have are all fairly recent, in those he has multiple final tables and a big positive ROI.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : Fair enough, but the 117 MTT sample I have are all fairly recent, in those he has multiple final tables and a big positive ROI.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Yea i dont think anyones saying hes not got a record but lets face it theres alot better on that list. I watched him in a deepstack. FT 6 players left 5 get paid. We're on the bubble. Your man min raised UTG folded to a min re-raise that put him all in, which anyone was doing if they were calling because it meant they where commited anyways. Hes BB next hand and goes out.

Oddest move ive ever seen in poker. Having said that maybe theres logic init,.
  • edited January 2011
    Some very good MTT players in this field but equally some VERY bad one's. This league shows how quantity can out-weigh quality. (The good reg MTT players will know who I mean).

I would like to see Scotty take it down but not sure if he has the patience in a structure like this.

other 2 picks would be Solack and Thetank
  • edited January 2011
    what is this tournament? when is it? can anyone enter?
  • edited January 2011
    what is this tournament? when is it? can anyone enter?
    Posted by Small_Dog
    you have to qualify ove r a 3 month period with league points.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : you have to qualify ove r a 3 month period with league points.
    Posted by The_Don90

very detailed explanation very impressed donny ;)

right small doggy as don has said its a league over 3 months, which the last one has just finished.

The top 30 for each dicipline eg. cash/MTT/ STT all get entry into a tournament . so for each dicipline there is a final and the top3 get onto team sky poker for 3 months, where they can earn additional rake &/or(im unsure) can play live events by being sponsored by sky. for full details have a look at promotions.

Kind regards
    John
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : very detailed explanation very impressed donny ;) right small doggy as don has said its a league over 3 months, which the last one has just finished. The top 30 for each dicipline eg. cash/MTT/ STT all get entry into a tournament . so for each dicipline there is a final and the top3 get onto team sky poker for 3 months, where they can earn additional rake &/or(im unsure) can play live events by being sponsored by sky. for full details have a look at promotions. Kind regards John
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thanks a lot young gun and don
  • edited January 2011
    Some very good MTT players in this field but equally some VERY bad one's. This league shows how quantity can out-weigh quality. (The good reg MTT players will know who I mean). I would like to see Scotty take it down but not sure if he has the patience in a structure like this. other 2 picks would be Solack and Thetank
    Posted by FlashFlush

I need a double up by level 7!

If I don't get one by that level, then yes the patience will go out of the window :o)

weeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by pryce6

I agree with this tbf.

Only half a dozen from the MTT list would have any kind of decent chance in the cash one.

Same goes for STT players.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : I agree with this tbf. Only half a dozen from the MTT list would have any kind of decent chance in the cash one. Same goes for STT players.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1
  • edited January 2011

my view is like this

1   given that the top cash players are, as a group, better than the top mtt players
    2   if top cash players played top mtt players at cash tables the cash players would win
    3   if top cash players played top mtt players in a mtt the cash players might not win
    4   then, one cash player playing in a mtt full of mtt players would probably fail
    5   however, one mtt player in a mtt full of cash players would still have a reasonable chance

sort of two-thirds full, one third empty view.  after all, we are all playing an mtt.  it is similar to expecting andy murray to play as well on clay courts as he does on grass.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : Fair enough, but the 117 MTT sample I have are all fairly recent, in those he has multiple final tables and a big positive ROI.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    100 MTTs is not a very big sample size, tournaments are high variance. One win can make 120 other results meaningless instantly.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : 100 MTTs is not a very big sample size, tournaments are high variance. One win can make 120 other results meaningless instantly.
    Posted by beaneh
    beanehsharkscopegraph.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : beanehsharkscopegraph.jpg
    Posted by scotty77

:Wave:

Coxys graph vs mine is just mighta aswell stab myself in the eyes a;lskdjf;lkasjdfasdfasdf
  • edited January 2011
    Penguin7
    THETANK
    Solack

:-)
  • edited January 2011

or seeing if tony mccoy can win the derby, ot dettori the grand national.

anyway scotty77 is the perfect cross-over

• edited January 2011
    or seeing if tony mccoy can win the derby, ot dettori the grand national. anyway scotty77 is the perfect crossdresser
    Posted by aussie09

FYP :))
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : FYP :))
    Posted by MAXALLY

This is exactly what I came to write!!! :D
  • edited January 2011
    or seeing if tony mccoy can win the derby, ot dettori the grand national. anyway scotty77 is the perfect cross-over
    Posted by aussie09
    Exactly, most of the cash 30 could be considered amongst the best mtt players on the site. Most of the mtt 30 would get nowhere near the best cash players on the site.

This list is all about volume, which is fair enough. It's just a shame that it's impacted upon the quality of the field. 

I have to be shy about mentioning names. But I've kept a tally, and if some players make it to TSP I may cry, bar nothing.