You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders.:
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : Exactly, most of the cash 30 could be considered amongst the best mtt players on the site. Most of the mtt 30 would get nowhere near the best cash players on the site. This list is all about volume, which is fair enough. It's just a shame that it's impacted upon the quality of the field.  I have to be shy  about mentioning names. But I've kept a tally , and if some players make it to TSP I may cry, bar nothing. 
    Posted by pryce6
    LOL!!

TBF to them though, getting up there they have played alot like you said, and for an MTT TSP player they will need to play  A LOT of MTT's to make the 'sponsorship' worth while. So although I totally agree with what your saying, if you look at it another way is it better to have a poor player in regular tournies with the chance of improving, or a good MTT who has to save up 3 month just to play the DTD300??
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for all the tips, but stop now, its making me nervous.

I think the TSP promotion is the best thing SkyPoker have come up with.  I read the T&Cs at the start, and at a time when I was starting to play more cash, I decided to concentrate on MTT to try and get as high up the leaderboard as possible.  I had a fantastic October, and pretty much ensured a top ten place and have coasred ever since, apart from a last ditch spurt to get an extra 1000 starting chips which paid off.  I think that all that have qualified deserve their place, you don't get points for just playing - you need to finish in the top 10% of the field in most cases to get any points.

Please support all the players who have qualified for the three finals, there is no need for attacks on the playing syles of different players.

Peace and love, and good luck to all.

Solly
  • edited January 2011
    SoLacks a massive fish and if he is a member of TSP I think I might jump off a bridge

:op
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : LOL!!  TBF to them though, getting up there they have played alot like you said, and for an MTT TSP player they will need to play  A LOT of MTT's to make the 'sponsorship' worth while. So although I totally agree with what your saying, if you look at it another way is it better to have a poor player in regular tournies with the chance of improving, or a good MTT who has to save up 3 month just to play the DTD300??
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well that's where the system is a bit flawed. If you are getting that much of an incentive for cash4points it's better to start grinding cash - which doesn't make sense if you're soley an mtt player.

It's obviously difficult to balance for sky, they want people to play loads, but they also want quality players to sponsor. It's a great project and really interesting don't get me wrong, but there's surely a better way to pick a player to sponsor. This way someone could play 30 tourneys a day, make a loss, and luckbox a 30-man sng and suddenly be 'sponsored'.

I'd rather they picked a tournament player based on quality and results - and gtd them a set amount of live tourneys as reward (as long as they played a decent amount).
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : Well that's where the system is a bit flawed. If you are getting that much of an incentive for cash4points it's better to start grinding cash - which doesn't make sense if you're soley an mtt player. It's obviously difficult to balance for sky, they want people to play loads, but they also want quality players to sponsor. It's a great project and really interesting don't get me wrong, but there's surely a better way to pick a player to sponsor. This way someone could play 30 tourneys a day, make a loss, and luckbox a 30-man sng and suddenly be 'sponsored'. I'd rather they picked a tournament player based on quality and results - and gtd them a set amount of live tourneys as reward (as long as they played a decent amount).
    Posted by pryce6
    They do, it's called Total Player ... They want to get as many big names out there in their merchandise but need to come up with different formats.

IMO  They have got it right... Insentive to grind and earn rake, those people get a shot in the MTT, they have made the structure SOOOOO long that there will be alot of skill involved. They also only give 3 month contracts, so if anyone doesn't cut the mustard or earn enough rake they can ditch them.
  • edited January 2011
    Next 3 tournies, you could mix up the 90 people into 3 x 30 man MTT's, rather than doing it under banners of type of rake paid as it were?
  • edited January 2011
    Make me proud Scotty..... Do em'
  • edited January 2011
    Firstly, I don't see why people are taking cheap shots at some of the players in this list! EVERY one of them deserves their place imo and the very best of luck to all of them!

There are some very good players here and to choose just three is rather difficult, to say the very least!

Looking at the structure and stacks, I'll go for....

1. SoLack - Has the game and the patience and will be very difficult to beat
    2. THETANK - Solid, doesn't make many mistakes and is usually there or thereabouts
    3. eatmyset - Sits quietly accumulating chips without anyone noticing, ideal in this structure

Of course, there are plenty more. Penguin7 is a match for anyone IF he is back on song. FINS would be a shoe in if only his luck would hold up at the critical times (sigh!). And, if the wind is blowing in the right direction and the forces of Morhdorh are on the rise, then it'll be a heads up battle between Scotty77 & Sara36dd08! Both great uber-aggro fruit-cakes who will take some stopping if they get on a roll!

Best of luck to all of you, it should be a fascinating contest! ;)

Chris
  • edited January 2011
    Scotty77 & Sara36dd08! Both great uber-aggro fruit-cakes

just so we're clear, I'm the uber agrro....the other player is the fruit cake...amoungst other things
  • edited January 2011
    I'd rather they picked a tournament player based on quality and results - and gtd them a set amount of live tourneys as reward (as long as they played a decent amount).
    Posted by pryce6

This is a promotion. into which SkyPoker are investing a chunk of money.
    For that, they want to see a return...... which is the extra rake generated by players trying to get in the top 30 / get up the leaderboard for more chips in the final tourney.

For sure we can point out flaws in the concept, but it is a good promo IMO, and one that has benefits for both sides.

As for who will do well in this final, I don't know too many of the runners but will go for :

SHY-BOY (Chip Leader obv)
    SoLack (Good, Solid Game)
    EatMySet (Seems the patient type to do well in this format)

GL to all.

• edited January 2011
    is this a totally new league, where are the likes of Glitter, Ljames, LOL ?
    are they still part of TSP ?
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders.:
    Next 3 tournies, you could mix up the 90 people into 3 x 30 man MTT's, rather than doing it under banners of type of rake paid as it were?
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeah I think one tourney would be better. 

In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : This is a promotion. into which SkyPoker are investing a chunk of money. For that, they want to see a return...... which is the extra rake generated by players trying to get in the top 30 / get up the leaderboard for more chips in the final tourney. For sure we can point out flaws in the concept, but it is a good promo IMO, and one that has benefits for both sides. 
    Posted by jakally

Yeah I agree it's a good promotion and very interesting. I just think it needs modifying for the mtt area. I know Sky need more rake but I just think more of a balance can be found. I guess it depends what kind of player they want to sponsor - either someone really good who's going to attract people to the site - or someone not so good...where people might think "wow so anyone can get sponsored on sky, guess I'll give it a go".

Imo it's just about finding the balance between volume and skill. I just looked at this list and largely thought oh dear.

• edited January 2011
    is this a totally new league, where are the likes of Glitter, Ljames, LOL ? are they still part of TSP ?
    Posted by PUCPOUND

They didn't make the top 30............. obviously they are not as good as everyone thought... :)

• edited January 2011
    [QUOTE I guess it depends what kind of player they want to sponsor - either someone really good who's going to attract people to the site - or someone not so good...where people might think "wow so anyone can get sponsored on sky, guess I'll give it a go". 
    Posted by pryce6

This  is a good point.

If TSP ended up with 2 or 3 20 - 30 y-o full time grinders, it may not add anything in terms of marketing the site.

If this promo threw up a 50 - 65 y-o guy who is relatively new to the game, and a mum of 2 young kids then it opens up a lot of different possibilities.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : They didn't make the top 30............. obviously they are not as good as everyone thought... :)
    Posted by jakally
    no m8, all four finished in top 20 cash players yet gave up their places to 31-34 in that list

• edited January 2011
    Should be a great tournament.

I initially decided to qualify for the STT final and put in hours of DYMs including many PLO8s. But a few good MTT results gave me the chance of a bigger starting stack in this. Now I wish I had focused on tournies from the start and made it higher up.

I ended up in top 30 in both,and looking at the fields I may have been better off with 5000 chips in the STT than 7000 in this !

As Diggerman mentioned a lot depends if I am on song on the night. My game is so inconsistent lately, sometimes I havent a clue in the early stages of a tourny, and end up getting to the business end so short, I need to win flips to survive !

But it has been coming together more often lately and confidence is so important.

A few to watch:

THE TANK - very consistent and I think underated by many. Will be around at the end.

SOLACK - another one who is always there or thereabouts, has a lot more than ABC in his game,

SCOTTY77 - guaranteed fire works if he is on my table, he brings out the best or worst in me, I just hope I meet him before he doubles up.

FINS- love to see this guy do well in something like this.

Good luck all

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : no m8, all four finished in top 20 cash players yet gave up their places to 31-34 in that list
    Posted by aussie09
    Should try to make my attempts at humour a bit more obvious.....

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : Should try to make my attempts at humour a bit more obvious.....
    Posted by jakally

haha thats quite a good one ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The TSP MTT Final - Runners & Riders. : Should try to make my attempts at humour a bit more obvious.....
    Posted by jakally
    yes, and i will now have to over-estimate my under-estimation of your literary talent.  sorry.

• edited January 2011
    I have played against most of these players on numerous occasions over the last year or so, my top 3 in no particular order :)

1. Robbo629
    2. Crazykaron
    3. Spam600

What do you reckon folks am i on a winner ???????
  • edited January 2011
    Scotty77 & Sara36dd08! Both great uber-aggro fruit-cakes just so we're clear, I'm the uber agrro....the other player is the fruit cake...amoungst other things
    Posted by scotty77

Saaaaaa-raaaaaaa's guunnnnnnna geeeeeeet ya lol ;o)

xx

• edited January 2011

hi just to say good luck to all playing tonite
  • edited January 2011

Good luck to everyone playing this tonight, may the best man/women win!!!! Good luck all

GB

• edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    out 20th.  gl guys.

was very up and down.  was down to 1.2k thanks to a 3out river then all the way upto 13k until another river.

see you in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    out 20th.  gl guys. was very up and down.  was down to 1.2k thanks to a 3out river then all the way upto 13k until another river. see you in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by scotty77
    ffs run better
  • edited January 2011

A good game, eyes was on 2nd for me. Looks like I got lucky. Not sure what this means now.

• edited January 2011
    A good game, eyes was on 2nd for me. Looks like I got lucky. Not sure what this means now.
    Posted by SolidStan1

why 2nd the 1st prize is worth 10k  lol ?
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by SolidStan1
    WATCH A REG NIT

GRIND THE CASH BY FOLLOWING THEIR STYLE

PROFITTTTTTTTTT

(i want 10pc)

well done mate and seriously winning was better than 2nd
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Ask Sky if you can sell to me for lotsa monies :)