You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site Problems Friday 2030 - Please do not flood forum

Comments

• edited January 2011

To me asking for my money back is begging, I'll never do it - It's obviously an innocent error, nobody means it to happen, but it happens soooooooo often, that obviously someone isn't doing their job properly. 

Is that not a fair conclusion?

I was 3 handed in a 5 pound sit and go, with 1 short stack, an average stack, and I was chip leader with the average stack around 40 big blinds.

When I returned, I was the small stack, and the blinds were at shove/fold, I had 11 bigs.

We're talking £25, which is so d all......

But that realllllllllllllllly isn'y the point..........

I aint gonna go asking for my 5r back obv, what I would like to ask though, is that they stop it happening!!!! -And if the current staff can't make that happen - employ some that can.

It's ridic.
  • edited January 2011
    IMHO there should be a standard response to these problems. Return of entry fee as a minimum.
    Basically we pay Sky to provide a service and if they fail they should not profit by it. They should not break even either.

I'm not knocking Sky as I think the site is great BUT there should be accountability in these dealings just as there would be if we were all face to face.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Site Problems Friday 2030 - Please do not flood forum:
    In Response to Re: Site Problems Friday 2030 - Please do not flood forum : I hope when you contact customer care you dont call them that or I would say that your chance of getting a refund IS zero.  When I worked for a call centre people who swore at us always got put to the back of the refunds queue. Politeness costs nothing.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    i'm not even attempting to get in touch, no point! cheers sky!!
  • edited January 2011
    Not good enough Sky.

It's around an hour since the £6k rebuy game went down - it's obviously now working for some.
    Looking at tourney lobby, I've just been blinded out from around 1500 chips.

Customer services just disconnects when you try ringing - would a recorded message be too much trouble if they're getting too many calls?

If I wanted to watch a screen full of nothing, I'd go downstairs and watch tv with the missus.

• edited January 2011
    Im pretty damn peed off...

I was playing satellite in to SPT Semi Final...got to Final 4 in 1st place...Top 3 gets seats.....Site crashes and I come back now to see Im out in 4th!!! Unreal......Decided to buy in to it now so hopefully karma comes round and gets me a seat! But really not happy about this....All customers service said was they have no details on the problem on the site!!
  • edited January 2011
    Yes the brief hiatus does not seem to affect everyone the same ! I was running 4/20 in the 7.15 £22 deepie when it all fell apart. Then the decision has to be made whether to try to get back on on the non download side or just wait, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the download version to get back on. And found myself in 12th place and way off the pace.

I think I am justified in asking for a refund of my entry fee but would suggest that it is best done by email. From previous experience it takes time but does come.

It is so frustrating from a purely poker point of view to have played well for an hour and a half in a tournament then see it all wasted. I was confident that the new downloadable would solve these problems but now am not so sure.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Site Problems Friday 2030 - Please do not flood forum : i'm not even attempting to get in touch, no point! cheers sky!!
    Posted by waller02
    I was lucky enough to get through to someone on the online chat but after asking 3 questions & getting the same pre typed response 3 times I gave up.

I appreciate that CC have a difficult job sometimes but they also really don't help themselves sometimes either.
  • edited January 2011
    FOR NEWBIES!!!

Please understand is that EVERYONE is trying to get to Customer Care at the moment...They know what is going on and you will get a refund!!! (Unless your JJ and can't be bothered asking obv.) I would suggest waiting till all of the 442nd in queue people are done and try later on tonight or tomorrow...

Sky are not theives and will not take your money...all tourney entries have always been refunded in the whole time I've played at Sky, and will continue to do so under these circumstances..it just makes good business sense!!

Keep Calm Carry On & GL when you get back online

xx
  • edited January 2011
    Yes the brief hiatus does not seem to affect everyone the same ! I was running 4/20 in the 7.15 £22 deepie when it all fell apart. Then the decision has to be made whether to try to get back on on the non download side or just wait, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the download version to get back on. And found myself in 12th place and way off the pace. I think I am justified in asking for a refund of my entry fee but would suggest that it is best done by email. From previous experience it takes time but does come. It is so frustrating from a purely poker point of view to have played well for an hour and a half in a tournament then see it all wasted. I was confident that the new downloadable would solve these problems but now am not so sure.
    Posted by penguin7
     I get nothing but trouble with the new so called download, if I log out, it won't open again till I reboot, which I can't do when I am also playing on a proper site with a download that actually works--- I'm thinking of giving up this flopwit site altogether--- it's only lucky777777 that keeps me coming back
  • edited January 2011
    On the upside over 6000 people online!!! WOW! And im only 42 in the queue now. Trevor Harris was 33rd.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    YES, but MOSES is still only 3rd.
  • edited January 2011
    If only I had a BR like DOHHHHHHHHHHHH! I wouldn't be bothered about a refund either! lol

Going to log off now, may try CC again tomorrow when it's quieter
  • edited January 2011
    FOR NEWBIES!!! Please understand is that EVERYONE is trying to get to Customer Care at the moment...They know what is going on and you will get a refund!!! (Unless your JJ and can't be bothered asking obv.) I would suggest waiting till all of the 442nd in queue people are done and try later on tonight or tomorrow... Sky are not theives and will not take your money...all tourney entries have always been refunded in the whole time I've played at Sky, and will continue to do so under these circumstances..it just makes good business sense!! Keep Calm Carry On & GL when you get back online xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Post of the week:))
  • edited January 2011
    Awesome, Sky booted me out at 20:30 out of the £6000 rebuy by 21:40 and i haven't been able to play a hand, but I reckon that got me further than I would have anyway :D
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Site Problems Friday 2030 - Please do not flood forum : YES, but MOSES is still only 3rd.
    Posted by Red_King
    Who's first Methuselah.
  • edited January 2011
    To me asking for my money back is begging, I'll never do it - It's obviously an innocent error, nobody means it to happen, but it happens soooooooo often, that obviously someone isn't doing their job properly.  Is that not a fair conclusion? I was 3 handed in a 5 pound sit and go, with 1 short stack, an average stack, and I was chip leader with the average stack around 40 big blinds. When I returned, I was the small stack, and the blinds were at shove/fold, I had 11 bigs. We're talking £25, which is so d all...... But that realllllllllllllllly isn'y the point.......... I aint gonna go asking for my 5r back obv, what I would like to ask though, is that they stop it happening!!!! -And if the current staff can't make that happen - employ some that can. It's ridic.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Where's the line then?

If i'm in 5 x £11 dyms? Should I ask for my £55 back?

tbh, i don't mind losing the £50 that much, i'm sure at times in the past other people discon has made me money, so swings n roundabouts n all that.

But the £5 rake iv paid, which is what Sky charge for providing a service that is far below scratch, i want back!
  • edited January 2011
    30 MINS TOOK ME TO GET BACK IN, SORT STACK 1 BET AND I CAN`T GET BUY-IN BACK, IN THOSE 30 MINS I LOST 80 PERCENT OFF STACK BECAUSE PLAYERS STILL IN
  • edited January 2011

The line is, the bottom line.

Stop it happening.

• edited January 2011
    even i went on tilt and that takes some doing oh well to infinity and beyond
  • edited January 2011
    whenever i believe that Sky are at fault, I always ask for my money back.

it does take some persistence (well like 3/4 emails) but I have always got my money back.  this has added up to well over £300 over the last couple of years

anyone who doesn't do the same is a bit of an idiot IMO.    Takes 2 mins max per email.

the reason why Sky get away with not auto-refunding people, which they should be doing as most other poker sites do that, is because people are so lazy and apathetic and think 'oh well its only a tenner i wouldn't have cashed anyway'.

tonights issue didn't affect me much, I was back on the tables within 10 mins.  however I was one of the lucky ones and I suggest that if you had your tournie severly affected by this then email Sky and get your money baclk
  • edited January 2011
    Sky shares are up 15 points on the NIKKei
  • edited January 2011
    Sky.

The "poundland" of online poker.
  • edited January 2011
    The annoying thing is, I can watch every table in the 6k rebuy except the one I'm on.
  • edited January 2011
    The annoying thing is, I can watch every table in the 6k rebuy except the one I'm on.
    Posted by _HARPO_
    This was a problem for me too. How is it possible to observe another table in your tourny but not be able to load your own table?

Answers on a postcard
  • edited January 2011
    well i was in a 2.40 bounty hunter multi torny took me half hour to get on it.... then got past first brake(sitting in first place) got booted took anther 20mins to get bk on....LUCKLY only dropped to 4th place, with my blood boiling that not ever1 was booted and i cant even get though on chat or reload..........i ended up taken 1ST PLACE.......THANKYOU SKY :)    :)
  • edited January 2011
    I couldn't get on a table tonight either -  the tech support number which flashes up under the error message saying Sky Poker is not available either does not exist or perhaps has been cut off as I got the operator saying I'd dialed a wrong number so I rang the customer support number.
    They said it was a fault with the download version, I told them i was using a browse
    r, which one they asked - firefox chrome IE safari - pick one I said they all don't work - it's a problem with your version of adobe flash they said, I told them that was updated this morning and I'd played since then  - well then everyone else is back on now so it's a fault with your computer they said.....that took 45 mins and then I was told not to log on until I was out of the freeroll...now - is it me or does anyone else smell something funny here and that is what annoys me - being told it's my fault when it's obviously not. Honesty goes along way Sky.....
  • edited January 2011
    I couldn't get on a table tonight either -  the tech support number which flashes up under the error message saying Sky Poker is not available either does not exist or perhaps has been cut off as I got the operator saying I'd dialed a wrong number so I rang the customer support number. They said it was a fault with the download version, I told them i was using a browse r, which one they asked - firefox chrome IE safari - pick one I said they all don't work - it's a problem with your version of adobe flash they said, I told them that was updated this morning and I'd played since then  - well then everyone else is back on now so it's a fault with your computer they said.....that took 45 mins and then I was told not to log on until I was out of the freeroll...now - is it me or does anyone else smellsomething funny here and that is what annoys me - being told it's my fault when it's obviously not. Honesty goes along way Sky.....
    Posted by SUPERNOVA
    WHEN I SPOKE TO C/CARE THEY COULD NOT EVEN GET INTO IT , TOO CHECK
  • edited January 2011
    Supernova Sky are ridic when it comes to accepting responsibility.

They never ever ever do and everything is always a problem at your end even when it affects the whole site at once.
  • edited January 2011
    I phoned and got through str8 away,   they sorted all of my problems and said sorry,    I think you lot should storm the building.

Dont hurt tikay tho

peter
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011

got to say ty to sky ive had alot of probs with my download version and they have give me my money back from that and also a good will credit so fair play to them as they didnt have to do it
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Site Problems Friday 2030 - Please do not flood forum : Bit strong bud,   Me personaly    I would rather lose 10/20 quid than someone losing there job, Saint Peter  :)
    Posted by NODEAL
    Not too strong at all. The people who run the site and CC are an absolute fccking joke.

I have not deposited any funds on here since the end of November. This action was taken in protest at some of us getting "tourney tokens" and some not. Very unfair. (imo) I even got bumped out of a TSP Classic entry which I won in December. (contacted CC, who were going to look into it) (LOL).

Have only been playing in freerolls since then, but tbh have been enjoying them. The general standard of play has been improving in these games. (again imo)

Freeroll tonight was bit of a disaster though... "The Superstamp, £500 worth of free bets to be won" job.
     1500 runners, seemed to take a long time to load....had lost a bb and a sb by the time it loaded...no problem....then the game crashed, error message on screen a phone number to call that is broken!?!?

Tried reloading, disconnecting, the download version....all to no avail.

Try on-line chat (massive lol) at 3rd attempt after TWICE waiting ages just to get a "we are having technical problems we are aware of blah blah blah" message, I chat with someone.
     Explained that I was unable to get into this freeroll after it crashed. (despite several attempts)

Blinded out by now (finished 500th out of 1500 woo-hoo) without playing a hand.

On line chat seemed more interested in my web browser?

Tried to explain that I never have this problem on any of the proper sites and that I was already OUT of this tournament, was just enquiring if this tourney would be replayed as it was clear lots of people were having or continuing to have a problem participating.

"You will be refunded" mmmm. Had already stated it was a freeroll, so you will have gathered that the lady was not the brightest of people.

"There is nothing to refund you". I kinda guessed that, but just wanted to say I felt that is was unfair that a small amount of the field would win the prizes between them in a favourable position (with lots of us unable to play)

Had to give up in the end..........

Sky........the Poundland of Online Poker. 
    Too many cliques and too much ignorance displayed to way too many of its customers.

I still LOVE watching 865, but I now only use SkyPoker to catch up with my friends on the community pages and play freerolls (which I enjoy, but rarely played when I was funding on here). Thankfully my money is welcomed at PaddyPower, 888 and Pokerstars.

Rant over.

emilyegg