You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD?:
    to be fair, we all know what the rake is and we all still play them, there are far worse problems than %rake. if you think the amount you pay on dym is bad go jump on a 25/50 hu cash game it would make "them" jump back into your stomach. if you dont like paying it dont play, if you think it is morally wrong dont play and if you are  a winning player you wont care!!
    Posted by pod1
    I believe that many players at the micro levels will be new and will be oblivious to the fact that they are being charged a higher percentage rake to play the exact same format of game that a higher level player has to pay.

I would also imagine that if they become aware of this they would be none too pleased and if they are sensible would take their business elsewhere.
  • edited February 2011
    Lat time I looked, and admittedly it was some time ago,  no one was holding a gun to my head, screaming in my ear "YOU WILL PLAY SKY POKER"

We play here because we want to.  If you're not happy with some aspects of the site there is an entire thread devoted to your opinions.  "Community Suggestions"

At the end of the day the benefits and fun you get from playing this site far outway a few % points of rake that may be charged.

• edited February 2011
    i play poker in a few pubs during the week dartootin and i class the beer as rake, some pubs charge  £2.50 some £2.90. i go there to play poker , the extra couple of quid really doesnt put me off playing poker there ,it makes me more determined to win!!
  • edited February 2011
    Whas more important some silly petty 5% commission give sky extra for rake OR the fact that you cannot unregister from tourneys and not be credited the cash and forfeit the game entirely.???

Nice freindly site and I know it was /is the best one going so far in the uk ,but as a level I think they are way off par given the fact if u unregister from tournaments you forfeit the seat regardless ,no credits ...

One would imagine if they cut down on freebies and marketing promos and freerolls ,they wouldnt ave to increase the RAKE.

On a side note I just looked at phil12uk stats on sharkscope ,..very impressive lol..   gl skypoker
  • edited February 2011
    i play poker in a few pubs during the week dartootin and i class the beer as rake, some pubs charge  £2.50 some £2.90. i go there to play poker , the extra couple of quid really doesnt put me off playing poker there ,it makes me more determined to win!!
    Posted by pod1
    lol
  • edited February 2011
    thats because he is VERY good and VERY lucky lol
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : To be fair sky have been pretty good to you after your outburst on the rail during last weeks vegas final. I was sure you would get banned.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    for sure i agree, but poker is full of passion and i am the out spoken sort of person, not that it makes my outbust right, i was well and truely out of order
  • edited February 2011
    Hmmmmm I tend to give these discussions a wide berth..however...

The amount of time it takes to play a micro DYM and a medium DYM is pretty much the same right...therefore if you look on rake as a site rent charge..why should the micro's play for the same amount of time as the mid players but pay much less...

Think it though...

Thoughts...

xx

• edited February 2011
    Hmmmmm I tend to give these discussions a wide berth..however... The amount of time it takes to play a micro DYM and a medium DYM is pretty much the same right...therefore if you look on rake as a site rent charge..why should the micro's play for the same amount of time as the mid players but pay much less... Think it though... Thoughts... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
     Because it is in sky pokers interest that they are able to build a bankroll to play bigger games with innit?

And because it is in sky's interest that they do not go elsewhere because the rake is only 10% on other sites innit?
  • edited February 2011
    Hmmmmm I tend to give these discussions a wide berth..however... The amount of time it takes to play a micro DYM and a medium DYM is pretty much the same right...therefore if you look on rake as a site rent charge..why should the micro's play for the same amount of time as the mid players but pay much less... Think it though... Thoughts... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    This is a joke, right? By this logic then surely someone playing a $5.50 stt is is being hard done by as someone playing a $5.50 mtt is getting much more value for his/her 50p as the mtt could go on for hours. Maybe Sky should charge rake on an mtt by the hour. Just lol.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? :  Because it is in sky pokers interest that they are able to build a bankroll to play bigger games with innit?  And because it is in sky's interest that they do not go elsewhere because the rake is only 10% on other sites innit?
    Posted by oynutter
    But having 2p less charge isn't going to make you a better player...to build a bankroll from micro's up you need to beat the micro players...not the extra 2p rake...

If you went to the sports hall and said i'm rubbish at badminton so I shouild play half of what better players pay they'd laugh at you...

xx

• edited February 2011
    i reckon theres 3-4 times more low stakes stt's running than mid-high. as a business they probably saw a great opportunity to make alot of money from it. 

first the priority club, now this. wind yer necks in :) low stakes players get chances daily to win free tourny entries via forum comps, last longers etc/ something mid-high stakes players have no interest in, i play occasionally just for the fun (or to win santas sack entry, teehee) but give it a rest, you ask for more free-rolls, you get em, bigger ones, you get em, forum comps, you get em, prizes, you get em. 

* puts tin hat on *
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : This is a joke, right? By this logic then surely someone playing a $5.50 stt is is being hard done by as someone playing a $5.50 mtt is getting much more value for his/her 50p as the mtt could go on for hours. Maybe Sky should charge rake on an mtt by the hour. Just lol.
    Posted by Darntootin
    Different formats Toon..you're comparing apples and oranges...stt v mtt is not what i was talking about

mtt v mtt
    stt v stt
    dym v dym

at any level take the same amount of play time-ish right...(runner dependent obv.)

but the higher BI's pay higher £ rake and the smaller bi's pay a smaller £ rake - but a slightly higher % rake which at true micro's reps about 2-5p...both take the same amount of time..so proportionally speaking...the 'hire' rate should be and is representative...

xx
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : But having 2p less charge isn't going to make you a better player...to build a bankroll from micro's up you need to beat the micro players...not the extra 2p rake... If you went to the sports hall and said i'm rubbish at badminton so I shouild play half of what better players pay they'd laugh at you... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    And if you went to a sports hall with someone and they said it's £3.50 for your partner to play but it will cost you £3.70 you would laugh at them and walk out.
  • edited February 2011
    There is no point in anyone trying to defend sky here.

It's wrong, full stop - there is no justifying what they are doing.

It's also tuff ti tties - Coz it aint gonna change.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : And if you went to a sports hall with someone and they said it's £3.50 for your partner to play but it will cost you £3.70 you would laugh at them and walk out.
    Posted by Darntootin
    Not if they were playing a different game....

• edited February 2011
    There is no point in anyone trying to defend sky here. It's wrong, full stop - there is no justifying what they are doing. It's also tuff ti tties - Coz it aint gonna change.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Correct, correct and correct.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : Not if they were playing a different game....
    Posted by TRIP5
    So you are saying if you are playing a dym and i am regardless of buy-in we should pay the same rake?£100- £10 rake 25p-£10 rake
  • edited February 2011
    Rake is daft on low stakes games, thats why i dont play them, but then again sky dont really make much at this level, 6 times 5p for a 25p game is only 30p, but in the long term these games are only run to get players hooked at the start with there £5 initial minimum payment! As for the forum, yep its gone seriously downhill.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : So you are saying if you are playing a dym and i am regardless of buy-in we should pay the same rake?£100- £10 rake 25p-£10 rake
    Posted by belsibub
    LOL Bells...no, that's not what I'm saying...still would be interesting to see how the micro's dealt with a 25p + £20.00 rake dym ;oD

It like internet v live poker...different games
    micro's v nosebleeds....different games

xx

• edited February 2011
    I take it no-one is going to argue with my point in question?

if this was the 2 plus 2 forums and fulltilt poker forum the mods would have a field day"!......Ohh not forgetting the many many people that disagree wit  the half truths...

Every post I have written on the 2plus2 poker forums seems to be knocked back by stiff rednecks who have no idea about what anything is ...Im so glad this forum and the many players within it at least have some sense of passion and quality about the threads that are talked about.

Sky poker Has been the most profitable site ive ever played on in terms of monatary value ,It has Its unique set of regular players and Although you dont get to play many top name professional players here the standard is preety much top notch,...Although players like me tend to go for the runner runner bad beats it does not detract the general standard of the play ie donks sucking out etc ..

For me I have had the opportunity to play some of the best players in the world over the years on all the sites including  ajkhoosier,phil helmuth, mike matusow, tiffany michelle, johhnybax, pearljammed ,ryanbluf ,all the other top regs on ap/ub fulltilt ..

Although Ive lost massively on those sites I gave everything to absolute poker and their staff treated me like crapp and told me their was nothing wrong with the games although I have hand history to prove it,..They also said they wanted 7k off me to show them why I said i was being cheated.....Anyway they closed my account and to this day I still believe the company should be investigated .

As for sky keep up the good work ,I knw the staff are helpful and polite and they work tirelessly to solve issues and fix problems unlike most other poker sites who dont have phone and customer support is useless.

Thats why sky in my opinion are rated atm no1 ! ...thats for u tikay if ure listenin,..xxx

• edited February 2011
    Rake is daft on low stakes games, thats why i dont play them, but then again sky dont really make much at this level, 6 times 5p for a 25p game is only 30p, but in the long term these games are only run to get players hooked at the start with there £5 initial minimum payment! As for the forum, yep its gone seriously downhill.
    Posted by loonytoons
    10's of thousands of low level and micro players on here as i said earlier the pennies soon add up.
  • edited February 2011
    I take it no-one is going to argue with my point in question?   if this was the 2 plus 2 forums and fulltilt poker forum the mods would have a field day"!......Ohh not forgetting the many many people that disagree wit  the half truths... Every post I have written on the 2plus2 poker forums seems to be knocked back by stiff rednecks who have no idea about what anything is ...Im so glad this forum and the many players within it at least have some sense of passion and quality about the threads that are talked about. Sky poker Has been the most profitable site ive ever played on in terms of monatary value ,It has Its unique set of regular players and Although you dont get to play many top name professional players here the standard is preety much top notch,...Although players like me tend to go for the runner runner bad beats it does not detract the general standard of the play ie donks sucking out etc .. For me I have had the opportunity to play some of the best players in the world over the years on all the sites including  ajkhoosier,phil helmuth, mike matusow, tiffany michelle, johhnybax, pearljammed ,ryanbluf ,all the other top regs on ap/ub fulltilt .. Although Ive lost massively on those sites I gave everything to absolute poker and their staff treated me like crapp and told me their was nothing wrong with the games although I have hand history to prove it,..They also said they wanted 7k off me to show them why I said i was being cheated.....Anyway they closed my account and to this day I still believe the company should be investigated . As for sky keep up the good work ,I knw the staff are helpful and polite and they work tirelessly to solve issues and fix problems unlike most other poker sites who dont have phone and customer support is useless. Thats why sky in my opinion are rated atm no1 ! ...thats for u tikay if ure listenin,..xxx
    Posted by AJW1976
    well said, cant agree more
  • edited February 2011
    Whas more important some silly petty 5% commission give sky extra for rake OR the fact that you cannot unregister from tourneys and not be credited the cash and forfeit the game entirely.??? Nice freindly site and I know it was /is the best one going so far in the uk ,but as a level I think they are way off par given the fact if u unregister from tournaments you forfeit the seat regardless ,no credits ... One would imagine if they cut down on freebies and marketing promos and freerolls ,they wouldnt ave to increase the RAKE. On a side note I just looked at phil12uk stats on sharkscope ,..very impressive lol..   gl skypoker
    Posted by AJW1976
    Do you mean on other sites? as you can de-register from mtts and stts on sky.
  • edited February 2011

Sky poker has the sexy LML..

End of discussion.

• edited February 2011
    Sky poker has the sexy LML.. End of discussion.
    Posted by Bobsicool3
    AGREED NUF SAID LOL
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by TRIP5
      +1  Absolutely spot on. The rake at a micro table is 30p compared to say 6 quid at a tenner dym, but it obviously costs Sky the same to run both tournies.
        And as has already been stated, we all know the charges for playing a particular game and decide for ourselves whether to play.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER GOOD OR BAD? : Do you mean on other sites? as you can de-register from mtts and stts on sky.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    "QUOTE! You can deregister from tourneys UNQUOTE.........

Absolutely TRUE you can deregister from the tourneys,....JUST DO NOT expect it to be credited back into your account like other sites do for EXAMPLE fulltilt poker.

It actually means your entry fee is disqualified or forfeited if you do not play .Im sure other sites this is acrrued back into account as means of unregistration., However some tourneys whereas sattlites incurr FACT that You have to play tournaments if by qualification by sattlite,And these will not be refunded or if unregistered from will not be allocated back to account.

I think Its a weird process for different situations ,But I think the majority know of what Im talking about.

However gl on the tables.xxx

• edited February 2011
    I still don't get what you are saying as everytime I have de registered from something the moneys gone straight back into my account............

Thanks for the xxxs tho ;))
  • edited February 2011
    I still don't get what you are saying as everytime I have de registered from something the moneys gone straight back into my account............ Thanks for the xxxs tho ;))
    Posted by donkeyplop
    He might be talking about sats though as the full price doesn't get credited...

xx