You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THAT blog........

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat

Good afternoon.

I've noticed a lot of questions directed at my failure to respond to all the "noise".

I was working for Sky Poker yesterday from 7am until 5pm in the office, sorting out urgent stuff, then I attended an important function in London from 7pm until 2am, representing Sky Poker. Today & tomorrow, I'm having a weekend off - my first in 4 months, so I'm going to DTD to play the £300, & chill.

So I'll answer all relevant questions as soon as I get back Online, tomorrow, assuming I get busted on Day One at DTD.

I'll answer them honestly, fully, & politely, as I always do. I hope you read them carefully. After someone Posted that "I hope someone from Sky has the decency to reply to the Denis thing" I did exactly that, as requested. However, it seems not to have been read properly. I invite you to re-visit it.

It simply stated that if anyone wants to be critical of Sky Poker, go ahead, they have always been allowed & even encouraged to state such views without Mod intervention. There are thousands of such Posts on the Community, go look. What they are not permitted to do, & will never be permitted to do, is suggest that Sky Poker "screwed" players, because that suggests dishonesty or skullduggery. It is also bad form to use such an expression in a Sky Poker hosted Blog, especially when I, & the Sky Poker Suits, are always, without exception, unfalingly polite. It cuts both ways.

That's all, no more, no less.

Denis has not been in any way censured, & he remains very welcome here, as are all Members of the Community. But he cannot say what he did & expect it to remain up. He has my phone number - we have had several chats in the past - & he can call me any time if he wants. He knows that. He can PM me, too, if he wishes, as he frequently does.

You can go into Sainsburys or Tescos & complain about the prices, but if you stand in the shop with a big banner that says "Sainsburys is screwing you guys" it aint gonna be allowed. It's just not! 

And from that action, somehow the jump was made to "Sky Poker Stalinism", & frequent Posts likening Sky Poker to 1930's fascism....... I'm afraid I won't be responding to any of that sort of stuff.

I hope Denis re-considers his decision, I really do. But he cannot use a Sky Poker Hosted Blog to say that "Sky Poker screws it's players", or even to suggest it is Bernie's fault. It has nothing to do with Bernie, for the record, he does not set the Fee Model, & never has.

That's not an acceptable statement, & I think almost everyone knows that.

That's all there is to it - no more, no less.

So, that's it, I'm heading north to Notts now, to play some pokerz. 

If you have any questions on the matter, I'll try to reply to them as soon as I get back Online. I'll swerve any which suggest Sky Poker acted like a 1930's German dictator, if you don't mind......

Just post them on this Thread, please, & I'll deal with them.

Thanks.

PS - Have a good weekend, all of you, & I hope you run well at the poker, wherever you choose to play it.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Chilling for the win Tikay, but please don't start me on fascist mods.......

Several people have commented that the forum has gone down the pan in recent times. I can't argue with them to be honest.......
  • edited February 2011
    goog luck tk at dtd
  • edited February 2011
    Excellent post.

Enjoy the 300 sir and GL.
  • edited February 2011
    o`k good luck and enjoy your weekend, my question is could someone not contact denis and ask him to edit certain parts off the post rather than delete without warning ??

edit, i know denis would have changed it, if he was asked to, if he didn`t then his irishravers pans would have been out again
  • edited February 2011
    spot on tikay ,i went to tescos last week with a banner ,saying they were screwing me over petrol prices ,then the cops turned up and batoned me ,and took away my banner :(   ,,,,count yourself lucky dennis :)
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck in the DTD 300 Sir - Take it down!!

It really isn't up to you to mediate in anything forum, it amazes me me the way you are always called into these disputes as if it were your duty to do so, I don't think you need to say anything that hasn't already been said.

Enjoy your weekend off and win that poker game!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to THAT blog........:
    Good afternoon. I've noticed a lot of questions directed at my failure to respond to all the "noise". I was working for Sky Poker yesterday from 7am until 5pm in the office, sorting out urgent stuff, then I attended an important function in London from 7pm until 2am, representing Sky Poker. Today & tomorrow, I'm having a weekend off - my first in 4 months, so I'm going to DTD to play the £300, & chill. So I'll answer all relevant questions as soon as I get back Online, tomorrow, assuming I get busted on Day One at DTD. I'll answer them honestly, fully, & politely, as I always do. I hope you read them carefully. After someone Posted that "I hope someone from Sky has the decency to reply to the Denis thing" I did exactly that, as requested. However, it seems not to have been read properly. I invite you to re-visit it. It simply stated that if anyone wants to be critical of Sky Poker, go ahead, they have always been allowed & even encouraged to state such views without Mod intervention. There are thousands of such Posts on the Community, go look. What they are not permitted to do, & will never be permitted to do, is suggest that Sky Poker "screwed" players, because that suggests dishonesty or skullduggery. It is also bad form to use such an expression in a Sky Poker hosted Blog, especially when I, & the Sky Poker Suits, are always, without exception, unfalingly polite. It cuts both ways. That's all, no more, no less. Denis has not been in any way censured, & he remains very welcome here, as are all Members of the Community. But he cannot say what he did & expect it to remain up. He has my phone number - we have had several chats in the past - & he can call me any time if he wants. He knows that. He can PM me, too, if he wishes, as he frequently does. You can go into Sainsburys or Tescos & complain about the prices, but if you stand in the shop with a big banner that says "Sainsburys is screwing you guys" it aint gonna be allowed. It's just not!  And from that action, somehow the jump was made to "Sky Poker Stalinism", & frequent Posts likening Sky Poker to 1930's fascism....... I'm afraid I won't be responding to any of that sort of stuff. I hope Denis re-considers his decision, I really do. But he cannot use a Sky Poker Hosted Blog to say that "Sky Poker screws it's players", or even to suggest it is Bernie's fault. It has nothing to do with Bernie, for the record, he does not set the Fee Model, & never has. That's not an acceptable statement, & I think almost everyone knows that. That's all there is to it - no more, no less. So, that's it, I'm heading north to Notts now, to play some pokerz.  If you have any questions on the matter, I'll try to reply to them as soon as I get back Online. I'll swerve any which suggest Sky Poker acted like a 1930's German dictator, if you don't mind...... Just post them on this Thread, please, & I'll deal with them. Thanks. PS - Have a good weekend, all of you, & I hope you run well at the poker, wherever you choose to play it.
    Posted by Tikay10

I WILL RESPOND TO  THIS SPIN LATER .

• edited February 2011
    WS...LOL....BREAKING NEWS....LOL....BREAKING NEWS.....LOL....BREAKIN

SEAMUS O`SPIDERMAN IN LUCKY777 STYLE TURNAROUND
  • edited February 2011

Hi Tk
    If Dennis wrote
    "To all new players please be aware that Sky Poker takes a larger rake on smaller buy in sit and goes ,upto 20% for 60p DYMs.
    Some people feel this is unfair."
    The blog would not have been removed?

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........:
    In Response to THAT blog........ : I WILL RESPOND TO  THIS SPIN LATER .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Denis all I can say is good to have you back Buddy hope it's not just a brief return
  • edited February 2011

This is my attempt at constuctive critism of the situation. I hope that the points raised by me here are understood and given credence to before being torn to shreds.

1. If the statement made was unacceptable by Sky Poker, then should they not allow the claimant some reasonable time to edit or remove the 'incorrect' line?

2. It appears from the outside looking in that Sky Poker came down like a 'ton of bricks' on this day in question by deleting the whole blog, coupled at the same time with closing/moving threads, which IMO escalated the situation and ended up with a very well respected member of the community ceasing to use the forum.

3. If (and this is a big if) it was say a statement from a high roller cash player, would it of been 'handled' differently? ie....a personnel phone call to alleviate the situation  before decisive action was taken.

4. ''Denis has not been in any way censured'' -Surely his blog post was censured completely by its removal?

In conclusion,
    and for the future, would it not be a sensible option for Sky Poker to have ALL blogs submitted to them before 'going to print' ?
    I know I will probably get some reaction to this post from all the pro Sky poker peeps  but I hope I have offered a balanced view of how I see the situation, and look forward to the reply from Tikay who unlike some will not just see this post as an anti Sky Poker post.
  • edited February 2011
    spot on tikay ,i went to tescos last week with a banner ,saying they were screwing me over petrol prices ,then the cops turned up and batoned me ,and took away my banner :(   ,,,,count yourself lucky dennis :)
    Posted by TENOFSPADE

Nothing to do with the banner Ten.....  ;o)  They just don't like you lol

• edited February 2011
    I think blogs are fantastic for the community and i hope that in future they are not stopped again, maybe in future be good if someone at sky can proof read it before it goes up? im sure denis would have changed it had he been asked
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Tikay, one of my blogs was edited by Sky Rich, a paragraph was removed and the rest of the blog remained untouched, why was Irishrover's treated differently?
  • edited February 2011
    I would suggest to both parties that if there's going to be discussion on this that has any chance  of ending well then it shouldn't take place on a public forum.
  • edited February 2011
    This is my attempt at constuctive critism of the situation. I hope that the points raised by me here are understood and given credence to before being torn to shreds. 1. If the statement made was unacceptable by Sky Poker, then should they not allow the claimant some reasonable time to edit or remove the 'incorrect' line? 2. It appears from the outside looking in that Sky Poker came down like a 'ton of bricks' on this day in question by deleting the whole blog, coupled at the same time with closing/moving threads, which IMO escalated the situation and ended up with a very well respected member of the community ceasing to use the forum. 3. If (and this is a big if) it was say a statement from a high roller cash player, would it of been 'handled' differently? ie....a personnel phone call to alleviate the situation  before decisive action was taken. 4. '' Denis has not been in any way censured'' - Surely his blog post was censured completely by its removal? In conclusion, and for the future, would it not be a sensible option for Sky Poker to have ALL blogs submitted to them before 'going to print' ? I know I will probably get some reaction to this post from all the pro Sky poker peeps  but I hope I have offered a balanced view of how I see the situation, and look forward to the reply from Tikay who unlike some will not just see this post as an anti Sky Poker post.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Censured and censored are two different things Max, don't know if he was censured but he was definately censored.

Was the censorship justified? I would have to say yes and no.

Yes because the points Tikay makes in his post above are quite valid.

No because (and I think this is what has upset most people) the blog suffered the ultimate form of censorship, being banned, when a simple rephrasing of the point Denis was making (that people are being charged a higher % of rake to play the same format of game depending on how much they pay is unfair in his opinion) is surely quite valid too, regardless of whether Sky want the topic to be discussed or not.
  • edited February 2011
    It's a private forum, on a public forum anyone can post, and say whatever they want to
  • edited February 2011
    It's a private forum, on a public forum anyone can post, and say whatever they want to
    Posted by oynutter

Actually Nutter I'm not sure if that's true anymore.  If you were to "Incite Racial Hatred" on a Public Forum that would not be allowed
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : Actually Nutter I'm not sure if that's true anymore.  If you were to "Incite Racial Hatred" on a Public Forum that would not be allowed
    Posted by JockBMW
    shut up you scottish person!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    TK can I have your phone number as well? I'm looking for an older man to take me out ;)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : shut up you scottish person!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by oynutter

English Nutter ;o)

• edited February 2011
    Very rarely can you say "whatever you want" (In my experience of forums). There's site rules, and even if something isn't specifically detailed in those rules the host can still do whatever they like. In the past I've heard people quote "freedom of speech bla bla bla" but that doesn't apply since we use the forum knowing and agreeing to accept the hosts' rules.

edit - I was replying to me olde nutter's post but forgot the quote bit

• edited February 2011
    Not really sure what Sky have got to apologise for here Annie....and if the truth be told, I think you are of the same thinking.

Any chance you might just be looking to stir it and start the aggro off?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : Censured and censored are two different things Max, don't know if he was censured but he was definately censored. Was the censorship justified? I would have to say yes and no. Yes because the points Tikay makes in his post above are quite valid. No because (and I think this is what has upset most people) the blog suffered the ultimate form of censorship, being banned, when a simple rephrasing of the point Denis was making (that people are being charged a higher % of rake to play the same format of game depending on how much they pay is unfair in his opinion) is surely quite valid too, regardless of whether Sky want the topic to be discussed or not.
    Posted by Darntootin

POTW

• edited February 2011
    Very rarely can you say "whatever you want" (In my experience of forums). There's site rules, and even if something isn't specifically detailed in those rules the host can still do whatever they like. In the past I've heard people quote "freedom of speech bla bla bla" but that doesn't apply since we use the forum knowing and agreeing to accept the hosts' rules. edit - I was replying to me olde nutter's post but forgot the quote bit
    Posted by NoseyBonk

I think that sums up the hierarchy of a "Forum" excellently.  However they do say that a picture paints a thousand words.  So I think this just about encapsulates all forums perfectly ;o)
  • edited February 2011

That blog ( not sure about the tone / maybe the denis blog

there was a guy behind it )

This was my 6th blog , all the other blogs were pro skypoker & from feedback it helped a lot

of new & regular skypoker punters .

A little bit of this 6th blog was in relation to rake .

Good afternoon.

Good afternoon to you to sir .

I've noticed a lot of questions directed at my failure to respond to all the "noise".

Noise or feedback depends on the listening ear ,

don't forget this noise is where skypoker  gets its money .

I was working for Sky Poker yesterday from 7am until 5pm in the office, sorting out urgent stuff, then I attended an important function in London from 7pm until 2am, representing Sky Poker. Today & tomorrow, I'm having a weekend off - my first in 4 months, so I'm going to DTD to play the £300, & chill.

Sorry in delayed response but was busy attending to 3 kids .

So I'll answer all relevant questions as soon as I get back Online, tomorrow, assuming I get busted on Day One at DTD.

I'll answer them honestly, fully, & politely, as I always do. I hope you read them carefully. After someone Posted that "I hope someone from Sky has the decency to reply to the Denis thing" I did exactly that, as requested. However, it seems not to have been read properly. I invite you to re-visit it.

Ty for that but the main issue was not addressed , so it was a waste really in my opinion .

It simply stated that if anyone wants to be critical of Sky Poker, go ahead, they have always been allowed & even encouraged to state such views without Mod intervention. There are thousands of such Posts on the Community, go look. What they are not permitted to do, & will never be permitted to do, is suggest that Sky Poker "screwed" players, because that suggests dishonesty or skullduggery. It is also bad form to use such an expression in a Sky Poker hosted Blog, especially when I, & the Sky Poker Suits, are always, without exception, unfalingly polite. It cuts both ways.

Once again  I was open to rewriting had I being asked , as far as the word screwed I feel you are using it out of context with the tone it was ment to be in blog .

But hence I never copied blog because I was led to believe by past forum bloggers ,

that one is contacted if editing needs doing .

That's all, no more, no less.

Denis has not been in any way censured, & he remains very welcome here, as are all Members of the Community. But he cannot say what he did & expect it to remain up. He has my phone number - we have had several chats in the past - & he can call me any time if he wants. He knows that. He can PM me, too, if he wishes, as he frequently does.

The blog was censured & deleted .

Yep we both have each others phone numbers ,

sky has my email address ,

I was on line in skypoker forum when above blog was pulled .

Communication works both ways .

I threaded that my 6th  blog  was up ,

because i was asked to do so by skypoker staff .

You can go into Sainsburys or Tescos & complain about the prices, but if you stand in the shop with a big banner that says "Sainsburys is screwing you guys" it ain't gonna be allowed. It's just not! 

But we all make mistakes just like your good self going on skypoker t.v complaining about peeps moaning in forum .

Same thing as a manger complaining in tesco's with a banner saying “ god I hate moaning customers “

And from that action, somehow the jump was made to "Sky Poker Stalinism", & frequent Posts likening Sky Poker to 1930's fascism....... I'm afraid I won't be responding to any of that sort of stuff.

I hope Denis re-considers his decision, I really do. But he cannot use a Sky Poker Hosted Blog to say that "Sky Poker screws it's players", or even to suggest it is Bernie's fault. It has nothing to do with Bernie, for the record, he does not set the Fee Model, & never has.

I believe bernie to be  the topman in skypoker ,

the topman is always answerable to the guys/gals that pay his wage .

That's not an acceptable statement, & I think almost everyone knows that.

The statement was that skypoker are screwing the low stake players with 20% rake .

You stand by this and accept this ,

yet the word screwing upsets you more .

That's all there is to it - no more, no less.

So, that's it, I'm heading north to Notts now, to play some pokerz. 

You start a thread like this called “ that Blog “

& then head north .

we are all busy peeps .

Perhaps you should have waited ,

your response will be once again to long to wait for ,

you can spin it any which way you like .

If you have any questions on the matter, I'll try to reply to them as soon as I get back Online. I'll swerve any which suggest Sky Poker acted like a 1930's German dictator, if you don't mind......

Just post them on this Thread, please, & I'll deal with them.

Thanks.

PS - Have a good weekend, all of you, & I hope you run well at the poker, wherever you choose to play it.

In summary I am not a perfect person no human being is ( ok maybe raver with a frying pan in her hand ouch is lol )

but neither is tk or skypoker .

They both have  ongoing flaws , they find it difficult to admit when they deal with

something in the wrong way .

Instead they dig in & use pr spin.

I had no probs editing my blog if contacted .

To the yes guys/gals tk is human just like you ,

he is not always right ,

don't always be a sheep ,

be the lion once in awhile it feels good trust me lol .

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY BACK ,

GOD KNOWS YOU GUYS NEED A MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE LOL .

P.S THAT IS OF COURSE IF I DON'T GET BANNED FOR SPEAKING WHAT I

FEEL IS THE TRUTH .

IF THE KING HAS NO CLOTHES ON SOMEONE MUST BE

MAN ENOUGH TO SAY IT .

• edited February 2011
    I think by removing the blog is censorship ... period! However from the points put forward by you (TK) I think we have to accept that the blog did required some editing, as I have mentioned in the previous thread IMO Sky Poker have made a CR/PR blunder by not giving Dennis the chance to rewrite the blog in words that were acceptable to both parties.

I think what you are missing here TK is that your customers are more upset about the removel of the blog than the actual content and issues mentioned in it (though strong feeling are certainly felt about this subject), an insistance by Sky to edit would not have been unfair in my humble opinion.

Good Luck with the DTD!
  • edited February 2011
    can i ask a question dennis, have (apart from tikay) been in contact with you in any shape or from regarding the blog?
  • edited February 2011

Who cares about the blog, are they going to do anything about the rake???? :P