You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THAT blog........

13»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Denis/Hoggers for the win.

• edited February 2011
    Just a thought, it does seem that, the nice Mr Kendal wants to address this issue personally, was the ' blog ' an attack on him '. If the ' Rover ' made a statement critical of Sky, would it not be someone else's (suits if you like) responsibility to reply, I cannot understand why the nice Mr Kendal allows himself to take the flack,so to speak, (he might want to?).

It seems as though the ' Rover ' has a valid point ', it maybe that the wording was a little OTT, ( I don't know,never read the blog,don't read blogs ). Probably Sky is a little over sensitive, regarding recent well publicized events, and the word has gone down, (take no prisoners lol).

The 'Rover' is one of the good guys,honest:), and hopefully wil not be put off by this overblown reaction to his honest criticisim of what he and many others think is unfair.

Kind regards

• edited February 2011

THE COMPROMISE

First thank you to all for your input in discussion about said blog .

When I awoke this morning my thought process was to try

seek a compromise for said blog discussion .

Note I am under no pressure from skypoker suits doing the following ,

but I have decided to seek a compromise .

So hear goes .

In hindsight it was wrong of me to blog about rake .

Also the manner in which I did so was harsh .

Also in responding to Tony's / TK post above ,

I seem to come across a bit strong.

My true intention was to get my point across,

so for this I apologise to tk .

He is the back bone of skypoker & a true gent .

Now while I have forum peeps attention lol ,

I will be starting a special thread for a special guy steve / donut

in the shed .

we keep in contact daily .

As your all aware he has taking a break from posting in forum for 6 months .

So i will try with your help  keep it ongoing for 6 months .

Yes he still reads posts in forum .

The theme of the thread will be a positive pick me up jokey thread .

So watch out for it tonight & plzz post funny stories & jokes e t.c

Any ideas welcome for title of thread .

OVER & OUT ROVER .

p.s The answer is nooooo doh get off your lazy b utt and sort that comp yourself lol .

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........:
    There isnt many people that do a blog then continue to use the forum as much, seems it leaves most people with a slightly bitter taste Can anyone get YoungGun to do one ;)
    Posted by Neildown

Dont you start on me your crazy cat!
  • edited February 2011

Irish Man you're such a wimp.

Do you think 20% rake for micros is fair now?

Do you like mushrooms?

What makes an Irish stew different to an English one?
  • edited February 2011
    Irish Man you're such a wimp. Do you think 20% rake for micros is fair now? Do you like mushrooms? What makes an Irish stew different to an English one?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

NO.
    FRIED YES .
    Save it for donut thread tonight .

Now get busy you lazy gi tt .

• edited February 2011
    Just a thought, it does seem that, the nice Mr Kendal wants to address this issue personally, was the ' blog ' an attack on him '. If the ' Rover ' made a statement critical of Sky, would it not be someone else's (suits if you like) responsibility to reply, I cannot understand why the nice Mr Kendal allows himself to take the flack,so to speak, (he might want to?). It seems as though the ' Rover ' has a valid point ', it maybe that the wording was a little OTT, ( I don't know,never read the blog,don't read blogs ). Probably Sky is a little over sensitive, regarding recent well publicized events, and the word has gone down, (take no prisoners lol). The 'Rover' is one of the good guys,honest:), and hopefully wil not be put off by this overblown reaction to his honest criticisim of what he and many others think is unfair. Kind regards
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    Alive,

I replied because.......

Someone Posted, "I hope someone from Sky has the decency to reply". And I think that was a fair question, because there were faults both sides.

So I rung Head Office & said "would you like me to reply to that?" (I happen to know everyone is incredibly busy right now for a variety of good reasons). They said "yes please".

And so I replied.

I also Posted a thread the next day in which I said I would answer any & all questions arising from the matter. That wen't down well. Not......

Subsequently, & on that thread, Denis returned.

So, I immediately decided that as he'd returned, the best way to let things settle down & return to normality was not to post further on the matter until the dust had settled.

It remains the case that I'll answer any question from anyone as honestly as I can. Not spin, just honest replies. It's up to the readers how they view my replies. If there are any questions on this thread you'd like an answer to, repeat them, & I'll reply. But Denis is back, & I don't want that there is further un-necesary unpleasantness, so let's keep it cool, please.

At the risk of opening up stuff I don't really want to, can I also point out that "censured" & "censored" are different words with different meanings. I used the former, not the latter.

Let's get back to a happy Forum now, please, good luck to everyone at the Tables this evening.
  • edited February 2011
      THE COMPROMISE First thank you to all for your input in discussion about said blog . When I awoke this morning my thought process was to try seek a compromise for said blog discussion . Note I am under no pressure from skypoker suits doing the following , but I have decided to seek a compromise . So hear goes . In hindsight it was wrong of me to blog about rake . Also the manner in which I did so was harsh . Also in responding to Tony's / TK post above , I seem to come across a bit strong. My true intention was to get my point across, so for this I apologise to tk . He is the back bone of skypoker & a true gent . Now while I have forum peeps attention lol , I will be starting a special thread for a special guy steve / donut in the shed . we keep in contact daily . As your all aware he has taking a break from posting in forum for 6 months . So i will try with your help  keep it ongoing for 6 months . Yes he still reads posts in forum . The theme of the thread will be a positive pick me up jokey thread . So watch out for it tonight & plzz post funny stories & jokes e t.c Any ideas welcome for title of thread . OVER & OUT ROVER .     p.s The answer is nooooo doh get off your lazy b utt and sort that comp yourself lol .  
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Good to see you back, Denis, & it was good to chat this morning.
  • edited February 2011

Oh great!...I am the bad guy now because I misunderstood ONE word!

Running like death on the poker tables and now this.......

.....I am off to Del's bar to drown my sorrows :(
  • edited February 2011
    Oh great!...I am the bad guy now because I misunderstood ONE word! Running like death on the poker tables and now this....... .....I am off to Del's bar to drown my sorrows :(
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I never said or implied that, Alan, & I never mentioned it was you, but it was important to point out the difference, as it changed the whole meaning of the Post. I had assumed everyone knew the difference, but in hindsight, it's easy to see when, if speed-reading, the 2 words could be confused. It appears several people also mis-read it, in fact.
  • edited February 2011

Thanks Annie.

I'm not too sure everyone would agree with your kind words, but thank you anyway.

Really, I don't mind answering ANY questions about the whole affair, or what caused it, as long as we can keep it civil, & that was why I began this thread. It sort of backfired a bit, but nobody died. 

To forestall what is obvious, the two most important questions have simple answers.

The tone of the criticism was, given the platform used, not right. That's now been accepted, very gracefully, by Denis, I believe. 

And yes, subsequent to that, in my personal opinion, it would have been right, & sensible, to ask him to Edit it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

There are excuses & mitigation both sides, but people make mistakes, we all do, that does not make them bad people. 

Take care now, & I hope, working together, we can put the Fun back in this Forum now.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks Annie. I'm not too sure everyone would agree with your kind words, but thank you anyway.   Really, I don't mind answering ANY questions about the whole affair, or what caused it, as long as we can keep it civil, & that was why I began this thread. It sort of backfired a bit, but nobody died.  To forestall what is obvious, the two most important questions have simple answers.   The tone of the criticism was, given the platform used, not right. That's now been accepted, very gracefully, by Denis, I believe.  And yes, subsequent to that, in my personal opinion, it would have been right, & sensible, to ask him to Edit it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.   There are excuses & mitigation both sides, but people make mistakes, we all do, that does not make them bad people.  Take care now, & I hope, working together, we can put the Fun back in this Forum now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i feel the same as annie tk, so rest assured we understand your firm stance on the issue, and we understand its not your decision to make or change % of rake, but you stand firm as you are sky to the bone, (a trate sadly missing by most employees nowadays).

so i'll say it CLEAR we love and respect you and denis loads and loads

liam 5 kings
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks Annie. I'm not too sure everyone would agree with your kind words, but thank you anyway.   Really, I don't mind answering ANY questions about the whole affair, or what caused it, as long as we can keep it civil, & that was why I began this thread. It sort of backfired a bit, but nobody died.  To forestall what is obvious, the two most important questions have simple answers.   The tone of the criticism was, given the platform used, not right. That's now been accepted, very gracefully, by Denis, I believe.  And yes, subsequent to that, in my personal opinion, it would have been right, & sensible, to ask him to Edit it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.   There are excuses & mitigation both sides, but people make mistakes, we all do, that does not make them bad people.  Take care now, & I hope, working together, we can put the Fun back in this Forum now.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay, I am still very interested to know why Denis was not asked to edit it ?---
  • edited February 2011
    I am still very interested to know why Denis wasn't BANNED for implying that Sky "Rip Us Off"
  • edited February 2011
    I believe sky should offer a £2k freeroll to everyone who has been hurt, upset, or offended in this terrible tradgedy
  • edited February 2011
    I believe sky should offer a £2k freeroll to everyone who has been hurt, upset, or offended in this terrible tradgedy
    Posted by cottlad
    i agree, i'v not posted much in this thread because of being so upset, deeply hurt and very offended by it all

iv still not recoved....
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : Hi Tikay, I am still very interested to know why Denis was not asked to edit it ?---
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi Rik ,

1st thank you for your support ,
    your a topman ,

but i think in part highlighted below both parties have found a common ground in this .

Quote TK

"And yes, subsequent to that, in my personal opinion, it would have been right, & sensible, to ask him to Edit it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    "

• edited February 2011
    Posted by cottlad

i agree, i'v not posted much in this thread because of being so upset, deeply hurt and very offended by it all

iv still not recoved....
    posted by neildown

so chip  stacks for this freeroll will be determined by those most hurt lol

rover  1oooooo chips
     tk      1000000
    bernie 1ooooo0
    cottland 1 chip
    neildown 1/2 chip

let the freeroll commence lol
  • edited February 2011
    The rake is clearly stated in the tournament lobby. If you click register you accept to pay it. SIMPLES.

Its Skys right to choose what ever rake they want on what ever tournament / cash game they like. The majority of people that play FREErolls are lower staked players. You seem all happy when you get given ££££'s worth of freerolls, just see the 5p as your thank you that can go towards funding those.

As for leaving the site/forum over it... well PMSL

• edited February 2011
    The rake is clearly stated in the tournament lobby. If you click register you accept to pay it. SIMPLES. Its Skys right to choose what ever rake they want on what ever tournament / cash game they like. The majority of people that play FREErolls are lower staked players. You seem all happy when you get given ££££'s worth of freerolls, just see the 5p as your thank you that can go towards funding those. As for leaving the site/forum over it... well PMSL
    Posted by FlashFlush

They may accept the rake but can still be unhappy about the size of it, it seems obvious that they have a valid point on this issue. I'll bet you were the pupil your teacher relied upon for her apple each day, the recent outbreak of blatant brown noising on here has me wondering if there is an extra sky poker team place up for creep of the quarter, it sure looks like it from posts like yours. I may have my issues with the standard of play at the lower level cash tables but PYSL at these guys for voicing their complaints is contemptible.

• edited February 2011

Shall we just give it a rest now & move on now, guys?

Everything that needed to be said, has.

If you have any questions, I'll answer them, but start a new Thread.

Thanks.
  • edited February 2011
    The rake is clearly stated in the tournament lobby. If you click register you accept to pay it. SIMPLES. Its Skys right to choose what ever rake they want on what ever tournament / cash game they like. The majority of people that play FREErolls are lower staked players. You seem all happy when you get given ££££'s worth of freerolls, just see the 5p as your thank you that can go towards funding those. As for leaving the site/forum over it... well PMSL
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Why this when both parties found common ground ,
    god only knows .

I agree with TK  lets move on .

• edited February 2011
    Thread closed as the blog issue has now been resolved.

SkyMod4