You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THAT blog........

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........:
    can i ask a question dennis, have (apart from tikay) been in contact with you in any shape or from regarding the blog?
    Posted by pod1
    i can tell you they have not
    edit if they had asked for editing post or sayin they where going to delete this would not be going on
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : Censured and censored are two different things Max, don't know if he was censured but he was definately censored. Was the censorship justified? I would have to say yes and no. Yes because the points Tikay makes in his post above are quite valid. No because (and I think this is what has upset most people) the blog suffered the ultimate form of censorship, being banned, when a simple rephrasing of the point Denis was making (that people are being charged a higher % of rake to play the same format of game depending on how much they pay is unfair in his opinion) is surely quite valid too, regardless of whether Sky want the topic to be discussed or not.

And as Irish said "Once again  I was open to rewriting had I being asked "

Surely this would have been the sensible option in hindsight?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to THAT blog........ : I WILL RESPOND TO  THIS SPIN LATER .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    IRISHROVER I added you as my freind the other day so do not take this in haste...

As far As I see things Sky have enough to worry about than petty blogs and forum arguments,..

What Tikay says entirely is "not spin" .....He is/has been the most inaugural part of sky poker since it began its infraction within the poker world on SKY. Believe me Sir HE knows what hes talking about and the job he does is probably second to none..He also I believe takes time out of his own personal time to help others when needed,not something most people do.

He has taken time to explain his stance on the issues,But you must understand its skys decision at any rate.

Whilst you are valuable to the poker community and poker forum blogs what is needed is some form of mediation,As Im sure you can understand.

Im sure all the posts are answered and are monitored,and any distasteful material or unnessasary comments retracted by the forum team..

Maybe they could induce moderators like they do on other sites ,who knows ,but I believe sky do the best thing in the right situation regardless and answer any questions/complaints within that skillset.

Sure I havent been happy with sky now over a few issues ,but I guess I just have to trust the staff and others that know better or that have control over the situations......

The site is well documented if you feel aggrieved over issues or the games..

On a side note I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work on the forum blogs,...

• edited February 2011
    can i ask a question dennis, have (apart from tikay) been in contact with you in any shape or from regarding the blog?
    Posted by pod1
    No , the only contact from tk ,
     was the  pr spin in post from him in
    the forum thread which i was asked to put up to promote my blog ,
    I got one pm from a mod  to say the blog was pulled .

No other contact previous to this i put in
    5 hours roughly in total creating all 6 blogs,
    as a forum volunteer blogger .

I took it from previous bloggers if there was a problem with a blog
    one would be asked to edit , which as you know i am an open guy
    and would have no probs in doing  so .

• edited February 2011
    am enjoying the amount of colour people are using on the forum at the moment, very pleasing to the eye!
  • edited February 2011
    Sunglasses please
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : IRISHROVER I added you as my freind the other day so do not take this in haste... As far As I see things Sky have enough to worry about than petty blogs and forum arguments,.. What Tikay says entirely is "not spin" .....He is/has been the most inaugural part of sky poker since it began its infraction within the poker world on SKY. Believe me Sir HE knows what hes talking about and the job he does is probably second to none..He also I believe takes time out of his own personal time to help others when needed,not something most people do. He has taken time to explain his stance on the issues,But you must understand its skys decision at any rate. Whilst you are valuable to the poker community and poker forum blogs what is needed is some form of mediation,As Im sure you can understand. Im sure all the posts are answered and are monitored,and any distasteful material or unnessasary comments retracted by the forum team.. Maybe they could induce moderators like they do on other sites ,who knows ,but I believe sky do the best thing in the right situation regardless and answer any questions/complaints within that skillset. Sure I havent been happy with sky now over a few issues ,but I guess I just have to trust the staff and others that know better or that have control over the situations...... The site is well documented if you feel aggrieved over issues or the games.. On a side note I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work on the forum blogs,...
    Posted by AJW1976
    I agree but i never brought it in to forum .
    This issue is a waste of my time.

Like Tk I also take time to help others ,
    ask around ?

you must stop and think we all mistakes ,
    none of us are robotic .
    when we do so we must stop digging .
    but yes you are a bud still are ,
    i am always open to peeps views .
    ty for your input .

Denis
  • edited February 2011
    20% rake on a game is flopwit stupid, anyone can see that, any game with 20% rake should just be scrapped--simples!
  • edited February 2011
    There isnt many people that do a blog then continue to use the forum as much, seems it leaves most people with a slightly bitter taste

Can anyone get YoungGun to do one ;)
  • edited February 2011
    There isnt many people that do a blog then continue to use the forum as much, seems it leaves most people with a slightly bitter taste Can anyone get YoungGun to do one ;)
    Posted by Neildown

The exception that proves the rule sits before you lol

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : The exception that proves the rule sits before you lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    yeah but your scottish, you probably felt slightly bitter before you did one ;)
  • edited February 2011
    DID someone mention bitter??  Mines a pint!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : IRISHROVER I added you as my freind the other day so do not take this in haste... As far As I see things Sky have enough to worry about than petty blogs and forum arguments,.. What Tikay says entirely is "not spin" .....He is/has been the most inaugural part of sky poker since it began its infraction within the poker world on SKY. Believe me Sir HE knows what hes talking about and the job he does is probably second to none..He also I believe takes time out of his own personal time to help others when needed,not something most people do. He has taken time to explain his stance on the issues,But you must understand its skys decision at any rate. Whilst you are valuable to the poker community and poker forum blogs what is needed is some form of mediation,As Im sure you can understand. Im sure all the posts are answered and are monitored,and any distasteful material or unnessasary comments retracted by the forum team.. Maybe they could induce moderators like they do on other sites ,who knows ,but I believe sky do the best thing in the right situation regardless and answer any questions/complaints within that skillset. Sure I havent been happy with sky now over a few issues ,but I guess I just have to trust the staff and others that know better or that have control over the situations...... The site is well documented if you feel aggrieved over issues or the games.. On a side note I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work on the forum blogs,...
    Posted by AJW1976

We have competition for Scotty and Greg in the brown nose stakes.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : We have competition for Scotty and Greg in the brown nose stakes.
    Posted by stien

I think that's very unfair ......... there will be one or two feeling very left out now.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to THAT blog........:
    Good afternoon. I've noticed a lot of questions directed at my failure to respond to all the "noise". I was working for Sky Poker yesterday from 7am until 5pm in the office, sorting out urgent stuff, then I attended an important function in London from 7pm until 2am, representing Sky Poker. Today & tomorrow, I'm having a weekend off - my first in 4 months, so I'm going to DTD to play the £300, & chill. So I'll answer all relevant questions as soon as I get back Online, tomorrow, assuming I get busted on Day One at DTD. I'll answer them honestly, fully, & politely, as I always do. I hope you read them carefully. After someone Posted that "I hope someone from Sky has the decency to reply to the Denis thing" I did exactly that, as requested. However, it seems not to have been read properly. I invite you to re-visit it. It simply stated that if anyone wants to be critical of Sky Poker, go ahead, they have always been allowed & even encouraged to state such views without Mod intervention. There are thousands of such Posts on the Community, go look. What they are not permitted to do, & will never be permitted to do, is suggest that Sky Poker "screwed" players, because that suggests dishonesty or skullduggery. It is also bad form to use such an expression in a Sky Poker hosted Blog, especially when I, & the Sky Poker Suits, are always, without exception, unfalingly polite. It cuts both ways. That's all, no more, no less. Denis has not been in any way censured, & he remains very welcome here, as are all Members of the Community. But he cannot say what he did & expect it to remain up. He has my phone number - we have had several chats in the past - & he can call me any time if he wants. He knows that. He can PM me, too, if he wishes, as he frequently does. You can go into Sainsburys or Tescos & complain about the prices, but if you stand in the shop with a big banner that says "Sainsburys is screwing you guys" it aint gonna be allowed. It's just not!  And from that action, somehow the jump was made to "Sky Poker Stalinism", & frequent Posts likening Sky Poker to 1930's fascism....... I'm afraid I won't be responding to any of that sort of stuff. I hope Denis re-considers his decision, I really do. But he cannot use a Sky Poker Hosted Blog to say that "Sky Poker screws it's players", or even to suggest it is Bernie's fault. It has nothing to do with Bernie, for the record, he does not set the Fee Model, & never has. That's not an acceptable statement, & I think almost everyone knows that. That's all there is to it - no more, no less. So, that's it, I'm heading north to Notts now, to play some pokerz.  If you have any questions on the matter, I'll try to reply to them as soon as I get back Online. I'll swerve any which suggest Sky Poker acted like a 1930's German dictator, if you don't mind...... Just post them on this Thread, please, & I'll deal with them. Thanks. PS - Have a good weekend, all of you, & I hope you run well at the poker, wherever you choose to play it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So why was the RNG thread closed and then dumped into area 51? It was a great thread, no one sl agging sky off, no one saying its be nt, just a good old fashioned debate! They do seem to use the old 'i think this thread has run its course' routine a lot.
  • edited February 2011
    For what it is worth (not a lot probably) i'm going to put MY view into the mix.

Do i believe that Denis is right about the appalling situation with the lower stakes rake?  Too flopping right he is.

Do i believe that Skypoker has the right to remove a blog/post if they FEEL it is warranted?  I do. It IS after all  their site and their rules. If we want to post on here we must be aware of and respect those facts.

Do i believe that Skypoker have made a blunder in their handling of this situation? Personally i do. A simple call/PM/email to Denis for him to edit his post would have been all the reaction needed. To pull the blog without offering this opportunity is crazy. They have the ability to temporarily suspend the blog; so why didn't they?

Do i believe that Tikay is in a hard position here? Yes i do. He is a geniune bloke and wants what is best for all parties. It is a shame that he has been left to carry the can here. It would be nice if the suits could put out a genuine explanation of their actions. I, however, won't be holding my breathe.

As i said, this is MY opinion and is not meant to anything else.

Best wishes to all.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : I think that's very unfair ......... there will be one or two feeling very left out now.
    Posted by elsadog
    lol there are a few others your not wrong.
  • edited February 2011
    i think sky were right to delete the blog on the basis that it inferred that they were doing something unlawful i.e. "screwing its customers"
    the biggest problem seems to be that it let the blog be published in the first place without being checked.

surely on one can reasonably expect a business to encourage people stating that they are "screwing" the customer?

how sky let the things that are said about them in area 51 regarding being "fixed" rigged etc is beyond me.

if it was my business i would not have someone telling me i have "screwed" them or cheated them out of money.

fwiw i agree on the rake thing and i am absolutly against charging a rake on the rebuy in a tourney.

this has also been questioned in the forum and it just got ignored so imo sky have set the prices and dont feel the need to justify them and the site will prosper or fail on such decisions.

my guess is it wil continue to grow and become one of the most popular site their is...........

cherrs gl,dave
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : That is the complaint and reason we are in this situation.  ............... area 51 poster have no street cred so don't count. ............ yes it will grow when watered with justice and compassion.  Annie x
    Posted by logdon

I'm working on it but how do I get some street cred .....it sounds good.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : We have competition for Scotty and Greg in the brown nose stakes.
    Posted by stien
    I <3 you.

also the problem is that Irish used the term 'screwed'.  im sure that if that word wasn't used then Sky wouldn't have taken such drastic action

but yeah its hardly something to get your knickers in the twist about.  learn from it and move on.

sky are a business and are protecting their interests, even if the rake on low limit games/rebuys is totally ridic.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: THAT blog........ : I <3 you. also the problem is that Irish used the term 'screwed'.  im sure that if that word wasn't used then Sky wouldn't have taken such drastic action but yeah its hardly something to get your knickers in the twist about.  learn from it and move on. sky are a business and are protecting their interests, even if the rake on low limit games/rebuys is totally ridic.
    Posted by scotty77
    As soon as you pass that knickers over scotty ,
    i will be happy to twist it for you lol .
  • edited February 2011
    nice to see u back denis
  • edited February 2011
    The blog was removed because of that 1 sentence?
    That sentence is then put on the forum countless times but the rest of the blog deleted and all Denis's work goes to waste.
    Yes that makes sense......
  • edited February 2011
    The rights and wrongs of what Denis wrote can be debated but at the end of the day somebody forgot to engage their brain before hitting the delete button. 

If you did a report at work and your boss took one look at it, ripped it up, and threw it in the waste basket you'd be upset. No difference here, the fact that this is a forum makes no difference. 

Someone should man-up and apologise to the man.
  • edited February 2011
    There isnt many people that do a blog then continue to use the forum as much, seems it leaves most people with a slightly bitter taste Can anyone get YoungGun to do one ;)
    Posted by Neildown
    Lmao
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by stien
    Oi ive not even said anything on this thread and your calling me a brown nose.

FWIW, obv I think that tikays OP is fair, well thought out, and is not "spin" This doesn't make me a brown nose.

Also, i fully appreciate why Denis feels aggrieved, and he has my sympthay and support too.

This fence is getting uncomfortable.
  • edited February 2011
    For what it is worth (not a lot probably) 
    Do i believe that Tikay is in a hard position here? Yes i do. He is a geniune bloke and wants what is best for all parties. It is a shame that he has been left to carry the can here. It would be nice if the suits could put out a genuine explanation of their actions. Posted by lozgo
    +1 very good point
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by stien
    Not quite brown ,but its been broken a few times lol! ure names nnot "barry green is it?......sort em out pod1 im only 4 foot 6 hehe