You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Points -What can we do with them?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    RICH SAYS,,

11/09,,COMING SOON,,COUPLE OF WEEKS..

6/10,,VERY SOON..

Nice to see you have influence on a very important issue.

But if someone swears,,like JACK FLASH...

In like flint.

Why dont you just tell us they are not worth a carrot, and put an end to it.
  • edited November 2009
    The silence is deafening!
  • edited November 2009
    post your freerolls,,post your meanindless team tourneys,,

WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO PLOUGH THOUSANDS INTO THIS SITE.

POKER POINTS,,,

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THEM?

As the above says,the silence is DEAFINING
  • edited November 2009

Even the info on the site about points is wrong!

Redeem your Poker Points

Earning Poker Points is easy but cashing them in is more fun. You can use your hard earned Poker Points to enter selected Multi Table Tournaments called freerolls. Instead of paying cash, just look for these tournaments in the Lobby and use your Poker Points to buy your entry.

Daily Freerolls

Freeroll Time Buy-in
    £25 Freeroll 02.00 10 Poker Points
    £50 Freeroll 10.00 20 Poker Points
      14.00 20 Poker Points
    £100 Freeroll 20.00 25 Poker Points
      00.00 25 Poker Points

Weekly Freerolls

Freeroll Time Buy-in
    £1000 Freeroll 20.00 Wednesdays 200 Poker Points
  • edited November 2009
    i will take any poker points if you want to give them away. lol

how much poker do you have to play to have that many lol
  • edited November 2009
    when your playing 50p
     - £2 tables,,u earn alot ,

I want to see 1k points entrys for 5k freerolls,,,

or a framed picture of andy gray, for 10 points
  • edited November 2009
    another week passes only another 1500 points earned this week,

silence silence silence.

any chance we can have an answer by xmas?
  • edited November 2009
    silence

shush

maybe he will go away
  • edited December 2009

posted at 11/9/2009 9:38 AM
    Hey guys,

thanks for your query regarding poker points. we currently have a few interesting developments in the pipeline for poker points. unfortunately i am unable to provide much info on this but we will be make another announcement in a couple of weeks.... "watch this space"

in the meantime why don't you use your poker points to play in the various freerolls we have going on throughout the week. for example there is the £500 freeroll tonight (friday) at 7pm where entry will cost you 100 points.

go check out the lobby to see what's coming up.

hope that helps,

Rich

posted at 6/10/2009 10:09 AM
    guys please be patient. there is an initiative in the pipeline that is coming very soon. as you all know these things take time and have to go through all sorts of approval processes.

i know you probably wont wont to hear it but have you heard the famous saying?....

good things come to those who wait

Hi rich,

Just thought I would enquire as to what is actually in the pipeline?  Coming very soon - when?  I am very patient but have to admit now I am playing a lot more I am very tempted to move to another site with a much better reward system!

I like SKY but beginning to get a bit frustrated with this one: I have 170,000 points now just sitting in my account that are useless.  On other sites I'm sure these points would be good for several big buy in turneys, or a large array of Merchandise, or bonus cash.

As above my original post was on the 9th of September and I think 3 months is plenty of time for a constructive response.

I 'll get off my soap box now.

Shann.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points -What can we do with them?:
    posted at 11/9/2009 9:38 AM Hey guys, thanks for your query regarding poker points. we currently have a few interesting developments in the pipeline for poker points. unfortunately i am unable to provide much info on this but we will be make another announcement in a couple of weeks.... "watch this space" in the meantime why don't you use your poker points to play in the various freerolls we have going on throughout the week. for example there is the £500 freeroll tonight (friday) at 7pm where entry will cost you 100 points. go check out the lobby to see what's coming up. hope that helps, Rich posted at 6/10/2009 10:09 AM guys please be patient. there is an initiative in the pipeline that is coming very soon. as you all know these things take time and have to go through all sorts of approval processes. i know you probably wont wont to hear it but have you heard the famous saying?.... good things come to those who wait Hi rich, Just thought I would enquire as to what is actually in the pipeline?  Coming very soon - when?  I am very patient but have to admit now I am playing a lot more I am very tempted to move to another site with a much better reward system! I like SKY but beginning to get a bit frustrated with this one: I have 170,000 points now just sitting in my account that are useless.  On other sites I'm sure these points would be good for several big buy in turneys, or a large array of Merchandise, or bonus cash. As above my original post was on the 9th of September and I think 3 months is plenty of time for a constructive response. I 'll get off my soap box now. Shann.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Weel said mate, thsi is the question everyone wants to know the answer, perhaps rich could get one of the sky poker suits to let us know
  • edited December 2009
    ok cheers for the posts guys,

i'll send this over to the poker team and hopefully they'll be able to provide a definite answer regarding poker points.

Rich
  • edited December 2009
    The other sites i have played on do put on bigger poker points tourneys, you can use them for satelites, you get a cash bonus for them at end of month and get merchandice as well.

Difference is they zero your poker points at end of month which sky dont hence why you have 150k sitting.

I prefer Skys way rather than lose them altogether
  • edited December 2009
    The other sites i have played on do put on bigger poker points tourneys, you can use them for satelites, you get a cash bonus for them at end of month and get merchandice as well. Difference is they zero your poker points at end of month which sky dont hence why you have 150k sitting. I prefer Skys way rather than lose them altogether
    Posted by Torryladd
    I use one of the worlds biggest sites and my points never get taken away.. these can then be used for tourni entrys and merchandise...... you can even claim a porsche cayman if you collect enough points (3 million i think).

Dont get me wrong sky run a good reward system and i do feel sorry for the bigger players, who obviously spend a great deal of money gaining their points.

On the subject of merchandise, using Skys buying power their could easly purchase merchandise or other poker related goods or even other items tv/console/mobiles etc very cheaply from the manufactures. Some could even be free with a little advertisng given on the site as compensation.

Im sure someone like microsoft/sony/o2 would quite happily provide a few 1000'2 quids worth of equipment for a tourniment sponsered by them which in turn would provide merchandise for the shop. Or it could provide a alternative prize structure.

Im sure some of the bigger players with the larger points saved would be interested to enter a tourni where the winner recieved a new HD TV or something along those lines

Just a thought......
  • edited December 2009
    So the rich get richer, small rollers don't count.
  • edited December 2009
    So the rich get richer, small rollers don't count.
    Posted by Torryladd
    totally agree with you unless you play with a large bankroll, teh smaller players get ditto in terms of reward for playing on here. (before the mods step in i do know about the cash for points etc)

I know we shouldnt expect something for free at the end of the day if it was your or mine poker site i would want to look after the bigger players.  However i reckon the amount of amaller players on this site, with their rakes and entry fee's etc must huge.

I do believe that it is time to run a league system for the smaller bankroll players or run alternitive tourni's etc....

• edited December 2009
    I agree with with Edkent
    The smaller players never have a chance to get into the league basically because there bank roll isn't big enough.
    I don't even earn enough points each month to get any cash back.
    The smaller player should also be rewarded with something as they also contribute to the site in a big way.
  • edited December 2009
    Perhaps its about time sky listened to its players, or gives a honest response rather then "coming soon" or "watch this space". how about a yes or no and then im sure everyone will stop asking and remember its just not the smaller players are questioning this it is also the bigger players

so step forward sky suits, your customers would like a answer
  • edited December 2009
    The other sites i have played on do put on bigger poker points tourneys, you can use them for satelites, you get a cash bonus for them at end of month and get merchandice as well. Difference is they zero your poker points at end of month which sky dont hence why you have 150k sitting. I prefer Skys way rather than lose them altogether
    Posted by Torryladd
    Sky take the points out of my account every month for the cash for points promo. the 170k I have is the odds that are left over.  i.e. 45763 points last month - 44k taken back so 1763 left for nothing!
  • edited December 2009
    Any news from suits Rich?
  • edited December 2009
    i passed this on straight away but still awaiting news.

thanks for staying patient
  • edited December 2009
    cancel that. take a look here...

you can now spend your points to win seats in the Primo and other larger tournaments.

cheers

• edited December 2009
    hey rich, sounds great stuff but clicked on the link and it took me to the cash tables, and cant see any the satellites to primo as you suggested?
  • edited December 2009
    hmm it should have taken you to the freeroll section.

well anyway... head to the freeroll area and have a look at the new freerolls appearing there.

everything should be self explanatory but if you need any more help just shout.
  • edited December 2009
    hmm it should have taken you to the freeroll section. well anyway... head to the freeroll area and have a look at the new freerolls appearing there. everything should be self explanatory but if you need any more help just shout.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    excellent stuff rich well done m8y
  • edited December 2009
    15 places in primo (£450 its just another pointless free role) i bet their will be near 2k runners if it is sky will take in 200k points and give out £450 not worth my time and im sure bigshann will feal the same, i think what bigshann ment was buy in direct with the points even if it was 10k points buy in.
  • edited December 2009
    Cheers for response Rich.

This is a start. Still some way to go though I feel.  Hope this will not be put to bed now as I am sure that I am not on my own with this issue!

Nearly every other site I am a member of offers direct turny buyin for points. 

Cheers

Shann
  • edited December 2009
    it will be 1500 runners 100/1 to get a seat i think that makes it a 30p mtt nice1 sky.
    at 1500 runners its 150,000 points taken in by sky and £450 given out, if it was cash for points 160,000 points is
    £12k, so sky r taking near £12k worth of points and giving you £450 thats near £11.5k profit for sky, this is a poor offer from sky and the fact its taken 3 months is just a joke IMO.  i have been here less than 4 months and have 34k points what can i do with them?
  • edited December 2009

It's a start - the pressure is paying off. But it doesn't go far enough. I have enough points to stop paying and just play freerolls for a year. Now I'm sure sky don't want that.

It should be 2500 points for direct entry to the primo. Or 5000 points for the Friday/Saturday/Sunday trio.
  • edited December 2009
    Have to agree, this site needs a Merchandise & Token Shop BADLY
  • edited December 2009
    There should be a place for X no of entries...

There was one place for every 25 entries at 100 points for the sky poker tour semi's (worth near enough 25 quid) a while back so how abouts applying the same logic to other Tournies?

1 place for the primo for every 30 buyin's at 100 points and
    1 place for the double stack for every 20 buyin's at 50 points?

Edit - Or certainly more than one place for every 100 runners!