You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cricket world cup - preview, and DOH's bets.

124»

Comments

• edited March 2011

Phew, form book ftw !!!

Windies been horrific.

I understand your concerns about the Indian bowling, but I raise you a poor, un-inspired 1 dimensional Austalian batting line up. 

Ponting may well get 100 off 110 balls, Clarke 65 off 80, Watson 40 off 40, Haddin 20 off 30, whatever, but I think that's the best they can possibly do, there's just no fire power, other than Watson, who struggles alot of the time to go past 50.

I think you could give Australia 300 (the best I feel they could possibly hope for) and India will still be odds on to chase it down.

Harbajan/Youvraj in the middle and Zaheer at the death will be enough to strangle/squeeze the Aussie middle order - my money is safe with the Indians. 

SA shud have too much for NZ.

Pakistan shud knock these off no problem

So it's already all on england to let me down!!!!!   ;)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cricket world cup - preview, and DOH's bets.:
    Phew, form book ftw !!! Windies been horrific. I understand your concerns about the Indian bowling, but I raise you a poor, un-inspired 1 dimensional Austalian batting line up.  Ponting may well get 100 off 110 balls, Clarke 65 off 80, Watson 40 off 40, Haddin 20 off 30, whatever, but I think that's the best they can possibly do, there's just no fire power, other than Watson, who struggles alot of the time to go past 50. I think you could give Australia 300 (the best I feel they could possibly hope for) and India will still be odds on to chase it down. Harbajan/Youvraj in the middle and Zaheer at the death will be enough to strangle/squeeze the Aussie middle order - my money is safe with the Indians.  SA shud have too much for NZ. Pakistan shud knock these off no problem So it's already all on england to let me down!!!!!   ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok il flat your raise in position, with the fact in a couple of a games the Indians batting has collapsed at the end of the inings when batting first:

267-1 to 296 all out v S.Africa.
    218-3 to 268 all out v W.Indies.

The way I see it, is if India bat first then Australia have a great chance of winning, especially if Lee and co can nick out Sehwag and Tendulkar early.

Lets see what the flop brings!
  • edited March 2011
    Phew, form book ftw !!! Windies been horrific. I understand your concerns about the Indian bowling, but I raise you a poor, un-inspired 1 dimensional Austalian batting line up.  Ponting may well get 100 off 110 balls, Clarke 65 off 80, Watson 40 off 40, Haddin 20 off 30, whatever, but I think that's the best they can possibly do, there's just no fire power, other than Watson, who struggles alot of the time to go past 50. I think you could give Australia 300 (the best I feel they could possibly hope for) and India will still be odds on to chase it down. Harbajan/Youvraj in the middle and Zaheer at the death will be enough to strangle/squeeze the Aussie middle order - my money is safe with the Indians.  SA shud have too much for NZ. Pakistan shud knock these off no problem So it's already all on england to let me down!!!!!   ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Or 104 off 118 ;)

Few twists and turns to come, but think I'm looking good for 2/2
  • edited March 2011
    Wow u read that game perfect.

It would have been interesting to see India bat first though.

Good luck for the other two, hope our boys dont let you down
  • edited March 2011

Wow!!!

South Africa are cholking again!!!

No good for my bet, but if England manage a miracle tomorrow, we play New Zealand for a place in the final, which is v v v v winnable !!!!!

Still, hope SA can dig in here....   :(
  • edited March 2011

Well I don't Adam n Eve it.

SA done it again. 

I know alot of people backed them, sooooooooooo disappointing. 

England at 8/1 my last bet remaining to save my world cup!!!! Be ironic if my only winning bet is the one I placed with my heart rather than my head. 

Tahir 4th top wicket taker, having missed 2 games is abit of consolation mind, just abit unlucky in running with the injuries :(

Tomorrow cud be v  miserable if England under-perform on top of my hangover. Need to win some money tonight to make sure it's not a hat-trick of feeling cr appy !!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    wtf is that guy doing batting at 3 for England. Seriously.

I've never seen a batsman so in-capable of hitting the ball to the boundary.

He just can't get it off the square.

If he's gonna play to hold the innings together, fine, bt when we're 160-3 off 40 overs he shud retire hurt, and let somebody else come in and actually try to hit the ball.

Whatever happened to accellerating through an innings? If anything he slows down towards the end.

Lets hope we can sqeeze, Dilshan out early please  :)
  • edited March 2011
    That 9/2 for Sri Lanka at the start of the tournament looks a huge price now. They never really looked in trouble against New Zealand.
  • edited April 2011
    who's the pick for the final? murali struggling, mathews out.. india look a worthy fav'?
    bob
  • edited April 2011

What a brilliant innings this has been from Mahela. Full of class.

Trott could learn alot, came in with his side in abit of trouble, knocked it around at a run a ball for 10 overs, then accellerated through the innings to reach 100 off 80 balls.

This has been quality. On the big stage too.

Awareness of the situation, and ability to adapt to it. 

I don't think it will be enough though, due to the power of the Indian batting line up, but it's definitely game on!!!!!!!!

Watch out for Malinga the Slinga! Key man.
  • edited April 2011
    What a brilliant innings this has been from Mahela. Full of class. Trott could learn alot, came in with his side in abit of trouble, knocked it around at a run a ball for 10 overs, then accellerated through the innings to reach 100 off 80 balls. This has been quality. On the big stage too. Awareness of the situation, and ability to adapt to it.  I don't think it will be enough though, due to the power of the Indian batting line up, but it's definitely game on!!!!!!!! Watch out for Malinga the Slinga! Key man.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dude, you've really got to get over Trott, he's the best we've got! We've been crying out for decades for a consistent no.3 who can provide stability to the team, but he's never gonna play like a Jayawardene.

He's our Kallis/Dravid and long may he continue like them. It's up2the rest to up their game and make us a more formidable/complete batting line-up.

Great world cup, congrats to India on becoming the 1st hosts to win it. Think the organisers got a bit lucky though that Eng managed to make the 1st round so interesting - format def needs improving.