You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A bit of respect for tikay please

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
I have noticed over the last few weeks that Tikay has not been as regularly involved either playing on the site or contributing in the forum. I believe he has quite a lot on his plate at the moment, but he has always made the effort to stay involved at all levels as much as he can. And this worries me !

I look upon this guy as a friend, he was wonderfully supportive of me in Vegas last year, and recently has made a point of giving me much needed advice. But I am only one of hundreds, probably thousands, of Tikays poker friends.

So when I hear that he is being criticised for stupid reasons, it is annoying.

He took the trouble to set up the Take on Tikay tournaments, which accommodate a variety of different bankrolls and plays in them when he can. But people have a go at him when he cant.

Quite often he plays on the site in his own time, when he would definitely rather be out playing in a live tournament or an Omaha cash game somewhere. And he multi tables to reach as many people as possible. Yet players have a go at him for not instantly acknowledging their comments in the chatbox.

And sometimes he is asked questions which are impossible to deal with in an open chatbox, but some people just wont leave it alone.

The Ask Tikay thread is superb, but he does have periods when he cant respond. A lot of the questions are to be honest pretty pedantic, and many of us guys take the trouble to answer them if we can, but people still moan when they dont get an immediate personal reply.

He has a tough job, because the suits make decisions leaving him to justify them to the community. I am sure there have probably been many situations, where he personally does not agree with them, but has to be professional enough to support them.

But what really makes my blood boil is when his integrity is questioned. Tikay lives and breathes poker and I believe works very hard to benefit the whole Sky Poker community.

The danger is that he will stop enjoying the day to day involvement, and wont look forward to playing on here at all.

So please give the guy a break, SKY POKER WITHOUT TIKAY IS UNTHINKABLE !

Comments

• edited February 2011
    +1 excellent post Tony

This guy is the reason most of us watch Skypoker and love skypoker
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Excellent post Tony
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Tony

The post says it all, tikay is a true gent, the best.
  • edited February 2011
    I could not agree with you more on every single point very good post
  • edited February 2011
     * group hug*
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to A bit of respect for tikay please:
    I have noticed over the last few weeks that Tikay has not been as regularly involved either playing on the site or contributing in the forum. I believe he has quite a lot on his plate at the moment, but he has always made the effort to stay involved at all levels as much as he can. And this worries me ! I look upon this guy as a friend, he was wonderfully supportive of me in Vegas last year, and recently has made a point of giving me much needed advice. But I am only one of hundreds, probably thousands, of Tikays poker friends. So when I hear that he is being criticised for stupid reasons, it is annoying. He took the trouble to set up the Take on Tikay tournaments, which accommodate a variety of different bankrolls and plays in them when he can. But people have a go at him when he cant. Quite often he plays on the site in his own time, when he would definitely rather be out playing in a live tournament or an Omaha cash game somewhere. And he multi tables to reach as many people as possible. Yet players have a go at him for not instantly acknowledging their comments in the chatbox. And sometimes he is asked questions which are impossible to deal with in an open chatbox, but some people just wont leave it alone. The Ask Tikay thread is superb, but he does have periods when he cant respond. A lot of the questions are to be honest pretty pedantic, and many of us guys take the trouble to answer them if we can, but people still moan when they dont get an immediate personal reply. He has a tough job, because the suits make decisions leaving him to justify them to the community. I am sure there have probably been many situations, where he personally does not agree with them, but has to be professional enough to support them. But what really makes my blood boil is when his integrity is questioned. Tikay lives and breathes poker and I believe works very hard to benefit the whole Sky Poker community. The danger is that he will stop enjoying the day to day involvement, and wont look forward to playing on here at all. So please give the guy a break, SKY POKER WITHOUT TIKAY IS UNTHINKABLE !
    Posted by penguin7
    A huge + 1

tikay get's nothing but my respect and admiration for the work he does for Sky Poker and the wider poker community. 

I cant tell you how ashamed i felt the other day about a private misunderstanding (my fault) that developed between me and tikay by PM. This will remain private, but the result of those PM conversations is that i have more respect for the man than ever!

Give him a break please! I know i will!
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011

Never heard of him! Is he new?  :)
  • edited February 2011
    TKs a legend.

He's been around poker forums since long before Sky Poker even was launched.  He knows the score with regards to how they, and the people who use them, operate.

• edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    He was around before Forums were invented - and that includes both Roman and Greek forums.
  • edited February 2011
    I second this emotion.
  • edited February 2011

It is a +1.....and a big +1 at that......

But ofc it aint that simple.... he can help himself, and people at sky can help him.....

It seems everytime there's an argument/disagreement/controversy on the site, the people who are actually responsibile for the confusion/problems sit back, and let their "tikay shield" get in the way.

He doesn't run the site, it's not his site, he isn't a mod.

Yet everyone thinks he is......

Y? coz he's the only one from sky who takes time out to address the issues that come up all the time.

My advice to TK (not that he'd ever take it) is to get out of the firing line, and let the apropriate people take responsibility for the decisions they make.

-------

I had a moan a couple of weeks ago about something, asking for a response from sky.

Within 10 minutes of the thread going up, TK was on it, 2 weeks later, still no word from anyone else at sky, even though it was sent "upstairs".

If only the people who actually run the site were as keen to make it work as this man is, then it might actually work alot better.

--------

Don't let him run it for you suits, work with him to make it work. Don't shy away, help him out.

------------------------------

But yeh +1 to get off his back, it isn't his fault !!!! lol

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: A bit of respect for tikay please:
    He was around before Forums were invented - and that includes both Roman and Greek forums.
    Posted by elsadog
    He also discovered fire! we own the man a lot
  • edited February 2011
    +1.

Tikay does so much for poker in general not just on Sky. He is admired and respected by practically everyone, whether they are just learning the game or a regular on the poker circuit.

How do you think we get so many great guests on the show, I'm sure its not because they want to commentate on online micro stakes all night....
  • edited February 2011
    +1. Tikay does so much for poker in general not just on Sky. He is admired and respected by practically everyone, whether they are just learning the game or a regular on the poker circuit. How do you think we get so many great guests on the show, I'm sure its not because they want to commentate on online micro stakes all night....
    Posted by FlashFlush
    True but do the guests not get a nice fee for being on the shows?

Or at least say a sky hd box plus subscription ;)

• edited February 2011
    NOW PUSH THAT BOOM SWITCH FOR ME TIKAY !
  • edited February 2011
    Nice post Penguin !

Can see why i don't come on the forums as much as i used too, its full of argumentative sods & doom and gloom merchants :( !!
  • edited February 2011
    i agree,he does more than he should on the site and i think that is because he cares, i have on the odd occassion given him a headache or 2 and for that i have and will appologise again. unfortunatly the people we feel we relay on the most also gets the most grief (parents come to mind) tikay isnt our dad (hope not!!!) and as such we shouldnt give him grief, hes just an old bloke doing a job for sky!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Tikay said I looked 55 or 57 - I hate the man!
    :-)
  • edited February 2011
    Tikay said I looked 55 or 57 - I hate the man! :-)
    Posted by Eyeman
    I would love him for that, i had you in the 65+ category myself eyeplop:)

• edited February 2011
    Tikay = legend

But why won't he tell me whether he likes sausages?
  • edited February 2011
    Great post.

Tikay is a special type of person. Wants what is best for everyone and freely gives up his own time to help. If we were honest, would a lot of us still be playing on this site if it wasn't for the old geezer? As dohhhh says, it would be nice if the suits would back him up and take some of the flak. Most of us take the mickey out of him, and he is quite happy to take it and return it with interest. How many of us can do the same, day in day out? I'm not saying he's some kind of angel, he's human after all with all the faults that comes with it, but when do we see his dark side?
  • edited February 2011

he's an inspiration

• edited February 2011
    Not chatted to tikay that much,but when i have the pleasure to be on the same table as him hes always polite and always says hi.Im not the best poker player but ive learned a hell of a lot by watching tikay on the live and recorded show hes a top man :) 
  • edited February 2011
    The title of the thread says it all.

He's not deserving of THAT much respect.  In fact, it doesn't have to be a significant amount.  Just a bit of respect.

;-)

• edited February 2011
    What TK does for poker fullstop not just Sky i think is a credit to him he in no way deserves any of the people who think they can take cheap snipes at him just because he is there he is a gent and the world would be a better place for more people like him he is as honest as the day is long and if you dont like the truth dont ask his opinions cos you may not like what you hear but it will be as he sees it you can rest assured on that i count him as a friend and am proud to do so !!!
  • edited February 2011
    Agree with all of above!

Tikay is obviously one of life's good guys and very good at his job (though not sure exactly what that job is), its great to watch the man at work!