You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A bit of respect for tikay please

Comments

• edited February 2011
    top bloke imo

does a difficult job very well - I would like to see his dissenters doing half as well!
  • edited February 2011
    Massive +1 for an excellent post Tony! :-)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: A bit of respect for tikay please:
    In Response to Re: A bit of respect for tikay please : I would love him for that, i had you in the 65+ category myself eyeplop:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     +1    :-D
  • edited February 2011

as someone who has had a cpl of run ins with tikay

i must admit that the way the man (tikay) conducts his answers in public and pvt is to be commended

i have total respect for tikay and his opions

he does an amzing job for sky poker and other forums

i evern delivered his birthday card to nottingham so he got on the day 

tikay all i can say is thank you for all your comments and effort you put into this site

skypoker would be a lessor place with out you

thank you again tikay
  • edited February 2011
    He will hate this thread but he is a thoroughly decent bloke.
  • edited February 2011
    Good post

Heart hugely in the right place. Counts for a lot

Having "worked" with him for nearly six years, gulp, he is yet to tell me to sod off.  Counts for a lot too.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to A bit of respect for tikay please:

That nice Mr Kendal is well liked and respected ( BY All ) for his vast knowledge of all things relative to, and of, poker, but, he is here/there to be shot at, so to speak, and he really does'nt need you to defend him, the man can be quite articulate, when he wants,( did you not know? ).

Kind regards
  • edited February 2011
    +1

I get sick to the stomach when people expect TK to sort out issues that are nothing to do with him, TK is a true gent of poker and we need to look after him.

Great post Tony
  • edited February 2011
    Great OP Penguin and some nice comments on here.

Tikay lives and breathes Sky Poker and really cares about it, way above and beyond his job remit.

The man is a legend and I love him. I used to say that in a bromance buddy-buddy sort of way, but I'm now beginning to consider marrying him.

The only thing stopping me is that he'd be a right old nag, bang on about train stations when we went out on dates and probably wouldn't put out at night.

;)
  • edited February 2011
    Great OP Penguin and some nice comments on here. Tikay lives and breathes Sky Poker and really cares about it, way above and beyond his job remit. The man is a legend and I love him. I used to say that in a bromance buddy-buddy sort of way, but I'm now beginning to consider marrying him. The only thing stopping me is that he'd be a right old nag, bang on about train stations when we went out on dates and probably wouldn't put out at night. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    If Elton and his wife David can do it... And just think you could adopt a youngster too - a youngster like DOHHHHHHH! :-D
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Couldn't agree more with the OP.

Some of the character assasinations on Tikay have been outrageous.

He does a great job in trying circumstances, given the nature that most poker players are moaning gets. :-)
  • edited February 2011

Tikay is an exceptional inspiration to me, I can't think of anyone who works as hard as he does, the long hours he works far and above his remit I'm sure for so many people because he loves poker and he truly cares about them so much. His honesty and integrity are without question, as is his dedication.

There are some jobs I know I couldn't do and for sure Tikay's job is one of them, because there are many times I'm in awe at how on earth he keeps manages to stay calm, never mind keeping a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye when some of the things he has to deal with must be so frustrating, and then on top of all that has to cope with abuse because he's out here on the front line as it were and not behind a desk with all the rest.

Tony is a living legend, and deserves more respect than anyone I know, not of course that he himself would ask for it, so please give the gentleman a break huh.

-xXx-

• edited February 2011
    Tikay is the man and it gets sooooooooooo easily forgotten.

I may even get my wallet out and buy him a mug of tea in Luton :)
  • edited February 2011
    VERY WELL SAID, TK IS OUR GUY
  • edited February 2011
    Great OP Penguin and some nice comments on here. Tikay lives and breathes Sky Poker and really cares about it, way above and beyond his job remit. The man is a legend and I love him. I used to say that in a bromance buddy-buddy sort of way, but I'm now beginning to consider marrying him. The only thing stopping me is that he'd be a right old nag, bang on about train stations when we went out on dates and probably wouldn't put out at night. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    you could share the milk train though save looking for the car !!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: A bit of respect for tikay please : If Elton and his wife David can do it... And just think you could adopt a youngster too - a youngster like DOHHHHHHH! :-D
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Quality original post by penguin,Tikay is a legend in my eyes and how he holds off on the keyboard sometimes when you see the drivel been put in the chat boxes amazes me! I'm raising a glass of burgundy to you whilst typing this. On a serious note... in response to noseybonk if Rich Orford wants to make his man love for tikay official, i'm sure with dave bland and john(beardy wpt guest guy),you could have like a poker equivilant of a hello magazine spread of your nuptials!! but in poker player or wpt magazine, i'm sure alot of people would be curious to have a look at those wedding pictures!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    + 1000 to everything said on this thread...

i read through a few threads today to catch up and am appaulled to find that, tikay cannot play on the site as much as he would like because of the odd stupid player who complains if tikay does not aknowledge them in the chat box quick enough and the general abuse tikay takes off these players..

Sky poker is as good as it is because of the community feel to it (ie this forum, channel 865 and the spt)

the community is only as good as it is because of tikay..

nice thread tony (i would have started it up myself if you hadnt)

Team ~Tikay
  • edited February 2011
    Respect Your Elders.
  • edited February 2011
    When I grow up I want to be Tikay.

He is the heart and soul of Sky Poker.  His opinions are always thoughtful, honest and from the heart.  Do you always agree with him... No.  and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Long Live King Tikay 
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I bet Tikay is a dirrrty doog lol.
    Also he is a great servant for Sky Poker and i am sure that lots of players stay with Sky because of him.
    Tikay=LEDGE
  • edited February 2011
    DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

Apart from that one blissful minute we spend in an Elevator in Blackpool.. Tikay has always been THE perfect gentleman of Sky Poker ;)

I still have NO idea what the hell he does all day for his 'job' but he has a pretty full Man-Bag. 

And I'm easily impressed.

Love ya Boss xxx

• edited February 2011
    DAMN STRAIGHT!!! Apart from that one blissful minute we spend in an Elevator in Blackpool.. Tikay has always been THE perfect gentleman of Sky Poker. I still have NO idea what the hell he does all day for his 'job' but he has a pretty full Man-Bag.  And I'm easily impressed. Love ya Boss xxx
    Posted by LML
    Told you he was a diirrrtty dooggg!! lol
  • edited February 2011
    Right.....time for a bit of balance........Tikay is a Brentford fan.......and used to be a chef...........does that sound like Mr Perfect.....no.......does that sound like a man with a Mother Teresa complex.......God bless you .......you Christmas present dodging train freak......you are loved and respected by many.......and that is as good as it gets
  • edited February 2011
    Anyone who dont fink Tikay is the best thing that happened to sky poker is a FLOPWIT FLAPHEAD!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Well, think everyone agrees on this thread, must say think that's a first.
    The reason being is one person called TIKAY.
    Need i say more..

Except well said Mr Penguin Sir......
  • edited February 2011
    Tikay ,
                You are a true gent and Sky Poker would not be the same if you were not here.
                                                Kind Regards  Mick.
  • edited February 2011
    Mickjen would just like to say.................................................................
  • edited February 2011
    Fantastic thread!

I am a beginner to poker and to this forum and i generally stick to micro stakes at the moment. I asked Tikay for some advice the other day and he found time to give some pretty straight forward advice (more like reassurance) to an idiot like me. Takes a special person to take time out to help so many people on here.

Top man!
  • edited February 2011
    Glad to see the support for Tikay he seems to get flak for things which are nothing to do with him but always remains civil.I wish him well and hope he is on Sky Poker for many years to come.