You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CHELTENHAM 2011 - The Official Sky Poker F.A.B Thread.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM 2011:
    shazallin, I wouldnt put you off that , I did it last year. I like 4 or five before i would back Binocular. Just cant see it winning, but i've been wrong before Bye the way I have just entered Racing Post Select a stable , bit of fun around the festival if you like kind of thing. £20000 first prize Father Vaigret
    Posted by vaigret
    What are your selections, I enter this every year but never get any where.I have been out of touch this last hurdling season, normally i am up with all the info.
    So a bit of help needed.
  • edited March 2011

Thank you kaymac, devine inspiration you know, just hope the Binocular supporters did it NRNB.

Hi Wynne

If you are talking about champion hurdle you wont go far wrong with Menorah or Peddlers cross, with regard the Racing Post Select a stable I have had the five stables for the cost of four so too many horses to list. anyway you are probably better sticking a pin in than following mine.

As you will see from the horses selected by the jackpot man and scoop 6 winner form doesnt count for much, its a lot of luck in the end.

Father Vaigret
  • edited March 2011
    Good luck everyone for Cheltenham.

I usually get good info every year for 3 or 4 horses in advance of the week which I will get tonight/tomorrow morning  which I will post tomorrow morning.

However Ive did these as each way goliath

Tuesday                                Wednesday                                           Thursday
    1.30 RECESSION PROOF         1.30 ARABELLA BOY                                2.05 BALA FUNDLE
    2.05 REALT DUBH                   2.05 OSCARS WELL (SINGLE ALSO)            2.40 J"Y VOLE
    4.40 ANOTHER JEWEL              2.40 BOSTONS ANGEL

• edited March 2011

Well on the basis that someone can win £1.4m on the Scoop Six and by his own admission isn't really a horse expert, i have studied the form and give you three horses you should probably advoid for two reasons...
     1) I have selected them and 2) I am swayed by the fact they are all grey (probably wrong on that too!).
    I'm only having 25p patent so it won't hurt too much!

Tuesday
    1.30pm AL FEROF
    2.05pm MEDERMIT
    2.40pm GREAT ENDEAVOUR

Good luck everyone, especially those betting with 'big money!!

• edited March 2011
    Just had my bets for tomorrow

1.30 - al ferof
    2.05 - captain chris
    2.40 - blazing bailey
    3.20 - khyber kim
    4.00 - another jewel
    4.40 - ocean transit (cant ignore our father)
    5.15 - divers

Good Luck all hope you all get a winner or two
  • edited March 2011
    Hi all, was meant to put up the goss from belfast preview night last mon nite, its pretty much wat ud expect so ill just very briefly put up 2 standout things\:

matt chapman from attheraces said he'd done previous panels with paul townend and he was waxing lyrical to him about 'so young' in the neptune, leaving matt to exclaim if it were a woman then paul townend would marry it!! andrew mcnamara also said that PT revealed to him secretly that hes been acting slightly coy on the mount in public when quizzed on its chances, this is solely because hes scared stiff of ruby ditching rock on ruby to ride instead (and after hurricane fly arrangements who can blame him??!!) so ive taken the hint on this one.

it was kind of what you'd expect tbh regarding main races, those higher in market being the tips.

the other thing i want to note tho is this; when outside the hotel having a quick smoke, got talkin randomly to some young whipper snapper, said his dad owns a leg in hurricane fly, so i quizzed them on their thoughts of his chances and tbh he hardly seemed confident/excited/hopeful (please delte as appropriate)so whether or not to take this wif a pinch of salt im not quite sure, after all shouting from the rooftops isnt always a good thing either......
  • edited March 2011
    tomorrows mug punter bet £2 lucky 15 done ante post:

spirit son 6/1
    medermit 3/1
    peddlers cross 5/1 (done 3 weeks ago on sky bet, wat else can i say, great value once again cough cough 13/2 other places @ the time!!)
    garde campetre 9/2

ill be backing spirit son in win single tomo as well and depending on how he gets on might let the others run, have a nice feeling about this!!!

4pts e/w sunnyhillboy, huge fan of great endeavour, biggest winner last year for me in byrne plate, 18/1 but the magic sign returned it at 25's!!! sunnyhillboy has been left seeing its backside the last few timnes theyve crossed paths but with rise in trip and better off @ weights i think he'll reverse form, meetss alot of the trends (OR 144 or under, first 4 in betting amongst others)  these 2 the standout for me.

if bensalem stays on his feet he'll b e huge danger, really nicely handicapped, however thats a big, massive even, IF, considering his fencing is shoddy at best.

our father is going to have ocean transit vying for favourtism with quevega in the mares as i also will be having a small flutter e/w on his reasoning, however it is a much tougher race she finds herself in here.

last race, tullymore dew @ 9's and e/w saver vino gregio (25's)

gud luck to all heres hoping we've plenty to shout about this time tomorrow evening!!

best wishes, hailhail88
  • edited March 2011
    My bets for the 1st day of cheltenham are.....

2.05 Finians Rainbow
             3.20 Hurricane Fly
             4.00 Garde Champetre
             5.15 Tullamore Dew              in a lucky 15.

and also in a ew trixie

2.40 Blazing Bailey
             3.20 Dunguib
             4.00 A New Story               

Good Luck all.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi all,

Probably getting boring on this subject and the Mares Hurdle is terribly difficult to win with Quevega in it and according to Willie Mullins even better than last year. Also there is doubts my mare Ocean Transit, goes as well left handed and also it is not a handicap so she only gets 5lb from one of the best mares seen at Cheltenham, however at 50-1, I got 66-1, has to be given a chance. She has won twice over 2m 6f so will stay up the hill and number of winners have come out of the ludlow race, with two winning so easily.

Also Richard Price knows how to get a mare to win at Cheltenham, I still remember this like it was yesterday 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmHP30pkTqU

Lets hope so

Father Vaigret
  • edited March 2011
    i like your faith father but ocean transit is rated a mile below some of these horses,none handicap ,it will be staying on like you say,i personally think banjaxed girl i think its called is ew bet in this race,im on sparky may 7s ew which looks a bet to nowt,ive had a few bob on tommy stacks ew in the first at 22s ,
  • edited March 2011
    andybuck

I know it could be tilting at windmills but I cant leave her alone.

Good luck with your horses

Father V
  • edited March 2011

had a quick look through the form and came up with 3 from each race,
    1.30 al ferof
           spirit son
           hidden universe

2.05 finians rainbow
           rock noir
           realt dubh 

2.40 wolf moon 12/1
           king fontaine
           carrickmines

3.20 dunquib(nap)
           thousand stars 20/1
           menorah

4.00 left the x-country alone

4.40 quevega
           silver gypsy 25/1(nb)
           lonesome dove 66/1(ew)

5.15 premier sagas 14/1
           vino griego 22/1
           shakalakaboomboom33/1

a few chunky priced ew shots where i wasnt hot on favs etc,,wolf moon and silver gypsy i fancy to make the frame,for a nice ew double..and premier sagas to complete an ew patent.gl all.

• edited March 2011
    My Cheltenham picks for today.
    This is my short list:

1.30  Spirit Son
    2.05  Ghizao
             Stagecoch Pearl
    2.40   Sunnyhill Boy
    3.20    Khyber Kim
              Hurricane Fly
              Menorah
              Overturn
              Millechief
    4.00   Maljimar
              One Coll Cookie
              Gullible Gordon
    4.40   Banjaxted Girl
    5.15  Swing Bill
             Swincone Rock
             Osric
             Definity
  • edited March 2011
    Here are my picks for today:

14:40 The Rainbow Hunter @ 22/1
    15:20 Hurricane Fly @ 7/2
    16:00 Maljimar @ 5/1
    17:15 Swing Bill @ 16/1

Lucky 15, 20p per line so £3 staked.
  • edited March 2011

my lucky 15 4 today come on day 1

Supreme Novice Hurdle  Spirit Son

Arkle Trophy Ghizao

2.40 Cheltenham Carole's Legacy

Champion Hurdle Khyber Kim

e/w bet on the fathers chosen one to

• edited March 2011

Aghhhh done my whole account today, maybe got abit carried away :S

Need a score or it will be time to deposit again tomorrow.

L 15 to win.
    1.30 - Cue Card - 5/2
    2.05 - Medermit - 3/1
    2.40 = Sunnyhillboy - 11/2
    4.00 - Maljimar 5/1

L 15 ew
    1. 0 - Megans star - 20/1
    2.05 - Realt Dubh - 9/1
    2.40 -  Reve de Sivola - 10/1
    4.40 - Ocean Transit - 50/1   (go go go go Father V)
  • edited March 2011
    my selections are
    Horse RacingCheltenham1.30 Win  Spirit Son  
    Horse RacingCheltenham2.40 Win  Wolf Moon
    Horse RacingCheltenham3.20 Win  Khyber Kim
    Horse RacingCheltenham2.05 Win  Medermitt
    Back to My Account
  • edited March 2011
    Some quality tips in here and plenty of suggestions for us to have a flutter, so I am stickying the thread for the duration of the festival. I've also amended the title of the thread just so we all focus on this one - hope you don't mind!
  • edited March 2011

here's my e/w yankee for today gl all

1. 4.00 Cheltenham: Cross Country Chase Poker De Sivola @ 11/1
    2. 3.20 Cheltenham: Champion Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Hurricane Fly @ 7/2
    3. 2.05 Cheltenham: Arkle Trophy - Paying 1/4 Odds Medermit @ 11/4
    4. 1.30 Cheltenham: Supreme Novices' Hurdle - Paying 4 Places Spirit Son @ 5/1
  • edited March 2011

My e/w lucky 15 for day 1.

1.30- Spirit Son 5/1

2.05- Rock Noir 14/1

2.40- Caroles Legacy 14/1

4.00- Poker de Sivola 14/1

GL all.
  • edited March 2011

Had a quick look at this site http://adrianmassey.no-ip.org/web1/

Interesting his top rating compared to other picks here on sky

• edited March 2011

My 7 for today

1.30 Recession Proof
    2.05 Realt Dubh
    2.45 Sunnyhill Boy
    3.20 Khyber Kim (nap)
    4.00 Maljimar
    4.40 Sparky May (with Ocean Transit e/w)
    5.15 Tullamore Dew

mixture of singles, doubles and trebles, may even have an acca, its only once a year

Good luck to all today

Keith
  • edited March 2011
    Mine for today

1.30 Recession Proof but as no Dougie Costello fancy Marsh Warbler more now
    2.05 Finians Rainbow my nap of the whole Festival
    2.40 Reve De Sivola and Wolf Moon
    3.20 Peddlers cross but wouldnt be at all surprised to see Menorah win
    4.00 Maljimar, yes I like Nick Williams as a trainer
    4.40 OCEAN TRANSIT
    5.15 Divers

Good luck all

• edited March 2011
    My Placepot is :1.30 Cue Card / Magens Star
                          2.05 Medermit                  
                          2.40 Blazing Bailey
                          3.20 Hurricane Fly
                          4.00 Garde Champetre / A New Story
                          4.40 Quevega

Hopefully this lot should give me a run for my money.
  • edited March 2011

Interestingly a Major Irish Bookmaker offered all losing bets on first racelast year  if fav Dunguib won

This year im sure the same bookmaker is offering same with Cue Card
  • edited March 2011
    For any of you who come here and need to put your NAP in , please note only an

HOUR LEFT

to do it

Father Vaigret
  • edited March 2011
    Well if someone on this thread doesn't have a winner we should all be shot!

Good luck everyone, hopefully there will be some nice winning stories throughout the day!
  • edited March 2011
    PatentO/14296251/0000043£7.00
    1. 4.00 Cheltenham: Cross Country Chase Another Jewel @ 14/1
    2. 5.15 Cheltenham: Centenary Novices' Chase Divers @ 9/1
    3. 4.40 Cheltenham: David Nicholson Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Ocean Transit @ 50/1
     Lucky 15O/14296251/0000042£7.50
    1. 3.20 Cheltenham: Champion Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Khyber Kim @ 11/1
    2. 2.40 Cheltenham: Spinal Research Handicap Chase - Paying 5 Places Blazing Bailey @ 12/1
    3. 2.05 Cheltenham: Arkle Trophy - Paying 1/4 Odds Captain Chris @ 8/1
    4. 1.30 Cheltenham: Supreme Novices' Hurdle - Paying 4 Places Al Ferof @ 8/1
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM 2011 - The Official Sky Poker F.A.B Thread.:
    Patent O/14296251/0000043 £7.00 4.00 Cheltenham: Cross Country Chase Another Jewel @ 14/1 5.15 Cheltenham: Centenary Novices' Chase Divers @ 9/1 4.40 Cheltenham: David Nicholson Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Ocean Transit @ 50/1   Lucky 15 O/14296251/0000042 £7.50 3.20 Cheltenham: Champion Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Khyber Kim @ 11/1 2.40 Cheltenham: Spinal Research Handicap Chase - Paying 5 Places Blazing Bailey @ 12/1 2.05 Cheltenham: Arkle Trophy - Paying 1/4 Odds Captain Chris @ 8/1 1.30 Cheltenham: Supreme Novices' Hurdle - Paying 4 Places Al Ferof @ 8/1
    Posted by shazallin
    Nice start even if i did lose out on price, just wish id chose it as my nap now, well done to other winners
  • edited March 2011
    Well done Shazallin and Brrrr