You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CHELTENHAM 2011 - The Official Sky Poker F.A.B Thread.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    well done shaz nice opening touch, best of luck wif rest! wonder what price it went to on exchanges coming round the turn???? big would be my guess, first of the leading contingent off the bridle, though no better man than ruby to get them up the hill!! at least cue card out of the placepot so im happy, come on medermit sunnyhill, peddlers, garde and quevega, get hurricane fly unplaced and the placer will pay handsomely : )
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM 2011 - The Official Sky Poker F.A.B Thread.:
    Well done Shazallin
    Posted by vaigret
    Thank you
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks Vaigret, just wish i had made it my selection for the naps table!
  • edited March 2011
    Patent O/14296251/0000043 £7.00 4.00 Cheltenham: Cross Country Chase Another Jewel @ 14/1 5.15 Cheltenham: Centenary Novices' Chase Divers @ 9/1 4.40 Cheltenham: David Nicholson Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Ocean Transit @ 50/1   Lucky 15 O/14296251/0000042 £7.50 3.20 Cheltenham: Champion Hurdle - Paying 1/4 Odds Khyber Kim @ 11/1 2.40 Cheltenham: Spinal Research Handicap Chase - Paying 5 Places Blazing Bailey @ 12/1 2.05 Cheltenham: Arkle Trophy - Paying 1/4 Odds Captain Chris @ 8/1 1.30 Cheltenham: Supreme Novices' Hurdle - Paying 4 Places Al Ferof @ 8/1
    Posted by shazallin

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh 2 out of 2, whoop whoop, not gonig to get to see the 3rd race either gotta pick kiddies up :(
  • edited March 2011
    shazallin

You are on fire

well done
  • edited March 2011
    run better sharon x

nice one hope u get next few u could be rich :D gl
  • edited March 2011
    shazallin You are on fire well done
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks again father, just gutted to missing the next race, im due home around 3.20 so hope to turn the tv on to see khyber kym crossing the finish line!! Only a 50p win lucky 15 first 4 races but still a nice pay out :)
  • edited March 2011
    Shaz u get best odds gtd??? U havent gone with sky have u???

Almost more excited about yours now and want urs to beat mine in the next race!!!! (abit) lol

Get it on the radio in the car!!!!

• edited March 2011
    nooooooooooooo! knew the second he stood off that jump he was coming donw, hope both horse and AP are ok. ill be mightyly peeved (with myself) if great endeavour gets up after backing him both times this season at large stakes, going well but thought too high in weights for me
  • edited March 2011
    shaz

You picked the wrong Alan King horse in the 2.40,

Pity
  • edited March 2011
    i thought that was in the bag :( then he chose to nosedive FML
  • edited March 2011

£40+ going on Khyber Kim for shazallin, we're all crossing evrything for you

plus its my nap so no favouritism there

GL
  • edited March 2011
    peddlers and oscar whisky, winner from those 2
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for all those wishing me on to win, shame it didnt happen, just got in to see the end of the 3.20 race, khyber kim wasnt in it :( I got a text telling me blazing bailey was no where, did it have any chance at all????

The gutting thing about that race just b4 i put my bet on i read an article that the fact that thornton had chose to ride on Bensalem was a good reson to stay away from Blazing Bailey, but i didnt listen!!

Oh well satill a nice return from my lucky 15, now for the patent :)

Good Luck all
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM 2011:
    Heres a few of my main Cheltenham bets Champion Hurdle - Hurricane Fly  this is my best bet of the festival..The horse has to defy the stats never ran at Cheltenham, No horse out of Monjeu has ever won at Cheltenham..Been beating the same horse over in Ireland time after time..Been running on soft ground bla bla..But i have no doubt this is the fastest horse in the race & has some star quality about him..This is the best race of the festival imo. Neptune Novice Hurdle - So Young  has been winning a few mickey mouse races in ireland in effortless style..No doubt short of the form needed to win this..But the trainer won this race in 2008 & 2009 and recentley put this horse up as his charity bet for the festival..I think theres plenty more left in the tank of this 1 and can see the irish getting stuck into either this or Oscars Well in the race.. Foxhunter Chase - Baby Run  won this race last year and 3rd the year before..A game front runner who has won both starts this season..The 1 to beat Also done a dreaming e/w acca Time For Rupert 9/4, Hurricane Fly 5/1, Baby Run 3/1, So Young 6/1, Quevega 11/10 & Big Bucks 11/10 £2.50 e/w to win around £6000..We can all dream.. Enjoy the festival and gl with all bets only 5days 5hours 23minutes & 26seconds left..Not that im counting lol  
    Posted by moonooo

Hate to blow on my own trumpet but get innnn what a horse hurricane fly is best bet of the week landed..You beautyyyyy thats my Cheltenham made..
  • edited March 2011
    horrible feeling when you know when your on the second horse as they approach the final hurdle, the fly was cantering all over in behind, he was very impressive and fair play, had the second and third win on ly lol! story of my day! c'mon vino gregio in the last, moore yard been firing recently and just hope and pray today with blinkers on will be the making of this mon key!!! as he does have talent and i will not give up on him! not just yet anyway..

congrats to all who picked the fly
  • edited March 2011
    Ocean Transit 3rd at 50-1, told ya she would have a chance, 

Hope some other people made some money

Have Faith

Father Vaigret 
  • edited March 2011
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

3/4 of my ew's placed, including the 50/1....

also £2 ew single.

Go go go Father V !!! woooooooooooooooo

- EDIT - £68 returned from the £7 L15, and £28 from the single bet on Ocean Transit.

Get that man a drink - Communion wine ftw. 
  • edited March 2011
    Yea great run there..But that winner is pure class breezed up...Ruby looks to have festival top jockey in the bag already with 3 winners
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks Doh for keeping the faith and well done
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks Doh for keeping the faith and well done
    Posted by vaigret
    Praise be to the Ocean for a great 3rd at 50 - 1 , pays for all todays losses

Thanks to you father for your tip

Keith
  • edited March 2011
    Nice one father! just a shame I didnt get to watch it!! bloody skybet kept saying i needed to place a bet on the race, I had placed a fookin bet!!!
  • edited March 2011

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I thought I had £2.50 E/W on oceans!

Turned out I forgot to tick E/W and put a single on...FML :(
  • edited March 2011
    Unlucky alan

and now a winner to finish off

Divers 10-1

it just gets better and better
  • edited March 2011
    Well Whatttttttt a day, started of well with 2 winners in my lucky 15 followed by 2 donkeys, £7.50 layed out £49.50 back.

Then it was my 50p each way patent for £7.00, it started with a donkey followed by father excellent tip that came third and ended with divers winning, this returned £35.31

Doesnt seem a huge retrun to be honest after having 3 good priced winners (8/1 8/1 9/1) and a 50/1 place but ill take it. 

Well done to all who picked winners, and to those who didnt better luck tomorrow

Shaz
    xxx
  • edited March 2011
    Brilliant Sharon, well done
  • edited March 2011
    I only had small bets, but had a cheeky 50p e/w on Oceans Transit so thank you Vaigret....it might be small but a win is a win. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
  • edited March 2011
    Life tilt!!

1 1/4 lengths from winning the place pot!! Cue card your a failure!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Unlucky alan and now a winner to finish off Divers 10-1 it just gets better and better
    Posted by vaigret
    Thank the lord :)

I did have a fiver on this @ 11/1, so up on the day even though still gutted about not pressing E/W on oceans.
  • edited March 2011
    Well Whatttttttt a day, started of well with 2 winners in my lucky 15 followed by 2 donkeys

thats a bit harsh shaz, blazing bailey was carrying top weight in one of the most competitive handicaps of the year!! far from a donkey, just the handicapper's caught up with him, run him and bensalem over levels and very different outcome, King will tell you the same. kyber kim a gallant 2nd last year, far tougher field this time around, think everyone knew that anyways beforehand. but for some theyre superstars when they win and donkeys when they lose and no happy medium!!!

i'd three seconds and thought they all ran very well, special mention to Garde champetre who ran a mighty race, again of top weight, ran a blinder the old boy. and i thought vino griego ran a solid race in 4th, just not enough to win after leading round. more thrills and spills tomorrow no question.

with ruby off his 'rock on' namesake im off myself in e/w and very much so young, which paul townend feared he would be replaced on, is getting hammered out of sight!!!! heres hoping he prevails!!