You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STOP MOANING

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Bad beats are part of the game. Its obvious theses people moaning about bad beats don't play live. I was playing at my local poker club last sunday: £50 buyin 10,000 stack and 40 min clock 60 players max: and the bad beats on that day was unreal. Player A went allin with 2 3 player B calls with K K turn 2 river 2 player B went out. Player A raises my big blind I shove with 6 6 player A calls with K K flop comes 10 6 6 I  double up. 3 players left I have A Q player A shoves with K 9 flop comes 10 J K ( great i say ) turn comes 9 river K. I finish in 3rd for £525. There was many more that day.
    So next time your A A gets beat by K K please keep it to yourself and stop saying sky poker or online poker is rigged.
               thank you :)
   ps We have a £100 buyin with 15000 starting stack on the 3rd of april if anyone up north is interested?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to STOP MOANING:
         Bad beats are part of the game. Its obvious theses people moaning about bad beats don't play live. I was playing at my local poker club last sunday: £50 buyin 10,000 stack and 40 min clock 60 players max: and the bad beats on that day was unreal. Player A went allin with 2 3 player B calls with K K turn 2 river 2 player B went out. Player A raises my big blind I shove with 6 6 player A calls with K K flop comes 10 6 6 I  double up. 3 players left I have A Q player A shoves with K 9 flop comes 10 J K ( great i say ) turn comes 9 river K. I finish in 3rd for £525. There was many more that day.     So next time your A A gets beat by K K please keep it to yourself and stop saying sky poker or online poker is rigged.                thank you :)    ps We have a £100 buyin with 15000 starting stack on the 3rd of april if anyone up north is interested?
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE

where up north? im interested
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING:
    In Response to STOP MOANING : where up north? im interested
    Posted by sikas
     Its whitehaven m8 its a well run tourney.
  • edited March 2011
    Ummm....

I moan about bad beats, infact im probably the worst for it, but i probably moan more about live bad beats than online ones.
  • edited March 2011
    don is your alias on stars the_donscott ??
  • edited March 2011
    Poker players like moaning. It's part of the fun.

I think live poker is rigged too anyway. I was playing the other night and got all in with AK and lost to somebody who called me with Q-10. Flop came Q-4-8. I must have been a MASSIVE favourite before the flop too, gotta be something funny going on there.
  • edited March 2011
    Poker players like moaning. It's part of the fun. I think live poker is rigged too anyway. I was playing the other night and got all in with AK and lost to somebody who called me with Q-10. Flop came Q-4-8. I must have been a MASSIVE favourite before the flop too, gotta be something funny going on there.
    Posted by AArodAA
    63% MASSIVE favourite, I can't believe you lost. In fact, it's almost impossible for you to lose.

lol. 
  • edited March 2011
         Bad beats are part of the game. Its obvious theses people moaning about bad beats don't play live. I was playing at my local poker club last sunday: £50 buyin 10,000 stack and 40 min clock 60 players max: and the bad beats on that day was unreal. Player A went allin with 2 3 player B calls with K K turn 2 river 2 player B went out. Player A raises my big blind I shove with 6 6 player A calls with K K flop comes 10 6 6 I  double up. 3 players left I have A Q player A shoves with K 9 flop comes 10 J K ( great i say ) turn comes 9 river K. I finish in 3rd for £525. There was many more that day.     So next time your A A gets beat by K K please keep it to yourself and stop saying sky poker or online poker is rigged.                thank you :)    ps We have a £100 buyin with 15000 starting stack on the 3rd of april if anyone up north is interested?
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    I had AA cracked by AK just before the bubble at yesterdays SPT.

Can I tell you about it Do or Die?
  • edited March 2011

Posted by DO_OR_DIE

Really opened a thread to moan at people to stop moaning?  If you have an issue with other people expressing their opinions and experiences it seems like the easiest thing in the world to not go out of your way to read them?  Telling poker players not to discuss bad beats is like telling the sun not to rise, your post is pretty childish and naive.

There's this little known collection of tournaments called the world series of poker.  There's this pretty cool new business thats grown around it.  There's actually a booth/desk you can go to discuss your bad beat/tournament exit in.  I guess the people that set up the service are just dumb too huh?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to STOP MOANING : Really opened a thread to moan at people to stop moaning?  If you have an issue with other people expressing their opinions and experiences it seems like the easiest thing in the world to not go out of your way to read them?  Telling poker players not to discuss bad beats is like telling the sun not to rise, your post is pretty childish and naive. There's this little known collection of tournaments called the world series of poker.  There's this pretty cool new business thats grown around it.  There's actually a booth/desk you can go to discuss your bad beat/tournament exit in.  I guess the people that set up the service are just dumb too huh?
    Posted by AMYBR
     My point was infact about the threads on here about people saying online poker was rigged. I was trying to say it happens live too..
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING :  My point was infact about the threads on here about people saying online poker was rigged. I was trying to say it happens live too..
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    Doesnt mean online poker isnt rigged. Doesnt mean it is rigged either. Just means you saw a few bad beats playing live. Totally irrelevant to the question of whether online poker is rigged or not.
    So stop moaning about people moaning.
  • edited March 2011
    I told the sun not to rise once,    alas it didnt obey, but, It made me feel good to cuss at that dam annoying ball of fire.

Made me feel good expresing my angry opinion,  Was I wrong?   Maybe I am and Do or die doesnt have the right to his opinion.

Maybe Amybrs opinion is somehow more valid than do or dies,

Who knows

For me,  People who think skypoker is rigged are pluggs. People who moan about bad beats are weak.

Thats my opinion and im sticking to it untill someone convinces me otherwise.
  • edited March 2011
    don is your alias on stars the_donscott ??
    Posted by delaney09
    It is indeed, Just won $585 for $1 there lol :D.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Doesnt mean online poker isnt rigged. Doesnt mean it is rigged either. Just means you saw a few bad beats playing live. Totally irrelevant to the question of whether online poker is rigged or not. So stop moaning about people moaning.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Lovely retort,oh and +1 to ure post as well xx
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
  • edited March 2011
    Stop moaning wimps
  • edited March 2011
    Stop moaning wimps
    Posted by NODEAL

I came itno the thread knowing I would agree with your post Mr Nodeal!! :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : I came itno the thread knowing I would agree with your post Mr Nodeal!! :)
    Posted by beaneh
    shucks....   me is blushing

hey beaney..  :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING :  My point was infact about the threads on here about people saying online poker was rigged. I was trying to say it happens live too..
    Posted by DO_OR_DIE

Fair enough, it does happen live too - naturally.  Also yes people moaning that online poker is rigged when there 60 - 80% hands dont hold is frustrating.  But beyond that their are many people who have very informed discussion/debate in regard to software and RNG's.  If you are SAP (serious about poker) and primarily play online then think its pretty foolhardy not to have all the information at hand

People who debate this are looked upon with such biased derision.  When all they are doing is exercising their right to question a product.  I've been quite critical of people in the past who state "If you think its rigged, dont play".  But I've pretty much subscribed to that philosophy now.  But there's nothing wrong with discussing it in an open sincere way.

• edited March 2011

I wish people would stop moaning about people moaning...

:)

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Fair enough, it does happen live too - naturally.  Also yes people moaning that online poker is rigged when there 60 - 80% hands dont hold is frustrating.  But beyond that their are many people who have very informed discussion/debate in regard to software and RNG's.  If you are SAP (serious about poker) and primarily play online then think its pretty foolhardy not to have all the information at hand People who debate this are looked upon with such biased derision.  When all they are doing is exercising their right to question a product.  I've been quite critical of people in the past who state "If you think its rigged, dont play".  But I've pretty much subscribed to that philosophy now.  But there's nothing wrong with discussing it in an open sincere way.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Iv read most of your threads regarding rng,   You might argue that it is just good debate, I would argue that it is more than just good debate,  Its slanderous Imo,   If you are even hinting that things are not above board then in my opinion you should have evidence to support your thoughts.

Everything that you have put forward so far is spurious and nit picky, To make big claims you need good evidence not supposing evidence, your rng discussion only proved that random number generators arnt perfect and you seem to hold skypoker to account for that.

You probably understand that rngs are as close to reality as we can manage with current technology And yet you still try to instill doubt into players who might listen to you.

You are however entitled to your opinion however unfair it might be to the corporate provider(Skypoker) Whitch you so readily use.

I am also entitled to my opinion in That im sick of hearing you bumping on endlessly putting doubt into inexperienced players and dashing thier hopes before they have a chance to develope a winning game.

To summarize One or two posts making your concerns known wouldv been normal and probably informative, week in week out spoiling is just plain annoying.
  • edited March 2011
    To be honest i'm just sick of the winging and moaning full stop. There are few fun posts anymore just fixed this and rng that and argue another....I recon as a forum we are better than this, I know people have gripes but would a better option be just have a thread up for gripes!!!!

I love the sky community and have been lucky enough to meet a few of you at SPT's...some of which have gone on to be friends....But honestly, all this bickering is killing me and turning it into an-other standard forum. I may be wrong but I thought we were better than that

Sponsored ban moaning on sky week for comic relief FTW

Recon you can do it...

xx

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Iv read most of your threads regarding rng,   You might argue that it is just good debate, I would argue that it is more than just good debate,  Its slanderous Imo,   If you are even hinting that things are not above board then in my opinion you should have evidence to support your thoughts. Everything that you have put forward so far is spurious and nit picky, To make big claims you need good evidence not supposing evidence, your rng discussion only proved that random number generators arnt perfect and you seem to hold skypoker to account for that. You probably understand that rngs are as close to reality as we can manage with current technology And yet you still try to instill doubt into players who might listen to you. You are however entitled to your opinion however unfair it might be to the corporate provider(Skypoker) Whitch you so readily use. I am also entitled to my opinion in That im sick of hearing you bumping on endlessly putting doubt into inexperienced players and dashing thier hopes before they have a chance to develope a winning game. To summarize One or two posts making your concerns known wouldv been normal and probably informative, week in week out spoiling is just plain annoying.
    Posted by NODEAL
    exactly.
  • edited March 2011

Yeh less of the moaning, more of the full on blazing rows please.

- Bandini needs to stop going out on a Friday night

- Lucy needs to stop leaving for good, and start leaving for 4 hours at a time again

- emilyegg needs to be re-instated 

- And I need to stop running bad, so I can actually play on late enough to get drunk enough to   kick off.
  • edited March 2011
    To be honest i'm just sick of the winging and moaning full stop. There are few fun posts anymore just fixed this and rng that and argue another....I recon as a forum we are better than this, I know people have gripes but would a better option be just have a thread up for gripes!!!! I love the sky community and have been lucky enough to meet a few of you at SPT's...some of which have gone on to be friends....But honestly, all this bickering is killing me and turning it into an-other standard forum. I may be wrong but I thought we were better than that Sponsored ban moaning on sky week for comic relief FTW Recon you can do it... xx
    Posted by TRIP5

Dam  that means I cant post anything for a week..........

Dam that means I can't post the above.....

Dam..........

• edited March 2011
    First up, this post is with my 'Dave the poker player' hat on, not my offical Sky Poker one. These are my personal opinions on the whole bad beat thing.

- Bad beats happen live.
    - Bad beats happen online. 
    - People moan about bad beats at live events all the time (ask me about some of the corkers I've heard. "I got my eights cracked by Ace-King" is a personal favourite).
    - People moan about bad beats online, too. 
    - You play more hands online in one hour than you do when playing live, therefore the bad beats online come more often.

This is the bit that confuses me though....

When will people realise that, if they're being given bad beats it means they've got their money in good and that is all we can aim to do as a poker player?

You also have those who seem to think a bad beat is losing a coin flip. They might get really unlucky and lose several coin flips in a row. You know what? It's happened to all of us at some point.

Discussions about RNGs being broken happen all over the place - on Sky (see Area 51 if that's your kind of gravy) as well as pretty much any poker forum in existence. Discussing the concept of a flawed RNG is fine, but the danger is people use the possibility as an excuse for not examining their own game, as a reason not to learn or improve or even just stop caring about the game. Some folks play like utter garbage in a session and blame the fact they're 'running bad', the 'deck was cold', or whatever. I know because it's an excuse I used all the time when I started playing this game. I could do no wrong but the maths could. Weird. 

If you got in a car which you thought had a dodgy set of brakes, would you still use it? If you think ANY online poker room has an RNG that's rigged, would you continue to play on there? It's just a common sense thing - I wouldn't use something that I honestly thought was broke. 

When we're steaming/on a downswing/just had a pair cracked by the dreaded two overcards and are about to go into a poker crisis as a result, we look to everything around us for an excuse. Men 'The Master' Nguyen has won stacks of live tournaments (many of them under suspicion of collusion or chip dumping from some of the players in his 'stable', but that's a different story). He's been in the game for well over 30 years and you know what? He STILL pitches cards at the dealer, swears at them and acts like a fool when something doesn't go his way. He's a pro and he STILL thinks the dealer is the one to blame for his misfortune. He's one of the easiest poker players to dislike, simply because he abuses people doing their job. 

Play with a bit of class and you'll find the game treats you well back - look at the likes of Dollie, Browndogg, Jamielou and even Tikay. The latter is an utter fish but because he conducts himself like a gent for every single second he's at the tables he always gets there with those aces.... ;)

Cliffnotes: Bad beats happen. If you can't hack it, play chess and you won't have to worry about variance. An essential part of being the best you can at this game comes from emotional and financial control. Remember you got it in good, the deck doesn't remember the beats and play your A-game from the very next hand. 

/sermon :)

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Iv read most of your threads regarding rng,   You might argue that it is just good debate, I would argue that it is more than just good debate,  Its slanderous Imo,   If you are even hinting that things are not above board then in my opinion you should have evidence to support your thoughts. Everything that you have put forward so far is spurious and nit picky, To make big claims you need good evidence not supposing evidence, your rng discussion only proved that random number generators arnt perfect and you seem to hold skypoker to account for that. You probably understand that rngs are as close to reality as we can manage with current technology And yet you still try to instill doubt into players who might listen to you. You are however entitled to your opinion however unfair it might be to the corporate provider(Skypoker) Whitch you so readily use. I am also entitled to my opinion in That im sick of hearing you bumping on endlessly putting doubt into inexperienced players and dashing thier hopes before they have a chance to develope a winning game. To summarize One or two posts making your concerns known wouldv been normal and probably informative, week in week out spoiling is just plain annoying.
    Posted by NODEAL

I think if you actually look at it in context, where an opinion has been asked for I have offered it - rather than intrusively banging on.  As long as people continue to look at this topic in such a narrow minded way, then my opinion is just as valid as yours, wherther it is repetitive or not.  It is not about installing doubt in the slightest, it is about furthering my understanding with other peoples experiences.  I could say I'm tired of people "bumping on endlessly" putting such false expectation into inexperienced players.  But  I've only ever been interested in sincere debate.  As I said, whether repetitive or not - my point of view is as relative as yours and what you say here is unwarrented and very, very rude. 
  • edited March 2011
    First up, this post is with my 'Dave the poker player' hat on, not my offical Sky Poker one.............
    Posted by Sky_Dave

I'm sorry Dave,  describing yourself thus is slander, libel, untruthful,  not sure which one it is but you know what I'm getting at ;o)

Great post.  I love the Car brake analogy.  It is a great point.  If you honestly feel that the RNG is not up to scratch at a certain site.  Why would you play it.

Another point,  at my local casino all games are dealer dealt.  All the dealers are a great bunch of lads and lasses. However there are some that are better dealers than others.  You can tell by the way they shuffle the cards that they have been shuffled a lot better than some other dealers.  

Would you ask for another dealer to be used because you don't think the dealer sufficiently randomised the cards?

I don't think so 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Iv read most of your threads regarding rng,   You might argue that it is just good debate, I would argue that it is more than just good debate,  Its slanderous Imo,   If you are even hinting that things are not above board then in my opinion you should have evidence to support your thoughts. Everything that you have put forward so fas spurious and nit picky, To make big claims you need good evidence not supposing evidence, your rng discussion only proved that random number generators arnt perfect and you seem to hold skypoker to account for that.r i You probably understand that rngs are as close to reality as we can manage with current technology And yet you still try to instill doubt into players who might listen to you. You are however entitled to your opinion however unfair it might be to the corporate provider(Skypoker) Whitch you so readily use. I am also entitled to my opinion in That im sick of hearing you bumping on endlessly putting doubt into inexperienced players and dashing thier hopes before they have a chance to develope a winning game. To summarize One or two posts making your concerns known wouldv been normal and probably informative, week in week out spoiling is just plain annoying.
    Posted by NODEAL

It isn't slanderous - it can't possibly be slanderous.

I'm not aware that Amybr ever made big claims or held Sky responsible.

You finished this sentence too soon you forgot to add ......... ''or lose all their money''

• ybyb
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : It isn't slanderous - it can't possibly be slanderous. I'm not aware that Amybr ever made big claims or held Sky responsible. You finished this sentence too soon you forgot to add ......... ''or lose all their money''
    Posted by elsadog
    how on earth would Sky not be responsible if their site was fixed as you are so happy to believe? of course its slanderous.

you all makes these claims about 'not being happy about what you're seeing' as if that is concrete evidence of some wrong doing, and then refuse outright to listen to people who have played thousands more hands than you on this site.