You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STOP MOANING

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING:
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : how on earth would Sky not be responsible if their site was fixed as you are so happy to believe? of course its slanderous. you all makes these claims about 'not being happy about what you're seeing' as if that is concrete evidence of some wrong doing, and then refuse outright to listen to people who have played thousands more hands than you on this site.
    Posted by yb

See, there's a thing.  I dont make assumptions about other players.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : how on earth would Sky not be responsible if their site was fixed as you are so happy to believe? of course its slanderous. you all makes these claims about 'not being happy about what you're seeing' as if that is concrete evidence of some wrong doing, and then refuse outright to listen to people who have played thousands more hands than you on this site.
    Posted by yb

It is NOT slanderous ...... it can't possibly be. To write anything, however opinionated, cannot be considered slanderous.

When have I ever refused to listen to anyone with an opposite view to mine? It might be helpful if you could point me in the direction of the thread, sentence where I refused to listen.

You might also like to show me where and when I ever said that Sky had purposely and knowingly fixed the game. I can show where I said the complete opposite of that.

I would suggest you are the one making unfounded accusations.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : It is indeed, Just won $585 for $1 there lol :D.
    Posted by The_Don90
    lol i was in the same tournament i was 8th with something like 80 left, left the laptop with my mum for 2 seconds while i did something come back and i was out lol $6 i got sigh
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : It is indeed, Just won $585 for $1 there lol :D.
    Posted by The_Don90

Nice one Don. I got the news of this on MSN last night.  :o)
  • edited March 2011
    ah its my single biggest tournament cash, which most of is going towards paying that phone bill lol.

Was great had a number of the sky poker players railing, felt really nice.

Alan you have msn? lol.
  • edited March 2011
    Very nice score Don!  Don't take too much out, that could be a nice roll for you to build from.

Oh yeah stop moaning guys.  All poker is rigged obv so why moan.
  • edited March 2011
    Very nice score Don!  Don't take too much out, that could be a nice roll for you to build from. Oh yeah stop moaning guys.  All poker is rigged obv so why moan.
    Posted by scotty77
    Ive withdrew £200 which ill require to pay bills and left £164 in. Wont be moving much up in stakes yet either for that reason sticking to the $1 and $2 tournaments to build a roll from.

Was a great confidence booster and in fairness i did get lucky on two occassions but in an 8 hr long tournament can you really win it without a little bit of luck?

Although the AK v AA turnaround was pretty huge, and extremely lucky, never before have i actually said, i should have avoided that. 50BB deep i really shouldnt have been happy to flip.

But none the less as you said something i can build a roll from, my financial management is worse than my BRM, mainly because i looked at money for far too long without seeing the importance of it.

Morale of the story, im always wrong lol.
  • edited March 2011
    Nice one Donald!!!!!

Seems our fortunes have changed!

You are winning and i have been losing!

PS. the moaning is getting tedious.

Like sky dave says if you think online poker is dodgy just don't play..................
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think online poker is rigged but I do think everything else is.
  • edited March 2011
    Nice one Donald!!!!! Seems our fortunes have changed! You are winning and i have been losing! PS. the moaning is getting tedious. Like sky dave says if you think online poker is dodgy just don't play..................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    haha maybe.

anyways, best stop talking about this on here, i might get a row.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : I think if you actually look at it in context, where an opinion has been asked for I have offered it - rather than intrusively banging on.  As long as people continue to look at this topic in such a narrow minded way, then my opinion is just as valid as yours, wherther it is repetitive or not.  It is not about installing doubt in the slightest, it is about furthering my understanding with other peoples experiences.  I could say I'm tired of people "bumping on endlessly" putting such false expectation into inexperienced players.  But  I've only ever been interested in sincere debate.  As I said, whether repetitive or not - my point of view is as relative as yours and what you say here is unwarrented and very, very rude. 
    Posted by AMYBR
    Huh  Im rude!!! Im rude to point out you have the right to your opinion even though its slanderous and repetative/destructive?, you do have the right to put your point and skypoker graciously allows you venue to make that point publicly But they dont need to give you that oppertunity(they just do)

You say that people look at this topic in such a narrow minded way, That claim is just as spurious as your innuendo of skypoker being possably rigged, Why is it narrow minded to dissagree with what you say? You have put your points on public display in such small detail over a long period of time. Are you saying we dont have enough decernment to understand what you say? or is it just another assumption?.

You cant just say your point is valid, You have to prove its valid,

No1  your point is in no way as relative as mine as my point includes no assumptions

No2 Unless Advertising executives have got it wrong over the decades what you say on public forums has an effect.

No3 The effect of your points, although I believe are given in good faith might lead begginers in the poker world to the wrong conclusion and lead to thier early exit from the game.

No4 Your points about rngs are usually on threads related to bad beats leading the reader to question skypokers integrity.

No5 You are claiming that my reply to you was rude probably because I said in my opinion your points were  spurious repetative and annoying,  The only claim you have here is that im pointing out the uncomfortable truth.

For the record I do my fair share of skypoker bashing so im not one sided, I do have some gripes but try to put them forward in a fair manner.  On the whole the service is not perfect but its better than any other I have had dealings with.

Peter
  • edited March 2011
    Loved this level I read in Area 51 a few days back. The guys one and only post on the forum and it's bordering on genius;

Re: fix

posted at 11/3/2011 1:27 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com
    First: 11/3/2011
    Last: 11/3/2011
    In Response to fix:
    online poker is a fix fullstop,it should be stopped there is no1 i would believe that sais it wasnt,it seems u need to lose about 5grand afore u can win a tournament,playing against weak players.skypoker is deleting thanks and goodbye.
    Posted by duacelXL

You are an idiot. Just annoyed cause your no good.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : It isn't slanderous - it can't possibly be slanderous. I'm not aware that Amybr ever made big claims or held Sky responsible. You finished this sentence too soon you forgot to add ......... ''or lose all their money''
    Posted by elsadog
    Slander is a legal determination and can only be decided by a court of law, Thats why I said it was slanderous in my opinion(bangs his head against the wall)

I hold to my opinion that the majority of threads where the rng discussion has been brought up has usually started of with a bad beat story with accussations of skypoker being fixed, This implies that the two are connected and could be argued as slander. 1+1= 2, Any one reading those threads know whats being implied and to deny it is downright cowardice.

If someone wants to make a point they should make it outright like the way irishrover made his point regarding the rake in micro,   He didnt pu ssy foot about trying imply saying 1+1=2 he just said it.

The point you and ambyr make is more cloak an dagger,  I would not have even commented on this subject if I didnt believe that you two are putting a valid disscussion in an inappropriate format and putting doubt into the players who are starting out.

All the players on skypoker are on a level playing field and anyone who developes thier game enough can make a lot of money from poker(Thats a fact), What isnt a fact is that the imperfections of the rng will stop people developing a winning game.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Slander is a legal determination and can only be decided by a court of law, Thats why I said it was slanderous in my opinion(bangs his head against the wall) I hold to my opinion that the majority of threads where the rng discussion has been brought up has usually started of with a bad beat story with accussations of skypoker being fixed, This implies that the two are connected and could be argued as slander. 1+1= 2, Any one reading those threads know whats being implied and to deny it is downright cowardice. If someone wants to make a point they should make it outright like the way irishrover made his point regarding the rake in micro,   He didnt pu ssy foot about trying imply saying 1+1=2 he just said it. The point you and ambyr make is more cloak an dagger,  I would not have even commented on this subject if I didnt believe that you two are putting a valid disscussion in an inappropriate format and putting doubt into the players who are starting out. All the players on skypoker are on a level playing field and anyone who developes thier game enough can make a lot of money from poker(Thats a fact), What isnt a fact is that the imperfections of the rng will stop people developing a winning game.
    Posted by NODEAL
    Stating your opinion in writing on a forum is NOT slander!!!!!!!!!!!

Now stop banging your head against the wall and think about it! Or should I spell it out in simple terms for you?
  • edited March 2011
    Your wrong in so many ways I do not know how to reply.  Also I think you will find I have compromised on many issues, even retracting one or two.  My mind is not made up on the matter, but yes I do think it is a coversation worth having.  Like it or not, the integrity of online poker IS something alot of people have concerns with and would like to explore. 

And yes, you are very rude.

The OT told people to stop moaning about bad beats and online poker being rigged.  By its nature my post is very relative.  Where I have discussed this "repetitive" subject it has always been linked to the context of the thread.  I see where you're coming from though, I find the standard propaganda in support of online poker very shallow and repetitive.

Overall though you have a point, a point only needs to be made so many times. 
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Stating your opinion in writing on a forum is NOT slander!!!!!!!!!!! Now stop banging your head against the wall and think about it! Or should I spell it out in simple terms for you?
    Posted by elsadog
    What are you on about??  Stating an opinion is not slander!!!   Of course stating an opinion in not slander,Way to go, 10 out of 10 for stating the obvious,(DUH)

Stating a slanderous opinion is slanderous.

Implying on badbeat/skypoker is fixed threads that the reason people are somehow not on a level playing field because of rng is Imo slander.

Note I have the courtesy to reply to what you say, I dont just throw in irelevent obvious remarks like your answer to my recent post.

I Am clearly stating your opinion on rng is valid but only in a cerain context.
    The wrong context IMO would be on skypoker is fixed/bad beat threads.

Linking the two might pull the heart out of the players dreaming of improving thier game to make money and make them give up for the wrong reasons.

Please respond to what im actually saying not what Im not saying.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Stating your opinion in writing on a forum is NOT slander!!!!!!!!!!! Now stop banging your head against the wall and think about it! Or should I spell it out in simple terms for you?
    Posted by elsadog
    And yes spell it out, I have,   So far you havnt made or refuted any of my points successfully.
  • edited March 2011
    LOL you make me laugh nodeal.

Slander is the spoken word. For the written word it's Libel.
  • edited March 2011
    Your wrong in so many ways I do not know how to reply.  Also I think you will find I have compromised on many issues, even retracting one or two.  My mind is not made up on the matter, but yes I do think it is a conversation worth having.  Like it or not, the integrity of online poker IS something alot of people have concerns with and would like to explore.  And yes, you are very rude. The OT told people to stop moaning about bad beats and online poker being rigged.  By its nature my post is very relative.  Where I have discussed this "repetitive" subject it has always been linked to the context of the thread.  I see where you're coming from though, I find the standard propaganda in support of online poker very shallow and repetitive. Overall though you have a point, a point only needs to be made so many times. 
    Posted by AMYBR
    Dont just say im wrong in so many ways,  Dont spare me show me point for point the way I respond to your posts.

I have never said you dont compromise..  There iv dealt with that feeble attempt to put words in my mouth.

Your mind is not made up on the matter,  Maybe I can help you along there by pointing out your rng points contextually wrong.

Me pointing out what is not an assumption and is indeed fact is not rude,At most it can only be described as hurtful,   The facts im talking about are repetition bumping on about one subject(fact) boring to some people(fact) Liable to lead some beginners to think the game is fixed(fact)
    If you pee in the streets an someone points it out in public some might say its rude to do that but hey if no one points it out they might think its ok.

Ok I cant speak for everyone but when I speak, I speak for myself And have no agenda other than informing beginners in poker that its a level playing field Imo And rng will not affect ones ability to develop a winning game,  No propaganda with me mate just straight talk.  If you mean you think my contribution on this topic is propaganda please have the ba llsi to say it and not go down the road of innuendo.

Note I responded to what you said , Please do me the same courtesy.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : Dont just say im wrong in so many ways,  Dont spare me show me point for point the way I respond to your posts. I have never said you dont compromise..  There iv dealt with that feeble attempt to put words in my mouth. Your mind is not made up on the matter,  Maybe I can help you along there by pointing out your rng points contextually wrong. Me pointing out what is not an assumption and is indeed fact is not rude,At most it can only be described as hurtful,   The facts im talking about are repetition bumping on about one subject(fact) boring to some people(fact) Liable to lead some beginners to think the game is fixed(fact) If you pee in the streets an someone points it out in public some might say its rude to do that but hey if no one points it out they might think its ok. Ok I cant speak for everyone but when I speak, I speak for myself And have no agenda other than informing beginners in poker that its a level playing field Imo And rng will not affect ones ability to develop a winning game,  No propaganda with me mate just straight talk.  If you mean you think my contribution on this topic is propaganda please have the ba llsi to say it and not go down the road of innuendo. Note I responded to what you said , Please do me the same courtesy.
    Posted by NODEAL
    The entire content of your post is hostile and confrontational.  If you go back through this thread you'll find that mine are anything but, and for the record i dont care what is and what isnt slander. 

I will PM you rather than childishly try and score points in the forum.  But I will state here that I was not implying that your contribution was propaganda, I was giving a very simple like for like comparison on what two individuals with alternate perspectives may find repetitive.

Also it has nothing to do with balls bud.  Selectively misinterpreting what someone is saying and being overly critical and hostile isnt brave, its pretty much the opposite.
  • edited March 2011
    LOL you make me laugh nodeal. Slander is the spoken word. For the written word it's Libel.
    Posted by elsadog
    Ok so the best you can manage is a small technicality to refute my points. Bravo!!!

Ok substitute one word liable for slander and bobs your uncle.

Your honer I stabbed him to death , you said I shot him,   lol you lose your honer I must be innocent.

Why does it make you laugh that I might make such a minor mistake??

People make spelling/grama/mistakes all the time,  It doesnt detract to much from what they are saying.

A man catches a thief stealing his wallet, he makes a statment to the police saying he stole my walet, The.... ple boid thief says officer I must be innocent he spelled wallet wrong. Way to go einstein.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : The entire content of your post is hostile and confrontational.  If you go back through this thread you'll find that mine are anything but, and for the record i dont care what is and what isnt slander.  I will PM you rather than childishly try and score points in the forum.  But I will state here that I was not implying that your contribution was propaganda, I was giving a very simple like for like comparison on what two individuals with alternate perspectives may find repetitive. Also it has nothing to do with balls bud.  Selectively misinterpreting what someone is saying and being overly critical and hostile isnt brave, its pretty much the opposite.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Confrontational Yes,  Hostile , Not in my opinion, I will remind you that I have taken your points, point for point and tried to answer them in all honesty, Again your comment about scoring points on the forum implies that it might be my purpose,  I didnt say that you directly accused me of propaganda but you implied it the same way your implying that im trying to score points, The same way you are implying that skypoker might be rigged but not atcually coming out and saying it.

And yes in my opinion it does have to do with ba lls, porporting that the people who dissagree with your rng points are engaging in propaganda while its obvious that we are discussing my dissagreement of your points is in fact implying that my opinion is propaganda.

Your Answers to all the posts thus far have been vague and havnt addressed the points im putting forward.

I Am dealing with this on the forum because you brought it up on the forum.
  • edited March 2011
    OWNED
    Posted by elsadog
    In your dreams

You have said on this thread exactly the sum total of what is in your head.

nothing
  • edited March 2011
    I think its pretty clear its gone out of that sphere now.  If I wanted to say that I thought online poker was rigged, I would simply say that.  I'm not insinuating or suggesting.  I'm trying to have a sincere debate with other people concerning my experiences and theirs.  I honestly dont know, nor claim to know, one way or the other, thats the point.

I pretty much already agreed with you and said a point only needs making so many times.  I'm not implying your trying to score points, I'm flat out stating thats what your doing.  I suggest you go back, look at my post, then yours and ask yourself if your looking for a conversation or simply an argument.

As i said I will PM you concerning the rest
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: STOP MOANING : In your dreams You have said on this thread exactly the sum total of what is in your head.                      nothing
    Posted by NODEAL

:o)

Sorry I was rather busy.
  • edited March 2011
    Never read such a load of locks for bowls
  • edited March 2011
    what?,plenty of people steal porridge you know!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    They have no bowl locks, thats why!!!
  • edited March 2011
    1) Spurs may win the premiership next year.

2) Elvis  may be alive and living on the moon.

3)Tikay may play a hand worse than AA.

4)Maxally may play a rebuy.

5) Sky poker may be rigged.

6) We all may get a £10k tax rebate this year.

All of these statements may or may not be true, but to hear the same arguments put forward by the same people across many different threads on this forum would get boring whichever statement they supported.

But if anyone has any evidence relating to any of the above I would be glad to hear it.