You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time to go.....for now...

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
I have decided to take a long break. Last few weeks i have played apalling, tilting, bad attitude and tbh i havnt enjoyed playing poker at all. So im off, not sure how long for i just want a break, I shall no doubt contribute to the community at some point, but not sure if il be returning to play poker.

Gl to all on the tables :)

Dave

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Must be due to spending so long down that well !

GL m8 sure you will be back soon

• edited March 2011

wacko u run so good though..........

UL man no doubt see ya soon GL

• edited March 2011
    been bought back down to earth then.
  • edited March 2011

You are wise way beyond your years, Wacko.

You have hit the downswing "wall", but have not moaned or groaned, blamed the world & his wife, or given it the "it's rigged" nonsense, or the "I'm NEVER gonna Post again" stuff, you have just accepted it for what it is, taken it on the chin, & made a brave decision.

My respect for you is immense.

Enjoy the break, & come back refreshed.

Take care bud.

RAISE!
  • edited March 2011
    All the best players take a break m8, re group and come back fresher and stronger.

gl
  • edited March 2011
    going ta miss ya wacko on tables your my hero lol. enjoy the break and see ya when your refreshed
  • edited March 2011

If you give me a tenner and refund all my losses, I'll play you HU for half an hour to get you back into form if you like. 

:)
  • edited March 2011

Enjoy your break, I won't be the least bit surprised if you come back playing better than ever.

• edited March 2011
    up and downs it s poker m8.fergusen didn t cash 40 tourneys in the row.u ar top player and couple of days off will make u even better and stronger.enjoy ur break and see u soon.gl to  u
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now...:
    been bought back down to earth then.
    Posted by pryce6
    Pryce it seems you have an issue with me :) You still seem so be smarting at the fact i knocked you out the TOTTY REBUY with Q 10 against you 97 after you put in an apalling re raise then calling my all in with one pair :) i find it strange that 9 other people give me support on a thread and you, not even knowing me as a person don't. 

You seem like just the sort of person that is not wanted on this forum, if you have nothing nice to say please refrain from saying it, I and nobody else needs your petty comments, or your rude questions on in the well for example :)

Take care and good luck, you have a good game :)
  • edited March 2011
    You are wise way beyond your years, Wacko. You have hit the downswing "wall", but have not moaned or groaned, blamed the world & his wife, or given it the "it's rigged" nonsense, or the "I'm NEVER gonna Post again" stuff, you have just accepted it for what it is, taken it on the chin, & made a brave decision. My respect for you is immense. Enjoy the break, & come back refreshed. Take care bud. RAISE!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay :)

Im going to play some live stuff at aspers and just have a bit of fun playing live for a while. Then come back a better player, better BRM and a better attitude :D
  • edited March 2011
    but not sure if il be returning to play poker.

WHAT
    you can't give up on poker it's like being part of the mafia once your in there is no way out lol good luck with the live play and hopefully you will be back here soon refreshed and roaring to go again...
  • edited March 2011
    all the best see you soon
  • edited March 2011

Before you go Dave, have you got any pictures of............:))

Take care pal, enjoy your break!
  • edited March 2011

Wackster - PM me when you plan to go to Aspers Northampton, & I'll come along if I can, & round up a few Sky Poker regulars, too.

You do know you need to be at least 18 years old to get in, yeah?
  • edited March 2011
    Before you go Dave, have you got any pictures of............:)) Take care pal, enjoy your break!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    haha alan! are you going to spt leeds?? She is coming if i make it ;)
  • edited March 2011
    after my results i should be out 3years ago.i never won primo and u done it twice.come on m8.even mickjenn1 has bad run.keep going m8
  • edited March 2011
    after my results i should be out 3years ago.i never won primo and u done it twice.come on m8.even mickjenn1 has bad run.keep going m8
    Posted by martin111[/QUO

Hi martin. I just need a break for myself tbh, take some time to enjoy poker a bit more, spend more time with my gf etc and just enjoy myself for a bit. Ibv got a lot fo uni work on too so i need to make sure i nail it :)
  • edited March 2011
    what would bean laden say if he knew you were leaving us
  • edited March 2011
    what would bean laden say if he knew you were leaving us
    Posted by delaney09
    he would say. phlebeb ;) haha not for good delaney dont worry man :P
  • edited March 2011
    hi wacko hope your break refreshes you and you'll know doubt come back stronger.As you know i think you are a really good player and have given me confidence to try out different things.Good luck m8.
  • edited March 2011

Important to keep yourself fresh and take a break every now and then.

Take care bud!  Hope to see you back soon.

• edited March 2011
    MATE.......

IF.....

IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools: If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Nuff Said !!

GL With Uni work !

The Hitman
  • edited March 2011
    As you have already noted on this thread there is 'always one' whose sarcasm just cant seem to be helped eh mate ;)

You take care wacko and enjoy your time away and for sure you will once again be tearing up the mtt's

Best of luck friend xxx
  • edited March 2011
    Prcye!

If only you were as lively on primo as you are on the forums............................
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : Pryce it seems you have an issue with me :) You still seem so be smarting at the fact i knocked you out the TOTTY REBUY with Q 10 against you 97 after you put in an apalling re raise then calling my all in with one pair :) i find it strange that 9 other people give me support on a thread and you, not even knowing me as a person don't.  You seem like just the sort of person that is not wanted on this forum, if you have nothing nice to say please refrain from saying it, I and nobody else needs your petty comments, or your rude questions on in the well for example :) Take care and good luck, you have a good game :)
    Posted by Wacko90
    lol at the lengthy response. ty. the re-raise is meant to fold out hands like Q-To btw.

I just found it so sigh that after luckboxing a few tournaments suddenly a downswing and we have another "goodbye for now" thread. You obviously win (somehow) and downswings are part of the game, maybe you just are not as good as you thought you were or were built up to be by others. Just learn from it.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : lol at the lengthy response. ty. the re-raise is meant to fold out hands like Q-To btw. I just found it so sigh that after luckboxing a few tournaments suddenly a downswing and we have another "goodbye for now" thread. You obviously win (somehow) and downswings are part of the game, maybe you just are not as good as you thought you were or were built up to be by others. Just learn from it.
    Posted by pryce6
    LOL! I believe taking a break is learning from it :) and yes i luckboxed the primo. Twice. In a month. Let me know when you win a main event wont you :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : LOL! I believe taking a break is learning from it :) and yes i luckboxed the primo. Twice. In a month. Let me know when you win a main event wont you :)
    Posted by Wacko90
    few weeks ago fella. Gl with your break.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : few weeks ago fella. Gl with your break.
    Posted by pryce6
    Well then congratulations :) and ty!
  • edited March 2011
    Where's harry hill when you need him.........FIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! Good luck wacko , come back refreshed best option if not enjoying poker.Dave.