You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time to go.....for now...

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now...:
    Prcye! If only you were as lively on primo as you are on the forums............................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    lol
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : lol at the lengthy response. ty. the re-raise is meant to fold out hands like Q-To btw. I just found it so sigh that after luckboxing a few tournaments suddenly a downswing and we have another "goodbye for now" thread. You obviously win (somehow) and downswings are part of the game, maybe you just are not as good as you thought you were or were built up to be by others. Just learn from it.
    Posted by pryce6
    I lol'd.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : lol at the lengthy response. ty. the re-raise is meant to fold out hands like Q-To btw. I just found it so sigh that after luckboxing a few tournaments suddenly a downswing and we have another "goodbye for now" thread. You obviously win (somehow) and downswings are part of the game, maybe you just are not as good as you thought you were or were built up to be by others. Just learn from it.
    Posted by pryce6
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wha u reckon Dave? Jealousy hmmm....
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wha u reckon Dave? Jealousy hmmm....
    Posted by HYPETING
    Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig +1 to this xxx
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wha u reckon Dave? Jealousy hmmm....
    Posted by HYPETING
    is this a serious reply?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : is this a serious reply?
    Posted by hurst05
    I would say obviously not hurst as there is nothing to be jealous of :)
  • edited March 2011
    Good poker depends on a lot of variables other than your ability. Your general wellbeing, what's happening in your life at the time and your mental approach to the game are all vital. You can't be successful if you're not firing on all cylinders and only you know how things are with you.
    If you feel you need a break - take one and never mind what anyone else thinks. Stepping down a level can work, taking a break can work, and I'm led to believe that even blowing off steam in area 51 can help some people. :o)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : is this a serious reply?
    Posted by hurst05
    Ummm yep! Btw was that a serious question?

And why cant it be jealousy.. only one on this thread not to support Dave so instead he rubs him down!
  • edited March 2011
    like school here who cares, pryce is only saying what a few of us have thought

I personally think wacko is great talent but also got built up alot, us poker players need to take critiscm with a pinch of salt

so + 1 to pryce really its in the back of my mind although obviously not doubting wacko, also defo jealous :P

Regards
  • edited March 2011
    Ridic debate.

Pryce is jealous that wacko has won 2 primos. Obviously. So am I.

Pryce isn't sure that Wacko is good enough to merit winning 2 primos in such a short space of time - I'm un-sure personally.

To do so, he had to run good. - And I'm positive that wacko has run really good over the last few months.....

Wether or not he is "that good" will become evident over the next year or so.

1 thing that is concrete - the guy IS REALLY GOOD!!!!! - But is he THAT good?????

Time will tell. 
  • edited March 2011
    Sigh... :) i have never claimed to be a good player, and obviously i ran very well to win the primo twice in such a short space. However i dont believe you can win it twice without being competent. I only took issue with pryce because i dont like sore losers and this wasnt the first time pryce has called me a "poor player" or suggested it, but tbh we have had our little chat and everythings sorted. :) I dont believe im a particularly good player, but i feel asif i could be, only time will tell i guess....
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    meh when you run so good over a short space of time its inevitable that you'll become slightly disillusioned when you hit a dry patch.

gl in whatever you decide to do in future.
  • edited March 2011

Play HU !!!!!!! ;)

• edited March 2011
    Play HU !!!!!!! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Only if its against you dohhh ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Wacko as i have said u are a cracking player and we're not doubting you but basically cos you have done so well your a victim of your own success. Im well jealous of ur results so take it as a compliment, im sure ur prove that ur in it long term and how  good you are when u come back
  • edited March 2011
    Im afraid ill have yo agree with everyone on this topic,  AS im running for president next time around
  • edited March 2011
    Wacko as i have said u are a cracking player and we're not doubting you but basically cos you have done so well your a victim of your own success. Im well jealous of ur results so take it as a compliment, im sure ur prove that ur in it long term and how  good you are when u come back
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thanks mate :) i have no problem with criticism, everyone needs it! But thanks, tbh pryce has just made me even more determined to come back even better than before :) see you at the tables...
  • edited March 2011
    And so you should M8, a break is so good and does make you stronger when you return, ive been off the site for a while but over last few weeks ran very well. As for your game, mmmmmmmmmmm only played you a few times and you certainly can mix it up!!! never knew where i was with you, thats a pretty good quality.take it easy, enjoy the live game, its the nutz.

steve

PS yidette9 will stick her two penny worth in soon, just tell her to get her neck in lol

• edited March 2011
    sigh lol. who tf are you hypeting and why do you only comment on your boyfriend's threads?
  • edited March 2011
    I'm a bit surprised that the other thread re. leaving has been closed and yet this remains open. The other thread had nothing but constructive comments to the OP and it has been closed, for what reason goodness only knows. 

Consistency - what consistency?

The other guy (youknowsit) is an unknown ...... maybe that's why!
  • edited March 2011
    fwiw Wacko I don't doubt you have potential as a player and will go on to be a good one. Imo you got a bit 'big for your boots', not helped by others inflating your ego - along with a few results and the in the well thread.

I kinda saw this thread as a bit attention seeking and tbh I'm not gonna do the whole ***lick "you're great you'll be back don't worry bla bla I've never met you but pls be my friend" which is exactly what you were after. I have no problem telling it how it is and it makes me smile that you had a downswing after running so good.

I also have no problem admitting I don't rate you as highly as half the people on here, and I don't really care because we are in direct competition most nights.

I've had losing weeks that have made me want to stop, but any losing spell has improved me beyond question. If you want to improve yourself you'll use this 'downswing' to do the same.
  • edited March 2011
    I say pryce vs wacko hu game to decide whos best................................
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    hu4rollz! no srsly I hate hu play, I'm sure we'll end up final 2 of some tourney some time, should be fun.
  • edited March 2011
    hu4rollz
    Posted by pryce6
    ohhhhhh you beat me to it i was going to suggest that lol
  • edited March 2011
    fwiw Wacko I don't doubt you have potential as a player and will go on to be a good one. Imo you got a bit 'big for your boots', not helped by others inflating your ego - along with a few results and the in the well thread. I kinda saw this thread as a bit attention seeking and tbh I'm not gonna do the whole ***lick "you're great you'll be back don't worry bla bla I've never met you but pls be my friend" which is exactly what you were after. I have no problem telling it how it is and it makes me smile that you had a downswing after running so good. I also have no problem admitting I don't rate you as highly as half the people on here, and I don't really care because we are in direct competition most nights. I've had losing weeks that have made me want to stop, but any losing spell has improved me beyond question. If you want to improve yourself you'll use this 'downswing' to do the same.
    Posted by pryce6
    So how exactly do you think that 'YOURSELF' is coming across on this thread then pryce???
  • edited March 2011

I wish you all the very best Wacko during your little break and look forward to when you return. WACKIER THAN EVER, no doubt!!

I will never forget Budgirl waking me up from my slumber saying this "Guess who won Primo?, go on, try to guess, its one of your mates"
    Yes, I guessed it would be YOU. :))

Take care, run good, see you soon. Lorraine xx :)
  • edited March 2011
    fwiw Wacko I don't doubt you have potential as a player and will go on to be a good one. Imo you got a bit 'big for your boots', not helped by others inflating your ego - along with a few results and the in the well thread. I kinda saw this thread as a bit attention seeking and tbh I'm not gonna do the whole ***lick "you're great you'll be back don't worry bla bla I've never met you but pls be my friend" which is exactly what you were after. I have no problem telling it how it is and it makes me smile that you had a downswing after running so good. I also have no problem admitting I don't rate you as highly as half the people on here, and I don't really care because we are in direct competition most nights. I've had losing weeks that have made me want to stop, but any losing spell has improved me beyond question. If you want to improve yourself you'll use this 'downswing' to do the same.
    Posted by pryce6
    Whatever you say pryce, you obviously know best :) and its not a downswing i dont believe iv ever said that actually so dont know where your getting this from! But feel free to quote me saying it..
  • edited March 2011
    WACKO'S KING!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : So how exactly do you think that 'YOURSELF' is coming across on this thread then pryce???
    Posted by debdobs_67

to you? I really couldn't care.

In Response to Re: Time to go.....for now... : Whatever you say pryce, you obviously know best :) and its not a downswing i dont believe iv ever said that actually so dont know where your getting this from! But feel free to quote me saying it..
    Posted by Wacko90
    hence why I used these === /> ' '

when you bink, and then don't bink for a while, and go straight to shortstacking 100/200nl, and then make a thread about how you're taking a break for a while bla bla - It's fair for me to assume your on some sort of downswing, dry spell w/e you want to call it.

Anyways gl to you playing live or w/e, I'm sure you'll be back playing here at some point  and we can renew this 'rivalry' :)