You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions?:
    the SPT events are not about tsp members anyway, what was expected? be carried in on a giant pillow whilst you wore a a robe and crown with semi-naked women feeding you grapes? 
    Posted by hurst05
    Hope Phil Hellmuth isn't reading this.
  • edited March 2011
    I have no idea why loonies post was deleted (could have been worded better yes) and the same with my response and had tikay not "quoted" the question then his response would have looked stupid in the thread - it was obviously a post that looney wanted answered and there is nothing to hide behind as tikay has explained in his response so deffo no need to delete - common sense ftw plz mods
    Posted by dylan12
    Whoops - almost certainly my fault, that, my apologies.

I tried to delete a Post of mine which I was not fully happy with, & it's entirely possible I Deleted his &/or yours too, in error.

But, as you note, I quoted his Post in my reply to him, so it's not as if I as trying to hide it, or swerve it.

If I Deleted in error, my apologies, though.

Am having a right mare tonight.......

Roll on tomorrow, it can't be this bad!

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Whoops - almost certainly my fault, that, my apologies. I tried to delete a Post of mine which I was not fully happy with, & it's entirely possible I Deleted his &/or yours too, in error. But, as you note, I quoted his Post in my reply to him, so it's not as if I as trying to hide it, or swerve it. If I Deleted in error, my apologies, though. Am having a right mare tonight....... Roll on tomorrow, it can't be this bad!  
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol - old age and all that ;)

It was pointed out to me that they got deleted (shows you my level of attention - I didn't even notice) and the comment came "why they deleting those posts, what are sky trying to hide" da de da - you know the score.

Your response was spot on, just, you know how some may have interpreted it had they seen that posts had been deleted that is all. 

Nothing to see here - and my appologies to the mods for jumping the gun - but it was meant in goodwill.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : lol - old age and all that ;) It was pointed out to me that they got deleted (shows you my level of attention - I didn't even notice) and the comment came "why they deleting those posts, what are sky trying to hide" da de da - you know the score. Your response was spot on, just, you know how some may have interpreted it had they seen that posts had been deleted that is all.  Nothing to see here - and my appologies to the mods for jumping the gun - but it was meant in goodwill.
    Posted by dylan12
    Yup, I've seen that tosh a thousand times. Not once have they produced a shred of evidence though, & they never apologise either.

Prob best I say no more. ;)

• edited March 2011
    welsh people are lucky they can post on forums anyway. should be capped at 1 post per day at most tbf.

:)
  • edited March 2011
    welsh people are lucky they can post on forums anyway. should be capped at 1 post per day at most tbf.
    Posted by hurst05
    Lol, count me out on that one Hursty, I gave up having all the "fun" with the Welsh lads after the Gray/Keys affair, everyone is out to entrap these days.

Listen to this - a true story.

A Sky Poker Client wrote to 865 yesterday, & said "tikay is the most disingenuous toxic **** I have ever heard, you should be ashamed of employing him, he never stops taking the mick out of the cockneys, I'm sick of it".

And I'm thinking, err, what? Me? Cockney bashing? Remind me when & where? Like, EVER. I replied to him & asked. He never replied. There's a thing.

meh
  • edited March 2011
    its become a new hobby, kinda like bird watching. people sat on the sofa waiting for someone to say something on tele they can get the pitch forks and torches out for.
  • edited March 2011
    Hursty Bashing FTW!! ;)

Fair play to you for even being on tonight Sir considering you are still recovering from being ill - look after yourself please, especially at your age :D
  • edited March 2011
    Hursty Bashing FTW!! ;) Fair play to you for even being on tonight Sir considering you are still recovering from being ill - look after yourself please, especially at your age :D
    Posted by dylan12
    Bet he's got his mummy giving him regular lucozade and grapes if he's ill ;)
  • edited March 2011
    welsh people are lucky they can post on forums anyway. should be capped at 1 post per day at most tbf. :)
    Posted by hurst05
    Once per month max...In Dyls case once per year seems fair ;oDD

xx

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Bet he's got his mummy giving him regular lucozade and grapes if he's ill ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Lol, if only. I've not eaten a morsel of solid food since 6pm Saturday, when we took RobbieRott to the Sky Restaurant for some dinner before the Show - & it's Wednesday night now! Drunk about 98 gallons of water though, yuk.

Still, I've lost 7lbs in weight, so that's a bit of a bonus!
  • edited March 2011

Groan, Irene has arrived now. One's cup runneth over.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Once per month max...In Dyls case once per year seems fair ;oDD xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Dont bring me into it!....I am swerving this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Once per month max...In Dyls case once per year seems fair ;oDD xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    I do love you Irene x 
  • edited March 2011
    Groan, Irene has arrived now. One's cup runneth over.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Shush you...I'm busy being funny innit ;oD

xx
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : I do love you Irene x 
    Posted by dylan12
    Thats TWO posts from a Welshy on the same thread....

MODS CAN'T WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!!

P.S. MWAH

P.P.S. Get yer immense Welshness to Leeds...Don't forget to bring yer translator though ;oDD

xx

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Dont bring me into it!....I am swerving this thread.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Very, very well 'swerved'....I presume you tripped up and pressed submit by accident HAHAHAHAHA

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Oh yes...I'm back ;oD

xx

• edited March 2011

I'm out of my Tourneys now, so a PS to "SOLIDSTAN".

So, you did not play Manchester GUKPT, as you had not, at that time, accepted TSP Membership, at least, based upon my records & the e-Mail you sent me Feb 2nd, which was after the GUKPT.

However, I told you that we would hold good to the promise of the £1,000 Live Event, even if it fell beyond the January-March quarter.

The next GUKPT was last week, but that was £1,500, so that was not appropriate.

So the next available GUKPT will be at Walsall, in April, & you are invited to play that based upon your "unused" £1,000 Tourney for the January-March quarter.

As far as I am aware, Claire (Channel 865) has been in contact with you, too, as to TSP evenings Online, & the appearance you made on the Channel a month or so back.

If there have been failings our end, I hold my hand up, sorry. But I think the players have a responsibility, too, & if ANY TSP-ers ever have any problems, or are unsure what's going off, they all know, & this includes you, that they can ring me, or write to me, any time, & I'll sort it.  
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : That's a little disingenous, Loony. ALL TSP Members are invited to ALL TSP's, & as they do not pay, they are classified as "Guests". So yes, I told Darren that he would be "invited as a Guest". People either qualify Online, buy-in direct, or are "Guests", that's the only 3 categories. So all TSP-ers are invited to all SPT's as "Guests". Really, I don't have a need to defend anything here. We make mistakes, lots of them, or I certainly do, but there is no hidden meaning, & deffo no porkies.   Darren's Invite as a Guest was exactly in line with every other TSP Memebrs's invite - they are all deemed to be "Guests". Any TSP Member will confirm that. I am mid my PTP Tourneys right now, so this is a bit awkward right now, but I'll field any questions, any time.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was actually replying to solid stan tikay. It was how i felt he described it in his post, you have cleared things up, however this may have been explained a little better in the beginning? I read your reply to stans post and im at a loss to be honest, it seems the two accounts are poles apart, but i dont believe its my business or others as to the ins and outs of the events, thats up to sky and stan to sort out so i wont comment further on this. What does disingenous mean :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Lol, count me out on that one Hursty, I gave up having all the "fun" with the Welsh lads after the Gray/Keys affair, everyone is out to entrap these days. Listen to this - a true story. A Sky Poker Client wrote to 865 yesterday, & said "tikay is the most disingenuous toxic **** I have ever heard, you should be ashamed of employing him, he never stops taking the mick out of the cockneys, I'm sick of it". And I'm thinking, err, what? Me? Cockney bashing? Remind me when & where? Like, EVER. I replied to him & asked. He never replied. There's a thing. meh
    Posted by Tikay10
    Poking fun at the Welshies, never did Anne Robinson any harm... oh.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : I was actually replying to solid stan tikay. It was how i felt he described it in his post, you have cleared things up, however this may have been explained a little better in the beginning? I read your reply to stans post and im at a loss to be honest, it seems the two accounts are poles apart, but i dont believe its my business or others as to the ins and outs of the events, thats up to sky and stan to sort out so i wont comment further on this. What does disingenous mean :)
    Posted by loonytoons
    Explained better by whom? A "twist" was put on something which I felt needed clearing up, & So I did. 

As to the latter point, I believe stuff such as this should be handled privately, quietly, & discretely, between the two parties, not stuck up on Forums, but once it's out there, Sky Poker have the right to reply, & to correct any misunderstandings. I do not believe for a moment that Darren intended any malice, or harm, he was just making his point.

Even so, I'm more shocked & at a loss to explain it than you or anyone else, because I handled the whole thing, from start to finish, & have all the e-Mails & records, so I'm totally non-plussed by it all, to be honest. I'm sure there's an explanation for it all, & it'll come out in the wash. But Darren was not entered for GUKPT Manchester, as he had not accepted TSP Membership at the time. We were not going to pay £1,070 for his chips to be blinded away, & we wanted ALL the TSP-ers there, to make a nice celebration of it. But we cannot force people to come along.
  • edited March 2011

For initial reference to the situation between SOLIDSTAN & 4FINGERSAA, see Pages 5 & 6 of the thread, HERE.

Note also the advice of MAXALLY on Page 6.

It took almost a month from then, to Darren accepting his Membership.

We had no issues with that, & never at any time pressurised him, but I did counsel him to think carefully before rejecting the Membership.

At the time, & he will confirm this, & it may be alluded to on that thread, Darren (SOLIDSTAN) was more than happy to accept the £700 2nd Prize, if the Membership would be awarded to 4FINGERSAA.

Sky Poker, however, did not find that fair & reasonable, & we felt that those who took part would not be happy about it, either.

In effect, it would set up a bartering system for the high finish places. Sky Poker were never going to permit that, & we wanted Darren to accept his rightful prize, & we had no problem with him delaying it whilst he thought it through carefully.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : Lol, if only. I've not eaten a morsel of solid food since 6pm Saturday, when we took RobbieRott to the Sky Restaurant for some dinner before the Show - & it's Wednesday night now! Drunk about 98 gallons of water though, yuk. Still, I've lost 7lbs in weight, so that's a bit of a bonus!
    Posted by Tikay10
    yeah ......but you should of seen the size of his plate!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : yeah ......but you should of seen the size of his plate!!!
    Posted by ROBBIEROTT
    You got me there, Robbie. I'd been hard-dieting since Xmas, & that was the very first cooked meal I had eaten since Xmas Day, & I may have overdone it.

I can't begin to tell you how badly I've been since Saturday, & how much I regret that Meal. Were you OK the next day?

I blame James Cardigan. 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : You got me there, Robbie. I'd been hard-dieting since Xmas, & that was the very first cooked meal I had eaten since Xmas Day, & I may have overdone it. I can't begin to tell you how badly I've been since Saturday, & how much I regret that Meal. Were you OK the next day? I blame James Cardigan.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    on the subject of food ive put it away like a bin the last few weeks, if it wasnt for my inability to grow facial hair and me being tallish id start to look like dan brown.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker Qualification, any questions? : You got me there, Robbie. I'd been hard-dieting since Xmas, & that was the very first cooked meal I had eaten since Xmas Day, & I may have overdone it. I can't begin to tell you how badly I've been since Saturday, & how much I regret that Meal. Were you OK the next day? I blame James Cardigan.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    went to hospital in the morning and was told it was badly sprained and bruised so ill be resting up for the next 2 weeks, looking back now i wish i had that pie yum yum  
  • edited March 2011
    cheers for this.  just read this through to refresh things.

disappointed that the prizepool wasn't looked at.  i really liked Penguins idea of flatting all the money places so that people who didn't want the TSP seat had to carry on playing for 2nd.  make it 200£ each for 8-2nd so that anyone who doesn't want the seat can just sit out knowing that they aren't potentially throwing away several hundreds of pounds away.

it sounds as if that SolidStan's life/work committments meant that he couldn't use being in TSP to its full potential, and if the prize struture was flat then he may not have won last quarters final.

TSP is a great, amazing promo but in order for it to work you need to be able to put in a lot of committment, which some people just can't offer.
  • edited March 2011
    cheers for this.  just read this through to refresh things. disappointed that the prizepool wasn't looked at.  i really liked Penguins idea of flatting all the money places so that people who didn't want the TSP seat had to carry on playing for 2nd.  make it 200£ each for 8-2nd so that anyone who doesn't want the seat can just sit out knowing that they aren't potentially throwing away several hundreds of pounds away. it sounds as if that SolidStan's life/work committments meant that he couldn't use being in TSP to its full potential, and if the prize struture was flat then he may not have won last quarters final. TSP is a great, amazing promo but in order for it to work you need to be able to put in a lot of committment, which some people just can't offer.
    Posted by scotty77

All fair comment.

I can say that I have been told by Adam, that there MAY be some detailed changes to the qualification criteria for the April - June quarter, but of course it cannot be changed for the current quarter.

These will not be made known until next week, afaik, but I guess - I honestly don't know - it MAY include that idea. Or may not.

• edited March 2011

I’m sorry for any confusion and for hi-jacking yet another thread. The sole intention of my post was to help improve an already amazing prize. It was at SPT Luton that many players had asked me if I would if I would be taking part in the GUKPT. I could only tell them the fact that I did not know what maybe happening about the GUKPT. The only information I had about the future of my TSP experience was the contract, which I had read through again just last week and it does say the contract was to end on 31st of March, and this was all the information I had.

But wow, I am again very excited about the GUKPT, especially after an amazing time at SPT Luton. I could see as could everyone else that Tikay was a very busy man at Luton constantly with a microphone in one hand, and keeping us very informed about all the action going on at the other tables, adding massively to all the excitement.

Again my only reason for my above post was to help improve the experience for future TSP’ers, and as I also said before information with as much time as possible maybe some form of schedule would have made things much easier for me to know what was happening and when, for me to try and make work arrangements around it.

I would also like to clarify that everything Tikay has said above, is absolutely spot on to the letter, including some details that I had forgotten . Although I was also true when I said I had no idea what my future in TSP was, and that I had no idea if I would be invited to any GUKPT.

Good luck to all contestants of the next TSP quarter, it IS a very worth while prize.

• edited March 2011
     Hi there, I was wondering if somebody could list the different starting stack tiers for the 30 players in the tsp freeroll. It is alluded to in point 9 of the tsp terms and conditions 'In the event of a tie in a Qualifying League position which would have stretched over 2 of the Bands detailed in the table above....' I have searched everywhere for the table but have thus far been unable to find it. All I can remember from the January freerolls is that the winner of their respective league starts with 10000 chips.

Thanks in advance.