You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Sounds like good fun ill defo do a couple nights! I assume we just register on week 1?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor?:
    Veeeery interesting...will be signing up for most/all of them I reckon! Week 1 strategy: switch off the computer and go and sit in the garden. I reckon that will be the one assured way to make it through to week 2 :)
    Posted by DannyMcs
    In weeks 1 & 2, you never know, that might just work.

Then again.......
  • edited March 2011
    The chopping it 5 ways ofc is the most sensible TK. Just thought I'd mention it, as in case it did happen then people might moan about whatever decision Sky chose. :) btw Luton Friday?
    Posted by scotty77[/QUOTE]

I'll get a Ruling from Upstairs as to what would happen, might not be today, but we have about 7 weeks before it becomes a problem, so not a panic thing yet.

Luton tomorrow? That's the plan, assuming I can recover from my current malaise, it's 50/50 at the mo though, I'm still feeling pretty poorly. Fingers crossed.

Should be a fun night at Luton tomorrow, there's gonna be some organised serial mock-bocking of Dean Morris, a pseudo Live Update next door, some anti-railing commentary, that sort of stuff, & all that in a £100 Tourney - will be, umm, epic.  

Penguin7 told me he'd probably to be there, maybe Supernova too, Chompy, Claw75, da de da.
  • edited March 2011
    Sounds like good fun ill defo do a couple nights! I assume we just register on week 1?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yes, you can ONLY Register for the 6 Survivor Nights in WEEK ONE.

After that, it's too late, you can only watch & Rail.
  • edited March 2011
    If a serial luckbox, *cough* Phil12/solly/greg *cough* wins all 6....or more than one, will the final be very lob sided? If this is a success, which I do think it will be, any plans for TEAM Survivor comps in the future? Are all TSP members being given free entry into these as part of their tourney packages?? 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Q1. In theory, yes. But the chance of that happening will be "pretty slim" I think, some serious +ve would be needed. I reckon someone might manage a "double" though.

Q2. Very possibly, & deffo there is some more "Team" Stuff lined up. The problem (problem?) is that they have a backlog of stuff like this all queued up waiting for suitable "slots", & there is lots more to come, but it's important not to flood the site with new stuff in big ploppy dobs, better just to drip-feed it in. "Team Survivor", or a variant, is very much in the thinking. The idea, as with so much of this stuff, is to launch this one, see what glitches & problems are encountered, whats good & bad about it, then build all that  into Mark 2.

Q3. Nope, not that I'm aware. If the TSP-ers want to play these - & they'd be very welcome of course - they will have to stump up a whole quid per series, like everyone else.
  • edited March 2011
    Sounds like an excellent idea.

When will the games be appearing in the lobby, and will there be a 2000 limit for the number of entrants? which I think is the standard for most MTT's on Sky
  • edited March 2011

So if you survive week 1 do u carry ur chips over or do we all start with the same starting chips again in week 2

• edited March 2011
    Sounds like an excellent idea. When will the games be appearing in the lobby, and will there be a 2000 limit for the number of entrants? which I think is the standard for most MTT's on Sky
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    If so possible 12,000 runners = £12,000 prize pool £3,215?That would mean 74% rake.
  • edited March 2011
    Sounds like an excellent idea. When will the games be appearing in the lobby, and will there be a 2000 limit for the number of entrants? which I think is the standard for most MTT's on Sky
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    The games SHOULD (fingers xx'd!) appear in the Lobby starting this afternoon, with the very first "Series" due to start tomorrow, Friday.

Don't know about a "cap", but the projected numbers will be well south of that I think. Hard to put a number on it, but at a quid a go, & no reg fee, 500, 600, 700 ought to be possible for each Series? I'll be "working it" on FB & Twitter, too, & on tonight's Show. I would be extremely surprised if it even got near to half of the standard 2,000 cap. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised.
  • edited March 2011
    So if you survive week 1 do u carry ur chips over or do we all start with the same starting chips again in week 2
    Posted by ROBBIEROTT
    You start with a new, clean, even stack in each Leg. The only exception would be if you qualified for the Grand Final TWICE, then you'd get a double starting stack. And everyone would call you a Billy the Bully.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : Give them time, they never fail! But it matters not, a quid a go, no reg fee, a £2,500 Guarantee no matter what, PLUS Added Value. What's not to like? I think this'll be terrific fun. Will the TKP Crew try & dominate it? Or the DTD Boys? What about the aggro regs, the Hursty's, & the Dohhh's? Even the dreaded Solack? My tip to do well? I'd watch out for the wily old veterans, the Dollies & the Direwolf's.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The answer to that is an emphatic YES................ ;-)

Sounds a really exciting and fun format which i look forward to taking part in!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : If so possible 12,000 runners = £12,000 prize pool £3,215?That would mean 74% rake.
    Posted by belsib
    ub
    You've whooshed me completely there, & I'm sure you are just joking, but in case someone else also gets whooshed by it, let me clarify......

The MINIMUM Prize Pool is GUARANTEED at £2,500.

There is no Reg Fee.

100% of EVERY £1 ENTRY WILL GO INTO THE PRIZE POOL.

So.....

1,000 runners in total = £2,500 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes)

2,000 runners in total = £2,500 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes)

2,500 runners in total = £2,500 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes)

3,000 runners in total = £3,000 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes)

5,000 runners in total = £5,000 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes)

12,000 runners in total = £12,000 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes)

There is NIL RAKE, NIL Reg Fee.

In ADDITION to the Cash Prizes, the Added Value Prizes - SPT & Primo Seats etc - will be ON TOP of the total Prize Pool.
  • edited March 2011
    Talking of primo's, TK have u managed to read my pm? getting towards the end of the week now and u may/may not be around tomorrow or saturday to contact CC for me........

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : You've whooshed me completely there, & I'm sure you are just joking, but in case someone else also gets whooshed by it, let me clarify...... The MINIMUM Prize Pool is GUARANTEED at £2,500. There is no Reg Fee. 100% of EVERY £1 ENTRY WILL GO INTO THE PRIZE POOL. So.....   1,000 runners in total = £2,500 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes) 2,000 runners in total = £2,500 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes) 2,500 runners in total = £2,500 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes) 3,000 runners in total = £3,000 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes) 5,000 runners in total = £5,000 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes) 12,000 runners in total = £12,000 GUARANTEED CASH PRIZES (+ added value prizes) There is NIL RAKE, NIL Reg Fee. In ADDITION to the Cash Prizes, the Added Value Prizes - SPT & Primo Seats etc - will be ON TOP of the total Prize Pool.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought prize pool fixed not add-on if it goes over(added value of seats to prize pool for total)
  • edited March 2011
    Talking of primo's, TK have u managed to read my pm? getting towards the end of the week now and u may/may not be around tomorrow or saturday to contact CC for me........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yup, I sent it up to Head Office, should have an answer today.

I will be around on both Saturday & Sunday though, as I'm doing both Shows.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : I thought prize pool fixed not add-on if it goes over(added value of seats to prize pool for total)
    Posted by belsibub[
    /QUOTE]

No.

The figures I quoted at the very start of the thread are the MINIMUM GUARANTEED PRIZES if it FAILS to exceed 2,500 runners. It's just the "Guarantee".

Every single entry fee of £1 goes into the Prize Pool, so if 3,000 runners, £3,000, 5,000 runners, £5,000, 10,000 runners, £10,000.

Let's hypothesise 5,000 runners, the Prize Pool would be £5,000, split as follows.....

1st - £2,000

2nd - £1,200

3rd - £800

4th - £500

5th - £300

6th - £200

PLUS the ADDED VALUE prizes.

They cannot advertise a hypothetical £10,000 Prize Pool, that would be misleading, so the "minimum" figures quoted at the start of the thread are based upon the GUARANTEED Prize Pool, which will be paid even if there were only a handful of runners.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : But there are other supermarkets that are out there we are sure will give just as good value for your money!
    Posted by a00rock
    well if you need to look for better value than netto then this might be out of your price range lol. Its my favorite cheap shop.

Great idea skypoker team, will have to get involved in this one and the site might just win me back.
  • edited March 2011
    Is there any chance one of these could be run in an afternoon, say the Thursday game? There tends to be a completely different crowd in the day from the evenings.

And on a personal level, I could commit to six Thursday or Friday afternoons but not 6 evenings. There must be others in the same boat.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : The games SHOULD (fingers xx'd!) appear in the Lobby starting this afternoon, with the very first "Series" due to start tomorrow, Friday. Don't know about a "cap", but the projected numbers will be well south of that I think. Hard to put a number on it, but at a quid a go, & no reg fee, 500, 600, 700 ought to be possible for each Series? I'll be "working it" on FB & Twitter, too, & on tonight's Show. I would be extremely surprised if it even got near to half of the standard 2,000 cap. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay, Friday, Saturday & Sundays games are in the lobby now and the cap is 1500.  The only reason I asked about the cap is I expect a lot of interest in these games with such a low buy in and no rake.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : Thanks tikay, Friday, Saturday & Sundays games are in the lobby now and the cap is 1500.  The only reason I asked about the cap is I expect a lot of interest in these games with such a low buy in and no rake.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Fingers xx'd!
  • edited March 2011
    Is there any chance one of these could be run in an afternoon, say the Thursday game? There tends to be a completely different crowd in the day from the evenings. And on a personal level, I could commit to six Thursday or Friday afternoons but not 6 evenings. There must be others in the same boat.
    Posted by BigBluster
    For "Series #1", no, I'm afraid not, but it could be considered for future variants.

I fully understand your angst & frustration, I do.

But it's really kinda awkward. For them to work, they need to run at peak hours, & peak hours will always be mid-evening.

But I'll word them to try & do something in the future which suits the "afternoon" peeps. Try wearing Sky Poker's shoes though - imagine the noise from the "peak-time players" (by default, the vast majority) if they ran them in the afternoons!

Not an easy one to answer, but that's the line, I think.

I'm sorry.
  • edited March 2011

*PLEASE NOTE FOLKS*

The final of this is scheduled for the 7th May. This is also the date of the SPT at Leeds, afaik. 

It would be a shame if after weeks of grinding people could not play in the final.
  • edited March 2011
    *PLEASE NOTE FOLKS* The final of this is scheduled for the 7th May . This is also the date of the SPT at Leeds, afaik.  It would be a shame if after weeks of grinding people could not play in the final.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Fair comment, Alan.

I would think the likely "crossover" between those who play this, & the 150 or so SPT regulars, is fairly marginal, though. And even then, "several thousand" (we hope!) will enter Survivor, & only 6 will remain by Grand Final Day. Not sure what the odds of a clash are, but pretty thin I'd think.

IF it happened, we'd find a work-round, please be assured.
  • edited March 2011
    Sounds Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will deffo be up for a few of these and I would imagine the DTD'ers will be going through to the grand final.

I suppose one of those TeamKnightPlops could luckbox their way through. Acually I think there are 5 TeamKnightPlops that are also DTD'ers so it will be interesting to see which side of the fence they will be on.

Looking forward to it already.....................Thanks Sky.

Pokertrev
    (Official Suit)
  • edited March 2011
    Good idea.

Pity i do shift work which will stop me entering most of them.

Will they all be starting at 20.30?
  • edited March 2011
    I think the 6 finalists should be invited into the studio to conclude the tournament on the new studio poker table and this can then obviously be aired on 865...
  • edited March 2011
    Will sky be running any 1 in 5 satellites at 20p for these or do we all have to pay the big direct entry fees only :)
  • edited March 2011
    I know you said you will always get moaners, but i do have just one small suggestion, next time (if there is a next time) maybe there could be a bit more notice between the launch and the start. This is not for my benefit, im entered anyway but i reckon because its enter the 1st week only and no other week, it would be more beneficial to skypoker to give every chance for people to notice this competition to maximise numbers?
  • edited March 2011
    TKP FTWiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin ;oDD

xx
  • edited March 2011
    ONE  PROBLEM

FINAL IS ON SPT LEEDS??
    IS THIS A PLANDED DATE ??

CHEERS JAMES

So now you need to consider "tactics", & "strategy". In effect, in weeks 1 to 4 inclusive, you ONLY have to survive half the field. That's it, you get nothing extra if (assuming, say, 500 runners week 1) for finishing 1st, or 250th. But it all changes in week 5, when you are "only" playing for SIX spots. And in week 6, each "series" is now trying to win a SNG. And in week 7, everyone is trying to win, but ALL Week 7 Finalists will get something. And don't forget, there are SIX chances to make that Final. A quid a pop, no Reg Fee. Even Mr & Mrs Minnie can't complain at that. Can they?......  
    Posted by Tikay10