You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor?:
    Did the whole site freeze while the positions were settled?  My table did as did a couple of the tables I was watching at the time.
    Posted by Machka
    Mine did for about 5 mins.
  • edited March 2011
    easy stuff not sure its gonna be like that on day 6 when people notice its there last chance to get through though.
  • edited March 2011
    Easy ride, chip leader after 2.5x on first hand, just played tight, premium hands.

Yes site froze my DYM, 5 handed in BB with AQ suited, LOL NOT.
  • edited March 2011
    oh poo i missed todays...oh well 5 more chances, YIPPIEE!
  • edited March 2011
    I 3b jammed 2.2k over a min button raise from a 5k stack with blinds at 50/100.

I coldn't resist, my KTo looked massive, and he has to fold everything but (and probably including) aces right ????????????????????????
  • edited March 2011
    I 3b jammed 2.2k over a min button raise from a 5k stack with blinds at 50/100. I coldn't resist, my KTo looked massive, and he has to fold everything but (and probably including) aces right ????????????????????????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You should have sat out and gone out for the evening and still qualify like me!

It all worked out well in the end for me, I qualify and got to see Guillem Bauza's 94th minute equaliser!
  • edited March 2011
    Saturday Survivor

239 runners, 118 go through???????????????

Edit: 119 through now, KryptiaRed in 119
  • edited March 2011
    lol @ tonights round 1.

Looking at the lobby I see that 3 players went through with zero chips. Of 490 starters 245 were to survive, the 243rd, 244th and 245th place finishers went through with no chips. I can only assume they were all-in and lost on the last hand, but other players on other tables busted out a few seconds earlier and they still went through.

#skinofyourteeth
  • edited March 2011
    I'm 3/3 so far :)
  • edited March 2011
    2/2 for me.

Tonights was alot tighter than fridays for me though.

Wasn't concentrating on folding and shoving enough
  • edited March 2011
    2/2 for me. Tonights was alot tighter than fridays for me though. Wasn't concentrating on folding and shoving enough
    Posted by AcidMan27
    ur such a nit lol, fold, fold, fold, at least i had fun making mine 1/2 yesterday i was over aggro fwiw
  • edited March 2011
    I really must stop getting short stacked and then running my 10 10 into KK. 
  • edited March 2011

Date of the SURVIVOR FINAL

Quite a lot of players have written in about the date of the SURVIVOR Final clashing with the SPT Final.

I replied to several last week along the lines of "don't worry, if someone is in both, we'll find a work around".

Since then, I've had a lot more players writing to me, fretting about this date clash.

I sent all those notes to Suit-City, & they then decided to MOVE the date of the SURVIVOR Final BACK one day, to SUNDAY 8th of MAY. 

I confess, the Suits made me aware of that date change late on Friday evening, but I've been a bit pre-occupied over the weekend with other stuff, so I forgot to mention it on the Community. However, the "SURVIVOR" landing page was immediately changed (on Friday) to reflect the date change, see HERE  

• edited March 2011
    Date of the SURVIVOR FINAL Quite a lot of players have written in about the date of the SURVIVOR Final clashing with the SPT Final. I replied to several last week along the lines of "don't worry, if someone is in both, we'll find a work around". Since then, I've had a lot more players writing to me, fretting about this date clash. I sent all those notes to Suit-City, & they then decided to MOVE the date of the SURVIVOR Final BACK one day, to SUNDAY 8th of MAY.  I confess, the Suits made me aware of that date change late on Friday evening, but I've been a bit pre-occupied over the weekend with other stuff, so I forgot to mention it on the Community. However, the "SURVIVOR" landing page was immediately changed (on Friday) to reflect the date change, see HERE   
    Posted by Tikay10
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor?:
    *PLEASE NOTE FOLKS* The final of this is scheduled for the 7th May . This is also the date of the SPT at Leeds, afaik.  It would be a shame if after weeks of grinding people could not play in the final.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Fair comment, Alan.

I would think the likely "crossover" between those who play this, & the 150 or so SPT regulars, is fairly marginal, though. And even then, "several thousand" (we hope!) will enter Survivor, & only 6 will remain by Grand Final Day. Not sure what the odds of a clash are, but pretty thin I'd think.

IF it happened, we'd find a work-round, please be assure

* For avoidance of doubt, can you just clarify this please Tikay?

When I first brought this up, it appeared to me that your response to ME was slightly off hand and I was highlighting some thing that really wasn't an issue in the bigger picture. But since then, and after other players have contacted you directly, it now gets acted upon.
    You may yet again feel that I am being petty and making mountains out of mole hills but after receiving a pm last week indicating that I should not use the forum as I am I just a trouble maker (kind of thing), you hopefully can understand my disappointment at the moment.

On a lighter note, will there be a list of all players left after the 1st week is done as I notice some players have got through all 3 so far?
  • edited March 2011

That is incorrect Alan, my reply was not "off-hand" at all.

I invite you, or anyone, to read it again, it was perfectly polite, & it just said what I mean't, there was no angle or sarcasm to it, I handled it without reference to upstairs, & I did so "on the hoof". 

I am perfectly satisfied with how I handled the matter.

It seems to me good practice that if Sky Poker think a good point has been made by players, & they have made a mistake, then it can only be a good thing that the matter is corrected, & done so openly, & with clarity. I do not find apologising for the oiriginal date clash a problem, either, they & I are not perfect by any means, these things happen. 

I answered the original question from you quickly, & politely, there was no "off-hand" about it.

Lists of "SURVIVORS"?

Yes, I'm hoping to keep the pot boiling, & do some Communityy Threads on player progress in SURVIVOR, but it just depends upon time issues, as I'm rather busy right now with stuff, but yes, it'd be good to try & keep everyone updated with various fun threads, & I'll start them as soon as time permits.  

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : In Response to  Re: Are you A Survivor, or THE Survivor? : * PLEASE NOTE FOLKS* The final of this is scheduled for the 7th May . This is also the date of the SPT at Leeds, afaik.  It would be a shame if after weeks of grinding people could not play in the final. Posted by MAXALLY Fair comment, Alan. I would think the likely "crossover" between those who play this, & the 150 or so SPT regulars, is fairly marginal, though. And even then, "several thousand" (we hope!) will enter Survivor, & only 6 will remain by Grand Final Day. Not sure what the odds of a clash are, but pretty thin I'd think. IF it happened , we'd find a work-round, please be assure * For avoidance of doubt, can you just clarify this please Tikay? When I first brought this up, it appeared to me that your response to ME was slightly off hand and I was highlighting some thing that really wasn't an issue in the bigger picture. But since then, and after other players have contacted you directly, it now gets acted upon. You may yet again feel that I am being petty and making mountains out of mole hills but after receiving a pm last week indicating that I should not use the forum as I am I just a trouble maker (kind of thing), you hopefully can understand my disappointment at the moment. On a lighter note, will there be a list of all players left after the 1st week is done as I notice some players have got through all 3 so far?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    in fairness one voice was never going to get the date moved, it would take hundreds which eventually it got just that.
  • edited March 2011

Hursty,

It was just something which, after reflection, & in view of the concern shown by quite a few players, the Suits thought might be better if it were moved back a day.

I said "the crossover is marginal, ......& the odds of a problem were pretty thin", & that remains exactly my view, & exactly the position, that has not changed.

The problem originally arose as it HAD been planned to start "SURVIVOR" a week earlier, but it was put back a week, & in doing so, produced the date issue.

I've always held the view that it's best to be honest, polite, & up-front with such matters, & that won't change, & if people want to try & put a spin on that, so be it.
  • edited March 2011
    2 from 3, Sunday & monday for me
  • edited March 2011
    4/4
    Posted by splashies
    Same here, but only just in two of them!  Planning on playing the other two as well  see if I can get a full house, so to speak.
  • edited March 2011
    I am 1/3,,,, but in both of the ones I failed in I flopped a house and lost !
  • edited March 2011

3/4 for me and hardly played a hand.
  • edited March 2011
    I am 1/3,,,, but in both of the ones I failed in I flopped a house and lost !
    Posted by penguin7
    I know a bloke who drove all the way to Luton to play a £100 jobbie, only to run a nut full house into a straight flush.

Oh, wait......
  • edited March 2011
    I made 4 out of 4 of these. Sad much?
  • edited March 2011
    I made 4 out of 4 of these. Sad much?
    Posted by jamielou
    Still running bad then?.......

x
  • edited March 2011

i was just about to give poker a rest for a few weeks,(getting tired and losing interest in the game) then they go and put on a tournie like this to reinvigorate my interest. i have survived 3/4 so far and hope to continue. maybe i'll just do these for a while and see how things go.
  • edited March 2011
    tikay do you have a reply to what shazallin said on page 5 about if not feeling comfortable to play live or what not is there an alternative for 1st or 3rd place ?
  • edited March 2011
    4/4 for me now, plus tonight I wasn't even logged on and playing.

• edited March 2011
    Made it 5/5.  1 more for the set!  What's the betting I go out of them all in the second round?..lol
  • edited March 2011
    Well, made it 6/6!  I know it wasn't that difficult, but I'm quite pleased with my little self...sorry, Taller self..lol