You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    LEEEERRRROOOOYYY JAAAAAEEEKKKINNNNZZZZZ!!

HitCastle to G6!!!..  [Like a G6, Like a G6, lol]
  • edited May 2011
    Aint gotta clue about chess, so can either of you tell me is this game anywhere near being won or shall i just keep popping back every month or so...
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside!:
    Aint gotta clue about chess, so can either of you tell me is this game anywhere near being won or shall i just keep popping back every month or so...
    Posted by lucy4
    Lucy, I think this is what they call The End Game, and i am a tad behind!!

Ps Lucy, why aincha filled in your Hitsquad application lol !!
  • edited May 2011
    Gonna be gutted when it ends, its been edge of the seat stuff!!

Wheres this hitsquad application?
  • edited May 2011
    Gonna be gutted when it ends, its been edge of the seat stuff!! Wheres this hitsquad application?
    Posted by Neildown
    LOL Neil, if you want in Ledge it will be a formality!!

Go to Forum thread, 'Hitsquad goin to Cardiff', in 'Sky Poker tour' Section

Read thru thread, short introduction questionaire, just to check you ARE mad enuf, then selection committeee has a ballott!!

Put it this way, if ya want in, there defo ain't gonna be any Blackballs in your Bag LOLOL!!!

Enjoy!!
  • edited May 2011
    I wanna play next Dave. I play a lot of weekend tournaments with an SCA rating of just over 1600. If you fancy it then let me know. 
  • edited May 2011
    I wanna play next Dave. I play a lot of weekend tournaments with an SCA rating of just over 1600. If you fancy it then let me know. 
    Posted by yuranASSet

There was a list of around 5 of us wanting to play next but i tihnk a few of theese may have pasased away since this game started!
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Wow, sounds impressive YuranASSet, [great name, lol], two questions, if u don' mind Sir

1, Can I Still win from here, or is a Draw mi only hope?

2, What would my SCA[?] rating be do you think, as am only a lil' ChessDonk ?

ty, Run Well
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside! : Wow, sounds impressive YuranASSet, [great name, lol], two questions, if u don' mind Sir 1, Can I Still win from here, or is a Draw mi only hope? 2, What would my SCA[?] rating be do you think, as am only a lil' ChessDonk ? ty, Run Well
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Hi Hitman, Your really looking for a blunder by Dave to win this one sorry. I havn't really followed the game but I will run a quick analysis over it soon. A draw would all depend on the strength of Daves play. He should win comfortably from here if he knows how. 

Like I said, I will do a Quick analysis of the game and give you an idea of your strength.

GL

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside! : Wow, sounds impressive YuranASSet, [great name, lol], two questions, if u don' mind Sir 1, Can I Still win from here, or is a Draw mi only hope? 2, What would my SCA[?] rating be do you think, as am only a lil' ChessDonk ? ty, Run Well
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Yeh, you ain't to bad Hitman. You link your pieces up well, it's obvious you can see a couple of moves ahead. You should develop your pieces as quickly as possible and get castling ASAP instead on flank pawn moves like B4, like Dave mentioned giving up the centre fight. But you look somewhere around 1100 if you ask me. 
    Good Stuff
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside! : Yeh, you ain't to bad Hitman. You link your pieces up well, it's obvious you can see a couple of moves ahead. You should develop your pieces as quickly as possible and get castling ASAP instead on flank pawn moves like B4, like Dave mentioned giving up the centre fight. But you look somewhere around 1100 if you ask me.  Good Stuff
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Wow, honestly only played maybe once/twice since I was about eleven! Know i made a few mistakes in this tactically, but did enjoy it, will try to get a few games under mi belt, to 'get back in the saddle' lol
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside! : Wow, honestly only played maybe once/twice since I was about eleven! Know i made a few mistakes in this tactically, but did enjoy it, will try to get a few games under mi belt, to 'get back in the saddle' lol
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Well it seems you have a natural, you should certainly play more, all the ideas are there. It might sound bizzare but it was actually chess that got me into poker. Alot of pro players also play chess to a really strong level.

• edited May 2011
    Yep, this is definitely the endgame. Competitive still, but I'd be disappointed to lose this one from here. I'd price it something like: 2/5 Sky Dave, 2/1 Draw, 10/1 HitmanRV.

Right, I'm going full gusto now; Rd1+

Over to you, Hitman. And I'll add the lad with the SCA rating to the list too - might even try get a couple of games going next time out :)

• edited May 2011
    Yep, this is definitely the endgame. Competitive still, but I'd be disappointed to lose this one from here. I'd price it something like: 2/5 Sky Dave, 2/1 Draw, 10/1 HitmanRV. Right, I'm going full gusto now; Rd1+ Over to you, Hitman. And I'll add the lad with the SCA rating to the list too - might even try get a couple of games going next time out :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Hitking to g2!!

Where's Leroy when u need him?
  • edited May 2011
    Rd2+
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    HitKing to H3 !!

Am Off to Newbury races Now Dave, have put a couple of tips up, speak when am sober :} LOL!!
  • edited May 2011
    Good luck at the gee-gees Hitman!
  • edited May 2011
    Did you win anything on the horses, Hitman?

Oh, and nomnomnomnom.... Rxa2.

• edited May 2011
    Did you win anything on the horses, Hitman? Oh, and nomnomnomnom.... Rxa2.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Nahhh, done rabbish, won bit back on Georgey Groves tho, what a fight!!!

Also won the £750 midnight tourney when I got in very drunk, showing off to mi sons mates, while we watched the Boxing , how good at poker I am...NOT lol

fact is they are all round again now, while i am showin off bout Chess !!
    ps ur Name is SkyDave Knickthepottov, Russian chessmaster so dont let me down, Wink Wink!!

Rite mi move....oppps forgot...... o yeah Hitcastle g5, not bothered with the wasted check !!
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry to hear the horses blew out. Mind you, you were spot on about the boxing - great fight. I actually had a double with the Polish lad versus Cleverley too (a cheeky 43/1 punt), and I have to say while Cleverley was controlling the fight the other guy had a puncher's chance and was connecting a few times! The stoppage was far too premature!

Groves fight was a corker though - totally outsmarted DeGale.

Right, talking of stoppages and outsmarting people, time for me to finish this one off Hitman :) Been a good game too, but I think I am almost home and hosed now. Have a pawn to b5 to think about.

• edited May 2011
    Knew Groves was in front, but to be fair Degale came back well last few rounds!!

Could easy have been draw or reverse!!

ok then, tryin to work out if I even have a sluggers chance here....mmm....been in worse positions!

Rook 5h, can i tilt ya by using the right lingo now !!! lol
  • edited May 2011
    Knew Groves was in front, but to be fair Degale came back well last few rounds!! Could easy have been draw or reverse!! ok then, tryin to work out if I even have a sluggers chance here....mmm....been in worse positions! Rook 5h, can i tilt ya by using the right lingo now !!! lol
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Yup, DeGale did come back into it. Thought it would have been harsh on Groves to have lost, but a draw wouldn't have been too farcical. 

Right, are you okay for me to play pawn b4 and not worry about the diagram? Not on the work laptop at the moment, etc...
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside! : Yup, DeGale did come back into it. Thought it would have been harsh on Groves to have lost, but a draw wouldn't have been too farcical.  Right, are you okay for me to play pawn b4 and not worry about the diagram? Not on the work laptop at the moment, etc...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    k, Rook H7...Check
  • edited May 2011
    Popping the king back to c8...

• edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    pawn, G4 pls
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Pawn b3. Want a diagram?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: HitmanRV v Sky Dave - Chess Battle Epic inside! : Pawn b3. Want a diagram?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    He would prefer a Hit-Miracle.
  • edited May 2011
    Diagram after this pls!! Ready for mi end game Hit-Miracle....Pawn g8!! pls

• edited May 2011
    Just kiddin pawn G5 lol
  • edited May 2011
    Pawn b2...

*getting the Queen out of the box*