You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BINGO SITE

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE:
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE : Nutter, I cannot see this idea working at all. You do not have the bankroll or even the life expectancy to hope to achieve this. I like your idea but to implement this would take many hundreds of years. By then the internet would be obsolete anyway. I think I have come across the perfect soloution which has been staring us in the face all the time. Sky very often offer locked tourney's, right? Well, lets have a locked area for non bingoists. Before you are allowed to enter this area, you have to answer a series of questions. If answered correctly by the true bingoist then the area becomes permanently locked. Thus blocking his path for ever into the area of the site that respects raises, folds rags etc. I have put together a few questions to start Sky off sent it to sky rich who thinks this is workable and hopefully they will have this in place by 28th october 2045. Much sooner than your plan. 1) you are under the gun with 4 5 off suit, do you: A) raise 3 x bb B) fold and wait for a better spot C) what does under the gun mean and what is bb? 2) Where is mecca? A) it is the holiest of the Islamic cities. B) down the road next to B&Q, tuesdays is free all day you know, I'l just get my coat. C) Sorry, stilll struggling to work out what under the gun means, is

1B......2A.......IS IT OK TO PLAY POKER NOW.......LOL
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, Indeed you may pass my child.

Now just to get everyone else on the site to answer them..........
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, Indeed you may pass my child. Now just to get everyone else on the site to answer them..........
    Posted by Hale72
    lol
  • edited October 2009

Before I upset anyone here, this entire thread is very tongue in cheek. I have no intentions of upsetting anyone on the forum, nor have I a wish to 'tap the tank'.
    I come here when I get bored or have a flash of inspiration.
    If I have upset any member of the community I am truely sorry.
  • edited October 2009
    Before I upset anyone here, this entire thread is very tongue in cheek. I have no intentions of upsetting anyone on the forum, nor have I a wish to 'tap the tank'. I come here when I get bored or have a flash of inspiration. If I have upset any member of the community I am truely sorry.
    Posted by Hale72
    well you should be sorry--extremely insensitive imo---a lot of my best friends are "dole monkeys"
  • edited October 2009

Sorry guys Ive only , after all this time found area 51  (doh)  Sooooooooooo  funny... :))

keep on drinking the 'Diamond White' Hale, i'm guessing you and 'oynutter' are drinking buddies ?

.... luvvvin it    glk
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry guys Ive only , after all this time found area 51  (doh)  Sooooooooooo  funny... :)) keep on drinking the 'Diamond White' Hale, i'm guessing you and 'oynutter' are drinking buddies ?  .... luvvvin it    glk
    Posted by bennydip2
    Nice to be appreciated bennydip.

never met nutter before in my life. We just bounce off each other and it made for the funniest thread i have ever read or took part in.

Can you give us a plug in your next blog? Material like this needs all the views it can get and I think it's being missed by 90% of the forum.
  • edited October 2009

Anyway, after what can be only described as a tough day on skypoker, I decided to visit my new friends over on Skybingo.
    For those that have never visited, I can only describe the lobby as amazing, all pink, plenty of flowers (which I can only assume is to disguise the faint aroma of urine emitting from the old dears) and enough ramps to put the local multi story car park to shame.

So I entered the bar, 'One pint of Guinness and half of mild please for my good lady'. The barman looked at me quite astonished. 'Half a mild for the lady?' he queried.  'yes' I replied. After ten years of marriage I told him in no uncertain terms that when I met her she was a lager drinker and I soon put a stop to that. When you take a lady out that drinks lager, at the end of the night she would want a top shelf as a treat. Start em on mild and then half a lager and lime at closing time means i'm stoppin at the petrol station on the way home for some condoms. Pure bankroll management see.

So we buy our tickets and sit down for an amazing night of bingo. Bingo room quite full so we have to sit next to a lady who is one peg away from meeting Michael Jackson. The game starts, 8 and 2, eighty two the caller shouts, before I have time to mark my card the old dear next to me say 'i'm 82 you know and I've got all my own teeth!'. I made a quick comment something along the lines of 'you don't look it dear' and 'where did you leave your teeth, in a jar at home?'. Luckily her hearing aid wasn't notched up to full and I don't think she heard me but during this debate that was reminiscent of Frost interviewing Nixon I seemed to miss several numbers........... Or so I thought. The Bingo caller was going round all the tables checking the old dears numbers to ensure no-one had missed any.

'My eyesight isn't what it was' the dear said. 'I can only mark 47 cards at a time now' by which time I had definately missed some numbers as 'Bingo' was called by an unsightly man with weeping sores all over his jacket. Note, not his body, just his jacket.

The bingo caller argues at length with the man, perfectly justified in my opinion as the caller said he had only called 5 numbers out so it was impossible to have bingo but the walking weep insisted his card be checked. To pacify this brewing riot, the checker went over and discovered that the caller not only didn't have a single number but had only coloured in the empty boxes in his bingo card with the food dye from damp smarties which he has had to suck due to the tough nature of said sweets.

Anyway, this goes on for at least two hours and I'm glad for the break. Toilet time, or so I prayed. Might as well piddle in the gutter. Queue a mile long for the loo's. I assume those colostomy bags take some emptying.  So i head back  to the lobby for a quick spin on the bandits.
    What a joke. Longer queue there than the loo's. Can't these old dears get enough of gambling? Checked the stickers on the bandits due to the legal requirements of having to state the payout ratio and I was quite surprised to see a payout of 16%. Quite high for a bingo hall.

So my night ended here, didn't even finish the first game. No wonder so many people are crossing over from the pink tab to the blue.

• edited October 2009
    hi hale off to the loo--7 and 2---glad to see you're back having fun--poker must be so boring for you these days----that old weepie is not alone you know--i couldnt believe it when my grannies friend told me that some people are too daft even to play bingo!?--but then i was a bit ageist till i reached 47---i have been getting a lot of flack in the forums for my suggestion of a nutters only tourney---its really not fair ---why cant they see my motive was to provide players with a very useful list of bingdongs---i only have the players interests at heart---one of them nearly made me cry---but then he promised to leave the site if my idea is implemented--so that cheered me up---another great thing about the new nutters only tourney is this----when we are having a bad week and need cheering up, all we will have to do is go to the lobby of the nutters only tourney and look them all up on sharkscope--lol--its hilarious--i tried it with the russian roulette lobby--found one bingoist had lost 11k in a year--when i say lost, i obviously mean donated to the cause ---just a thought ---do you think perhaps colour blindness could be partly responsible for the amount of bingo players accidently playing poker----perhaps on your next expedition to the abyss,you could take a pink card and a blue card and see how many bingdongs can tell them apart--thanks--we really do need to explore every possibility
  • edited October 2009
    Hi mate, although not keen myself on the nutters tourney, I never dissed your idea or win, anything to get a comprehensive list of the bingo players is sound in my book.

I still aspire to the days when Sky Rich gives the go ahead for our little quiz. Sorts out the men from the boys. Sorry can't sat that, dam, child protection are knocking my door......................

Quick hide the laptop and dont say anything, right?

Like to keep my nose clean and..... oops, done it again. Anyone says anything I was with you all night O.K.?
  • edited October 2009

Lost so much playing time while I was having fun here it's untrue.

Sky are on the verge of banning me cause i aint paid a rake in 4 days!.

After all this work there's no way i'm gonna see this thread disappear over to page two. I think we ought to get the mods to pin it on page one til we get a campaign going to make all community members take a test on this thread.

Used most of my 'A' list stuff here. Shame to waste it all.

• edited October 2009
    My friend is quite upset that Peter Falk, AKA, Columbo. has got Alzhiemers. I told him to look on the bright side. Lets be honest, he can now watch all those reruns on channel 5 and not have a clue who the murderer is. Like watching em all over again.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi mate, although not keen myself on the nutters tourney, I never dissed your idea or win, anything to get a comprehensive list of the bingo players is sound in my book. I still aspire to the days when Sky Rich gives the go ahead for our little quiz. Sorts out the men from the boys. Sorry can't sat that, dam, child protection are knocking my door...................... Quick hide the laptop and dont say anything, right? Like to keep my nose clean and..... oops, done it again. Anyone says anything I was with you all night O.K.?
    Posted by Hale72
    hi hale--your idea is sound too--its just i really dont want to tax the minds of the technical team too much in these trying times--they are presently working very hard on a download version of the site (read PLEASE DONT BOTHER THE TECHNICAL TEAM) and a comprehensive list would make the testing of your idea so much easier for them--anyway i am also working hard on another idea that will foil these bingoists--apparently there is a part of the brain that calculates the risk factor in any given situation--this part of the brain detieriorates with age may even be responsible for old people agreeing to participate in bingo in the first place---a minor adjustment of a middle aged persons diet could be all that is needed to halt and maybe even reverse this loss of common sense----as i understand it --the build-up of heavy metals (mainly aluminium, mercury and lead) in the brain, prevents the absorbsion of certain vitamins and minerals neccessary for full brain function---these vitamins could be supplemented in the diet at higher levels than normal supplements so that the persons brain may even never detieriorate to the level that bingo becomes attractive--i am still working on it and will do some more research and keep you posted--good luck in the halls--oynutter
  • edited October 2009
    Hi mate, although not keen myself on the nutters tourney, I never dissed your idea or win, anything to get a comprehensive list of the bingo players is sound in my book. I still aspire to the days when Sky Rich gives the go ahead for our little quiz. Sorts out the men from the boys. Sorry can't sat that, dam, child protection are knocking my door...................... Quick hide the laptop and dont say anything, right? Like to keep my nose clean and..... oops, done it again. Anyone says anything I was with you all night O.K.?
    Posted by Hale72
    I work with the CPS................... I'll be round later to day to have a little chat. I'll have a number of friends with me so better make that tea for 6 or 7. :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE : I work with the CPS................... I'll be round later to day to have a little chat. I'll have a number of friends with me so better make that tea for 6 or 7. :)
    Posted by elsadog
    ROFL Elsadog! You never told me about that in your confession....:-P
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE : I work with the CPS................... I'll be round later to day to have a little chat. I'll have a number of friends with me so better make that tea for 6 or 7. :)
    Posted by elsadog
    oy elsa--hale was with me all night--i swear -- we were dismantling a bingo machine to see if we could replace the balls with a deck of cards and play poker
  • edited October 2009
    very successful it was too --hoping to make these suspicious random number generators redundant and make a floppin fortune!!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE : oy elsa--hale was with me all night--i swear -- we were dismantling a bingo machine to see if we could replace the balls with a deck of cards and play poker
    Posted by oynutter
    Thats the idea Nutter, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more about. Innocent till proven guilty an all that. Drop the coppers a fiver for the policemans ball and I think they'll turn a blind eye.

Woke up this morning with a strong taste of sterident in my mouth. Must be a residual taste due to my night at the bingo.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE : Thats the idea Nutter, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more about. Innocent till proven guilty an all that. Drop the coppers a fiver for the policemans ball and I think they'll turn a blind eye. Woke up this morning with a strong taste of sterident in my mouth. Must be a residual taste due to my night at the bingo.
    Posted by Hale72
    jjjeeeeezzzzzuuusss hale---I KNOW YOU ARE UNDER COVER THERE--BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO FLOPPIN KISS EM AS WELL---HAVE TO DRAW A FLUPPIN LINE SOMEWHERE M8!!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Fellow comrades,

I am pleased to report a major breakthrough in our fight to get all the of the souls that lose their way and end up in the pale blue tab instead of heading to the pink tab where they rightly belong.

Our fight is winning and gaining momentum, this thread is gaining a huge following not only amongst members of this forum but also internationally and sky have had no choice but to take swift decisive action. Our collective voices are being heard and the pressure is mounting on Sky.

I have heard Oynutter will be making a statement on Sky news later about this HUGE win in our battle.

Upon switching my laptop on this morning both Skypoker and Skybingo sites were both down for 'routine maintenance', this is obviously because they have had to bow to increasing public pressure and swiftly respond in an attempt to keep the genuine poker players on the site.

I can today therefore announce this...............

SKY HAVE CHANGED THE PINK TAB TO PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a small victory for us, we can no longer accuse people of coming over from the pink tab.

Obviously Sky have seen Nutters comments regarding the colourblind and acted fast.

We cannot now rest on our laurals because of the giant leap forward in our fight. Once we have managed to find those who can't tell aces from three's and retrain them I think we may well have cracked it.
  • edited October 2009
    Go easy on the conspiracy theorists please. I have a huge stock of bacofoil hats to shift and if you scare them all away I'll have to discount the hats to get rid of them.
  • edited October 2009
    Go easy on the conspiracy theorists please. I have a huge stock of bacofoil hats to shift and if you scare them all away I'll have to discount the hats to get rid of them.
    Posted by elsadog
    Fear not, Once your hats are no longer needed, (I anticipate early december) You will make a huge killing selling them for people to wrap their christmas turkeys in.

This was one point recently put to the committee meeting we had, by deliberately making our campaign finish at christmas means you will make a much healthier profit than before.

Our motto at 'bingo site' always has and always will be, 'helping to rid those little annoyances and helping you to rid them of their cash!'

Notice our slogan is now pink?? This was changed today from it's usual black in rememberence of the dear departed pink tab.
  • edited October 2009
    Sky are definately running scared guys.

After my undercover probe in to the bingo world and my reports being published here, Sky have not only taken the decision to change the colour of the tab but now Sky Rich has posted a thread telling us that the entire bingo hall has had a complete makeover.

Gone are the flowers and the ramps. Gone are the pityfully low paying fruit machines. Gone are the toilet queues and now they have computer generated bingo cards which check themselves. This means the average bingo game should now only last about 3 hours now. Dramatic improvements all round.

May I be the first to say 'well done Sky' this should free up valuable space on the tables over here.

Our fight isn't over but another battle won I feel.
  • edited October 2009

Just another disclaimer before I upset anyone again......

My threads are pure fun and a way of me letting off a bit of steam. I try to make them as amusing as posssible but if you read them more carefully I am actually poking more fun at the conspirasists out there with their usual.......

'blah, blah, blah, site fixed. small stack always hits cards.... poor play...... why call...... blah, blah, blah, worst site ever, why do i play here...... blah, blah, blah.

I certainly do not want to scare away the hand that feeds me.

Btw, I have just raised with aces in the big blind 15 x bb due to there being 4 limpers and got 2 callers. Kerching!!

• edited October 2009
    FANTASTIC NEWS FOR POKER PLAYERS---Sky has finally--(after a hale and nutter of pressure) agreed to allow bingo players a community forum of thier own---NO LONGER will they have to come here disguised as conspiracy theorists, to have thier little chats---NO LONGER will the temptation be there to try thier hand at poker ---extreme caution is still strongly advised for the moment as the bingo forum is not yet active--BUT --whilst we do not have it at the moment--and probably wont have it tommorow either--all the indications are there--that prosperity is just around the corner!!
  • edited October 2009
    ps--a friend of mine took his bingo playing mum to play a live game of poker down the pub---shes got a great poker face--but couldnt help raising her hand in the air when she hit a full house
  • edited October 2009
    Nutter, now our quest against the bingo players has at last come to an end, would you like me to go undercover, ALA Roger Cook style against those others that love a flutter? I am talking about those on Skybet.

(To be honest the well is completely dry on trying to get something funny to say on Skybingo, But I think I have got a few idea's bubbling away on the back burner about Skybet!!)
  • edited October 2009
    ps--a friend of mine took his bingo playing mum to play a live game of poker down the pub---shes got a great poker face--but couldnt help raising her hand in the air when she hit a full house
    Posted by oynutter

I have the same problem in live play. Every time I hit the flop I wag my tail.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BINGO SITE : I have the same problem in live play. Every time I hit the flop I wag my tail.
    Posted by elsadog
    You nicking my stuff Elsa?

I do charge for these little gems you know!!
  • edited October 2009
    Most of my jokes go back to just after the old King died.