You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread****

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Stone me, it’s another super-soaraway scorching Sunday here on Sky Poker.

(Ah, you can’t beat a spot of alliteration to get things cracking).

A tasty show beckons tonight then, with several selling points:

(1)

El Primo!!!! Yes, Sky Poker’s flagship tourney sets sail once more with £12.5K GTD in the kitty and a title worth winning for maximum kudos throughout the next week on the site.

(2)

It’s another semi-final in the Viva Las Vegas comp.  Kicking off at 9pm, one in ten players will win a seat in the biggest game of them all here on skypoker.com.

and (3)

THREE new member of Team Sky Poker will be announced tonight as we follow the crunch qualifiers in MTTS, STTS and Cash.

Lots of crucial action then this evening, and at the helm will be Ian Frazer, aided and abetted by myself.

Here’s a photo I dug up of Ian from the net this afternoon. Now, I don’t know whether this was a publicity shot manufactured for a poker event, or just a typical Saturday night out for The Raiser, but either way- it’s pretty impressive…

I then dug out the closest thing I could find to that picture. featuring me

Not quite the same is it?

Ian is still very much the newboy here at Sky Poker, so he’d greatly appreciate your welcoming comments and general input to the show. Any questions, hands you’d like him to analyse, and general tomfoolery will be gladly received on this thread.

Tonight’s hot topic:

Nostalgia night!

Yes, it doesn’t matter whether you’re 18 or 80. Tell us something you remember from your past days that you now think sounds rather quaint.

Here’s a few from me:

I remember when you went out to play after school from 4 till 6 and your mum had absolutely no idea where you where. (Usually mucking around near the canal or the train track, by the way).

I remember when there were only 3  TV channels in Britain and when films at the cinema had intervals halfway through and  short 10 minute films were shown before the main feature.

I also remember when Crème Eggs were 10p. Bought one today…55p!!!!!! Flaming liberty!

You get the idea. It might help if you give us your general age as well.

We’ll read as many out as many we can and there’ll be a TSP Classic entry to the one we like best.

I think that covers it for now :)

Good luck in the games tonight and see you at 9!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    ahh i have nothing to add to this one come back to me in 20 years may have something then lol
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread****:

Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Weird- don't remember that one. We're a similar age though. Do you remember being taught road safety by Tufty the squirrel in The Tufty Club?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread****:
    ahh i have nothing to add to this one come back to me in 20 years may have something then lol
    Posted by delaney09
    Yeah, but that's what makes it funny, Ashley. I'd love to know what you consider to be old hat.
  • edited April 2011
    Hi guys - have a good show.

I'm 31, and as an avid football fan, I remember the days when the only way to check the latest scores was on teletext, and you always used to have to wait for the page with your team on to come round again, as it always seemed like you had just missed it....in actual fact this was as recent as the late 90's, but it seems like a lifetime ago.
  • edited April 2011
    Hi Rich, Ian

Really enjoyed the chat on the table the other week Ian, you too of course Rich, how about the original series of Bill and Ben, Woodentops, Camberwick Green, Dr Who with the best doctor ever William Hartnell to mention a few :)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread**** : Yeah, but that's what makes it funny, Ashley. I'd love to know what you consider to be old hat.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    erm good question i'm not really sure.... i'll have a think and no doubt have some input into tonights threads..... with updates on %'s i'll have words with my mum too she may be able to remember things that i dont lol
  • edited April 2011
    Rushing back to watch Rainbow at 12.10 in the early eighties after playschool...that Thames TV jingle will always be iconic...

• edited April 2011
    i have one.... maybe when i was younger barney the dinosaur just seemed like a harmless big singing purple dinosaur now 14-15 years later and many youtube videos that have been produced I have seen exactly what he was trying to do aswell as realising he was a guy in a dinosaur suit singing about loving kids and wanting them to love him back..... can't be a good memory....... my mum says i was a big fan of barney the dinosaur as a kid clearly fell into the trap :(
  • edited April 2011
    I remember when Black Jacks and Fruit Salad chews were 8 (yes, eight) for 1p (1 OLD penny).

General idea of my age  = OLD !

• edited April 2011
    Saw my granddaughter today sat on her 1st trike, she is less than 12 months old.  This reminded me of my 1st trike, which I got when I was just 5 years old.  Why I remember I don't know because it is 58 years ago, and at my age I struggle to remember what happened last week!  I loved that trike, it had no brakes (you need to peddle backwards in reality).  My 1st go, I sat on it, my brother (age 11) right beside me giving instructions, which I obviously ignored.  I put my feet up and, low and behold, the trike with me on it sets off down the steep drive, a quick left onto a steep road going down nicely and picking up speed.  I could hear my brother shouting as he ran after me as fast as he could.  Only 100 yards to go when the road I was on joined with a major road.  I was oblivious, but as I reached the bottom I, somehow, managed a left hand 90 degree turn and quickly came to a standstill as a car went speedily past in opposite direction.  Perhaps as well I didn't go straight on.  As my Mother joined my brother (she could run fast too!), I didn't know what they were fussing about really, I was obviously always in control!

Met Ian in Luton, in Turbo tournie (same table) on day of SPT - great guy.  Have a good show.
  • edited April 2011
    hi guys.
    my most pleasant memory involved the fact that Liverpool would win a trophy each year, and sometimes two. now i just hope they stay in the premiership and don't get stuffed by West Brom :(
  • edited April 2011
    I am sure I remember something called Spot the Sausage too??????

I also seem to remember in the dim and distant past, a presenter going home by taxi and realising he had left his car at work ????? :), aaaannnndddd didnt this self same presenter get his arm stuck in a hole tooooo hehehehehehe
  • edited April 2011

Hi Rich and Ian...........hope you have a good show show tonight, Ps: Ian, not too sure about the photo, I reckon half the the field look too fit ... you've been conned mate, they're 'ladyboys'........ahhemmmm........they do say 'variety is the spice of life'.
    Nostalgia...........oh how I miss rushing from school to catch my regular fix of 'Robin Hood,Robin Hood riding thru the glenn. ...Robin Hood, Robin Hood with his band of men' on the t.v. and then running to the park for a game of football and then onto the local off-licence for a bottle 'Peardrax'...best drink ever made for quenching a thirst imo.....gawd I wish they would bing that back.     
  • edited April 2011
    'Robin Hood,Robin Hood riding thru the glenn. ...Robin Hood, Robin Hood with his band of men', played by Richard Greene I think :)

I also remember watching William Tell
  • edited April 2011
    i not mentioning my age either but when i was little you only got 4 fruit salads for the old penny.  But, when i was a kid some of the best fun was making a cart out of a plank of wood, wooden box and pram wheels. the telly not only had only 3 channels but it was not on all the time.  And at the end of the days programs they played the national anthem.  Not everyone had a telephone but some people had a party line so you could listen to other peopls conversations.
  • edited April 2011
    'Robin Hood,Robin Hood riding thru the glenn. ...Robin Hood, Robin Hood with his band of men', played by Richard Greene I think :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    thats right barry
  • edited April 2011
    I am sure I remember something called Spot the Sausage too?????? I also seem to remember in the dim and distant past, a presenter going home by taxi and realising he had left his car at work ????? :)
    Posted by acebarry10

i remember spot the dog is that close enough lol ?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread**** : i remember spot the dog is that close enough lol ?
    Posted by delaney09
    In the Woodentops lol
  • edited April 2011
    I remember when we made go-karts out of a wooden box, a coulple of planks and old pram wheels, also made a skate board out of roller skates when they first came out.
  • edited April 2011

Im sure when i started driving, 6 years ago petrol was at £1? correcct me if im wrong now thats liberty!!!

I got into primo for £5 so go meeeeeeeeeeee :)

• edited April 2011
    I'm 21-ish, and I remember going to the corner shop down the road, aged 8/9 with a note from my Dad to the shopkeeper asking him to sell me an ounce of Old Holburn tobacco, and the shopkeeper would do just that.  I also remember being able to get a big bag full of 1/2penny chews with the 30p Dad would give me for going.

I also remember having to sit next to the radio-cassette player, on a Sunday night, to tape the Top 40.....trying to cut out all the chat and adverts was almost impossible.

• edited April 2011

Oh....the good old days.

I am 29 ish *cough splutter * and remember them school days where £1 dinner money used to get you a bag of chips, 10 B&H and a box of matches, and change for a Texan bar on the way home. You could also go round anybodies house through their unlocked back door and meet your mates and go and play on building sights.....
  • edited April 2011
    I'm 21-ish, and I remember going to the corner shop down the road, aged 8/9 with a note from my Dad to the shopkeeper asking him to sell me an ounce of Old Holburn tobacco, and the shopkeeper would do just that.  I also remember being able to get a big bag full of 1/2penny chews with the 30p Dad would give me for going. I also remember having to sit next to the radio-cassette player, on a Sunday night, to tape the Top 40.....trying to cut out all the chat and adverts was almost impossible.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    Oh, come on Mandy, you cannot be more than 20 :)
  • edited April 2011
    Oh....the good old days. I am 29 ish *cough splutter * and remember them school days where £1 dinner money used to get you a bag of chips, 10 B&H and a box of matches, and change for a Texan bar on the way home. You could also go round anybodies house through their unlocked back door and meet your mates and go and play on building sights.....
    Posted by MAXALLY
    You could buy B&H in your school canteen???? Wow, how things have changed :p
  • edited April 2011
    Oh....the good old days. I am 29 ish *cough splutter * and remember them school days where £1 dinner money used to get you a bag of chips, 10 B&H and a box of matches, and change for a Texan bar on the way home. You could also go round anybodies house through their unlocked back door and meet your mates and go and play on building sights.....
    Posted by MAXALLY
    smoking at aged 8 surely can't be good for the health haha what did the boxes say on them back then ?
  • edited April 2011
    i also remember when man united won the treble in '99 making me aged 7 when seeing your dad run up an down the road was perfectly legal and didnt get you labeled a lunatic and get you a night in a police cell
  • edited April 2011
    I'm 21-ish, and I remember going to the corner shop down the road, aged 8/9 with a note from my Dad to the shopkeeper asking him to sell me an ounce of Old Holburn tobacco, and the shopkeeper would do just that.  I also remember being able to get a big bag full of 1/2penny chews with the 30p Dad would give me for going. I also remember having to sit next to the radio-cassette player, on a Sunday night, to tape the Top 40.....trying to cut out all the chat and adverts was almost impossible.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I think we can deduce from this post that you're not actually 21ish.

I remember going to school with a bag full of marbles and a pile of football stickers ready to swap at break times. I also remember buying those massive gob stoppers for about 2p that would last you half a day.  I also remember everybody wearing Parkers with the bright orange lining and furry hoods.

We also had proper bags back then, none of these girly man bags.

Head bags were the in thing, they were the same size as us, with the end compartment that would detach and the lockable zips so nobody would steal our pencil cases that had our stationary sets which would include those multi pens with the different colour inks in them, pencil, sharpener, rubber, ruler, compass, protractor and a right angle.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread**** : smoking at aged 8 surely can't be good for the health haha what did the boxes say on them back then ?
    Posted by delaney09
    They just said "smoking is cool" back then.
  • edited April 2011

Saturday mornings with Casey Jones & The Cannonball Express, Batman with Adam West, Champion the Wonder Horse..... need I go on..

Now the one that I still can't fathom out, I grew up on one of the Hebridean Islands and we would get the Monday morning papers before we got the Sunday Papers!!!! No shops open on a Sunday, you see!!

Filling your car with a fiver on a saturday and that did you for most of the week.

Texan bars, cabana bars, tins of Cariba, Creamola Foam that bear that did the Cresta ads....its frothy man !!!!

Two channels on the tv, no sky plus, if you didn't see it, tough!!!

Grandstand, World of sport, The ITV Seven, Dickie davis' white stripe!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH memories

Keith (btw I'm 43)
  • edited April 2011
    I remember when you used to get milk at break time at school and when teenage mutant ninja turtles were teenage mutant hero turtles! Evening to the raiser, don't wana ask what he and Tikay remember when they were younger, dont wana bring back any memories of the first world war! ;) love the show.