You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread****

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Racing home from school to watch Super Gran :))

Stand back Superman, Iceman, Spiderman. Batman and Robin too
    Don’t wanna cause a fracas, but BA Baracas, have I got a match for you.
    She makes them look like a bunch of fairies.
    She’s got more bottle than United Dairies.
    Hang about - Look out! For Supergran.

You can take your heroes, your Robert De Niros. Your Al Pacinos too.
    They say Stallone is just another phoney. He couldn’t lace his shoes.
    After her they’re all big girls blouses she’s got more front than a row of houses

Hang about - Look out! For Supergran

She’s a serious granny (Supergran!) A serious granny (Supergran!)
    She’ll do things that you never saw your granny do

Aaaah, those were the days....
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread****:
    Racing home from school to watch Super Gran :)) Stand back Superman, Iceman, Spiderman. Batman and Robin too Don’t wanna cause a fracas, but BA Baracas, have I got a match for you. She makes them look like a bunch of fairies. She’s got more bottle than United Dairies. Hang about - Look out! For Supergran. You can take your heroes, your Robert De Niros. Your Al Pacinos too. They say Stallone is just another phoney. He couldn’t lace his shoes. After her they’re all big girls blouses she’s got more front than a row of houses Hang about - Look out! For Supergran She’s a serious granny (Supergran!) A serious granny (Supergran!) She’ll do things that you never saw your granny do Aaaah, those were the days....
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I can see why you employ Tikay now :))
  • edited April 2011
    Ah, nostalgia...TV-wise it has to be the series Knightmare, which has never been bettered. Kids getting killed by giant scorpions and falling off cliffs? It would never happen now.

The old Six O'Clock News theme...Seaview (with Yvette Fielding)...Italia '90...when adverts were actually better than programs...Kiki Dee's 'Star' introducing Opportunity Knocks...post arriving before 1:30pm...little boxes of alphabetti spaghetti soup...weather maps with recognisable symbols...sorry, what was the question again?

Am I allowed to get nostalgic about Leicester City being in the Premiership? Because that feels like ages ago.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread****:
    I'm 21-ish, and I remember going to the corner shop down the road, aged 8/9 with a note from my Dad to the shopkeeper asking him to sell me an ounce of Old Holburn tobacco, and the shopkeeper would do just that.  I also remember being able to get a big bag full of 1/2penny chews with the 30p Dad would give me for going. I also remember having to sit next to the radio-cassette player, on a Sunday night, to tape the Top 40.....trying to cut out all the chat and adverts was almost impossible.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I was trying to think of something, but that's golden! I remember it well. But in my day (being 22) it was all Steps and Britney Spears and N-Sync, wasn't it Rolling Stones and Beegees for you? teehee
  • edited April 2011
    Right, you've got me going now. Dammit!

Puddle Lane...some book about a kid with a magic BMX...Going For Gold...Starlight Express...telephones that actually rang (and nothing else)...four-digit phone numbers...Intercity 125s...collecting milk bottle tops for charity...Jennifer Yellow Hat...Thundercats...the theme from Top Gear before they wrecked it...Choose Your Own Adventure books...being able to see into a bag of crisps...Chupa-Chups only being available on foreign holidays...

My head hurts :(
  • edited April 2011
    I'm 21-ish, and I remember going to the corner shop down the road, aged 8/9 with a note from my Dad to the shopkeeper asking him to sell me an ounce of Old Holburn tobacco, and the shopkeeper would do just that.  I also remember being able to get a big bag full of 1/2penny chews with the 30p Dad would give me for going. I also remember having to sit next to the radio-cassette player, on a Sunday night, to tape the Top 40.....trying to cut out all the chat and adverts was almost impossible.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    Does anyone remember doing this on a Tuesday Lunchtime when it was the top 5 with oooohhhh Gary Davis????
  • edited April 2011
    Lol- some great posts here- and they're all making me feel old :(

The worst ones are the youngsters talking about the good old tunes like Britney Spears and N-Sync...
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I thought I was the only saddo who did this!
  • edited April 2011
    Lol- some great posts here- and they're all making me feel old :( The worst ones are the youngsters talking about the good old tunes like Britney Spears and N-Sync...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    We were once putting on a cheesefest of old hits in a show at Uni, and I suggested we do Kylie & Jason, and the other students, being 'slightly' younger than I, all said "who?"!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Lol- some great posts here- and they're all making me feel old :( The worst ones are the youngsters talking about the good old tunes like Britney Spears and N-Sync...
    Posted by RICHORFORD

I never said they were good! I only had a few full length posters, every album and the dolls.... not much.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread**** : I thought I was the only saddo who did this!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Yes, but some of us stopped Richard!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Back in the mid 70's when I was young pup, I would go to the cinema on a Saturday afternoon for the kids matinee.

You would get a film, something like The Cat from Outer Space, one of those Children's Film Foundation shorts (remember them?) and some cartoons.

But the highlight for me was when they showed the trailers.

This particular cinema used to have late night double bills at the weekend, kung-fu flicks, horror movies, the Confession movies etc.

And right in the middle of the children's matinee we would be treated to the trailers for these illicit treats (my personall favourite was the trailer for Master of the Flying Guillotine which had the titular contraption of death landing on some poor chaps head and ended on a freeze frame just as he was about to have his noggin forcefully removed).

Happy days indeed.

Have a good one guys.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread**** : Does anyone remember doing this on a Tuesday Lunchtime when it was the top 5 with oooohhhh Gary Davis????
    Posted by kaymac
    Yes, I remember this Keith. 12.45pm on Radio 1 Tuesdays were when they originbally used to announce the new chart and new number one. The following Sunday's rundown was just a repeat of this information until 1987...

Yes, i was a massive chart geek. I used to write down the Top 40 and memorise it. Shocking...
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    "Good old tunes"?? Error! Does not compute!
  • edited April 2011
    Sweets = Waggon wheels

Drinks = Tizer

Ice lolly = Jubbly

TV = The Proffesionals

Cartoon = Atom Ant
  • edited April 2011
    Hmm. Off-topic...Mr Orford, why is your 'STARmeter' rating up 44% on IMDB this week? Is it because of sitting next to Ian?
  • edited April 2011
    For starters...

Spangles, which my dentist used to hand out after a clean check-up!

Sweet Cigarettes, when they could still be called Sweet Cigarettes and not Candy Sticks as they are now.

Rice paper, 1p a sheet.

Sweet Tobacco, Mmmm, coconut tastyness.

Buying your sweets by the 1/4 was normal.

Hedgehog flavour crisps.

Frozen Tip-Tops or those odd frozen triangluar shape things you'd wreck your gums on.

• edited April 2011
    For starters... Spangles, which my dentist used to hand out after a clean check-up! Sweet Cigarettes, when they could still be called Sweet Cigarettes and not Candy Sticks as they are now. Rice paper, 1p a sheet. Sweet Tobacco, Mmmm, coconut tastyness. Buying your sweets by the 1/4 was normal. Hedgehog flavour crisps. Frozen Tip-Tops or those odd frozen triangluar shape things you'd wreck your gums on.
    Posted by Machka
    I don't remember Hedgehog flavoured crisps!!!!  But Tip Tops are still around, I bought some last summer :))
  • edited April 2011

What about having to WALK to the TV to change the channel....

An I POD was really a sony walkman....

a net was something you caught fish in...

and the FBI didn't need to be notified when you were 5 minutes late for your tea!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Getting up really early to watch Breakfast Serials (which no one else remembers)...my Dad bringing home an A310 and playing the Lander demo...'Get In Shape, Girl!'...the ad for milk with Accrington Stanley (who are they?)...keyboards that only played one note at a time...'Safety with Superted'...
  • edited April 2011
    I remember when hardly anyone was disabled, now nearly everyone is!
  • edited April 2011
    Ah Ian jogged my memory I was trying to think of the odd frozen triangluar shape things you'd wreck your gums on...

...Jubbly

Thanks Ian!

• edited April 2011
    Ok, I've got another one for you.....

The Corona man coming to your door with fizzy drinks in glass litre bottles.  Return your empties and get 10p refund...

Mmmmmm Dandilion & Burdock.
  • edited April 2011
    Rich

More nostalgia for you.

Tinker and Tucker (2 bears) with a lady called Jean Morton (A TV Show)

Also, my "Saturday Job" was delivering Corona pop.  (Think Corona was bought out by AG Barr soft drinks)

You may be too young for these.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and The Raiser ****official show thread**** : I don't remember Hedgehog flavoured crisps!!!!  But Tip Tops are still around, I bought some last summer :))
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    http://www.childofthe1980s.com/2009/01/15/hedgehog-flavoured-crisps/

• edited April 2011
    Rich More nostalgia for you. Tinker and Tucker (2 bears) with a lady called Jean Morton (A TV Show) Also, my "Saturday Job" was delivering Corona pop.  (Think Corona was bought out by AG Barr soft drinks) You may be too young for these.
    Posted by inka2003
    If I'm not too young, then Rich DEFINITELY is not too young!!
  • edited April 2011
    Haunted House ice lollys.

They were milk flavoured lollys, I thought I'd be resourceful and reuse some lolly sticks by sticking them in a beaker of milk and putting it in the freezer...

It didn't taste good!

(Btw all of these are from the 70s or early 80s)
  • edited April 2011
    Blue Panda Pops. I reckon they would probably be illegal now!!
  • edited April 2011
    White dog poo.
  • edited April 2011
    I get quite nostalgic remembering  what my other half used to look like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!