You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread****

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat
Well done yesterday Rich - will this show be full of hilarious stories from your GUKPT 'experience'?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Afternoon all :)

It's Super Sunday! No work tomorrow and all manner of drama going off this afternoon.

The Premier League title-race is back on! Will Trevor entertain any foolish notion that Arsenal could still nick it at the death? I'll ask him later.

Scotty77 has destroyed the field in the GUKPT Walsall- finishing 6th. What a result for him and Sky Poker.

And meanwhile, here on the site and channel this evening- it's the big one: The Primo!

Register now to avoid disappointment and get posting on the thread to get your messages read out on air during tonight's live show- which kicks off at 9pm and runs for 4 blockbusting hours.

In the mix tonight-

A man who got to sit next to Praz Bansi for all of two minutes in the GUKPT before getting knocked out by him- AK v KK- yes, I'm STILL going on about it. It's
    Richard Orford

Alongside him, is a man who will be buzzing from today's Arsenal victory over United- but is it a bittersweet victory? Has he just handed the title to London rivals Chelsea? It's Trevor Harris...

The main event is the £12,500 GTD Primo- a tournament that even our high rollers would just love to take down- all the action coming your way on Channel 865.

Hopefully we'll be taking calls from Walsall as well. Tikay to sum up an amazing weekend and perhaps even a chat from the man of the moment Ryan Spittles aka Scotty77.

ALSO!

Making it's debut tonight- our brand new competition: forget Strictly Come Dancing, it's...

Strictly Dumb Chancing!

Email us your phone numbers now (skyopen@bskyb.com) and we'll pick 3 contestants to take part in this on-air challenge to win free entry to a tourney on Sky Poker this week.
    What will you have to do? Simply try and guess the name of a mystery celebrity using as few clues as possible. Surely worth a punt? Go for it!

AND:

Tonight's hot topic is

VERY SUPERSTITIOUS!!!!

...to quote Stevie Wonder. Yes, was highly amused this week when a mate confessed to me that whenever they see a magpie they give it a salute as it's supposed to be unlucky if you don't.

I've heard of one magpie for sorrow, two for joy- but not saluting the things for crying out loud. My mate has been doing this their entire life and never questioned it!!!! Madness.

So- can you beat that? Do you have any weird superstitions or superstitious rituals that you'd like to share with the rest of the class? Even if you haven't, you surely know someone who has.

Avoding walking under ladders, chanting words whenever you see a particular object- perhaps even something you do at the poker table- the more bizarre, the better.

The best one will win free entry to a TSP Classic of their choice.

Looking forward to all your responses and see you at 9!
  • edited May 2011
    Rich are you so hungover you can't even think of a topic today? How's about wedding stories, I'm sure nobody is sick of those. ;)

WP yesterday sir, very unfortunate on the exit hand.
  • edited May 2011
    Cheers guys- yes I may mention the GUKPT once or twice this evening ;

Just about to leave to drive to the office and will get there in about 45.

Up for it tonight. Make sure you're on board tonight's Primo- available to register now.

We're in for a good show.
  • edited May 2011

Well Done Yesterday Rich
  • edited May 2011
    Have a good show guys, I bet Trevor will be all smiles after that result today.

The only superstition I have when playing in any live poker events is to wear the same watch.

When I used to race BMX's I always put my left sock and shoe on before my right ones.

In everyday life I haven't got any apart from not walking underneath ladders unless I have to.

I used to go out with a girl who would never step on a grate in the pavement if it was one of those ones that had two or more joined together.

It got quite dangerous at times, we'd be walking arm in arm and she'd suddenly spot one and just about pull my arm off to avoid walking on them.

• edited May 2011
    I used to play football for my local team. I always had to have an even shirt number on. If i was last one there and only odd shirt numbers left i would refuse to play. Often had to change shirts with one of the subs so i could wear 12 or 14 just so i had an even number on my back. Also, the number preferable would be 4 or divisible by 4. Number 14 was ok because it had a 4 in it and i would wear 7 at a stretch because it is 'lucky 7'. I am a complicated character! :-)

Also, Trev will like this, i am a Leeds fan and i refuse to drink out of red cups or wear red clothes etc (I hate Man Utd). Its hard work. I know of a Leeds fan who is a painter and decorator and he refuses to paint anything red. Nice result today Trev.

Dont get me started on Magpies!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2011

Oh and Rich, well done this weekend! You'll be able to give Mick Dundee some stick now after the way you played this weekend. Well played. Hope Scotty can take it down.

• edited May 2011
    I don't do superstitions myself but I'm reminded of a relevant quote that also has a poker angle: "The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits, but not when it misses". Sir Francis Bacon with the sound poker thinking there, I imagine he'd have been a great player if not for the small matter of dying hundreds of years before the game was invented.

• edited May 2011
    Hi Rich, Trev

Have a look at this for the Magpie superststion:

In Britain and Ireland, there are a number of superstitions regarding magpies[18]

A single magpie is associated with bad luck (see rhymes below)

One should make sure to greet magpies when they are encountered in order to either allay bad luck or encourage good luck as related to the number of birds and therefore their place in the Magpie poem.

Common greetings include "Hello Mr Magpie" "How is your wife/where is your wife?", "Good Morning/Evening Sir" and other marks of respect.

Upon seeing a lone magpie one should repeat the words "I defy thee" seven times.

On seeing a lone magpie one should pinch the person they are walking with, if they are alone they are to pinch themselves. The custom in Devon is to spit three times to avert ill luck.

If a lone Magpie is seen, one should salute it to show you respect it. This formality can be forgone if the Magpie looks directly in your eyes, which shows it respects you.

• edited May 2011
    Nice- liking it all so far.

Two and a half hours to show time!

Keep those messages coming in and make sure you're signed up to the Primo tournament itself for the optimum TV experience tonight!
  • edited May 2011
    I can promise that my optimum viewing experience does not include losing £55 ;-)
  • edited May 2011

Failed to get through the Sat tho will be watching
  • edited May 2011
    My superstition is being the short stack in the latter stages of a MTT.

You just know it's going to happen, when you are moved tables,

you will be in the Big Blind with the chip leader on your right, always.
  • edited May 2011
    So back in my hotel room after 3 barrell bluffing off my stack.

Coulda cruised to a top 4 finish.  Feel like total rubbish.

Regged for the Primo.  Gonna play that I think just to try and de tilt.

Sorry for letting Sky down.  Feel very very bad not just for me and the money/kudos but also for not being able to represent Sky as good as I could have.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread****:
    So back in my hotel room after 3 barrell bluffing off my stack. Coulda cruised to a top 4 finish.  Feel like total rubbish. Regged for the Primo.  Gonna play that I think just to try and de tilt. Sorry for letting Sky down.  Feel very very bad not just for me and the money/kudos but also for not being able to represent Sky as good as I could have.
    Posted by scotty77

you came 6th in a GUKPT thats amazing you havnt let anyone down
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread****:
    So back in my hotel room after 3 barrell bluffing off my stack. Coulda cruised to a top 4 finish.  Feel like total rubbish. Regged for the Primo.  Gonna play that I think just to try and de tilt. Sorry for letting Sky down.  Feel very very bad not just for me and the money/kudos but also for not being able to represent Sky as good as I could have.
    Posted by scotty77
    You aint let anybody down m8
  • edited May 2011

Sadly I'm very receptive to superstitions.  The worst is something a Uni friend got into my head regarding the covers for gas or electric mains on a pavement.  A single cover is ok, a double is fine but to walk over a triple cover is really bad luck unless you say 'Toast toast toast' after.

I also salute Magpies.  I suck.

• edited May 2011
    Posted by scotty77
    WHAT YA TALKING ABOUT WILLIS?!?!?

You did everyone proud mate, it was a great run.  You made a very strong play against Station McPaddington.  Happens.  You never let anyone down dude.  I know you're feeling low right now but really Ryan, you made SkyPoker look good.
  • edited May 2011
    you daft plonker, great play, great result . done yourself and sky proud.   phil
  • edited May 2011
    I really did.  Coulda just played normal agressive small ball poker and prob made 3/4th.  Instead I make the silliest play in the world and here I am.

Thanks to Tikay/SPT Rich/Supernova/Rich M/Glitterbabe/Dantb10/Pryce6/Nutter5932/Dylan and Hurst05 for all the support over the last couple of days.  Also to the rest of the TSP too.
  • edited May 2011
    Rich, you did brilliantly and this is just the come-down off all that emotion and adrenaline. In the morning you will realise what an amazing thing you have achieved.
  • edited May 2011
    Come on now, don't be shy - send your name, alias and phone number to skyopen@bskyb.com and try out our new quiz Strictly Dumb Chancing....and you could win your way into Tuesday nights Take On Tikay tournament.

What are you waiting for???
  • edited May 2011
    I really did.  Coulda just played normal agressive small ball poker and prob made 3/4th.  Instead I make the silliest play in the world and here I am. Thanks to Tikay/SPT Rich/Supernova/Rich M/Glitterbabe/Dantb10/Pryce6/Nutter5932/Dylan and Hurst05 for all the support over the last couple of days.  Also to the rest of the TSP too.
    Posted by scotty77

No, you really didn't!!! That three barrel bluff was probably the most exciting thing of the afternoon and if the station hadn't called you'd have had a very fine stack indeed!!! Just ul to come up against a player who cant put down 2nd pr terribad kicker..It's in no way a reflection on you or your ability!!! You represented Sky fantastically well and should be proud of yourself!!!! Please bink the Primo and let that be an end to it ;o))

Onwards and upwards Sbotty!!!

xx
  • edited May 2011
    Well done Scotty on yesterdays result -

I like the hoody up thing when your playing a hand - I watched a bit on live stream - It almost seemed intimidating

Q for Trev - How do you get back in the right frame of mind to play poker after you,ve made a mistake which could have cost you your biggest pay day to date and your still beating yourself up about it 24 hours later?

Paul
  • edited May 2011
    Oo-er Rich is looking posh tonight!!
  • edited May 2011
    Oo-er Rich is looking posh tonight!!
    Posted by MMegabyte

Must have got a new wardrobe budget.

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread**** : Must have got a new wardrobe budget.
    Posted by AcidMan27

What's gonna happen if he cashes?!!
  • edited May 2011
    A sparkley gold jacket
  • edited May 2011
    mandy PM'd you my number
  • edited May 2011
    I have a new superstition where I thank the universe for all my winning hands (even the uncontested ones). This weekend, have spun 90 cents into $16. I am therefore hoping to have found The Secret of Poker (TM).