You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread****

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Ok...so, I too salute magpies & say "good morning Mr Magpie"

I also hold my throat when an ambulance goes past with sirens going....

and the usual spilt salt over the shoulder.

I also have a poker superstition in which, when I am in the blinds, I NEVER look at my hole cards until action is on me.  (It's not so people get a read off me, because I really don't believe I have a tell.)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread****:
    mandy PM'd you my number
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks Ryan - give me 2 minutes :)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread****:
    So back in my hotel room after 3 barrell bluffing off my stack. Coulda cruised to a top 4 finish.  Feel like total rubbish. Regged for the Primo.  Gonna play that I think just to try and de tilt. Sorry for letting Sky down.  Feel very very bad not just for me and the money/kudos but also for not being able to represent Sky as good as I could have.
    Posted by scotty77
    Ryan, you're a legend, a final table at your first GUKPT representing Sky Poker a week or so after joining TSP!
  • edited May 2011
    Oo-er Rich is looking posh tonight!!
    Posted by MMegabyte
    Recon he's dancing round his manbag after the show ;o))

xx

• edited May 2011
    Hi Rich, Trev

My Grandad Dooley supported that other Sheffield team, and whjen they lost, he would not eat bacon because it was Red and White and yes they were related to the great departed Derek Dooley as am I :), great performance yesterday Rich, proud of you man.
  • edited May 2011
    ONLY SUPERSTITION I HAVE IS WHEN MY MRS AND I GET FRISKY, AT OUR AGE NOT THAT OFTEN I HAVE TOO GET MY RIGHT OVER ????
  • edited May 2011
    Rich, has your suit got anything to do with the fact you were hanging around outside bars last night during the show phone in?

• edited May 2011
    Scotty, if anyone on the site was told that they were going to get to a final table at GUKPT they would take it. You should'nt be down about it, you should be elated. Its a great achievement. Think of all the players who didnt make it, there were some top top players and you beat most of them. How many moves like that have you made to get to this stage? Chin up and take the positives out of it!
  • edited May 2011

MY superstition are when I cough in a car I always stop, get out and walk around it two times before getting back in on the other side. Also when I get a itchy nose I have to shake the nearest red headed male hand.

• edited May 2011

Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder who did the voiceover for Strictly Come Chancing???????, surprise me ;)

• edited May 2011
    Scotty, if anyone on the site was told that they were going to get to a final table at GUKPT they would take it. You should'nt be down about it, you should be elated. Its a great achievement. Think of all the players who didnt make it, there were some top top players and you beat most of them. How many moves like that have you made to get to this stage? Chin up and take the positives out of it!
    Posted by DrSharp
    none lol.  my very first 3 barrel total air bluff without even any runner runner equity haha.  i actually played reasonably snug.  like not a nit but not totally LAG.
  • edited May 2011
    but yeah thanks for the nice comments guys.  i kinda feel a bit better now.  cheers :)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread**** : Recon he's dancing round his manbag after the show ;o)) xx
    Posted by TRIP5

Brrrr, I never thought of that potential part of the wardrobe...
  • edited May 2011
    Evening boys!!! There are too many here for tv but I feel the need to offload ;o)

I too am an even number lover....particularly those divisiable by 4...though like Sharpie I'll just about put up with the lucky 7 but i'm not happy with any other odd number at all!!!! I scream 'why didn't you choose box 4 you dozy mare' everytime I watch Deal or no Deal...This doesn't apply to poker though as I love trip anything but especially 5's ;o)))

I also have to punch whoever is with me on the arm or leg when a red post van passes me on the street after a friend told me i'd get bad luck if I didn't...Whoever gets the punch in first gets the luck!!

I feel lucky when counting random things like how many tiles are on a wall....how many squares are on a gingham shirt etc...at the SPT final at DTD I counted all the chairs, then all the chair legs..then I counted all the tables, I also counted all of the hole card patterns on all the the tables...obv. I didn't tell anyone, they'd think I was a loonbox!!

Someone told me black crows were very unlucky so now I always feel like I'm going to have a crash if a black crow flies infront of the car, Luckily I haven't done as yet.....

Hmmmm, I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm a bit of an odd one really ;o)

xx

• edited May 2011
    Hi Guys - great show lads but when you showi the  primo hands, what the hell in that backgroung music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
  • edited May 2011
    Evening boys!!! There are too many here for tv but I feel the need to offload ;o) I too am an even number lover....particularly those divisiable by 4...though like Sharpie I'll just about put up with the lucky 7 but i'm not happy with any other odd number at all!!!! I scream 'why didn't you choose box 4 you dozy mare' everytime I watch Deal or no Deal...This doesn't apply to poker though as I love trip anything but especially 5's ;o))) I also have to punch whoever is with me on the arm or leg when a red post van passes me on the street after a friend told me i'd get bad luck if I didn't...Whoever gets the punch in first gets the luck!! I feel lucky when counting random things like how many tiles are on a wall....how many squares are on a gingham shirt etc...at the SPT final at DTD I counted all the chairs, then all the chair legs..then I counted all the tables, I also counted all of the hole card patterns on all the the tables...obv. I didn't tell anyone, they'd think I was a loonbox!! Someone told me black crows were very unlucky so now I always feel like I'm going to have a crash if a black crow flies infront of the car, Luckily I haven't done as yet..... Hmmmm, I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm a bit of an odd one really ;o) xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    I even try and swap my dinner ticket if it is odd with the guy after me! Some of the looks i get are tremendous! I am not as bad as i was to be fair!
  • edited May 2011
    Evening boys!!! There are too many here for tv but I feel the need to offload ;o) I too am an even number lover....particularly those divisiable by 4...though like Sharpie I'll just about put up with the lucky 7 but i'm not happy with any other odd number at all!!!! I scream 'why didn't you choose box 4 you dozy mare' everytime I watch Deal or no Deal...This doesn't apply to poker though as I love trip anything but especially 5's ;o))) I also have to punch whoever is with me on the arm or leg when a red post van passes me on the street after a friend told me i'd get bad luck if I didn't...Whoever gets the punch in first gets the luck!! I feel lucky when counting random things like how many tiles are on a wall....how many squares are on a gingham shirt etc...at the SPT final at DTD I counted all the chairs, then all the chair legs..then I counted all the tables, I also counted all of the hole card patterns on all the the tables...obv. I didn't tell anyone, they'd think I was a loonbox!! Someone told me black crows were very unlucky so now I always feel like I'm going to have a crash if a black crow flies infront of the car, Luckily I haven't done as yet..... Hmmmm, I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm a bit of an odd one really ;o) xx
    Posted by TRIP5

Just a typical Bradford City fan imo ;-)

• edited May 2011
    I have no superstitions because I am sane.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread**** : I even try and swap my dinner ticket if it is odd with the guy after me! Some of the looks i get are tremendous! I am not as bad as i was to be fair!
    Posted by DrSharp
    I'm sooooooo with ya here....luckily people who know me just let me get on with it......I wont enter a tombola if the winning tickets have to end in a 3 or 5 etc....What tilts me more than anything at a poker table is someone raising with a .17 on the end of the bet....it's the only time I don't want to win as it messes up my stack and brings me bad luck lololol I recon I need to get out more ;o))

xx

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live: The Primo with Rich and Trev ***official show thread**** : Just a typical Bradford City fan imo ;-)
    Posted by darich

Blatant Hudders won brag...totally shameless Rich, you should be embarrassed ;o))

xx
  • edited May 2011
    hi rich/trev regarding my hand i won with 10/q suited i could not see his cards thought  i had top hand i my have over bet but by the turn card was committed i accept i was lucky but do not think it was a bad play i latter took two bad beats and was busted out that's poker  if everyone played ABC poker they should have folded how boring would that be great show by the way im a birmingham city fan lol 
  • edited May 2011
    I have no superstitions because I am sane.
    Posted by Machka

Hmmmm, very questionable ;o)

xx

• edited May 2011
    One more contestant required for Strictly Dumb Chancing - entry into Tuesday nights Take On Tikay tournament up for grabs :)

• edited May 2011
    Gutted busted the Viva Las Vegas Semi :( lost a few races and donked some chips off - Dissapointing performance! Good Luck to the players left!

Mick
  • edited May 2011
    Didn't Maureen Lipman say hello to magpies in some advert or other?
  • edited May 2011
    Congrats to Celtbhoy for winning our inaugural strictly Dumb Chancing....unlucky to Glenelg and TommyD who also took part - perhaps you can try again another time :)

Strictly Dumb Chancing will be back again in a couple of weeks.
  • edited May 2011
    but yeah thanks for the nice comments guys.  i kinda feel a bit better now.  cheers :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Scotty, just wanted to reitterate the comments made by the other players. A great performance by you, you did skypoker proud. I can see you using this as a platform for bigger and better things. Poker is a game where experience can be key and I am sure with this result you will go on and pick up a big UK title soon. Congrats.

Matt
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks Richard, now I will not be able to sleep. Thank goodness no work tomorrow.
  • edited May 2011
    Do you think having a sound department that can't actually hear you might be a slight oversight?

Does the lighting department call through to Mandy to ask if the lights are on once in a while too?
  • edited May 2011
    In answer to Trev, I've got Veron and Bosnich. Can't think of the 3rd.