You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Desperately seeking LML

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat
No offence to the new presenter, but I really miss our lisa.

Anyone know if shes due on soon?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    tempting ,very tempting ..........but i like lisa marie far too much ,to make some sort of lewd comment ,..:)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Desperately seeking LML:
    No offence to the new presenter, but I really miss our lisa. Anyone know if shes due on soon?
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    you'll catch some grief from some on here for this but i agree.. aside from her presenting skills lml has a very personable way about her  that is lacking lately..
  • edited May 2011
    No offence to the new presenter, but I really miss our lisa. Anyone know if shes due on soon?
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Hi

I know that Sky Presenters and Analysts are paid on a show to show basis, sometimes they get a show, sometimes they don't, I also believe there was a productive meeting between LM and Sky, there was a lot of conjecture on the forum as to what happened, we were told I believe rightly, this was between LM and Sky :)
  • edited May 2011
    ugh

I miss Lisa on our screens too, I'm sure most of the community do. And if this is simply a thread to say about that, fair enough.

But it's really out of order to use it as an excuse to make subtle digs at the new girl, who is starting a brand new job and trying to fill some pretty enormous shoes. Give her a break and let her settle in at least! I think she's doing a great job so far, sure- she's different to Lisa, but what did you expect? A direct clone?

Let her settle and find her feet, she's already taking the banter from TK brilliantly and seeming more comfortable with each show, and best of luck to her. 

Not targeted at you Ace btw, but already we've had one comment and doubtless there'll be more. Really bad form IMO especially when it's not merited.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML:
    ugh I miss Lisa on our screens too, I'm sure most of the community do. And if this is simply a thread to say about that, fair enough. But it's really out of order to use it as an excuse to make subtle digs at the new girl, who is starting a brand new job and trying to fill some pretty enormous shoes. Give her a break and let her settle in at least! I think she's doing a great job so far, sure- she's different to Lisa, but what did you expect? A direct clone? Let her settle and find her feet, she's already taking the banter from TK brilliantly and seeming more comfortable with each show, and best of luck to her.  Not targeted at you Ace btw, but already we've had one comment and doubtless there'll be more. Really bad form IMO especially when it's not merited.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    i'm not slating anyone, nothing to do with anna but yeah lml's absence from tv, the forum etc is noticeable.. isn't it possible for the suits to have both on the presenting rotation rather than either/or?
    bob
  • edited May 2011
    if it honestly wasn't a dig then apologies, it really did sound like one though.

What the sky board do is far above my, or any player here's head- if it were possible to have both on our screens, obviously we'd all be happy. Whatever's happened has happened, and I think we have to just accept it for now and hope that LML returns to the live feed in the future.
  • edited May 2011
    tempting ,very tempting ..........but i like lisa marie far too much ,to make some sort of lewd comment ,..:)
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I dare you I can take it and dish it out you know! Seriously though there is a void without LML, if the programming isnt as interesting, then their viewer figs fall.
  • edited May 2011
    I believe Lisa-Marie will be at SPT Leeds on Saturday

Dave
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I would be careful saying you miss Lisa-Marie, or you will be told it's none of your business or the thread will be closed in my experience!

• edited May 2011

imo the only problem in this and previous threads has been the few who misinterpret the posts and who seek to widen the sentiments into something different.  like many others, i look forward to seeing LML sometime and hope that it will be sooner rather than later.  this comment does not refer to the performance of any other presenter, nor should it.  isn't this thread only about wanting to see LML back on the screen?

• edited May 2011
     Anna took a terrible tongue lashing from TK last night, all of which was uncalled for and she took it in good spirit with TK  apologising after it was pointed out to him he went over the top. She is a new Presenter and not some dolly bird shoved onto the show with low cut dresses for male players to Leer over.  LML was in the same spot as Anna last year when she joined Sky,  you all gave her time to settle in and prove herself.  Please afford Anna the same respect.  Annie x 
  • edited May 2011
     Anna took a terrible tongue lashing from TK last night, all of which was uncalled for and she took it in good spirit with TK  apologising after it was pointed out to him he went over the top. She is a new Presenter and not some dolly bird shoved onto the show with low cut dresses for male players to Lear over.  LML was in the same spot as Anna last year when she joined Sky,  you all gave her time to settle in and prove herself.  Please afford Anna the same respect.  Annie x 
    Posted by logdon
    Well said Logdon.

Tikay sometimes overdoes the grumpy old man routine imo. I wouldn't mind, but he was completely wrong about the "Join me and Tikay" argument anyway, and I do know these things as I've got a Linguistics degree from Oxford!

I think Anna is settling in really well to her new role, and controlled Tikay admirably! :-)
  • edited May 2011
     Anna took a terrible tongue lashing from TK last night, all of which was uncalled for and she took it in good spirit with TK  apologising after it was pointed out to him he went over the top. She is a new Presenter and not some dolly bird shoved onto the show with low cut dresses for male players to Leer over.  LML was in the same spot as Anna last year when she joined Sky,  you all gave her time to settle in and prove herself.  Please afford Anna the same respect.  Annie x 
    Posted by logdon
    This wasnt a dig at anna, I was merely pointing out it was a shame lisa hadnt been on. Surely there must be scope for two female presenters or is sky poker that tight/broke.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Well said Logdon. Tikay sometimes overdoes the grumpy old man routine imo. I wouldn't mind, but he was completely wrong about the "Join me and Tikay" argument anyway, and I do know these things as I've got a Linguistics degree from Oxford! I think Anna is settling in really well to her new role, and controlled Tikay admirably! :-)
    Posted by darich
    Yes, I think TK took exception to being put last in the sentence, he has been on the show and at Sky the longest. Plus he's a man and thinks they are smarter and should be first.  ..... Mmmmm that should get a reaction.?  Or is he still licking his wounds.! I'm sure he meant it as fun banter but came across as Teacher scolding little School girl.  I did post somewhere for an all female line up to include LML.   The men have all male Primo line up.  I also think Anna would be better placed as anchor girl with Rich Orf or Hartigan keep TK in a cage back stage. ? 
  • edited May 2011
    I think some of you are reading too much into things here.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Well said Logdon. Tikay sometimes overdoes the grumpy old man routine imo. I wouldn't mind, but he was completely wrong about the "Join me and Tikay" argument anyway, and I do know these things as I've got a Linguistics degree from Oxford! I think Anna is settling in really well to her new role, and controlled Tikay admirably! :-)
    Posted by darich
    Lol!

Tk got the approval of a school teacher, I think this beats it!

pwnd!
  • edited May 2011
    Talking of people going missing....where's Giddzo?
  • edited May 2011

To see LML on TV keep an eye on the schedules (probably channel 5) for Party Poker's "The Big Game".

A couple of weeks ago LML co-hosted it with Kara Scott.

• edited May 2011
    I think some of you are reading too much into things here.
    Posted by AcidMan27[/QUOTE

sigh...agreed,dont these people get tk's sense of humour?.

he was JOKING! just like when he give's richard stick(he doesnt really think rich is a terrible poker player,shock,horror) its called banter and most people like to give and take friendly abuse.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML :
    I think some of you are reading too much into things here. Posted by AcidMan27[/QUOTE sigh...agreed,dont these people get tk's sense of humour?. he was JOKING! just like when he give's richard stick(he doesnt really think rich is a terrible poker player,shock,horror) its called banter and most people like to give and take friendly abuse.
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Yes, course we get it. He and Rich are a great double act, but even he apologised on Saturday's show, and he was still wrong in his argument anyway :-)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML :
    I think some of you are reading too much into things here. Posted by AcidMan27[/QUOTE sigh...agreed,dont these people get tk's sense of humour?. he was JOKING! just like when he give's richard stick(he doesnt really think rich is a terrible poker player,shock,horror) its called banter and most people like to give and take friendly abuse.
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Did you watch the Show ........ I did ......... and TK went beyond friendly BANTER till it became ABUSE  you could see Anna was surprised and taken-a-back by his verbal assault on her and even TK accepted he had over stepped the mark and Apologised. If he had said that to Grace Jones we know who would have got the slap. ?  Friendly Banter should be just that,  Friendly.   TK's tone of voice was aggressive and not friendly to the point of spilling over to the table play still ranting on about her lack of education and grammar. We all know TK is not normally like that and it was totally out of character for him. Anna to her credit accepted his Apology so that should have been the end of it, that was until this thread.    Hugs to both Anna & TK   Annie x

-----------------------------
  • edited May 2011
    I think many people have misjudged the situation and I think Tikay will be shocked to believe that you thought his on screen antics were anything but that.
  • edited May 2011

Tk is the only man who can end an apology with an insult!

lol :)

• edited May 2011
    I think you will find that LM has played on the site tonite :)
  • edited May 2011
    I think many people have misjudgedthe situation and I think Tikay will be shocked to believe that you thought his on screen antics were anything but that.
    Posted by Machka
     So you see nothing wrong with TK harassing Anna a new Presenter on her second appearance to the show and put it down to friendly banter. All OK in your eyes that's how you treat a Lady is it.  Well, why did TK apologise, because even he realised he over did it and was to aggressive to the point of ranting. He is after all her mentor and should be there to help and support her during the show not slagging her off.  Did you watch the show or just view replay. I was shocked at his attack on Anna and posted my disapproval which resulted in his Apology. Please don't trivialize this it was blatant bullying and unacceptable.
  • edited May 2011
    I think you will find that LM has played on the site tonite :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    our resident stalker bazza wp :)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : our resident stalker bazza wp :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Hey guys..

I'll be reporting for Sky Poker at SPT Leeds this weekend.

x
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML :  So you see nothing wrong with TK harassing Anna a new Presenter on her second appearance to the show and put it down to friendly banter. All OK in your eyes that's how you treat a Lady is it.  Well, why did TK apologise, because even he realised he over did it and was to aggressive to the point of ranting. He is after all her mentor and should be there to help and support her during the show not slagging her off.  Did you watch the show or just view replay. I was shocked at his attack on Anna and posted my disapproval which resulted in his Apology. Please don't trivialize this it was blatant bullying and unacceptable.
    Posted by logdon
    "calm down dear!"
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Hey guys.. I'll be reporting for Sky Poker at SPT Leeds this weekend. x
    Posted by LML
    FYP. ;)

BTW Nice to have you back.