You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Desperately seeking LML

Comments

• edited May 2011
    there you go its from the horses mouth(& no i aint sayin lml is a horse before you pipe up lol). so can we stop the theorys & b/s people have breaks from time to time even you lot, when you have 2 weeks in spain does everyone say ohhh i guess he/shes been sacked etc.... nooooooooooooooo chill out guys lml is in the building. peace
  • edited May 2011
    Nice to have u back Miss Long glad u replied to me with the x as barry would have taken it the wrong way ;)

welcome back i assume x
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML:
    there you go its from the horses mouth(& no i aint sayin lml is a horse before you pipe up lol). so can we stop the theorys & b/s people have breaks from time to time even you lot, when you have 2 weeks in spain does everyone say ohhh i guess he/shes been sacked etc.... nooooooooooooooo chill out guys lml is in the building. peace
    Posted by seppe
    How'z it going Beppe? alright? ;)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : "calm down dear!"
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Don't start me off ........... you wont like me if my Horns grow back.?
  • edited May 2011
    haha fine thanks i know your being sarki but im good how u running( in the poker sense i mean ha). just thought id be serious for a second with my comment^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

p.s yes im having a beer lol
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Don't start me off ........... you wont like me if my Horns grow back.?
    Posted by logdon
    logdon it was out of order i agree but didnt he apologise & say he was just giving some banter? ye maybe he went to far but we all know tikay wouldnt do it intentionally so why you keep bringing it up????. i look forward to the war of words........................ i can see a harry hill fight on the horizon ha
  • edited May 2011
    haha fine thanks i know your being sarki but im good how u running( in the poker sense i mean ha). just thought id be serious for a second with my comment^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. p.s yes im having a beer lol
    Posted by seppe
    haha yeh running ok, better than last time our paths crossed anyway!

gl sir !
  • edited May 2011
    by the way regarding gidzo.

he we not be on sky poker tv anymore!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by seppe
    He Seppe,

Yes I will now be promoting and reporting on the the SPTs rather than the live show's. 

And I haven't been on any holidays that's for sure lol.

Can't wait to see you all in Leeds..

I'll be posting on this new development more fully tomorrow eve.
    x

• edited May 2011
    by the way regarding gidzo. he we not be on sky poker tv anymore!!!!
    Posted by jesusdog22
    why not ?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : He Seppe, Yes I will now be promoting and reporting on the the SPTs rather than the live show's.  And I haven't been on any holidays that's for sure lol. Can't wait to see you all in Leeds.. x
    Posted by LML
    Does this mean you'll be at all the SPT's then from now on???

I better start trying to qualify in that case ;-)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : haha yeh running ok, better than last time our paths crossed anyway! gl sir !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    good luck to you. i was out of order last time we crossed paths plus i was wrong haha. i just thought id have a laff at your expense with the hand that was played...... il be honest i dont like you, you come across as arrogant when your on the forum etc i know you do it to get a reaction blah blah blah lol but each to their own it works lol. but il admit i was out ov order starting that post with the 222 flop
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Does this mean you'll be at all the SPT's then from now on??? I better start trying to qualify in that case ;-)
    Posted by darich
    Yep.. That's the plan.

I'll not be playing though. But reporting, interviewing and doing a few phone-ins.

So yep. You'd get your backside in gear young man ;)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : why not ?
    Posted by billyboots
     as i have been told it was skys decision and not eds,i guess they have decided to go down other routes for example the guest presenters!!!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Yep.. That's the plan :)
    Posted by LML
    lisa marie its plo ftw get on it lol
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML :  as i have been told it was skys decision and not eds,i guess they have decided to go down other routes for example the guest presenters!!!!!!
    Posted by jesusdog22
    If that's true, then that's another bizarre decision imo.

Ed is/was the most deep-thinking and insightful analyst on the show imo...

"nothing to do with you Darich"....yes, yes, I know :-)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Yep.. That's the plan. I'll not be playing though. But reporting, interviewing and doing a few phone-ins. So yep. You'd get your backside in gear young man ;)
    Posted by LML
    Will do!!

Is it somewhere in deepest, darkest Wales in July??

I better go and find a map! :-)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : logdon it was out of order i agree but didnt he apologise & say he was just giving some banter? ye maybe he went to far but we all know tikay wouldnt do it intentionally so why you keep bringing it up????. i look forward to the war of words........................ i can see a harry hill fight on the horizon ha
    Posted by seppe
    Thank you, you agree I agree ..... we both agree TK was out of order no need for war of words.  Please read all the posts before commenting,  you will see I responded to others comments on this thread and put my point of view. fwiw.  Hugs Annie x 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : If that's true, then that's another bizarre decision imo. Ed is/was the most deep-thinking and insightful analyst on the show imo... "nothing to do with you Darich"....yes, yes, I know :-)
    Posted by darich
    came straight form the horses mouth so is unfortunately 100% true
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML :  as i have been told it was skys decision and not eds,i guess they have decided to go down other routes for example the guest presenters!!!!!!
    Posted by jesusdog22
    thanx for the info,................much appreciated.

Gr8 shame tho.....i liked him.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Desperately seeking LML : Thank you, you agree I agree ..... we both agree TK was out of order no need for war of words.  Please read all the posts before commenting,  you will see I responded to others comments on this thread and put my point of view. fwiw.  Hugs Annie x 
    Posted by logdon
    tut i wanted a chucky(your pic lookalike pic) fight with my invisable man pic FIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • edited May 2011

Good evening all.

I was having a peaceful day off, but several PM's have alerted me to the suggestion by Annie, & perhaps a few others (though less forceful) suggesting I was rude to Anna on Saturday, such that I needed to apologise.

The accusations are wholly wrong.

It's just part of the "act", for goodness sake, it's what I do, & I do it with all the Presenters, always have done, though I guess I'll have to cease that now. 

I had agreed with Anna that we'd do the "good guy/bad guy" thing, & I'd be the bad guy. It helps to get her "on side" with the viewers, especially as she's a newbie. 

I don't do rude to my colleagues, & I especially don't do rude with young ladies, nobody who knows me will argue with that. It was done as banter, & it was taken as banter. That's it, no more, no less. Anna would confirm that.

I do my "humour" & banter straight-faced, but I'm staggered that the bluff was not seen by everyone.

The "PC climate" has changed hugely since the Grays/Keys thing. We can no longer have "banter" with or about the Welsh, or the Scots  - I'd get the sack on the spot if I did my previous "mock" abuse of Dylan, Daiboot, (both of whom have become close personal friends) & Co because they are Welsh.

We can't do ageist stuff any more either - I used to have a lot of fun with my good friend & hero, "Dollie", but I got an official warning from the Suits last time I did it, so that's that off the list now, too. Everyone, including my dear Colleagues, throw the ageist stuff at me day in & day out, but apparently that's OK, because I'm not a Client. And I'm 100% fine with it, I don't take myself as seriously as some do, & I'm not in the least "precious".

And we can't do "sexist" stuff, or "mock" abuse females for being female, or make suggestive remarks, or double intendres. The fact others still do it is none of my business - I know what the current "on-message" stance from the Suits is, & I stick to it religiously. What others may say & do is none of my business, I follow the Rules, & do my job within the rules. How else could I, with my very limited talents, (I just "be myself") have survived on 865 so long?

So, the range of verbal sparring I can engage with my Presenters & our players has narrowed considerably, & it's quite a struggle to find an "angle". Without banter, the Show would die, it just would, there is only so much hand analysis possible before viewers, not all of whom are poker savvy, would get bored & switch off.

I was asked by Mother to "do" Anna's first few Shows with her because she knew I'd handle her "just so", help her find her feet, make sure I did my best to get the viewers onside with her, even it if was at my expense.

So that's what I was doing on Saturday. Mock "outrage" & "mock" apology. Just, you know, sparring, for fun, doing (probably quite badly) my Victor Meldrew thing.

The Shows on 865 are in their fifth year now, & it's a 24/7 effort to try to keep the content fresh, & different. I have notched up over 500 Shows now, & the best part of 1,000+ hours commentating on poker hands. There are only so many different ways I can describe A-K v Q-Q, & still keep the viewers interested, & that's what I aim to do - keep the viewers engaged, interested, entertained, amused, & for the newbies, educated as to poker. I spend hours prepping for every single Show, researching, googling, finding little interesting "snippets" designed to make people think, & engage with us, & to decide on my "angle" for that particular Show.

I'm just staggered that anyone could or would believe even for a second that I was being rude to Anna, or felt the need to apologise. Anna thanked me after each of the Shows I did with her (I've done 4, I think, two "live" & 2 "pre-records") & I was also her "straight-man" when she did her Sky Poker Screen Tests. There were a whole bunch of technical challenges (giving her split-second throws to "hard counts" etc) which I tried to help her with, & which she was kind enough to thank me for, as did the Producers, the Director, & Mother. 

My current "act" is the grumpy old man, offended by poor grammar, & I could not have imagined that it would cause offence to a living soul, & if I had thought it would, I would never have done it.

If I offended anyone, I apologise. But I'm staggered I feel the need to say that, as I assumed everyone had worked out the "act". 

How depressing all this is.
  • edited May 2011
    So does all this mean you're going to have to stick to talking about bricks for 4 hours next time ?

hehe.
  • edited May 2011
    I've shared many many hours at a poker table/smoking area/coffee machine with TK and I've never seen him be rude to anyone.

These kinda threads are started by people who appear to lack in common sense/social skills to understand when people are just joking around rather than being serious.

For example, on the show Rich and Tikay constantly say they can't stand each other, ohhh can't a proper presenter like James be donig the show tonight etc....that Rich is an awful poker player etc however it takes just 30 seconds of being in their company to see that they are really good friends and both have respect for each others poker ability....Tikay was thrilled that Rich made day 2 at Walsall recently...probably just as thrilled as Rich was tbh.

If people can't start using their common sense, then the quality of programming on 865 will suffer as it will become a very boring programme to watch.  When I tune into the shows, I don't do it to see hands/get advice.  I do it because the show interacts so well with the communtiy/the site as a whole.
  • edited May 2011
    So does all this mean you're going to have to stick to talking about bricks for 4 hours next time ? hehe.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Well until the British Brick Federation ( a fine body of souls, I might add) complain at my banter, I guess, yes.

You'd better swat up on the difference between Flemish bond, & English bond, or between stetchers & headers, pressed & wire cut, Class A's & Class B's.

Can I be the first person to offend a brick wall, I wonder?

• edited May 2011
    How about a really sickly, being nice to each other show, done really sarcastically. That could be funny.

Or maybe not........*goes off to read up on these brick things.
  • edited May 2011
    I've shared many many hours at a poker table/smoking area/coffee machine with TK and I've never seen him be rude to anyone. These kinda threads are started by people who appear to lack in common sense/social skills to understand when people are just joking around rather than being serious. For example, on the show Rich and Tikay constantly say they can't stand each other, ohhh can't a proper presenter like James be donig the show tonight etc....that Rich is an awful poker player etc however it takes just 30 seconds of being in their company to see that they are really good friends and both have respect for each others poker ability....Tikay was thrilled that Rich made day 2 at Walsall recently...probably just as thrilled as Rich was tbh. If people can't start using their common sense, then the quality of programming on 865 will suffer as it will become a very boring programme to watch.  When I tune into the shows, I don't do it to see hands/get advice.  I do it because the show interacts so well with the communtiy/the site as a whole.
    Posted by scotty77
    Well said! Don't bother listening to the odd idiot, the banter makes the show fun.
  • edited May 2011

Thanks Scotty.

And in case anyone is whooshed by the way I speak to Rich Orford on screen, I adore him, every ounce of him, I love him like a son or brother. If I did not, I would not be able to say the things I do. Only true friends can do that.

I actually think that feeling is mutual, too, we get on wonderfully, & I have nothing but respect & admiration for his immense talent & humanity. And I'd back him to hold his own against most of the poker players on this site, too, the way he played the GUKPT on Friday & Saturday, without any cards to work with, was as good as it gets.
  • edited May 2011
    women can vote?!?!?! what the devil. black people dont have to sit at the back of the bus!!?!?!? outrageous. 

some people are unbelievable, its the 21st century. Tikay does the same thing to orford its alright hes male, does the same with a female and the pitchforks are out. lol so funny. everyone is equal, male/female (except at driving), english/welsh (except at poker) banter is banter. the show is funny because of the onscreen balance between analysis and humour. 

Nuff said

P.S best say my comments aimed at female/welshies was just a joke before all the donuts flame me. Although imagine being female AND welsh. man they got it bad :)

• edited May 2011
    I think many people have misjudged the situation and I think Tikay will be shocked to believe that you thought his on screen antics were anything but that.
    Posted by Machka
    "Shocked" is an understatement, but it's probably best I say no more.