You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Tikay Appreciation Society

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Tikay Appreciation Society:
    First post for me, and I'm doing it purely to add love for tikay. Not really sure what this is about, but I assume it's due to people taking some clearly good-intentioned fun the wrong way. I don't actively take part in the community, or even play that much poker (purely down to time, and lack of skill tbh), but I very much enjoy the TV shows and banter. I enjoy all the presenters/analysts, but Rich and Tikay really make the show worth watching, and were one the big reasons for getting me interested in poker in the first place. Please keep it up.
    Posted by EdWood
    +1 !! Join in More!!
  • edited May 2011
     I have very little to say about the man apart from he is a true gentleman,in my eyes 100% honest and i know that if anyone on Sky Poker needed to chat to Tikay about poker or anyother subject his door would always be open .

Kind Regards  Mick.
  • edited May 2011
    I,m starting to belive his wikipedia page now, about the 2 of you

I know you don,t like these sort of things Tikay, but Skypoker wouldn,t be the same w/o you.

As for critisism aimed at you - i,m sure you,ll take it on the chin as out of the thousands of viewers/players it doesn,t matter who you are or what you do- You will always get some,  and this is poker after all. Not everyone is so gracious in defeat and some will vent their frustrations in anyway they can . I,m sure you know this anyway, but just saying if their was a Tikay appreciation society i,d be in it

Paul
  • edited May 2011
    Tikay is the ultimate class act. He goes out of his way to bring peace on this forum and is THE BEST AMBASSADOR Sky Poker could wish for. His forum post count shows how much time he has spent helping this forum grow. 

Me and my wife ( ;)) always appreciate the amount of time he takes to chat to everyone at SPT's and the fun abuse he gives everyone over the microphone.  
  • edited May 2011
    TOP MAN
    TOP PRESENTER
    TOP POKERIST

DO NOT CHANGE A THING

Anna is a big girl and she looked like she enjoyed the fun and games...

I for one will look forward to more of the same...

• edited May 2011
    Haven't been on the site for the last few days....but if tikay had changed over those few days away i would be surprised!!!!! He stands for integrity,dignity,has a great sense of humour, can run with the best of them and under plays his capabilities on the felt,wears a burgundy jacket well(...which is hard to do!) And if tikay has been unveiled as living in pakistan in a compound under an another name !!! then kill the infedel !!Dave. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to The Tikay Appreciation Society:
    Hi all, It's been brought to my attention that Tikay has suffered a little bit of criticism recently (more than the usual quota he gets which comes with the job). He's a close friend of mine, I know him very well and I know he'll be really hurt and upset by it all. Tikay is one of life's good guys- always willing to help others and always up for having a bit of fun with people. I can kind of understand how people who don't know him might misconstrue his comedy comments on TV, but it's all an act. The fact is- he's a lovable fella who has time for everyone and would never set out to intentionally offend anyone. 'tis nothing but good ol' fashioned good-natured banter. Anyway- the last thing I want is for Tikay to tone it down or change the way he does things on the show. And since every other week I'm reading comments on the forum from players having a pop at the old man, I've decided to start this thread for everyone to post a few words about what they like about Tikay. Here's a few from me... He goes through life with a twinkle in his eye and a wry smile. Takes his beats in life like a man and is a truly funny guy.  How many blokes his age do you know who's totally across pop culture and modern technology? He's more across Twitter and Facebook than I am! He's also a very charitable and generous bloke, which a lot of people don't get to see. He's often put his hand in his pocket to help out people who need it. Also, one hell of a poker player. Much better than he's ever given credit for- and that's because he doesn't enter the big tournaments- he consistently cashes in low-key small events and chops the money when he can. Well, I love him anyway. I hope there's a few of you out there who can back me up- so the big man doesn't get too down in the dumps. I'll tell you what- you'd miss him if he ever went from here. Don't worry though, I haven't gone all soppy. Normal service will be resumed on Thursday night when I do the show with him again and I'll have all guns blazing, giving him nothing but grief for four hours!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Are we talking about Tikay1 or Tikay10........ ;)
  • edited May 2011
    I haven't had the pleasure to meet Tikay before but having playing with him in a couple of tournies I think he does an INCREDIBLE job.The way he responds to everybody in the chat box even when multi-tabling and in a light hearted humorous way is spot on for me.I also love the way when they have a guest in the studio who can talk for England(ie Neil Channing)he just lets them run with it because he knows they know what they are on about and doesn't feel the need to steal the limelight so to speak.Especially the show with Paul Jackson which was easily the best show I have seen on the channel.

• edited May 2011
    Tikay does what he does, it's his job and I'm sure he knows that criticism goes with the job. He does what he does very well indeed but can't be expected to get it all right all the time, and I'm sure he knows that too. He is well liked by the majority of people and only a minority (for reasons of their own) dislike him and are openly critical. He is the face of Sky Poker and as such open to all the above. He has in the past been a successful businessman and I'm sure he is very capable of balancing all the plates and coping.  On a personal note, I like him, I disagree with him on some things, but I respect him immensely.  I have to say though, these type of threads don't help his case, in fact I suspect they only make it worse for him. Whatever motivates the folk who abuse his good nature is anybody's guess but threads which openly sing his praises probably serve to induce even more jabs aimed in his direction.  The man knows how good he is at presenting, analysing and entertaining, and over-egging the pudding isn't needed. I can see the intentions behind posts like this but I really don't think they do him any favours......... Just my opinion and I'm sure a lot will disagree, so feel free to have a go at me. Just don't anybody start a 'we love Elsa' thread up afterwards.
    Posted by elsadog
    +1

top man elsa & tk

• edited May 2011
    no disrespect to the others but...

NO TIKAY = NO SKY POKER

any chance tikay can play the next event (gukpt luton)

id love to see the forum get behind the legend which is tikay.. id fancy him on home turf!!!
  • edited May 2011
    UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1
  • edited May 2011
    The MAN is incredible. How many other guys in their mid 60's (600's?) could do as much as Tikay?
    Sure he has his 'grumps', but then so do we all. In the years i have been watching 865 i have come to realise that he is a genuinely nice guy, and that the 'act' he puts on for the television is just that; an 'act', and one he is very good at. I don't believe that any of the presenters/analysts take his jibes seriously and if they did he would be walking/hobbling around in a much worse state....LML and Anna!!!!
    I say keep up the good work!!!!

Just to keep the old feller a little humble....I HATE BRICK MAKING, so don't mention it again !!!!
  • edited May 2011
     I only meant to blow his ears off. !  But instead I think I'll just give him a slap.?  "Friendly banter lads." OK. Hugs From Me. xxx
  • edited May 2011
     I only meant to blow his ears off. !  But instead I think I'll just give him a slap.?  "Friendly banter lads." OK. Hugs From Me. xxx
    Posted by logdon
    too little, too late don't you think?

ps .... please don't hijack this thread like before.

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Tikay Appreciation Society : too little, too late don't you think? ps .... please don't hijack this thread like before.
    Posted by aussie09
    One post is hardly hijacking the thread. I left my comments on the night done and dusted you lot started posting about it and I responded. They were my views and I'm entitled to air them, others agreed and you lot are now perpetuating the problem against TKs wishes. All well meant no doubt. If you read my posts you will see I have been teasing him and just like he said it was all friendly banter which came across wrong. Just for TKs sake I will not post any further comments on this matter.  Hugs Annie x  
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Tikay Appreciation Society : One post is hardly hijacking the thread. I left my comments on the night done and dusted you lot started posting about it and I responded. They were my views and I'm entitled to air them, others agreed and you lot are now perpetuating the problem against TKs wishes. All well meant no doubt. If you read my posts you will see I have been teasing him and just like he said it was all friendly banter which came across wrong. Just for TKs sake I will not post any further comments on this matter.  Hugs Annie x  
    Posted by logdon
    this thread is not about you

• edited May 2011
    Another thing I love about Tikay- his daily naps at 4pm...

• edited May 2011
    Another thing I love about Tikay- his daily naps at 4pm...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    ... and 6pm.... and 8pm..... and 10pm....
  • edited May 2011
    keep up the good work tikay, old people have a sense of humour whooda thunk it!? see you in leeds sir
  • edited May 2011
    I love Tikay because he is the best lolpro on TV!

hahahaha ;-))

• edited May 2011
    Totally Original, Naughty & Youthful

Kendall Endurs Negativity with Dignity. Always Leg-pulling with Love.

Genuinely one of the nicest most approachable people you could ever meet!! 

Lovez ya 'pops'...see you in Leeds wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx

* I think I went too far with the 'youthful' part ;o)
  • edited May 2011
    Tikay is simply My Hero! Long-Live mighty Tikay :D
  • edited May 2011
    How many 87yos do you know that listen to Eminem and Metallica, play poker and more than hold their own when bantering with the young uns? Tikay's cool as and a gent.

Hope the recent nonsense doesn't stop Orf and Teeks ripping into each other on the show because I always love the shows when they're in battle mode with each other and have lol'd at them on many an occasion. Anyone who thinks that Tikay's serious when in that mode is a fizzy drink short of a picnic IMHO.
  • edited May 2011
    T otally   O riginal, N aughty & Y outhful K endall E ndurs N e gativity with D ignity . A lways L eg-pulling with L ove. Genuinely one of the nicest most approachable people you could ever meet!!  Lovez ya 'pops'...see you in Leeds wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii xx * I think I went too far with the 'youthful' part ;o)
    Posted by TRIP5

WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY  too far ;o)

• edited May 2011
    Tikay is a top bloke and top presenter. There's plenty on here that he's ripped the wee wee out of, and (as far as I know) we've all taken it as it was meant. 
    He will always chat at SPT events, despite being busy, and does it with a smile (albeit haggered at times).
    My crowning moment as a live player was Tikay describing me as an animal (later discovered to be a pine marten) at DTD last year.
    He does need my professional help, however! 57? FFS!
  • edited May 2011
    Unbelievable Tekkers and lolpro both got me laughing out loud in the office.

Thanks you guys. Now everyone knows I was on the forum reading Tikay lovemail. Marv.
  • edited May 2011
    sorry to go against the flow here but his snoring truely is the worst
  • edited May 2011
    sorry to go against the flow here but his snoring truely is the worst
    Posted by yoyo
    We'll have to bow to your authority on that subject, Julian. Although the question remains, how do you know?
  • edited May 2011
    no disrespect to the others but... NO TIKAY = NO SKY POKER any chance tikay can play the next event (gukpt luton) id love to see the forum get behind the legend which is tikay.. id fancy him on home turf!!!
    Posted by bigflop1
    How much is the buy-in? I'd buy a share, would be great if the Sky regs could stake him a thank-you for all he does.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Tikay Appreciation Society : How much is the buy-in? I'd buy a share, would be great if the Sky regs could stake him a thank-you for all he does.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Cracking Idea Gary....where do I send my 56p?