You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can you ever fold here

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
playing a 10 seat 25/50 game villian is a good reg but also can bet big on scare cards i think i go all in in this spot with a 6  but can i really fold aaa66 here advice please i have to check that flop with aaa i think nobody calls a bet there

ActionCardsAmountPotBalanceFL0WTIGHTSmall blind £0.25£0.25£192.25YogiTheDogBig blind £0.50£0.75£67.21 Your hole cardsAA   BENDOG40Raise £2.00£2.75£45.12CCIncFold    D_WinnerFold    unleashedFold    scotty77Call £2.00£4.75£48.00reademFold     Call £2.00£6.75£62.08death666Fold    FL0WTIGHTCall £1.75£8.50£190.50YogiTheDogCall £1.50£10.00£65.71Flop  6A2   FL0WTIGHTCheck    YogiTheDogCheck    bendog40Check    scotty77Check     Check    Turn  6   FL0WTIGHTCheck    YogiTheDogCheck    BENDOG40Bet £5.00£15.00£40.12scotty77Fold     Call £5.00£20.00£57.08FL0WTIGHTFold    YogiTheDogCall £5.00£25.00£60.71River  6   YogiTheDogCheck    BENDOG40Check     All-in £57.08£82.08£0.00YogiTheDogFold    <

Comments

• edited June 2011
    losing to 1 card only... i dont even know why you've checked unless you were intending to trap in which case I don't know why this hand is posted since you got what you wanted.. Alot of people could be doing this with any Ax thinking they have the nuts.
  • edited June 2011
    always bet your hands, whether youve flopped a monster or flopped a bag of spanners. stops people getting reads and builds the pot. plus if they have something they will come along anyway, if not its unlikely they will improve enough on the turn to continue in the hand even with you giving them a free card. hard to see what he would be jamming here other than the 6, theres only 1 ace left out there and why would he overbet jam like this, hes never going to be called by a hand he beats. grim spot. i assume you posted this because you called and he had the 6 in which case ul. but its definately a blubbering fold for me.
  • edited June 2011
    pre is good

bet flop

bet turn bigger

bet river

snap river shove
  • edited June 2011
    No you cant fold in this spot ever, worse FH will still shove likely

pre= Fine
    Flop= i dont think a check is bad here, sometimes i would bet it though
    turn= i'd bet more £7.50 or £8
    river= i would not check because you havent built the pot, bet 50-75% pot for value and snap and shove
  • edited June 2011

As nitty as i can be, i can never ever fold this hand. It has got to be the winning hand most of the time so it has to be a +ve call does'nt it?

Cant be results orientated, its got to be good more than 50% of the time.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here:
    As nitty as i can be, i can never ever fold this hand. It has got to be the winning hand most of the time so it has to be a +ve call does'nt it? Cant be results orientated, its got to be good more than 95% of the time.
    Posted by DrSharp
    FYP
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : FYP
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    not really.

only 1 ace left in the deck and only 1 six left in the deck.

personally I'd never fold I don't know how you did it Bendog! 

I know the villain sometimes posts on the forums so hopefully he can come along and help us out!
  • edited June 2011
    Bet every street and never fold.
  • edited June 2011
    how is it ever good though really. surely he checks any other pp behind as he has showdown value. i actually think he has a 6 here. like scotty says same chance of him having a 6 in this hand as him having an ace. i just think if he has an ace the hand plays out differently, unless villain is always this passive with tp on a relatively dry board.

played out like he has the 6, check flop with a pair, just flat when you catch trips, shove for value on the river hoping your opponent has an ace.
  • edited June 2011
    as hard as it is, this is a fold unless villain is a douche
  • edited June 2011

as hard as it is, this is a fold unless villain is a douche
    Posted by pryce6
    He says villian is a good reg so +1
  • edited June 2011
    you gotta stack here surely.......can this ever be a -ev over time?
  • edited June 2011
    you gotta stack here surely.......can this ever be a -ev over time?
    Posted by tapeworm
    over time a 'good reg' will never be making this play with anything other than a 6 in his hand. im certain he wouldnt jam with an ace, silly imo. and its doubtful hes bluffing here because of the way the hand played out, he hasnt set him up to bluff him, and its not a great board to attempt a bluff on. could be wrong though obv. bendog is going to have to be right making this call such a large % of the time for it to be a profitable long term. 

• edited June 2011
    FML why would u ever check the river. If your checking to induce a bluff from missed flush draws, you have to call. I think a good reg is defo capable of shoving a missed flush draw, it doesnt look like anyone else has got anything, so good spot to take the pot. 

Also Hurst, why would jamming an ace be silly? First off, if you got an ace, chances of someone have AA is so unlikey, and even more unlikely when its been checked to you, nobody should ever be checking AA on the river :S . If they suspect that you could be doing it with missed flush draws, you might get heroed by worse fullhouses. 

and a 6 reraises the turn some of the time.

edit: actually thinking about it, jamming an ace isnt the best. Nothing can call that you beat. A normal bet is the better option
  • edited June 2011
    lol at folding

if villain is good reg he raises 6 on turn a decent % of time

there are more As than 6s in his range

he likes to bluff scare cards, and no one has shown any strength

people will  sometimes call with worse boats than an A, so he can bet Ax for value, also some players mught fold the split (not many though)
  • edited June 2011
    hen i first skimmed this HH I thought that the villain open shoved

now that i've read it properly and you checked river you can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever fold
  • edited June 2011

i think you need to bet the river.  if he shoves over your river raise then the decision is a lot easier.  i think you played it fine until the river and it looks like you have been ridiculously unlucky.

if you check then i think you have to call.

• edited June 2011

just noticed there are 3 players on the river so if he has just an ace it is unlikely to be scooping the whole pot...a good reg will know this which imo makes it a smaller part of their range

• edited June 2011

Hey Mr dog i had AJ the second best hand after 7-2 off obv

• edited June 2011
    FML why would u ever check the river. If your checking to induce a bluff from missed flush draws, you have to call. I think a good reg is defo capable of shoving a missed flush draw, it doesnt look like anyone else has got anything, so good spot to take the pot.  Also Hurst, why would jamming an ace be silly? First off, if you got an ace, chances of someone have AA is so unlikey, and even more unlikely when its been checked to you, nobody should ever be checking AA on the river :S . If they suspect that you could be doing it with missed flush draws, you might get heroed by worse fullhouses.  and a 6 reraises the turn some of the time.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    good point on the missed flush draw and shoving, but bendog (and i dont think he would mind me saying) is a tight player, he is never going to be hero calling with anything worse (which is proved cause he folded AAA66 in this spot). so if the villain was thinking like this hes not exactly taken his opponent into consideration. 

having said that there is an argument for him having busted draw that i overlooked, villain knows bendog is a tight player and is attempting to exploit him.
  • edited June 2011
    lol at folding if villain is good reg he raises 6 on turn a decent % of time there are more As than 6s in his range he likes to bluff scare cards, and no one has shown any strength people will  sometimes call with worse boats than an A, so he can bet Ax for value, also some players mught fold the split (not many though)
    Posted by grantorino
    i dont think this is necessarily true with the massive value being offered preflop, calling with hands such as 56/67 are more likely to be profitable in this spot preflop than the majority of the hands that have an A in them.
  • edited June 2011
    When you described the villain as a "good reg" I didn't expect it to be Ozzie08 - bad read imo 
  • edited June 2011
    I find it hard to believe a good reg would overjam AJ here

• edited June 2011
    I find it hard to believe a good reg would overjam AJ here
    Posted by pryce6
    Agree to that statement, but we are talking about Ozzie08 now so scrap the "good reg" part innit 
  • edited June 2011
    yh i edited my post. Thinking about it, shoving an ace is pretty bad play, esp vs a tight player whos never calling with worse.

• edited June 2011
    No offence to Ozzie, I hope it's a level and he really did have a 6 but it's bad.

If I actually respected the player then I would fold, because without looking back at the hh we have to be right 40-50% of the time and I think the way the hand plays out he has a 6 way more than he has an Ace.
  • edited June 2011
    I'd shove Ax here v Bendawggggg or anyone else...Because I dare do it as a bluff :P

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets ear it ;).......
  • edited June 2011
    I'm also freerolling for a split.

:D
  • edited June 2011
    how is it bad to shove Ax here if you all want to fold anything other than a 6?

Personally I think he can value bet, dont know can he shove, people love to herocall stuff like 88 here and no one ever has a 6