You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can you ever fold here

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here:
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : i dont think this is necessarily true with the massive value being offered preflop, calling with hands such as 56/67 are more likely to be profitable in this spot preflop than the majority of the hands that have an A in them.
    Posted by hurst05
    theres only a 4bb raise and one caller when he calls flop. Not exactly massive value

He can certainly have AJ+, maybe a little wider. Most Ax suited are prob going to play nearly as well as suited connectors, certainly as well as offsuit connectors. That must be nearly as many hands as 46,56,67,68 especially considering he is likely to raise 6x on turn a lot of the time
  • edited June 2011
    some good posts well played ( i think) ozzie i still cant see you jam without a 6 well i did check the river to raise as i thought i had the hand i call any bet but a jam just looks like a 6 and please call my mad bet lol
  • edited June 2011
    I dont really understand why he'd call the flop if he had a 6 in his hand, 4 way, 2nd pair and what sort of kicker? 7? 5? i think this has to be a call from me, i"ve played you many a night Ben and i think your games fine, if he has a 6, ul.

what did you do in the end?

• edited June 2011
    I dont really understand why he'd call the flop if he had a 6 in his hand, 4 way, 2nd pair and what sort of kicker? 7? 5? i think this has to be a call from me, i"ve played you many a night Ben and i think your games fine, if he has a 6, ul. what did you do in the end?
    Posted by corn_rat22
    There was no bet on the flop sir
  • edited June 2011
    I dont really understand why he'd call the flop if he had a 6 in his hand, 4 way, 2nd pair and what sort of kicker? 7? 5? i think this has to be a call from me, i"ve played you many a night Ben and i think your games fine, if he has a 6, ul. what did you do in the end?
    Posted by corn_rat22
    Hi look at the hand again  i check the flop ace high very dry i folded on the river he had aj he says lol
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : Hi look at the hand again  i check the flop ace high very dry i folded on the river he had aj he says lol
    Posted by BENDOG40
    Well ozzie i was in the sky studio as a guest on sat and i asked them to look at this hand even show it, and guess what you were telling porkies and my read was spot on you had 56 clubs and i DID FOLD AAA66 TO QUADS
  • edited July 2011
    Bravo sir! I'm nowhere near good enough to fold here.
  • edited July 2011
    Hi Bendog.

Think you played it perfect in all honesty, only have a small amount invested and facing a massive raise from a reg player well known to you this is a instant fold.

So many times online i have seen these situations and only a very very small % of these times if any you would be winning when facing the massive overbet from a player who would NEVER do that without the nuts.

Obviously if he was the table loon it would be a call but still not a instant call because whenever facing bets of this nature your almost always up against the nuts, but in these cases the situation is very much player dependant and i would go so far to say that it isnt even a decision for me here its just fold simplzzzz  :)

Jenny
  • edited July 2011
    i feel that you have to bet the flop with so many players in then bet the turn and if he reraise's you shove yeah you would of suffered a bad beat this time but most times your getting paid i just don't feel everyone would of folded to a bet on the flop.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : Well ozzie i was in the sky studio as a guest on sat and i asked them to look at this hand even show it, and guess what you were telling porkies and my read was spot on you had 56 clubs and i DID FOLD AAA66 TO QUADS
    Posted by BENDOG40
    Did they show this on tv?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : Did they show this on tv?
    Posted by grantorino
    No they dont have software to show 10 seater hands but showed me the hand on the computer hole cards exposed
  • edited July 2011
    That seems out of order to me, tbh.
  • edited July 2011
    That seems out of order to me, tbh.
    Posted by DannyMcs
    Its definitely out of order.

How can sky justify showing cards to a player in a hand that didnt go to showdown? I'm not having a go at you Ben, but the fact that you can just go in and ask for info that no other players have access to and be given it is redic.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : Its definitely out of order. How can sky justify showing cards to a player in a hand that didnt go to showdown? I'm not having a go at you Ben, but the fact that you can just go in and ask for info that no other players have access to and be given it is redic.
    Posted by grantorino
    When i asked to see this hand it was due to a request from sky poker to show this on the poker clinic to which i agreed so i was in my mind letting sky show a hand with me getting owned ie folding the best hand.When i agreed to this i asked if they would like to wait till i was on the show again expecting to be shown folding the best hand,as ozzie had posted he had aj (porkie) so when they looked at he hand with me it was going on the show but as it was 10 handed they said the software was only set up for 6 handed games.So its ok for me to get laughed at showing my tight fold if he did have aj like he posted but OUT OF ORDER TO LOOK AT THE HAND COME ON GUYS
  • edited July 2011
    Yeh its one hand and the player concerned hasn't even posted an objection so let's all get over it - not like you can just phone em up and request to see an opponents cards on every hand
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : When i asked to see this hand it was due to a request from sky poker to show this on the poker clinic to which i agreed so i was in my mind letting sky show a hand with me getting owned ie folding the best hand.When i agreed to this i asked if they would like to wait till i was on the show again expecting to be shown folding the best hand,as ozzie had posted he had aj (porkie) so when they looked at he hand with me it was going on the show but as it was 10 handed they said the software was only set up for 6 handed games.So its ok for me to get laughed at showing my tight fold if he did have aj like he posted but OUT OF ORDER TO LOOK AT THE HAND COME ON GUYS
    Posted by BENDOG40
    Sky can show the hand on tv and we'll all go lol he folded a boat, or wow thats the best fold ever. That info is out there for everyone. Its different when a person gets info that no one else gets, which is what happened here. I think its out of order. It may be a once off, but it certainly makes me wonder who can access what hand histories. If you think its ok that you get to see ozzies hand I completely disagree with you.

Fwiw I dont think there was any bad intent on your part, and the whole thing may be some sort of mistake, but you shouldnt get to see hands unless they go  out on tv.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: can you ever fold here : Sky can show the hand on tv and we'll all go lol he folded a boat, or wow thats the best fold ever. That info is out there for everyone. Its different when a person gets info that no one else gets, which is what happened here. I think its out of order. It may be a once off, but it certainly makes me wonder who can access what hand histories. If you think its ok that you get to see ozzies hand I completely disagree with you. Fwiw I dont think there was any bad intent on your part, and the whole thing may be some sort of mistake, but you shouldnt get to see hands unless they go  out on tv.
    Posted by grantorino
    You dont get this do you it was going out on tv untill they noticed while reviewing the hand it was a 10 seater so if it had been a 6 seater it was on and i would along with everybody have seen the whole cards so tell me what the difference is here i dont know what you are getting at ?
  • edited July 2011
    once they saw it was 10 handed you shouldn't have been able to see it

ozzie has a right to not have whether he was bluffing or not told to you so the next time a similar situation occurs, you dont know what he had
  • edited July 2011
    did he have a 6 :D
  • edited July 2011
    Wow thats pretty bad...... how can they privately show you somebody else hand.... I play thousands of hands with Team Sky Players and I don't particulary like the idea they can get access to my hands for information behind closed doors..

If they knew it was a 10 seater when they pulled it off the System, then obviously they should not have shown you, not carry on and let you see the hand, knowing full well it was not going to be shown to the whole of Sky through their channel.

Bad imo
  • edited July 2011

That is absolutely extraordinary and disgusting. I can’t express strongly enough just how unethical and wrong that is; it is akin to cheating.

Sky Poker has acted against their own Terms and Conditions in this instance.

EDIT: ok maybe I over reacted a little. But it is still really bad.

• edited July 2011
    Sounds like a geniune mistake by a member of the production team

I doubt they meant to give details of the hand if they were not going to show it.

Ben's explanation seems fair to me. I doubt Ozzie is that bothered anyway.

• edited July 2011
    It may have been a genuine mistake, its still not good enough.

It opens up a lot of questions though. Who has access to the hand histories? Can guests just ask them to throw any hand up? Can whoever puts them up for the TV show look at whatever hand they want at any time? Its a serious issue and there needs to be very strict protocols, ie as few people as possible seeing hand before it goes onvtv and also no hand should be pulled up (by anyone) unless it is certain to be broadcast. Maybe this is what happens but doesnt sound like it
  • edited July 2011
    ok guys for the last time i will tell it as it happened,sky emailed me to ask if i would mind this hand being shown on the poker clinic as i had posted it and it got a lot of debate.I agreed to this then asked if they would prefer to show this when i was on last sat sky said fine.I took the hand history id with me and the hand was looked up in front of me to confirm this was indeed the correct hand so i had to see this to confirm it was only then they said ah sorry  cant show 10 seater hands on tv.SO IF THIS WAS A 6 SEATER I WAS ALLWAYS GOING TO SEE THE HAND AND WHY IS THIS SO WRONG WHEN SKY ASKED ME IF THEY COULD SHOW IT u cant think i just walked in and said show me this hand,no wrong doing by me or sky just a 10 seater not a 6 seater .IF THIS HAND WAS 6 SEATER AND WAS SHOWN ON TV ARE YOU STILL SAYING THIS IS WRONG MAY AS WELL NOT SHOW ANY HANDS ON TV I GIVE UP
  • edited July 2011
    Ben, I am not suggesting you did anything wrong

If the hand goes out on tv everyone can see the hand there is no problem

There is a problem if certain players get to view hand histories and see peoples hole cards if the hand didnt go to showdown. Whoever gets to see the cards gets extra info that is not available to other players. That is clearly unacceptable in my eyes, and it shouldnt happen. Players need to be able to trust sky to uphold the integrity of the game, and protecting their hand histories is part of this

I accept it may have been a mistake, however thats  still not acceptable, and I cant believe you cant see why people might have a problem with this
  • edited July 2011
    You should of not seen the full hand history until everybody else got to see it on TV. They should not have showed it to you beforehand. It was entirely improper of them to do so. 

• edited July 2011
    You should of not seen the full hand history until everybody else got to see it on TV. They should not have showed it to you beforehand. It was entirely improper of them to do so. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    +1 They should of said ok lets confirm the hand id without showing hole cards.
    Then they should of told you when it will be aired and you watch it on the TV.
    Was this a TV table ? If it was not then they would need to ask every player on the table before they aired the hand.
  • edited July 2011
    GRANTORINO I AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT PLAYERS SHOULD NOT SEE HOLE CARDS 100% BUT WHAT I AM TRYING TO PUT ACROSS IS SKY NEEDED ME TO CONFIRM THE HAND SHOWN TO ME WAS THE HAND IN QUESTION AND AS YOU KNOW 95% OF HANDS ON SKY ARE 6 HANDED SO SKY SHOWING ME THIS HAND TO CONFIRM IS 95% OF THE TIME GOING TO AIR.ALSO I HAVE WATCHED THE SKY POKER CLINIC A FEW TIMES WHERE PLAYERS HAVE E- MAILED IN ASKING TO SEE A HAND NOT KNOWING THE HOLE CARDS AND THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWN THE RESULT DONT KNOW IF THAY WERE ON MASTER CASH TABLES OR PLAYERS INVOLVED AGREED TO SHOW BUT THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE SEE THIS FOR WHAT IT IS DO YOU THINK IM GOING TO OWN OZZIE NOW AS I SEEN THIS ONE HAND AND AT THE TIME I NEW HE HAD THE 6 THATS WHY I FOLDED AAA66 TO QUADS WE PLAY ON 25/50 TABLES GUYS AM I A BETTER PLAYER FOR SEEING HIS HOLE CARDS NO I FOLDED !!!!!!!!!!! AT THE TIME 
  • edited July 2011
    Caps Lock Alert.
  • edited July 2011
    Why couldnt they just look at the OP and see the hand for themselves?? and then they could compare the hand of the id you gave them and the hand in the OP.

Am I not right in saying only TV tables can be shown on TV anyway? I always thought this, but never actually paid any attension if this is true. 

The worrying thing is, if you could do this by accident. How do we know other people dont do this on purpose?

Edit: Ive just seen your actual post (that got deleted) so can see you never gave them an ID. It still wouldnt have been hard to check whether it was the right hand. Could just look at the the thread. I guess the person who was looking for it was just lazy. Or he was just as dumb as you. Keep mouth shut ftw!!