You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT!:
    and lets all remember you can win with any two cards it biols down to what you can play with
    Posted by lucky77777
    absolutely spot on LUCKY
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : hahaha  hale72 i cant stop laffin in your ugly face. wat a muppet u r. your chitter chatter is so embarassing. surely uv never had a woman with chat like that. wat a t i t.  hahahahhaha  your the laffing stock of this bent site. wat a sad lonely muppet u r. the spelling is quick tx u clown. look in the mirror and after uv borked at the state of yr face,  give that big mans head a shake.  
    Posted by neilcarlo
    iv got to agree with neilcarlo... hale72 you are a complete muppet. the best thing you can do is not post anything. and i agree uv never had a woman. unless shes in a magazine.  dimwit
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : MORALS!!! Is that the best you can call the guy an ignorant gorilla because he spelt a word wrong or put a full stop in the wrong place.You are a pathetic and sad little man, now why don't you pizz off out that door you keep going on about and take your spellcheck with you
    Posted by igimc
    igimc your the man. that post just made my day mate cheers. wat a p r i ck that hale72 is.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : MORALS!!! Is that the best you can call the guy an ignorant gorilla because he spelt a word wrong or put a full stop in the wrong place.You are a pathetic and sad little man, now why don't you pizz off out that door you keep going on about and take your spellcheck with you
    Posted by igimc
    igimc top post mate. he is a sad little pathetik man. sorry spelt pathetik wrong. wat a gorrila i must be lolololol.    get rid of the clown hale72
  • edited October 2009

Hi all , not sure whats what , as i have not been following this thread .However, i did spot an apology by hale72 . It is on page 2 of the community.

• edited October 2009

Is all the abuse I have received because I dont agree this site is bent?

The first stone was cast by one of you guys. All I have done is defended myself.

I also do not take kindly to threats on my life. Nor, I suppose will the moderators. I have no intentions of reporting this but I sincerely hope this stops now.

• edited October 2009

ok i hear what you are saying but why oh why do the same tornys night after night finish about the same time.
    i say the softwere used is fixed that way

Ever heard of Simon Trumper? He's a world-class poker player - largely retired now, of great integrity. These days he is the TD at DTD in Nottingham.

They run, regularly - 2 or 3 times a month - Tourneys at DTD which last 2 or 3 days, & have 500 or more runners. Simon can predioct how many runners will return each day, & predict, before the Tourney starts, the finishing time to within 5 minutes.

I was there on Saturday & Sunday, for a 316 runner Comp. At the start of play, he told me 54 players would survive into Day Two. I had a £10 bet with him that he'd be wrong. 53 returned, so he was wrong. But not by much.....

Sometimes the cards & poker gods just conspire to make Tourneys quicker or slower. As an Analyst here, I've been in the Studio up to 4 hours for the planned 3 hour Show on many occasion, other times the Tourney finishes at 11.15, & so we show more hands, waffle more, to "eat up" the time until Midnight. THAT is why the Show usually finishes at Midnight.

Anyone who seriously thinks the software lacks integrity are better off playing elsewhere. But what excuse will they come up with when they find it happens there, too? Tricky, that.

And no, I'm not gonna Vote.
  • edited October 2009
    ok i hear what you are saying but why oh why do the same tornys night after night finish about the same time. i say the softwere used is fixed that way Ever heard of Simon Trumper? He's a world-class poker player - largely retired now, of great integrity. These days he is the TD at DTD in Nottingham. They run, regularly - 2 or 3 times a month - Tourneys at DTD which last 2 or 3 days, & have 500 or more runners. Simon can predioct how many runners will return each day, & predict, before the Tourney starts, the finishing time to within 5 minutes. I was there on Saturday & Sunday, for a 316 runner Comp. At the start of play, he told me 54 players would survive into Day Two. I had a £10 bet with him that he'd be wrong. 53 returned, so he was wrong. But not by much..... Sometimes the cards & poker gods just conspire to make Tourneys quicker or slower. As an Analyst here, I've been in the Studio up to 4 hours for the planed 3 hour Show on many occasion, other times the Tourney finishes at 11.15, & so we show more hands, waffle more, to "eat up" the time until Midnight. Anyone who seriously thinks the software lacks integrity are better off playing elsewhere. But what excuse will they come up with when they find it happens there, too? Tricky, that. And no, I'm not gonna Vote.
    Posted by Tikay10
    well said TIKAY NOW PERHAPS PEOPLE WILL STOP ALL OF THIS
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : that was to someone else he offended not this thread....hmmm I SEE A PATERN DEVELOPING
    Posted by igimc
    I am not going to futher publish in full that particular apology, the time has passed now. If you wish to read it, it has now fallen to page 2 of general poker chat.

I just wish to reiterate that I took a joke too far and posted something in hindsight that perhaps I shouldn't.

No one complained and I was not forced to remove my post, however, I personally felt the post was wrong and took steps to remove it and other associated comments. I do have feelings and I assume so does the person I made fun of. Even though that person did not complain or probably even see the post I still felt it morally correct to remove it and make a public apology.

I like to think if it had happened to me then I would have been shown the same courtesy.

Be good guys, and genuinely good luck with your campaign. I personally do not feel the site is anyway corrupt but then again like the expression goes.... Theres no smoke without fire.

By the way, I have now edited my earlier posts to remove any upset you may feel I have caused. I have no wish to create enemies here, I feel this has now closed this thread for me.
  • edited October 2009
    Lucky why are you even getting involved? The random number generator is random... its regulated so i dont know how you can say its not random enough... if its not random enough why would you choose to play here??? silly. NeilCarlo you are the biggest muppet i have ever seen, you think you are a big man chatting s*** on here just to get a reaction... grow up and finally move out of your mums basement.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    why am i getting involved well this is a forum for anyone isnt it and yes i am leaving
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by igimc
    well said, hale cant go round shouting personal remarks cos poeple cant spell as good as his spell checker.
    I THINK YOU HALE SHOULD BE WRITEING ANOTHER APOLIGY YOU ARRAGENT SAD POKER ADDICTED MAN.
    I play poker for fun. i win some i lose some dont take it too seirous not like some poker freaks HALE.

anyway this is not about HALE its about the VOTE. at the moment 65% say sky poker are not bent, 33% say it is bent and 2% say they not sure
    so far that tells me there a lot more poeple than i thought aggreing with me. 

SO ALL YOU POKERPALS CARRY ON VOTEING SEE IF WE CAN GET TO 100 VOTES TO GET A REALISTIC RESULT

SORRY BOUT THE SPELLING HALE DIDDENT HAVE MY SPELLCHEKER HANDY.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : I am not going to futher publish in full that particular apology, the time has passed now. If you wish to read it, it has now fallen to page 2 of general poker chat. I just wish to reiterate that I took a joke too far and posted something in hindsight that perhaps I shouldn't. No one complained and I was not forced to remove my post, however, I personally felt the post was wrong and took steps to remove it and other associated comments. I do have feelings and I assume so does the person I made fun of. Even though that person did not complain or probably even see the post I still felt it morally correct to remove it and make a public apology. I like to think if it had happened to me then I would have been shown the same courtesy. Be good guys, and genuinely good luck with your campaign. I personally do not feel the site is anyway corrupt but then again like the expression goes.... Theres no smoke without fire. By the way, I have now edited my earlier posts to remove any upset you may feel I have caused. I have no wish to create enemies here, I feel this has now closed this thread for me.
    Posted by Hale72
    come on people lets leave hale alone hes taking enough. its all just banter poker rage lol.  atleast he admits he made a mistake. now lets all just carry on getting bad beats. unless somone wants some. lol goodluck hale72
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : I am not going to futher publish in full that particular apology, the time has passed now. If you wish to read it, it has now fallen to page 2 of general poker chat. I just wish to reiterate that I took a joke too far and posted something in hindsight that perhaps I shouldn't. No one complained and I was not forced to remove my post, however, I personally felt the post was wrong and took steps to remove it and other associated comments. I do have feelings and I assume so does the person I made fun of. Even though that person did not complain or probably even see the post I still felt it morally correct to remove it and make a public apology. I like to think if it had happened to me then I would have been shown the same courtesy. Be good guys, and genuinely good luck with your campaign. I personally do not feel the site is anyway corrupt but then again like the expression goes.... Theres no smoke without fire. By the way, I have now edited my earlier posts to remove any upset you may feel I have caused. I have no wish to create enemies here, I feel this has now closed this thread for me.
    Posted by Hale72
    is u female hale72?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : is u female hale72?
    Posted by neilcarlo
    Yes.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : come on people lets leave hale alone hes taking enough. its all just banter poker rage lol.  atleast he admits he made a mistake. now lets all just carry on getting bad beats. unless somone wants some. lol goodluck hale72
    Posted by neilcarlo
    Thank you Neil. I DO appreciate your comments.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : well said, hale cant go round shouting personal remarks cos poeple cant spell as good as his spell checker. I THINK YOU HALE SHOULD BE WRITEING ANOTHER APOLIGY YOU ARRAGENT SAD POKER ADDICTED MAN. I play poker for fun. i win some i lose some dont take it too seirous not like some poker freaks HALE. anyway this is not about HALE its about the VOTE. at the moment 65% say sky poker are not bent, 33% say it is bent and 2% say they not sure so far that tells me there a lot more poeple than i thought aggreing with me.  SO ALL YOU POKERPALS CARRY ON VOTEING SEE IF WE CAN GET TO 100 VOTES TO GET A REALISTIC RESULT SORRY BOUT THE SPELLING HALE DIDDENT HAVE MY SPELLCHEKER HANDY.
    Posted by pelep
    By the way,is calling someone an arsbandit or bent a personal remark?? Been directed at me more than once during this thread.
    Did you not read one of my last posts, I was only retaliating to abuse I feel I received. Yes the way I retaliate to abuse may not be the same as yours but none the less it was retaliation.

Although as I said earlier, I do not wish to make enemies here, I feel that I should not apologise in anyway for defending myself against abuse.

When I make a mistake, I am happy to admit to this and put myself at the mercy of the forum.

I have removed/edited my earlier posts as obviously they have caused you some anguish, has anyone yet removed/edited their posts that have caused me serious upset?? NO, didnt think so.

The only post that has been removed is the one that threatened to bring a posse round to my house and kill me. Although this was probably forced to be removed. Again, I made no complaints directly to Sky about this post but as they are regularly checked by the moderators, doubtless they also thought this highly inappropriate.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : why do i think all you people who say sky is not bent are working for them or something to do with them. ghost players alover the site.robots dodgy dealers,, colousion.. your all at it. bent. dipping hear dipping ther, its the poker freaks show. hale72   swer to got the sites as bent as you m8. coz the way u talk u iz gotta be an a.se bandit lol.  just a bitta banter bitta fun lol. but the sites still bent and your all still poker freaks lololoolololo
    Posted by neilcarlo
     neil dident you win the valosity on monday nite..lol .you must have had 1 of them ghost players u on about playin for you.lolol  .ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..the only ghost players u got to  worry on this site neil is  me l....lololol..i no its only a bit of banter neiloooooooooooo  but i think a groverling apology to sky is in  order....lolololo     .gl in the future mate  .. but watch out for that ghost ....................oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • edited October 2009
    One other thing about ghost players.

Many sites are downloadable to your computer, Sky current runs in your web browser. Look at various reviews across the net. There are many hundreds of software devices which can advise you on the correct mathamatical play every hand. Some bigger sites have up to 40% of all their players using such devices. This doesn't include automated bots which can be left to run and effectively play for you.

Sky have plans to bring out a download version next year. This will then put sky players at the mercy of these bots and programs.

I assume everyone here prefers their poker on a level playing field regardless of ability or bankroll?

Personally I feel everyone should worry more about this than whether Sky is fixing the cards.

IF Sky are fixing it, (and I still genuinely believe they dont) they are fixing it for everyone. This still puts every single player on this site on a level playing field.

I have cracked aces about the same amount of time as I have had them cracked. People tend not to remember the winning hands, just the exceptional bad beats.

I too went through a spell where I thought the site was fixed or other players could actually see my cards or the community cards before they were dealt. It seemed to me that people were calling with hands like 4 2 and hitting straights even after raises. I (wrongly) assumed they must be able to see the cards or why would they call? I even used to run a virus checker before and after each session.

Unfortunately the simple reason for so many bad beats here is that poor cards are played by too many players. If you find that you are getting more bad beats than you recieve then ultimately you are playing the right cards at the right times.

Most of the time when you win a hand you dont get to see your opponents cards as they have been mucked so how many hundreds of times has your opponent been chasing that flush but missed on the river? Naturally you only remember the times he has hit as these are the only time you get to see his cards.

I like to see it like this, and it may help you at the same time.

'Bad players give bad beats. Good players recieve them.'

Been reading a book recently on poker that says you should actually like bad beats as it means you went in way in front so ultimately it will be a winning play.

The other thing is that people put too much faith in their own hand. How many times has anyone pushed all in with top pair and called by someone with another pair but weaker kicker only to find that kicker pairs as well? Thats not by any means a bad beat as 25% of the time you will pair your kicker.

Every poker site has a forum questioning the integrity of it. Sky also has area 51. Please dont get hung up on the site being fixed, It will seriously affect your game as you will feel the need to play any 2 cards. by playing more cards ultimately means more beats and in turn more anguish at this sites integrity. The best players in the world win less than 20% of the hole cards they have been dealt and will fold 75% of the time. I urge you to look in the game info tab on your next game and see how many flops you play. On a six seater table, I would strongly recommend you have a figure of 30% max. If I feel I have been playing too many flops, this is the first place I go.

Everyone here on the forum is entitled to his own opinion, this is mine, you have yours. I just urge you to resist the thought of this site being fixed as ultimately it will mean you no longer enjoy poker here, and whether you win or lose is irrelevant. The main purpose of playing poker is to have fun.
  • edited October 2009
    One other thing about ghost players. Many sites are downloadable to your computer, Sky current runs in your web browser. Look at various reviews across the net. There are many hundreds of software devices which can advise you on the correct mathamatical play every hand. Some bigger sites have up to 40% of all their players using such devices. This doesn't include automated bots which can be left to run and effectively play for you. Sky have plans to bring out a download version next year. This will then put sky players at the mercy of these bots and programs. I assume everyone here prefers their poker on a level playing field regardless of ability or bankroll? Personally I feel everyone should worry more about this than whether Sky is fixing the cards. IF Sky are fixing it, (and I still genuinely believe they dont) they are fixing it for everyone. This still puts every single player on this site on a level playing field. I have cracked aces about the same amount of time as I have had them cracked. People tend not to remember the winning hands, just the exceptional bad beats. I too went through a spell where I thought the site was fixed or other players could actually see my cards or the community cards before they were dealt. It seemed to me that people were calling with hands like 4 2 and hitting straights even after raises. I (wrongly) assumed they must be able to see the cards or why would they call? I even used to run a virus checker before and after each session. Unfortunately the simple reason for so many bad beats here is that poor cards are played by too many players. If you find that you are getting more bad beats than you recieve then ultimately you are playing the right cards at the right times. Most of the time when you win a hand you dont get to see your opponents cards as they have been mucked so how many hundreds of times has your opponent been chasing that flush but missed on the river? Naturally you only remember the times he has hit as these are the only time you get to see his cards. I like to see it like this, and it may help you at the same time. 'Bad players give bad beats. Good players recieve them.' Been reading a book recently on poker that says you should actually like bad beats as it means you went in way in front so ultimately it will be a winning play. The other thing is that people put too much faith in their own hand. How many times has anyone pushed all in with top pair and called by someone with another pair but weaker kicker only to find that kicker pairs as well? Thats not by any means a bad beat as 25% of the time you will pair your kicker. Every poker site has a forum questioning the integrity of it. Sky also has area 51. Please dont get hung up on the site being fixed, It will seriously affect your game as you will feel the need to play any 2 cards. Everyone here on the forum is entitled to his own opinion, this is mine, you have yours. I just urge you to resist the thought of this site being fixed as ultimately it will mean you no longer enjoy poker here, and whether you win or lose is irrelevant. The main purpose of playing poker is to have fun.
    Posted by Hale72
    And so says everyone who can be sensible and actually has a concept of varience. Nice work Hale
  • edited October 2009
    Hi hale , got a question . Is it possible for sky to prevent the use of bots and programs? I guess the answer is no ,if they are being used everywhere else.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : By the way,is calling someone an arsbandit or bent a personal remark?? Been directed at me more than once during this thread. Did you not read one of my last posts, I was only retaliating to abuse I feel I received. Yes the way I retaliate to abuse may not be the same as yours but none the less it was retaliation. Although as I said earlier, I do not wish to make enemies here, I feel that I should not apologise in anyway for defending myself against abuse. When I make a mistake, I am happy to admit to this and put myself at the mercy of the forum. I have removed/edited my earlier posts as obviously they have caused you some anguish, has anyone yet removed/edited their posts that have caused me serious upset?? NO, didnt think so. The only post that has been removed is the one that threatened to bring a posse round to my house and kill me. Although this was probably forced to be removed. Again, I made no complaints directly to Sky about this post but as they are regularly checked by the moderators, doubtless they also thought this highly inappropriate.
    Posted by Hale72
    The reason this was removed is probably because i reported it. i think some of the stuff being written on here is really gutter talk and nothing to do with the thread, its just plain nastinest.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi hale , got a question . Is it possible for sky to prevent the use of bots and programs? I guess the answer is no ,if they are being used everywhere else.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    I have no idea whether it could be prevented on Sky.
    I am under the assumption that other sites do not like the thought of poker bots but are powerless to stop them.
    I cant see any self respecting site would want it's name tarnished with the thought the majority of it's players are machines.

I therefore assume Sky will be in the same position
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: LETS VOTE BENT OR NOT! : The reason this was removed is probably because i reported it. i think some of the stuff being written on here is really gutter talk and nothing to do with the thread, its just plain nastinest.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thanks loony
  • edited October 2009
    Hi hale , hadnt read the thread or a full post yesterday . Just was flying through,saw you were getting some stick and mentioned your apology. I have been told what was written.If i had seen it ,i would of reported it myself. Have reported in the past and will continue to do so.
  • edited October 2009
    One other thing about ghost players. Many sites are downloadable to your computer, Sky current runs in your web browser. Look at various reviews across the net. There are many hundreds of software devices which can advise you on the correct mathamatical play every hand. Some bigger sites have up to 40% of all their players using such devices. This doesn't include automated bots which can be left to run and effectively play for you. Sky have plans to bring out a download version next year. This will then put sky players at the mercy of these bots and programs. I assume everyone here prefers their poker on a level playing field regardless of ability or bankroll? Personally I feel everyone should worry more about this than whether Sky is fixing the cards. IF Sky are fixing it, (and I still genuinely believe they dont) they are fixing it for everyone. This still puts every single player on this site on a level playing field. I have cracked aces about the same amount of time as I have had them cracked. People tend not to remember the winning hands, just the exceptional bad beats. I too went through a spell where I thought the site was fixed or other players could actually see my cards or the community cards before they were dealt. It seemed to me that people were calling with hands like 4 2 and hitting straights even after raises. I (wrongly) assumed they must be able to see the cards or why would they call? I even used to run a virus checker before and after each session. Unfortunately the simple reason for so many bad beats here is that poor cards are played by too many players. If you find that you are getting more bad beats than you recieve then ultimately you are playing the right cards at the right times. Most of the time when you win a hand you dont get to see your opponents cards as they have been mucked so how many hundreds of times has your opponent been chasing that flush but missed on the river? Naturally you only remember the times he has hit as these are the only time you get to see his cards. I like to see it like this, and it may help you at the same time. 'Bad players give bad beats. Good players recieve them.' Been reading a book recently on poker that says you should actually like bad beats as it means you went in way in front so ultimately it will be a winning play. The other thing is that people put too much faith in their own hand. How many times has anyone pushed all in with top pair and called by someone with another pair but weaker kicker only to find that kicker pairs as well? Thats not by any means a bad beat as 25% of the time you will pair your kicker. Every poker site has a forum questioning the integrity of it. Sky also has area 51. Please dont get hung up on the site being fixed, It will seriously affect your game as you will feel the need to play any 2 cards. by playing more cards ultimately means more beats and in turn more anguish at this sites integrity. The best players in the world win less than 20% of the hole cards they have been dealt and will fold 75% of the time. I urge you to look in the game info tab on your next game and see how many flops you play. On a six seater table, I would strongly recommend you have a figure of 30% max. If I feel I have been playing too many flops, this is the first place I go. Everyone here on the forum is entitled to his own opinion, this is mine, you have yours. I just urge you to resist the thought of this site being fixed as ultimately it will mean you no longer enjoy poker here, and whether you win or lose is irrelevant. The main purpose of playing poker is to have fun.
    Posted by Hale72
    Cracking post, love this line 'Bad players give bad-beats, good players receive them' sums it up very well.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi hale , hadnt read the thread or a full post yesterday . Just was flying through,saw you were getting some stick and mentioned your apology. I have been told what was written.If i had seen it ,i would of reported it myself. Have reported in the past and will continue to do so.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Thanks pilowman.

I have tried on more than one occasion to present an honest and fair comment on this thread. Many of these posts have been deleted because they contain the original threatening comment.To then be told that, just because I dont agree with their views, I must be as bent as this site or an arsbandit I feel is a petty way to strike back., the threaten to find where I live and kill me, I thought just sick.

One forum member who originally posted deflamatory remarks here has indeed posted a comment asking for this to stop. For that I am grateful. I sincerely hope all of this now stops.
  • edited October 2009

Ugh.

Truly, the most dreadful thread ever on our Community.

I'm truly lost for words.
  • edited October 2009
    hey guys,

just a quick note...

some of the language on this thread is completely unacceptable, breaks the community house rules and will not be tolerated.

please remember that this community was intended for open, friendly debate and we want to keep it that way.

any posts containing personal attacks, foul language or anything inappropriate will be removed.

a number of individuals have now been warned for their conduct in this thread.

everyone please remember - if you see any posts that are offensive in any way just click on the 'report abuse' button that appears below every post. this is the fastest way to alert our mods and have abusive content removed.

sorry for coming on a bit strong here but this one needs clearing up.
  • edited October 2009

Thank you for removing the most offensive Posts Rich.
  • edited October 2009
    Well Done Rich