You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

yes or no question.....

edited July 2011 in Area 51

if you answered yes to the question about all poker sites being intentionly or unintentionly faulty/dodgy..are you still going to play online poker for money

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Give it a rest
  • edited June 2011
    Indeed elsa.  But to answer your question Davey the answer has been no, for quite some time.

My thread was put up for three reasons.

1)  To get a honest representaion of peoples views (without all the trimmings)
    2)  To see who would be happy to have their thoughts concretely known
    3)  To see who would be rude about it.

Derision is the standard, where it really shouldnt be.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: yes or no question.....:
    Give it a rest
    Posted by elsadog
    +1 trolling ftw .
  • edited June 2011
    Indeed elsa.  But to answer your question Davey the answer has been no, for quite some time. My thread was put up for three reasons. 1)  To get a honest representaion of peoples views (without all the trimmings) 2)  To see who would be happy to have their thoughts concretely known 3)  To see who would be rude about it. Derision is the standard, where it really shouldnt be.
    Posted by AMYBR
    i understood your post completely...and all respect to you for abstaining if you think it is faulty........its people who keep bleating that its fixed/rigged/faulty rng that make me laugh because they are still paying for a service that they say is ripping them off......why would you do that?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: yes or no question..... : i understood your post completely...and all respect to you for abstaining if you think it is faulty........its people you keep bleating that its fixed/rigged/faulty rng that make me laugh because they are still paying for a service that they say is ripping them off......why would you do that?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    A faulty rng or whatever doesn't mean everyone or anyone is getting ripped off all the time. There has to be a winner of every hand regardless. I choose to play, for small amounts of money only, despite my suspicions because I enjoy playing (it feeds my competitive urge) and because, until fairly recently, I was making a small but steady profit and so playing for free. If there is funny stuff going on with the dealing then I have almost certainly been ripped off on many hands but not every hand. I have almost certainly been the beneficiary on some occasions also.
  • edited June 2011
    People play fruit machines when they know its rigged against them, but they still play them, people buy scratchcards when they know its rigged against them, England tries to be the world cup host...... i dont think its rigged myself, well not all of the time anyway lol.
  • edited June 2011
    People play fruit machines when they know its rigged against them, but they still play them, people buy scratchcards when they know its rigged against them, England tries to be the world cup host...... i dont think its rigged myself, well not all of the time anyway lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    fruit machines are not rigged they are just set for a certain percentage payout 84% is i think the standard...same with scratchcards only one in so many are winners but the difference is you know the odds of winning are against you.....england?.....say no more lol.

• edited June 2011
    How, if its rigged, cough cough,!  does the RNG know I will play AA or any other combination of cards and not fold them.? ie, how does it force me into a losing hand.? thus making it rigged. !
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: yes or no question..... : fruit machines are not rigged they are just set for a certain percentage payout 84% is i think the standard...same with sracthcards only one in so mant are winners but the difference is you know the odds of winning are against you.....england?.....say no more lol.
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
     once again someone as hit the nail on the head but can not  see it. if fruit machines are rated. the regulations allow this you have hot and cold ones depending on the set rate. i keep asking the same question, what regulation is used for online poker live or machine. they will not say, trade secret or what. try and get a copy of the regulations. no chance. new players, and top cash players are the kiss of death in mtts why. you will say luck in one case and rubbish calls in the other that get lucky. try to open your mind to the possibility that, no the site is not rigged , the regulations are being followed, they my be allowed to rate a player as a machine the question should be how many would give online poker up if it was found to be the case that the regulation being used were slot machine
  • edited June 2011
    if you say that the RNG  is truely random.. how come nearly everyhand come straight , flush and always 2 pair..

and then the random cards come when there are only 2 in the deck for someone to win but randomly this comes after about 5-9 seconds...   then u get the bad callers who rrandomly always win....

the rng is designed for random cards yes..

random to the cards played...   the odds of the certain cards comng is more than the true odds in live poker..

thats why people think it is fixed..
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: yes or no question..... : i understood your post completely...and all respect to you for abstaining if you think it is faulty........its people who keep bleating that its fixed/rigged/faulty rng that make me laugh because they are still paying for a service that they say is ripping them off......why would you do that?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Yeah I just didnt want to get bogged down with all the misunderstood arguments for and against the issue, which follows on from your post.

But what you say here is spot on.  I used to moan and play moan and play.  There comes a point when you kind of have to stick with your conviction and stop playing, rather than disrupt the community, as there is always the potential that your wrong and just spoiling others activities.

For the record I think the whole way the action plays is stimulated for action, hands being predetermined and I dont believe there is anywhere near enough regulation.  I dont believe its setup to favour any individual (mostly), merely designed to rinse repeat rinse repeat the majority of players, as elsa so elegantly puts it.

An argument I've never quite finished is signup freerolls though :p

But on the other side of the fence online just plays differently in terms of people playing looser, more aggressive and bluffy.  Plus people dont play anywhere near aswell as they think they do, nor have any idea of the dicipline required.
  • edited June 2011
    Fruit machines in the long run will only payout 84%(or whatever the figure is) so they have a massive edge. It's why I don't play them. If you think online poker is rigged,do something else or play live poker. Then when the same one,two,three outers,how can they call,the rng is fixed hands come in, you'll realise that it's just poker.
  • edited June 2011
    How, if its rigged, cough cough,!  does the RNG know I will play AA or any other combination of cards and not fold them.? ie, how does it force me into a losing hand.? thus making it rigged. !
    Posted by logdon
    The theory is that the RNG expects you to do some things with some hands.
    If it gives you 2 aces and someone else 2 8's it expects you both to see the flop. So thats stage 1.
    It needs to create a flop to keep you both interested to stay in until the turn. Something like 2 3 4.
    Once your at the turn it needs to get you to put more money in to see the river so this is a good time for them to put an 8 in the middle. 

Its likely that all the money will go in now because 1 player has a set and 1 player has a big overpair.

Now depending on how many chips each player has the dealer can either put a meaningless card out to let the set of 8s win or if the pocket aces is the big stack they will put another Ace or a 5 on the last card to let the aces win the hand.

So even though the dealer doesnt know 100% what both players are going to do it can make you do things and maniulate the action.

Thats the theory anyway.
  • edited June 2011
    vote yes.we ar all addicted.gl
  • edited June 2011
    Surely this whole topic is a total Level lol
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by ChirpyChip

I'll book you in for a week in Ward51

You're obviously very confused m8. Just join in and humour Davey like the rest of us.

• edited June 2011
    No lol I mean the whole notion that Online Poker is Rigged... That has to be the Level... incred
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    What do people mean when they say something is "a level"? I see this on the forum frequently but have no idea what it's all aboot

• edited June 2011
    _ = level

/ = not level

simples

(level = wind-up)
  • edited June 2011
    you guys do realise online poker doesnt pay out 100% either. To be a winner you have to have enough of an edge to beat the rake

And anyone who plays when they think its rigged, I dont know why you still play but if you are playing anyway stop whinging when you get a beat/cooler you already expect to happen
  • edited June 2011
    _ = level / = not level simples (level = wind-up)
    Posted by elsadog
    Thanks alien leader :)

• edited June 2011
    No lol I mean the whole notion that Online Poker is Rigged... That has to be the Level... incred
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Why must it be a level? What did you think when the DoJ shut down 3 poker sites and arrested 11 senior executives for fraudulent trading? "Surely, this must be a level?" Sky is controlled by News International, owner of the News of the World. What did you think when you heard that the NOTW had been hacking into people's phones? "Surely, this must be a level?"
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: yes or no question..... : Why must it be a level? What did you think when the DoJ shut down 3 poker sites and arrested 11 senior executives for fraudulent trading? "Surely, this must be a level?" Sky is controlled by News International, owner of the News of the World. What did you think when you heard that the NOTW had been hacking into people's phones? "Surely, this must be a level?"
    Posted by Seagull158
    n1 seagull
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: yes or no question..... : Why must it be a level? What did you think when the DoJ shut down 3 poker sites and arrested 11 senior executives for fraudulent trading? "Surely, this must be a level?" Sky is controlled by News International, owner of the News of the World. What did you think when you heard that the NOTW had been hacking into people's phones? "Surely, this must be a level?"
    Posted by Seagull158
    Yeah well said.  Its amazing the depth people will plunge their heads in the sand to believe all is well.  Guess what guys, all isnt well in the industry, fact.
  • edited June 2011
    lol your argument's are hysterical.... why would Sky, a multi-million pound corporation.... offering Services to millions of people, risk rigging a Small-poker site, which no doubt if found guilty of cheating its customers, would severaly damage its reputation if not destroy it completely.... risk facing severe heavy fines, and obviously see the shut down of it's site? 

Why on earth would they risk all that........ honestly... unreal these threads are sometimes.... common sense should prevail surely.

And regarding the shut down of the larger American sites, it was nothing to do with fixing of the program, rigging etc... it was the way it conducted the financial accounts of their business... would would they ever fix the cards....?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
  • edited June 2011
    lol your argument's are hysterical.... why would Sky, a multi-million pound corporation.... offering Services to millions of people, risk rigging a Small-poker site, which no doubt if found guilty of cheating its customers, would severaly damage its reputation if not destroy it completely.... risk facing severe heavy fines, and obviously see the shut down of it's site?  Why on earth would they risk all that........ honestly... unreal these threads are sometimes.... common sense should prevail surely. And regarding the shut down of the larger American sites, it was nothing to do with fixing of the program, rigging etc... it was the way it conducted the financial accounts of their business... would would they ever fix the cards....? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
    Posted by ChirpyChip
                                                          WHY to keep new players happy
                                                          WHY to keep high rake players happy
                                                          WHY to manage time ie breaks, 
                                                          WHY to control the bubble.
                                                          WHY to control the big stack v the small
                                                          WHY because thay can.
                                                          WHY to generate profit.   
  • edited June 2011
    aaaahhhhhhhhh as much as i hate 2 say it

i agree wiv chirpy
  • edited June 2011
    lol your argument's are hysterical.... why would Sky, a multi-million pound corporation.... offering Services to millions of people, risk rigging a Small-poker site, which no doubt if found guilty of cheating its customers, would severaly damage its reputation if not destroy it completely.... risk facing severe heavy fines, and obviously see the shut down of it's site?  Why on earth would they risk all that........ honestly... unreal these threads are sometimes.... common sense should prevail surely. And regarding the shut down of the larger American sites, it was nothing to do with fixing of the program, rigging etc... it was the way it conducted the financial accounts of their business... would would they ever fix the cards....? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
    Posted by ChirpyChip

The point AMYBR is making is that putting all your trust in a company that is prepared to, bribe banks, launder illegal income and set-up shadow companies and obviously isn't as white as the driven snow, might not be a shrewd move. Similarly a company that is prepared to illegally tap telephone conversations in order to further it's business plans isn't above reproach. None of these illegal activities are directly related to rigging the cards or any other fixing of games, however to say they would never do it or consider it isn't wise with their track record of illegal dealings.

As to why would they do/consider rigging the game, it has been debated to death and for every argument there is an equally convincing argument from the other side. There are sound financial reasons for changing the game from it's natural state but that doesn't mean it happens. Conversely not being caught doesn't prove innocence, after all up to the point that the FBI/DoJ intervened in the PS, FT and UB there was no suspicion by the general public that they were involved in any illegal enterprises, and why would they - they make millions from the game and surely wouldn't jeopardise it all for extra profit - or would they?

Thoughtless rantings about rigging by losing players are foolish, but so is blind faith in an organisation you know little or nothing about. 
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    To make more money.
  • edited June 2011
    don't you guys have something better to gossip about? Geodie Shore is on tonight, and Neighbours is getting mighty interesting...

Come on now, some of this stuff is absolutely ridics. Chirpy has it spot on, you're all delusional.